Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Note that I didn't specify what we'd play.[/QUOTE]

I did note that.. I saw where you were headed there, I just decided to play along. :)
I was counter-joking that maybe looking for deals would have been a better use of my time :)

Don't get me wrong - I like SWToR - she just LOVES it (a little too much). She's got 6 characters going and crafting/auction house selling with ALL of them.
Plus, she wants to do ALL the "Heroic Missions" on every planet. Due to this we are way over-levelled (which then makes her complain the game is too easy).
I have one char (which I play with her) and 2 others that I stopped playing altogether since I don't have anywhere near the patience or time to play as much as her (she is still crafting atm).

[quote name='oman19']Same....was so addicted to WoW I havn't let myself play another MMO[/QUOTE]

Same. I played WoW on an off for 6 years. I tried GW2 didn't fill the void. But will never go back to WoW it has actually killed off any love I had for MMO which I am glad.

[quote name='glennfrank']I did note that.. I saw where you were headed there, I just decided to play along. :)
I was counter-joking that maybe looking for deals would have been a better use of my time :)

Don't get me wrong - I like SWToR - she just LOVES it (a little too much). She's got 6 characters going and crafting/auction house selling with ALL of them.
Plus, she wants to do ALL the "Heroic Missions" on every planet. Due to this we are way over-levelled (which then makes her complain the game is too easy).
I have one char (which I play with her) and 2 others that I stopped playing altogether since I don't have anywhere near the patience or time to play as much as her (she is still crafting atm).[/QUOTE]
Wanna trade? Mine is a console whore... -_-

I wanted to pick up War for Cybertron when I saw it on Steam's sale. But I have that nagging feeling in my gut that the $4.99 will be $2.49 by either the Summer Sale or Winter Sale, and I've got so many games just from Amazon alone that I can afford to wait.

Speaking of, been playing both KoA and Darksiders, absolutely love them. Especially KoA; much more than I thought I would. Kinda reminds me of Rift and WoW play-wise, but without the trolls other players to deal with. And the story, while somewhat generic, kinda has me intrigued.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Does anyone know of any good deals on Midol?[/QUOTE]

I asked Tony five times whether Amazon was going to have an upcoming Midol promotion, but he never answered. That's it, I'm going back to Walgreens. They'll never tell me about any of their upcoming promotions, but at least I'll be as clueless as every other Walgreens customer. Better to have no knowledge than some!

[quote name='kiwimonster']Same. I played WoW on an off for 6 years. I tried GW2 didn't fill the void. But will never go back to WoW it has actually killed off any love I had for MMO which I am glad.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to stop but one day in late September a few years ago I looked at my golf clubs and wondered why I hadn't been golfing all summer and realized it was because of the D@mn game. Made myself quit cold turkey lol.

[quote name='Motoki']I always had a thing for Twi'leks.[/QUOTE]

See! God I wish I could show this page to my GF but I just responded to Idiotekque with something that would make her angry. :)
She was wondering just yesterday why anyone would play a Twi'lek. I mentioned that they were popular and that some people really liked them. She looked at me like I was crazy.
I find it funny that she calls Khem Val "Honey" but thinks Twi'leks are ugly.

TOR%20Inqui%20Inqui%20Khem%20Val.jpg

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wanna trade? Mine is a console whore... -_-[/QUOTE]
A/L? lol just kidding - man, would she kill me if she ever saw these posts lol.

When Amazon first put out the EC list and Hotline Miami was on it, I thought it had a great chance to be a "freebie." When it was 4.99 for much of December I thought it was a sure thing. I was a bit disappointed to see Hotline Miami go back up to 7.49 a day or two before the beginning of the year.

Still, I was prepared to spend 2.50 on it - but not until late January. I just don't buy games during a sale until the last day or two. There is always a chance for a daily deal someplace.

Looks like this one was a mistake, but I got lucky and got in before the price went back to 7.49. Glad it worked out for some.

On another note, it is sad to see the thread devolve here. Tony was dealing with a lot of nuisance stuff regarding pricing, and he has earned a break. Still, it seems a few of the rudest show up when Tony isn't around. It is pretty obvious from the past few dozen pages that he is a major factor in keeping this community civil, so hopefully he makes more regular visits after he has a chance to recharge.

[quote name='glennfrank']A/L? lol just kidding - man, would she kill me if she ever saw these posts lol.[/QUOTE]
I don't want to go to prison, so I'll end the conversation here. :D

And to anyone who is bummed about missing Hotline Miami for free, it could still legit hit $5 again before the month is done.

