Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This i'm pretty curious about. What did ou buy on Steam and not from us. The reason I ask is that I struggle to think of ~$350 worth of games we both carry that we haven't had for cheaper since 11/1.

I'll hit up my Take 2 guy on GTA IV Complete. I doubt he'll want me to promote GTA V yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Could you also talk to him about adding LA Noire to the list? :bouncy:
If all these games end up on the editor's choice list, I'll run out of vouchers. :(

[quote name='pROvIs']That whole thing sucks. Glad it sounds like its working out for you.

On another note your local new station workers look like they are from the 80s.

Also, looks like a need a new identity and job. Hmmm Who next.[/QUOTE]

That news story was from the area the thief was from. Tony, UW_Shock, me, and I think a couple others here are from the Seattle Area.

With that in mind, Tony, don't forget that you can call in the cops from Ballard or just call Jesse. :)

P.S. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I hope things work out for you quickly. Oh, and anyone outside of Seattle: Ballard is totally different now. It's one of the hippest places in the area. Who woulda thought?

P.S.S. I suck at formatting apparently.

Tony,

Sorry to hear about your ID theft; I really hope the authorities are able to track that guy down and make him take responsibility for your headaches.

As for my spending breakdown, still incomplete as the spending holiday has been extended into January.

Amazon:
Hitman: Absolution - $20
Prototype Bundle - $7.50
Assassin's Creed - Revelations - $2.50
Dead Island - GOTY - $6.80
Syndicate - $5
Kingdoms of Amalur - $12
1 million 2K games :D :D :D [although this is probably worth several hundred $$]
AND probably more games for January [Dark Souls, TWD?, etc...]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $53.80

STEAM:
Tomb Raider - Underworld - $2.50
Silverfall - Complete -$3.75
Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - $5
Far Cry 1 - $2.50
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $2
---------------------------------------
Total: $15.75

Thank you for kicking STEAM's butt. Keep up the good work Tony!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']That news story was from the area the thief was from. Tony, UW_Shock, me, and I think a couple others here are from the Seattle Area.

With that in mind, Tony, don't forget that you can call in the cops from Ballard or just call Jesse. :)

P.S. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I hope things work out for you quickly. Oh, and anyone outside of Seattle: Ballard is totally different now. It's one of the hippest places in the area. Who woulda thought?

P.S.S. I suck at formatting apparently.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually from that area of Florida too, I'm fairly certain I lost my wallet after getting of a Spring Break Cruise my last year in college. I was using my birth certificate as my passport (still could do this back then) and it was in my wallet alongside my driver's license.

Infinitely wise, 21 year old Tony, was certain his invincibility would protect him from ID theft...he was wrong. 28 year old Tony sometimes wishes he had a time machine to go beat the crap out of 21 year old Tony lol.

Also, I agree, Ballard is rad. If you ever want to grad dinner or happy hour (I'm assuming you're an adult based on your posts) I'd totally be down. Paddington and I are usually at the Ballard Market every Sunday too.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,

Sorry to hear about your ID theft; I really hope the authorities are able to track that guy down and make him take responsibility for your headaches.

[/QUOTE]

No worries lol, I just figured it'd be a fun way to show you guys how awkward I am on camera after the game show comment.

Also, does anyone watch Homeland? I'm addicted...

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No worries lol, I just figured it'd be a fun way to show you guys how awkward I am on camera after the game show comment.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I don't want to start watching it yet because I don't want to suffer through the waiting each week for an episode. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the 4th season was complete, so I watched it marathon style, then I started watching it as episodes came out once I caught up, and it was brutal waiting each week. I hear Homeland is really good though, so it's really got me itching to just say screw it and start watching it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No worries lol, I just figured it'd be a fun way to show you guys how awkward I am on camera after the game show comment.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Actually, I still have to watch the last episode; I just watched the one where they killed I think his name is "Alasaum".

However! Since your watching Showtime, you have to be a Dexter disciple, right!?!?! :D

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Have heard Homeland is awesome....been thinking about making that the next series I do in a marathon once I finish Breaking Bad.

