Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Davinatorman']

...linking the fps lock to something so integral was incredibly, ridiculously, horrendously, stupendously stupid of them, and the reason I'm not going to buy this game above an extremely heavy discount (if the game wasn't so fun and unique, I would never buy it period).[/QUOTE]

I will not dispute anything about the quality of the port, what you see on PC is basically what you see on consoles. Before launch From acknowledged that the port wasn't going to be pretty plus it was reported having GFWL, that was enough for me to totally disregard souls, until I saw a gameplay video, casually because Amazon had it for a decent price and was I in the market for third person hack and slash games, after I saw the video it was love at first sight, Amazon touched my sweet ROI spot for it, the rest is history.

Capcom to used to think PC gamers were stupid enough to purchase ports like Resevil 4 and not complain about it. Things have changed over the time, it's just a matter of consumers having their voice heard.

Maybe someday we will see better ports of From games, Namco at least gained more interest after everything that happened around souls, supposedly they are to bring the latest Ace Combat to the platform, too bad it's the one least liked.

Kinda seems like From Software is looking to alter their vision in order to more closely fit what others want with regard to what they've been saying about Dark Souls II.

Just sayin';)

[quote name='Davinatorman']Had From Software actually competently ported the game and worked on the fps issue, the collision-detection issue would have never existed in the first place. Willing to bet the community's working on a fix for that, too.[/quote]
We (PC gamers) all knew from scratch it was NOT going to be a stellar PC port. We knew it was going to be a console-game on the PC - and one of the most "basic" ports of all time.
At least this game bloody works out-the-box unmodded - which for a long time, I could NOT say about Bully PC.
It's even better, when modded Durante-style.

You're right, linking the fps lock to something so integral was incredibly, ridiculously, horrendously, stupendously stupid of them, and the reason I'm not going to buy this game above an extremely heavy discount (if the game wasn't so fun and unique, I would never buy it period).
It's the way it was done - whether we like it, love it, or hate it.

Sure, it would be interesting to see someone crack the collision detection problem w/ the game's frame-rate unhinged - but I don't think most gamers playing this are seeing this as a major issue. This game is not digging in the 20 frames or lower department on PC's meeting the game's system requirements.

Ain't most movies filmed around the 24-30 frame department, anyways?
{shrug}

Again, let me emphasize that from what I played of Dark Souls, it was incredibly fun. But I'm not sure how a low fps lock is better than letting us decide what our fps wants to be, "it was meant to be played in 30 fps" is not a plausible reason, it doesn't work for any other 30 fps-locked game either except mayyyyyyybe LA Noire, and that's for purely technical reasons.
I don't know if "Fun" is a word I'd use to describe Dark Souls... ;)
Maybe for an extremely brief 20 seconds, when you actually defeat a Boss... ;)

They designed this game around consoles. They aimed for 30 FPS and locked it - for their reasons. Simple as that.
I don't really think there was ever plans for a PC version, until the petition came around and PC gamers showed how badly they wanted this game here.

EDIT:
[quote name='Davinatorman']
It may be better than nothing at all, but since people are paying money for the thing, it better be up to reasonable expectations. From Software is getting my money, not the community, so saying "let the community fix it" is not acceptable either.

edit: last post regarding Dark Souls. Apologies for derailing the thread[/QUOTE]
Well, here's the thing - try to avoid paying full price for games; especially on the PC.
I pay full-price of close to it VERY rarely - hence why I am on CAG. ;)
I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and list the 5,000 reasons why I don't buy games at full price - but, I just won't get into that...at least not right now anyways. ;)

You expectations, my expectations, the next person's expectations - they're going to be different.
Durante fixed the game, so when it hit $20 - I was all in.
If you don't want to spend $18 before coupon / $13 after coupon on Dark Souls from Amazon DVG b/c you aren't happy w/ {insert X reason or reasons}, then don't. Your $, your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I was knee-deep into reading that intense, harrowing debate about Dark Souls fps lock and then Idiot posted that pic I burst out laughing. GG

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Kinda seems like From Software is looking to alter their vision in order to more closely fit what others want with regard to what they've been saying about Dark Souls II.

Just sayin';)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all was good until they stated they want to turn it into a franchise as successful as The Elder Scrolls.

Damn Namco, all they want is to have another cash cow.

This is why we can't have nice things! :D

Anyway, thanks for the insight again on the Dark Souls mod, especially the frame rate with respect to playing online. I'm going to give it a go this weekend!

Tony, since you seem to be following the thread right now, just wanted to say thanks for the great deals this season, you have really turned Amazon DD deals around in the last year. Gj dude, you deserve a raise. ;-)

[quote name='bwrobins']I guess no magic on Max Payne 3 for this week...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Doesn't look like it. It'll be a daily again with the encore sales.[/QUOTE]

And if not, I'm working on something for the end of January.

EDIT for those in love with all things pedantic: BY WORKING ON I MEAN NOTHING HAS YET BEEN CONFIRMED.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']And if not, I'm working on something for the end of January.

EDIT for those in love with all things pedantic: BY WORKING ON I MEAN NOTHING HAS YET BEEN CONFIRMED.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
If it doesn't happen, Tony, there will be blood. I'm entitled, dammit.

[quote name='Idiotekque']If it doesn't happen, Tony, there will be blood. I'm entitled, dammit.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Are you getting on TSW tonight? I'm debating between that or LoL.