[quote name='avwjase']It has it's pros and cons like any game. Although it is markedly better than your grammar. An ellipsis has three periods, son. It does not have four or two and the shift-key is on either side of the keyboard.

Now, you 'cool guys' can go back to living with your parents and watching anime. Those of us with advanced degrees have these things called jobs and must get up early in the morning. So, I bid you farewell.[/QUOTE]

OT: All that jawing on about grammar and you couldn't even manage to properly distinguish between 'its' and 'it's.' Advanced degrees must not be worth much these days :roll:

On-topic: Amazon has actually gotten more of my money than Steam this time around. Getting Hotline Miami for free was absolutely insane. Keep up the good work!

Still catching up on the insane amount the rage going on for the past 20 or so pages but wanted to drop in and note that the price match to Hotline was (and this should be obvious...) an error. Our automated systems put the match in place, I got a note in my email that sales were going nuts, checked what was up, took the buy box down, fixed the price, and then put it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony

I was wondering, for anyone who grabbed The Secret World, how you were enjoying it? I've been thinking about getting it but still debating and the hour is nigh!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still catching up on the insane amount the rage going on for the past 20 or so pages but wanted to drop in and note that the price match to Hotline was (and this should be obvious...) an error. Our automated systems put the match in place, I got a note in my email that sales were going nuts, checked what was up, took the buy box down, fixed the price, and then put it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's basically like this:

OMGIjustpaid$2.49ragerageragedeathtoamazon!

and then some effigies burned, amidst celebration of free games by others.

20 page cliffnotes, done.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still catching up on the insane amount the rage going on for the past 20 or so pages but wanted to drop in and note that the price match to Hotline was (and this should be obvious...) an error. Our automated systems put the match in place, I got a note in my email that sales were going nuts, checked what was up, took the buy box down, fixed the price, and then put it back on sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

There will always be nut-jobs in the world Tony - and unfortunately they seem to be very vocal the past few days. To balance them out marginally I would like to just thank you for all the things you do here at CAG and let you know that I appreciate your hard work and dedication. :applause:

[quote name='glennfrank']There will always be nut-jobs in the world Tony - and unfortunately they seem to be very vocal the past few days. To balance them out marginally I would like to just thank you for all the things you do here at CAG and let you know that I appreciate your hard work and dedication. :applause:[/QUOTE]

^^^
Seconded!!!

[quote name='glennfrank']There will always be nut-jobs in the world Tony - and unfortunately they seem to be very vocal the past few days. To balance them out marginally I would like to just thank you for all the things you do here at CAG and let you know that I appreciate your hard work and dedication. :applause:[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='DarkGamer11']Seconded. Finally finished downloading today and played a little bit while I was home. I'm illuminati and picked pistols, mainly because I just love dual pistols Haha not sure of what role ill play yet but the little I played was very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Thirded. I'm illuminati with blood magic and an assault rifle. I'm intrigued by the story and the characters I've met so far. So, far just been soloing but I'm having fun.

I hope co op with some other CAGs soon. I'm EDJ in TSW.

[quote name='Glomerate']I was wondering, for anyone who grabbed The Secret World, how you were enjoying it? I've been thinking about getting it but still debating and the hour is nigh![/QUOTE]

I'm having fun so far. I've found that it's easier to solo if you have a spread attack. If you don't you can get overrun by the zombie hordes.

I purchased it yesterday around 7pm EST. The dl took forever but once it was done I signed in and started creating my character.

The initiate pack was including. I also have "issue 5". I'm glad the game when to buy to pay or else I probably would have got interesting in playing.

I've played several different mmorpgs through the years. This one feels unique. The story is intriguing. I find myself wanting to explore everything. Collect pieces of lore that tell about the factions and locations. I don't feel like I'm doing that same thing over and over again. I don't feel burdened by sinking points forever in skills that I may not need. The freedom of rebuilding your character anytime is great!

Some stuff in the game are really weird. Like what is with the Mayan zombies spawning in areas with npcs?? Those guys are tough. I met one right at the entrance to Kingsmith the first time I arrived and killed me!

Overall, I say if location and story interest you take a chance! There is an entire Steam group ran by Idiotekque that has several CAGs looking to play the game. If you get it add me I'm EDJ in TSW.

A question for anyone who's activated Darkness II:

Did you receive the content from the limited edition?
Darkness2_LELG.jpg
Check Main Menu>Options>Game for the "Crazy Abdul" skin, \Steam\steamapps\common\darkness ii\TheDarknessII-Silvestri.pdf for illustration, etc.