[quote name='lnknprk']I don't want to start watching it yet because I don't want to suffer through the waiting each week for an episode. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the 4th season was complete, so I watched it marathon style, then I started watching it as episodes came out once I caught up, and it was brutal waiting each week. I hear Homeland is really good though, so it's really got me itching to just say screw it and start watching it.[/QUOTE]

Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.

[quote name='lnknprk']I don't want to start watching it yet because I don't want to suffer through the waiting each week for an episode. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the 4th season was complete, so I watched it marathon style, then I started watching it as episodes came out once I caught up, and it was brutal waiting each week. I hear Homeland is really good though, so it's really got me itching to just say screw it and start watching it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm freaking out because I'm almost done with Season 1, Season 2 isn't available without Showtime, and I don't do cable (Amazon/Hulu for everything).

The same thing happened with Grimm and The Event...makes me sad.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Actually, I still have to watch the last episode; I just watched the one where they killed I think his name is "Alasaum".

However! Since your watching Showtime, you have to be a Dexter disciple, right!?!?! :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the spoiler alert dude! And yeah, I'm a Dexter nut but I'm a few seasons behind.

[quote name='oman19']Have heard Homeland is awesome....been thinking about making that the next series I do in a marathon once I finish Breaking Bad.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing a Breaking Bad marathon soon. I've never seen even 1 episode.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='oman19']Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.[/QUOTE]

For real dude, I think the model has been proven out and the first company that releases episodic content in large, martahon-able chunks, is going to make cash remarkably fast.

I think that's a market sooooo ready for disruption (the way Steam did with the PC gaming market).

Cheers,
Tony

I want to watch Homeland but I have trouble keeping up with stuff and already have a huge backlog of movies and TV shows to watch (still haven't seen Game of Thrones either! :O)

[quote name='Amazon DVG']
Also, I agree, Ballard is rad. If you ever want to grad dinner or happy hour (I'm assuming you're an adult based on your posts) I'd totally be down. Paddington and I are usually at the Ballard Market every Sunday too.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I imagine running into you on a sidewalk and, "um, excuse me but...."

Ballard is nice (tho Red Mill was closed on NYE!) but Beacon Hill where I live is getting nicer with the nightlife. Georgetown a walk down the hill has the best brewery-crawl, possibly anywhere.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show on TV right now. So much happens and just keeps getting better as the season go on.

I also watched Homeland, just finished up season 2 not too long ago. Its very good in my opinion and now I get to wait forever for the next season...

[quote name='oman19']Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.[/QUOTE]

That might catch on eventually. Netflix is going to do the whole release the season in one day thing with House of Cards.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It starts out slow so beware...I was a few episodes in and I was like " eh this is just okay,but it is not as good as The Wire"......then at some point a day later when I'm half way through season 2 I'm like "wholly crap how many episodes have I watched...this show is awesome"

Might as well join in on sharing purchase data. ;)

Amazon:

Hotline Miami - free (sorry Tony!)
Spec Ops - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
Darkness 2 - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
South Park: Stick of Truth preorder - $39.99 (used the THQ coupon, whether I keep the pre-order depends on what kind of offers are going on closer to release)
Scribblenauts - $7.49
Lego LOTR - $7.49
The Secret World - $14.99
Hell Yeah! - $3.74
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - $1.37
Prototype Pack - $7.49

GMG:

Crusader Kings 2: Legacy of Rome - $0.93 (also bought some other random DLC for 49c each)
Sleeping Dogs - $13.60 (bought during November before Amazon had a competitive sale on it)
Sine Mora - $1.75 (I don't have to explain why at that price, right?)
Football Manager 2013 - $14 (gifted, cheaper than what Amazon planned during the time period and couldn't wait until January to give it)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $10.50 (way cheaper than what Amazon and Steam had it for)
Civ V: Gods & Kings - $3.15 (bought as a gift, ended up trading it to a CAG for an Amazon GC...so you guys kinda won there :D)
Jet Set Radio - $1.75 (same as Sine Mora)