[quote name='xxxholic']Does Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition, Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package deal?[/QUOTE]

? I don't know what this means, I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='VernlovesMaria']Walking Dead price match? ;)[/QUOTE]
hehe @ the wink. ;)
I'm ALSO waiting for next week's TWD deal on Amazon DVG ($12.49 before coupon / $7.49 after coupon).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol. Are you getting on TSW tonight? I'm debating between that or LoL.[/QUOTE]
Sure, hit me up on Steam when you get on.

[quote name='VernlovesMaria']Walking Dead price match? ;)[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't price match flash sales.

However, there was the possibility that this price could show up next week according to Tony. How possible is it? Wondering if I should wait or buy now.

@TONY
Will TWD flip approximately sometime loosely after Sunday 3am EST/12am PST to $12.49/$7.49 (as usual for new weekly deal flips)?

yeah is there any way we can get a confirmation on a $12.49 price for the walking dead?
$7.50 after coupon would be great but i might have to bite for $12.49 on steam while i can

Ok I got to ask before the sale ends. I only have one coupon and wonder if I should get Spec Ops for $2.49 or hold out hope that I could get a Steam or Origin activatable copy of the Crysis Maximum Maximum edition for $9.99 or less after coupon?

Random question - I'm getting ready to play through the ME games (I never have finished any of them). I own all 3 on PC now, thanks to various sales (and I grabbed ME3 from the EC sale the other day). Unfortunately I didn't think until after the fact that I should have gotten the digital deluxe version to get the dlc pack. And that leads me to my question!

What is the best way to get all of the story-related dlc for all 3 games? It looks like even the trilogy pack is missing some that I've heard people say is really good (shadow broker for 2, and it doesn't look like it has any of it for 3). EA made it way too complex to get a "complete" version of this series.

[quote name='tham1988']yeah is there any way we can get a confirmation on a $12.49 price for the walking dead?
$7.50 after coupon would be great but i might have to bite for $12.49 on steam while i can[/QUOTE]

I think Tony mentioned earlier that The Walking Dead was going to be part of next week deal starting this weekend for $12.50 ($7.50 after EC coupon)

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I think Tony mentioned earlier that The Walking Dead was going to be part of next week deal starting this weekend for $12.50 ($7.50 after EC coupon)[/QUOTE]

the only thing i've seen is vaguely implying it may be on sale which was pretty convincing except for the fact that the steam sale will be over by the time we find out if it is really on sale next week

[quote name='Seth Oriath']Amazon doesn't price match flash sales.

However, there was the possibility that this price could show up next week according to Tony. How possible is it? Wondering if I should wait or buy now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tham1988']yeah is there any way we can get a confirmation on a $12.49 price for the walking dead?
$7.50 after coupon would be great but i might have to bite for $12.49 on steam while i can[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I think Tony mentioned earlier that The Walking Dead was going to be part of next week deal starting this weekend for $12.50 ($7.50 after EC coupon)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']We just need TONY to flat-out give us what he knows for NEXT WEEK's LIST of EC SALES :D[/QUOTE]

Do you guys honestly think I would pop into this thread and say:

"Guys,

What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 next week...

What if?"

if it wasn't going to be $12.49 as the Deal of the Week? Come on now!

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. For those who really need to hear it. CONFIRMED.

Does Amazon not have the Witcher 2 available? Before I give my money to Steam wanted to check and see if Amazon will have it available or does Amazon just not carry it?

[quote name='MysterD']We just need TONY to flat-out give us what he knows for NEXT WEEK's LIST of EC SALES :D[/QUOTE]

Im praying for a addition of Batman and Lego bundles to the list, along with Scribblenauts.

Hmm, Lego LOTR 10$ before coupon.... :drool:

[quote name='BaldTurkeyLeg']i sure hope so. TWD for 7.49?!? its on flash sale on Steam right now..what should I do? wait or bite? any way to confirm from Tony?[/QUOTE]

i figure i've got a few hours for confirmation
considering how many games i've bought and that it is the game i actually want to play right now, $5 isn't worth the gamble to me

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']P.S. For those who really need to hear it. CONFIRMED.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I'm the insecure type. :blush:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Do you guys honestly think I would pop into this thread and say:

"Guys,

What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 next week...

What if?"

if it wasn't going to be $12.49 as the Deal of the Week? Come on now!

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. For those who really need to hear it. CONFIRMED.
[/QUOTE]

ok
deals of the week start midnight pst saturday night/ sunday morning right?
(give or take an hour or two for updating what-not)

[quote name='fore1337']Thanks, I'm the insecure type. :blush:[/QUOTE]

HAHA, this made me laugh like a crazy person at my computer screen for a full 10 seconds or so.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DaFees']Ok I got to ask before the sale ends. I only have one coupon and wonder if I should get Spec Ops for $2.49 or hold out hope that I could get a Steam or Origin activatable copy of the Crysis Maximum Maximum edition for $9.99 or less after coupon?[/QUOTE]

Spec Ops is an extremely amazing experience and for that price, you have no reason not to pick it up. Far better than anything Crysis did.

[quote name='tham1988']ok
deals of the week start midnight pst saturday night/ sunday morning right?
(give or take an hour or two for updating what-not)[/QUOTE]

Our deals of the week run Sunday-Saturday.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back