Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, thanks for the cool price on toilet tycoon - happy crappy weekend indeed, shitloads of fun ahead

Anyone have an opinion on I am Alive for PC?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Do you guys honestly think I would pop into this thread and say:

"Guys,

What if The Walking Dead was $12.49 next week...

What if?"

if it wasn't going to be $12.49 as the Deal of the Week? Come on now!

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. For those who really need to hear it. CONFIRMED.
[/QUOTE]

You're still NOT TELLING me WHATELSE is on sale cheap on the EC List next week besides TWD! :p

Hey Tony,
Any update on Settlers 7 Gold for 7.49 again?
It's 10 on Ubisoft's store right now so I wanted to grab it quick if it wasn't going back (sorry if you already answered this in the thread, hard to keep up in here with all your adoring fans and such lol)

[quote name='MysterD']hehe @ the wink. ;)
I'm ALSO waiting for next week's TWD deal on Amazon DVG ($12.49 before coupon / $7.49 after coupon).[/QUOTE]

That's the only game I'm waiting... since I saw the EC list.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Hey Tony,
Any update on Settlers 7 Gold for 7.49 again?
It's 10 on Ubisoft's store right now so I wanted to grab it quick if it wasn't going back (sorry if you already answered this in the thread, hard to keep up in here with all your adoring fans and such lol)[/QUOTE]

My bad dude :(. It won't be coming back so go grab it from the ubistore.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='argyle']Random question - I'm getting ready to play through the ME games (I never have finished any of them). I own all 3 on PC now, thanks to various sales (and I grabbed ME3 from the EC sale the other day). Unfortunately I didn't think until after the fact that I should have gotten the digital deluxe version to get the dlc pack. And that leads me to my question!

What is the best way to get all of the story-related dlc for all 3 games? It looks like even the trilogy pack is missing some that I've heard people say is really good (shadow broker for 2, and it doesn't look like it has any of it for 3). EA made it way too complex to get a "complete" version of this series.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they don't sell 'complete' versions anywhere (except for Mass Effect 1). They want you to buy the DLC from the Bioware store.

That said, I've bought nearly all of them and found them to be a good value. I bought all of them after I had finished each game too, because I bought each game at release, and while they would be nice to play 'mid story' they work just as well generally playing them after a playthrough because once you finish the game it completes a save for you to play DLCs right before the final mission.

I'd say just play the series first and then consider whether you want to buy add-ons later or not. Shadow Broken is generally considered the best and well worth it. Kasumi, Zhaed, Overlord, also personal favorites of mine. ME3 DLC generally also good, but a little lackluster once you experience 'the ending'. Anyways, I'd just pick them up as you want 'additional content'. That's my 2 cents.

Also, great deal on the Walking Dead! (I already picked it up, but still!) :)

Since I know there's a bunch of TSW players all up in this, I have to ask: what builds are you guys rocking? I specced AR/Sword and kinda regretting it. It just underwhelms me. I'm not sure what else to roll though. I prefer the tank role of damage taker/dealer in the few MMOs I've played any amount of, if that helps.

I love the quests and world of that game, but my God I avoid combat at all costs right now. It just boils down to me spamming Anima Shot (IIRC) to avoid dying.

Well I'm pretty damned stoked to finally be grabbing TWD. I've listened to all of the yammering on about how awesome each episode has been as each was released. I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers.

Bring it on!

I'm moving on to the next village of orphans to beat with SlimJims now because Condemned Criminal Origin isn't on the EC list yet.

The last village was a massacre. Orphans sprawled all over with being beaten with SlimJims so intensely that all you saw when you looked at them was small random white spots, those spots were the all areas of skin to escape the wrath of the SlimJims. It was a meat stick massacre and it will continue till Condemned is on the Editor's Choice list.

You hear me Tony and Amazon! Only you can stop the orphan beatings!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Since I know there's a bunch of TSW players all up in this, I have to ask: what builds are you guys rocking? I specced AR/Sword and kinda regretting it. It just underwhelms me. I'm not sure what else to roll though. I prefer the tank role of damage taker/dealer in the few MMOs I've played any amount of, if that helps.