Steam:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $9.99 (I was missing several of the older DoW games + tons of the DLC, it ended up cheaper to buy the pack than to buy it individually from Amazon + some of the older ones wouldn't have registered on Steam)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.50 (as far as I could tell, Amazon doesn't carry the digital version)
Zeno Clash - $0.99 (kind of an impulse buy during the November sale)
Several bits of Civ 5 DLC - ranged from $1.24 to $1.86 (I was aware of the Amazon price match but I didn't want to risk flagging my card with so many individual charges, so I went with Steam's shopping cart instead. I had too much non-game shopping to do on Amazon to risk that hassle!)
Tropico 4 + Modern Times + some DLC - $13.94 (Same thing as the Civ 5 DLC, plus I wanted the Steam version which Amazon doesn't seem to carry)
Gal Civ 2 - $4.99 (Bought it on an impulse, honestly didn't look around Amazon much for that one)
Resonance - $2.50 (Amazon doesn't carry this title)

I'll probably buy some random games on the last day of the Steam sale, most of which are older or Amazon doesn't carry right now (Krater is only on a physical DVD and is much higher than the Steam sale, for example).

Also received these as gifts:

Mark of the Ninja (Steam, was a surprise and Amazon doesn't carry it)
Doom 3 Pack (Steam, a friend wanted the silly Steam achievement so he randomly gifted me it)
The Walking Dead (Amazon, a friend was going to buy it as a Steam gift for my birthday but I pointed out the Amazon price match + coupon)

I ended up pretty evenly distributed between the (in my eyes) big three and could have ended up buying more off Amazon if not for not wanting to spam my card with 5+ DLC transactions or lack of a Steam key option.

For the most part Amazon was awesome this year, I just couldn't really benefit from most of the bundles due to having a large chunk of the games involved already. Same with the publisher coupons, I pretty much own most of THQ and 2K's games - several of which I had purchased from Amazon earlier in the year, so it's not all bad there. :applause:

On that note, here's a couple bundle/pack suggestions that I would buy in a heart beat:

Transformers Pack: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron - I've been holding out on both of these games hoping to take advantage of a nice bundled set, with Activision consistently putting WfC on sale for so cheap I'm hoping that a Prototype pack like sale could be possible.

Assassin's Creed 2 Pack: AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations - I didn't have a Ubi coupon to use during the sale, so I missed out on picking up Revelations for cheap and still need to grab Brotherhood. A nice pack to get caught up before AC3 would be appealing. And if you could work some magic on Ubi to get a deal with AC3 involved, all the better. :cool:

[quote name='oman19']It starts out slow so beware...I was a few episodes in and I was like " eh this is just okay,but it is not as good as The Wire"......then at some point a day later when I'm half way through season 2 I'm like "wholly crap how many episodes have I watched...this show is awesome"[/QUOTE]

The entire series is slow, IMO. But it's a good show.

[quote name='espy605']Max Payne 3 might win the next community vote off for 75%, wonder if Amazon will match that?[/QUOTE]

It's a flash sale, which means they shouldn't.

And on HBO, man, those breaks are indeed brutal. I need to tell myself to wait until the complete series is done before I start watching a show. Can't wait for the next season of Game of Thrones!

Too lazy to do a true spending breakdown, but afaik the only Amazon purchase I made this winter was the Desert to Sea bundle, and I am kickin myself for not waiting! Everything else was GG/GMG/Steam. To be fair though, I went nuts during the Fall sale and got a lot of what I wanted then.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For real dude, I think the model has been proven out and the first company that releases episodic content in large, martahon-able chunks, is going to make cash remarkably fast.

I think that's a market sooooo ready for disruption (the way Steam did with the PC gaming market).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Your preaching to the choir sir. Been banging this drum ever since I powered through all of Lost before the final season. Someone is going to start delivering TV this way it's just a matter of which major player does it first.

Now if only we could get cable companies to offer ala carte packages.

Steam
Breath of Death VII / Cthulu Save the World - $1
Cricket Revolution - $1
Civilization III - $1.24
Puzzle Quest - $2.50
LA Noire - 3.74

Amazon
Bioshock 1/2 - $5
WTF Pack - $10/$5
Hotline Miami - $5/$0

GMG
Sonic Generations - $5

Pretty quiet for me

[quote name='pantsattack']I imagine running into you on a sidewalk and, "um, excuse me but...."