[quote name='cheapo72']A question for anyone who's activated Darkness II:

Did you receive the content from the limited edition?
Darkness2_LELG.jpg
Check Main Menu>Options>Game for the "Crazy Abdul" skin, \Steam\steamapps\common\darkness ii\TheDarknessII-Silvestri.pdf for illustration, etc.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't.

I contacted Origin chat help asking about TSW Origin redeeming, but 2 reps said that is not possible :cry:

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!

[quote name='xanchui']It's basically like this:

OMGIjustpaid$2.49ragerageragedeathtoamazon!

and then some effigies burned, amidst celebration of free games by others.

20 page cliffnotes, done.[/QUOTE]

I knew about the price error just few minutes ago. I bought the game for $2.49 yesterday and I rarely regret any purchase I make as long as the price seems right

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

And now I have to pay a whole $2.49!? Do you know how many copies of Borderlands 2 that would get me on GamersGate?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I just did a quick read and some of the posts are embarrassing, AmazonGate?? WTF?? Tony, two things, apologies for the rabble of the raging internerds.

Second, a moderator for this thread, it's become unbearable.

^^^^Fourpled/Quadraplonked

I paid under $3 for a cool indie game (Hotline Miami). I paid $13 for a subscription-free, cool MMORPG (The Secret World). I paid $5 for a bundle of cool games including one that I was surprised to really enjoy (Desert to Sea Bundle - Spec Ops: The Line). I paid $12.50 for one of my favorite games of the last few years and even shed a tear or two (The Walking Dead). And on and on and on...*

There's a fine line between being a cheap ass and expecting everything to go rock bottom or free. Thanks for hooking us up with great deals which I honestly can't complain about.

*I live near Seattle, so add tax, heh.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It did seem weird it matched a flash sale and several people did speculate it probably resulted from "tell us about a lower price" matching. The mods don't really say much in this thread, so without your influence it does tend to get worse here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)

[quote name='espy605']It did seem weird it matched a flash sale and several people did speculate it probably resulted from "tell us about a lower price" matching. The mods don't really say much in this thread, so without your influence it does tend to get worse here.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure a Mod would have done much good here. My co-worker and I had to spend 5-10 minutes figuring out why the price changed. A mod definitely wouldn't have had any insight into that.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Missed Hotline Miami for free, not mad about it because i wasn't thinking about picking up the game on the first place, i think it's gonna be on an Indie Bundle at some point anyway so no problem there. But on a more serious tone this price glitches need to stop, if i buy a game at some price and the it gets price matched and ends up being cheaper i'm not gonna be mad because i tought the game was worth the price i paid on the first place and i knw it could ended up getting PM. But when the game ends up being cheaper because of a glitch then you're gonna have unhappy people, specially if they bought it at a price and 10 minutes after it's on another price or free, and i'm not talking about CAGs only but the whole amount of customers you guys have now due to the amazing sales you are putting.

Anyway so far Spec Ops and Amalur for me, looking forward to the great deals i know you guys are gonna come with the rest of the month.

[quote name='Detruire']@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure a Mod would have done much good here. My co-worker and I had to spend 5-10 minutes figuring out why the price changed. A mod definitely wouldn't have had any insight into that.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't mean mods can help with the insight into a price change, but they can definitely make people stop raging and inciting others. People speculate like crazy when you don't respond (and it always goes to worst-case/worst-faith scenarios).

For most people, putting users on ignore is the best option, but you probably don't have that luxury. But like someone else pointed out, your efforts and communication are appreciated by a lot of us, even if some of us make it not seem that way.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Huh I wonder how Idiotekque has 10 copies of Hotline Miami and for only $7 each...[/QUOTE]
Too cheap, right? I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='MysterD']Cool. Thanks.
Let me know if it has the new developer's console to activate console-commands and all of that crazy stuff that makes it Developer's Cut...or not![/QUOTE]

I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hmm good call,

I'll hit up Focus and see if they can get us the DC.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Detruire']@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)[/QUOTE]

THIS

:)

Thanks Tony and all the *sane* CAGs.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hmm good call,

I'll hit up Focus and see if they can get us the DC.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think that it's a GOG exclusive

[quote name='jrodri86']Missed Hotline Miami for free, not mad about it because i wasn't thinking about picking up the game on the first place, i think it's gonna be on an Indie Bundle at some point anyway so no problem there. But on a more serious tone this price glitches need to stop, if i buy a game at some price and the it gets price matched and ends up being cheaper i'm not gonna be mad because i tought the game was worth the price i paid on the first place and i knw it could ended up getting PM. But when the game ends up being cheaper because of a glitch then you're gonna have unhappy people, specially if they bought it at a price and 10 minutes after it's on another price or free, and i'm not talking about CAGs only but the whole amount of customers you guys have now due to the amazing sales you are putting.

Anyway so far Spec Ops and Amalur for me, looking forward to the great deals i know you guys are gonna come with the rest of the month.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I always thought it is the other way around. If Amazon intentionally did that, many will complain but for a glitch that occured for a very short time (it was short, right?), nobody should be unhappy.

[quote name='inm8num2']I'm still waiting for Tony to post and forget to add "Cheers, Tony" to the end. When this happens all hell will break loose.[/QUOTE]
32433293.jpg

[quote name='r9800pro']Weird, I always thought it is the other way around. If Amazon intentionally did that, many will complain but for a glitch that occured for a very short time (it was short, right?), nobody should be unhappy.[/QUOTE]

Specially if they bought it at a price and 10 minutes after it's on another price or free

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This is what is now making me nervous about buying DRM free on Amazon. DRM free is the Light for me but I don't like possibly missing content or having to find it in the wild. Maybe I need to switch to Steam :(

On the same topic, any chance of getting the updated version of Trine 1?

Just curious, why all this talk about DKS? I was hoping it would be an EC since it was always a big deal with its awesome sales throughout the year and I skipped it since I didn't have a capable PC at the time.

Thanks!

[quote name='r9800pro']Weird, I always thought it is the other way around. If Amazon intentionally did that, many will complain but for a glitch that occured for a very short time (it was short, right?), nobody should be unhappy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with you. People were confused at what happened, some gave Tony the benefit of a doubt, some didn't. It's not like the glitches are intentional, and Amazon honored everyone who took advantage of it (except for like the 1 guy who was checking out as the glitch was fixed, but it's not like he lost money).

Now someone combine willpower with me so we can get Max Payne 3 back in stock before the sale's over.

$2.50 for Hotline is still half the price of the Steam Sale.
Look at the upside CAGers:)

Tony,

Are we going to see Sleeping Dogs on the EC list, or can you give us a list of upcoming games?

Thanx

[quote name='Needles-Kane']This is what is now making me nervous about buying DRM free on Amazon. DRM free is the Light for me but I don't like possibly missing content or having to find it in the wild. Maybe I need to switch to Steam :(

On the same topic, any chance of getting the updated version of Trine 1?

Just curious, why all this talk about DKS? I was hoping it would be an EC since it was always a big deal with its awesome sales throughout the year and I skipped it since I didn't have a capable PC at the time.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Steam its merits, including multi-platform ownership if you own any platform copy of a game, automatic patching, install-free downloads (for the most part), and easy updates to games. My Witcher copies got updated automatically for free, Broken Sword games, etc. It's the trade-off for accepting DRM but it is worth it when you are downloading games that are like 30GB and then you have to install it.

Because DKS recently released a Developer's Cut with extra content for free, which was seamlessly delivered to Steam owners but kind of clunky for everyone else.

I dont care about hotline miami and I dont see how anyone can be upset as it obviously wasn't meant to be free. However the secret world was one of the games I did want. Some of us have been crazy busy with the new year and the fact that I barely missed the sale shouldn't be eating at me as much at it is but f it, I am not buying shit off amazon for awhile.

[quote name='retrad']I dont care about hotline miami and I dont see how anyone can be upset as it obviously wasn't meant to be free. However the secret world was one of the games I did want. Some of us have been crazy busy with the new year and the fact that I barely missed the sale shouldn't be eating at me as much at it is but f it, I am not buying shit off amazon for awhile.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale only for 2 days, so the time frame was rather small.

Maybe it'll be on sale again or price matched?

[quote name='retrad']I dont care about hotline miami and I dont see how anyone can be upset as it obviously wasn't meant to be free. However the secret world was one of the games I did want. Some of us have been crazy busy with the new year and the fact that I barely missed the sale shouldn't be eating at me as much at it is but f it, I am not buying shit off amazon for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Wait, you missed sale, so you're mad at Amazon and not buying from them? I'm confused. :whistle2:#

I'm sure the sale will repeat, in any case. Or you could ask around in the trading thread, maybe someone will sell you their key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back