Ballard is nice (tho Red Mill was closed on NYE!) but Beacon Hill where I live is getting nicer with the nightlife. Georgetown a walk down the hill has the best brewery-crawl, possibly anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome dude. I haven't been out in Beacon Hill ever, I'm in Cap Hill so I stick primarily to this hood and downtown...I practically live at Linda's on the weekends because they have WiFi and let Paddington hang out there with me.

[quote name='akmgmer']Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show on TV right now. So much happens and just keeps getting better as the season go on.

I also watched Homeland, just finished up season 2 not too long ago. Its very good in my opinion and now I get to wait forever for the next season...[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'm starting Season 1 tonight.

[quote name='Zyrin']Might as well join in on sharing purchase data. ;)

Amazon:

Hotline Miami - free (sorry Tony!)
Spec Ops - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
Darkness 2 - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
South Park: Stick of Truth preorder - $39.99 (used the THQ coupon, whether I keep the pre-order depends on what kind of offers are going on closer to release)
Scribblenauts - $7.49
Lego LOTR - $7.49
The Secret World - $14.99
Hell Yeah! - $3.74
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - $1.37
Prototype Pack - $7.49

GMG:

Crusader Kings 2: Legacy of Rome - $0.93 (also bought some other random DLC for 49c each)
Sleeping Dogs - $13.60 (bought during November before Amazon had a competitive sale on it)
Sine Mora - $1.75 (I don't have to explain why at that price, right?)
Football Manager 2013 - $14 (gifted, cheaper than what Amazon planned during the time period and couldn't wait until January to give it)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $10.50 (way cheaper than what Amazon and Steam had it for)
Civ V: Gods & Kings - $3.15 (bought as a gift, ended up trading it to a CAG for an Amazon GC...so you guys kinda won there :D)
Jet Set Radio - $1.75 (same as Sine Mora)

Steam:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $9.99 (I was missing several of the older DoW games + tons of the DLC, it ended up cheaper to buy the pack than to buy it individually from Amazon + some of the older ones wouldn't have registered on Steam)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.50 (as far as I could tell, Amazon doesn't carry the digital version)
Zeno Clash - $0.99 (kind of an impulse buy during the November sale)
Several bits of Civ 5 DLC - ranged from $1.24 to $1.86 (I was aware of the Amazon price match but I didn't want to risk flagging my card with so many individual charges, so I went with Steam's shopping cart instead. I had too much non-game shopping to do on Amazon to risk that hassle!)
Tropico 4 + Modern Times + some DLC - $13.94 (Same thing as the Civ 5 DLC, plus I wanted the Steam version which Amazon doesn't seem to carry)
Gal Civ 2 - $4.99 (Bought it on an impulse, honestly didn't look around Amazon much for that one)
Resonance - $2.50 (Amazon doesn't carry this title)

I'll probably buy some random games on the last day of the Steam sale, most of which are older or Amazon doesn't carry right now (Krater is only on a physical DVD and is much higher than the Steam sale, for example).

Also received these as gifts:

Mark of the Ninja (Steam, was a surprise and Amazon doesn't carry it)
Doom 3 Pack (Steam, a friend wanted the silly Steam achievement so he randomly gifted me it)
The Walking Dead (Amazon, a friend was going to buy it as a Steam gift for my birthday but I pointed out the Amazon price match + coupon)

I ended up pretty evenly distributed between the (in my eyes) big three and could have ended up buying more off Amazon if not for not wanting to spam my card with 5+ DLC transactions or lack of a Steam key option.

For the most part Amazon was awesome this year, I just couldn't really benefit from most of the bundles due to having a large chunk of the games involved already. Same with the publisher coupons, I pretty much own most of THQ and 2K's games - several of which I had purchased from Amazon earlier in the year, so it's not all bad there. :applause:

On that note, here's a couple bundle/pack suggestions that I would buy in a heart beat:

Transformers Pack: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron - I've been holding out on both of these games hoping to take advantage of a nice bundled set, with Activision consistently putting WfC on sale for so cheap I'm hoping that a Prototype pack like sale could be possible.

Assassin's Creed 2 Pack: AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations - I didn't have a Ubi coupon to use during the sale, so I missed out on picking up Revelations for cheap and still need to grab Brotherhood. A nice pack to get caught up before AC3 would be appealing. And if you could work some magic on Ubi to get a deal with AC3 involved, all the better. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the bundle suggestions dude. I don't think Ubi is likely but I think a Transformers pack isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Cheers,
Tony

So ... jumping on the bandwagon.

Amazon:
The Secret World $12.99
Hotline Miami $0!
Saints Row the Third The Full Package $7.49 (for gifting)
Darksiders Franchise Pack $8.19
Nexuiz $0.99
The Walking Dead $12.49 (in November)
Prototype Pack $7.49

Total spent at Amazon: $49.64(so far)

Steam:
LA Noire $7.49
Critter Crunch $1.74
Saints Row the Third Full Package $7.49
Serious Sam 3: BFE $5.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $2.49
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $4.99
Ace of Spades (gifted by a friend)

Total spent at Steam: $30.19

GMG:
Sleeping Dogs $11.90
Borderlands 2 Season Pass $3.50 (used the 30% off coupon plus Sleeping Dogs credit)

Total spent at GMG: $15.40

Humble Bundle 7 - $6
Humble THQ Bundle - $6

I was actually a little surprised to realize I spent that much, since I've felt like I've barely been tempted by ANYTHING during these sales (especially on Steam.... but somehow they got me to buy 3 games today alone). But I see that I'm pretty evenly divided between Amazon and Steam, leaning a bit more towards Amazon. I still have a few coupons left so I'm looking forward to more additions to the EC list!

BTW: Dexter is AWESOME. Shit gets CRAZY. I haven't seen any of Homeland but have been meaning to. So much TV, so little time. The same can be said for gaming, ha!

Tony, any chance we'll see "dlc bundles"? There were a bunch I was looking for, but the problem is every bundle was for the complete game + all dlc. I have a lot of base games with no dlc and some of my friends are the same.

Okay, let's see the past 2 months of digital purchases for games...

GamersGate: Only kept track, only KEEP track, of it due to price glitches. The one that seems to have sneaked by just fine is the one I got.

1) Alan Wake: American Nightmare ($1.85)

GMG: Have kept track of this regularly and been tempted a few times, but held back. That 30% coupon has really made them Amazon's biggest competition this season I think. Hell, they beat you guys on XCOM ($17.50) and Gods & Kings ($3.15).

0) No purchases.

Steam: Amazon's consistently been better. I think the only game I want from Steam at this point is New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $5, much like I got FO3 GOTY for $5. ...yeah.

0) No purchases.

GOG: I'm a big, BIG fan of DRM-Free games so I look to them a lot. Unfortunately there's not a lot I want from themr ight now. Still, there was one I bought just yesterday.

1) The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition ($7.50)

Amazon: Split in two. Games post coupons, games pre coupons. Purchases only go that far, so November buys. Most recent to oldest go the numbers.

1) Hotline Miami ($0)
2) Spec Ops ($2.50)
3) The Secret World ($12)

Jan Total so far: $14.50.

1) Rayman: Origins ($4.90) - Pleasant surprise to find that it's a DRM *Optional* game, contrary to what the Amazon page says.
2) Darksiders Franchise Pack ($8.20) - Probably the best sale on an individual game (I'm not even sure Darksiders 1 counts as a standalone game at this point, having been whored out EVERYWHERE).
3) Scribblenauts Unlimited ($4.50) - I bought AC3 when it was the big gold box sale for it and this is where my credit went for it.
4) The Most Serious Bundle Ever ($10) - Best bundle in terms of number of games at least.
5) Civ 5 Gods and Kings ($7.50) (a tinge of regret on this because I COULD have gotten it for $3.15 at GMG a month later, but if the $5 coupon is used on something I want, the net is better here)* Coupon *focused* purchase.
6) Civ 5 Korea and Scenario Pack ($1.24) - coupon *based* purchase. tinge of regret for similar reasons as G&K, only that I could have gotten it at *amazon* for less with the one below. definitely coupon based.
7) Civ 5 Wonders Pack ($1.24) - See above.
8) Tantalizing THQ Melody ($10) (tinge of regret for jumping on this early, however it's still ridiculous and I'm happy to have it. Still got the coupon and that definitely played a notable factor to me on jumping on this early. Coupon *focused* purchase)

Total: $47.58~ (so I'm off by a couple pennies.)

Games that I've looked at and held back on for better sales:
- Alan Wake (2012) - Holding out for the game to drop. Hoped it'd be in the EC since it's pretty much got all the right credentials to it that you could ask for in a 2012 game, but... it's not there.
- Dead Island GOTY (2012) - Not quite the same level as Alan Wake, but still hoped it'd be there.
- The Walking Dead (2012) - It was already there. Matter of the sale.
- Max Payne 3 (2012) - Giving this the 2K treatment of "the DRM puts me off until it's really, really cheap and/or bundled."
- L.A. Noire Complete (2011? 2012?) - See Payne 3. Only this time I'm aware that the DRM actively hurts the performance of the game.
- GTA4: Complete (20xx?) - This has so much DRM on it I'm not sure I'll ever buy it standalone out of that principle alone.
- Syndicate (2012) - I remember the $5.09 sale from Gamestop! Prime candidate for free or

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's my list starting from November onward.

Amazon (btw, I had never made any Amazon Digital purchases until last year)

The Secret World x2 - $14.99 *2

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19
- Darksiders
- Darksiders 2
- Darksiders 2 Season Pass
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Shadow of Death
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Mortis
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Rusanov's Axe
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Fletcher's Crow Hammer
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Deadly Despair
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Argul's Tomb
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Mace Maximum
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Abyssal Forge
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Angel of Death Pack
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Van der Schmash Hammer
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Death Rides

2k Shooter Pack - $9.99
- Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack
- Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $4.99
- Metro 2033
- Homefront
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Red Faction Armageddon
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Batman Arkham GOTY Pack - $9.99
- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
- Batman Arkham City GOTY

2k Strategy Super Pack - $14.99
- The Stronghold Collection
- Civilization V: Gods and Kings
- Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
- Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition

Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - $9.99
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- KoA:R DLC: The Legend of Dead Kel
- KoA:R DLC: The Teeth of Naros

Spec Ops: The Line - $2.49
The Darkness 2 - $2.49
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $14.99

Total games - 24 (counting the Stronghold Collection as 1; 29 otherwise)
Total DLC - 14
Value: $113.09

--------------------------------------------

Steam

Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 Special Edition - $9.99 (gift)
Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $4.99 (I don't think Amazon has any of the newest MtG games)
Mass Effect - $4.99 (had ME2 on Steam already, wanted to keep together)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.49 (Does Amazon have this one? I didn't see it.)
Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle - $4.99 (gift)
Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle - $4.99 (same as the 2013 one above)

Thief Bundle 2012 - $6.74 (Do you have this one digitally? A search only brought up the DVDs I think)
- Thief Gold
- Thief 2
- Thief: Deadly Shadows

Just Cause 2 - $3.74 (I slipped and missed that this one was already on Amazon for same price. /doh!)
Oblivion Game of the Year - $4.99 (Bethesda, 'nuf said)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - $4.99 (Was there a Steam version of this? I only saw the non-Steam one, so went ahead and picked up on Steam)

GTA Complete Pack - $12.49 (If you had this I couldn't find it)
- Grand Theft Auto
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Grand Theft Auto 3
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2.49 (Didn't know Amazon had Steam copy until after purchase)

Max Payne Bundle - $3.74 (Bundle, didn't see this on Amazon)
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 2

Total games: 22
Total DLC: 0 (aside from what comes with the GotY and special edition bundles)
Value: $61.63

First time posting in this thread, but I've been reading it for over a year. I'd just like to say that this holiday season, I did not buy a single game from Steam. Partially because I was expecting :)cry:) a bevy of games from a too good to be true Bethesda Bundle and partially because Amazon killed Steam sales everywhere I turned. I didn't buy much (I'm trying to tame the beast that is my backlog), but it was nearly all from Amazon or the Humble Bundles. Oh, and there were plenty of Amazon deals I would have bought had I not already owned the games.

Just a quick breakdown from the holiday season:

Amazon
Nexuiz: $0.99
Tantalizing THQ Medley: $4.99 (amazing deal that filled in the gaps from the Humble THQ Bundle)
Civilization V: GOTY: $7.49
Hotline Miami: $0.00
Spec Ops: The Line: $2.49

Humble Bundle
Humble THQ Bundle
Humble Indie Bundle 7

Green Man Gaming:
Civilization V: Gods and Kings: $3.15

GOG:
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition: $0.00

Steam:
:lol:

GamersGate:
Bethesda Bundle: $27.82 (if only)

And, Tony, thanks for all the work you've put into these deals. I was blown away by what you put out last year (ended up reposting a couple deals on SD) and you didn't disappoint this year. That combined with your communication and support = BEST.REP.EVER.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I'm freaking out because I'm almost done with Season 1, Season 2 isn't available without Showtime, and I don't do cable (Amazon/Hulu for everything).
The same thing happened with Grimm and The Event...makes me sad.

Thanks for the spoiler alert dude! And yeah, I'm a Dexter nut but I'm a few seasons behind.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Breaking Bad is great marathon material. I watched it from scratch in August. The story is fairly seamless season-to-season.

I do appreciate how Dexter season's had been nice story arcs (since I consumed one a year... that reminds me, I need to catch up on this Fall's season).

Make friends with someone who has Showtime =D

I really only like watching TV shows when a full season is available.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haha that's awesome dude. I haven't been out in Beacon Hill ever, I'm in Cap Hill so I stick primarily to this hood and downtown...I practically live at Linda's on the weekends because they have WiFi and let Paddington hang out there with me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

Well, I live here, and I like it. :)

[quote name='Tolyngee']That was a great list! I bought all of them! Cursed Mountain sure sounded good!

Also snagged this one as well:

Ghost Encounters: Deadwood[/QUOTE]

Thanks, glad to see someone else cares. :D

[quote name='arschloch']Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

Well, I live here, and I like it. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha I'll be out your way on Wednesday next week! I love Bellevue.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Metroidman']So any chance for Max Payne 3 for 14.99 again?

Also any chance hitman Absolution gets added to EC games to use coupon?[/QUOTE]
Tony's said multiple times that it's highly unlikely that Hitman will get added.

i guess i'll join in...didnt realize amazon was having deals on steam games until late and i missed the first few days of the sales since i was on vacation... :whistle2:?

amazon
Hitman Absolution 19.99
Dead Island Upgrade Pack 4.99 (already had the regular edition on steam and figured it was free since i'd get a $5 coupon for it)
Hotline Miami 2.49 After Coupon
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition 12.99 After Coupon

steam
Darksiders Franchise Pack 13.59
Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City GOTY's 12.48
Saints Row The Third Complete Pack 7.49
Limbo 2.49
Magicka Collection 8.74

and about $7 on humble bundle 7

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tony's said multiple times that it's highly unlikely that Hitman will get added.[/QUOTE]

Should add that to the thread's "FAQ".

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you buy Civ V come back here and tell me how the words "one more turn" have changed meaning in your mind.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Those words have meant the same thing for me since the early 90s.

[quote name='arschloch']Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

Well, I live here, and I like it. :)[/QUOTE]

I went to Cheesecake Factory there once.

Ok, I only jest. I saw Avatar in 3D in Bellevue too. It's kind of out of the way for me, and not having friends or work there I haven't discovered its spots.

Hey Tony, are there going to be any Activision or Waner Bros games on EC list? I'm mad I missed Scribblenauts Unlimited and Prototype Pack on the cheap. Would like to see the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack on again if you can.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Haha I'll be out your way on Wednesday next week! I love Bellevue.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Kent is waaay cooler than any of the cities we've mentioned sofarohmanIliveinKent :( Not too bad for raising a family, but I sure do miss living closer to Seattle. At least I work close to Lower Queen Anne, so that's something. :)

Oh, and Beacon Hill has some cool stuff. Delite Bakery is awesome and way, way better than Valerio's.

Speaking of sinfully delicious, I just bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a moment ago. I've never played before so hopefully I can handle the agonizing failure. I've been playing FTL off and on for a few weeks now, so I think I might be a little more steeled against constant death and restarts. Thanks for hooking up that deal, Tony!

EDIT: Hey, is this new? After I confirmed my digital order I was shown a screen where I could press a button that immediately showed me my game key. Usually I have to go to my software library in Amazon and find it there. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back