I love the quests and world of that game, but my God I avoid combat at all costs right now. It just boils down to me spamming Anima Shot (IIRC) to avoid dying.[/QUOTE]
Are you in the Steam group? I honestly can't keep track at this point.

And it's not you. The game can be rather difficult solo, especially if you jump into a hard mission. Add me on Steam (idiotekque) and I'll send you an invite. The game shines with groups.

[quote name='hal']Well I'm pretty damned stoked to finally be grabbing TWD. I've listened to all of the yammering on about how awesome each episode has been as each was released. I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers.

Bring it on![/QUOTE]

Amen! :D

[quote name='hal']Well I'm pretty damned stoked to finally be grabbing TWD. I've listened to all of the yammering on about how awesome each episode has been as each was released. I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers.

Bring it on![/QUOTE]

I wasn't very interested at all, but then I watched TotalBiscuit's "WTF is... TWD"

First 10m, I was hooked... This might be the first game I play once the holidays are over

Tony, would have loved to replace my 360 Dishonored with a PC version, but the Steam price is JUST above my threshold to do it I think (can get $22 trade in @ Best Buy, Steam is $30). Wish ya'll had price-matched it and had it on the EC.
So, my curiosity question is... why do you guys seem to be the only digital retailer I've seen that doesn't carry the Bethesda/Zenimax games as digitals?

[quote name='nosferatu51']Tony, would have loved to replace my 360 Dishonored with a PC version, but the Steam price is JUST above my threshold to do it I think (can get $22 trade in @ Best Buy, Steam is $30). Wish ya'll had price-matched it and had it on the EC.[/quote]
Watch Gamersgate - maybe they'll have a pricing-error. ;)

So, my curiosity question is... why do you guys seem to be the only digital retailer I've seen that doesn't carry the Bethesda/Zenimax games as digitals?
I assume what happens with Amazon, stays with Amazon... ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Watch Gamersgate - maybe they'll have a pricing-error. ;)

I assume what happens with Amazon, stays with Amazon... ;)[/QUOTE]

I did get in on the whole Bethesda bundle.... but they ran out of keys before my account authorization email came through and then they rescinded the offer. So I ALMOST had everything I wanted and more....

I'm going to use a couple of my Amazon coupons to buy two more copies of The Walking Dead next week for gifts. One person has a PC, the other a Mac, so Steamworks saves the day!

[quote name='sunghost']Nice, now can you add it to the EC list? :lol:[/QUOTE]
wait a couple days and we might get it into the EC if we buy enough :bouncy:

[quote name='shezbot']Steam has announced that they are extending their winter sale through the weekend.

- Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and run until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday). (Source: Steam)

So good chance we see Max Payne listed again after this current sale.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense, found it strange that it ended on a Saturday.

[quote name='Motoki']Toilet Tycoon @ $1.99 = Bought!

Why isn't this in the thread title? Come on, you know it would attract attention!

I only wish Amazon had a better gifting system because if it did an, ahem, crapload of people would have Toilet Tycoon right now!

Thanks. I heeded the call
to the John!
[/QUOTE]
Tony, do not let this happen :bouncy:

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm moving on to the next village of orphans to beat with SlimJims now because Condemned Criminal Origin isn't on the EC list yet.

The last village was a massacre. Orphans sprawled all over with being beaten with SlimJims so intensely that all you saw when you looked at them was small random white spots, those spots were the all areas of skin to escape the wrath of the SlimJims. It was a meat stick massacre and it will continue till Condemned is on the Editor's Choice list.

You hear me Tony and Amazon! Only you can stop the orphan beatings![/QUOTE]
And the feds are knocking at your door in 3...... 2.........
1 (don't wanna piss off spoiler man) in case he's never seen this sequence

[quote name='ochentay4']Nonono. $10 before coupon would be GREAT.[/QUOTE]
7.49 before coupon for TWD
random number pulled out of my ass

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
? I don't know what this means, I'm sorry.
[/QUOTE]

Does it deal, Tony? What's not to understand about that?
Does it deal??
We've got to know, Tony... you're our only hope for an answer.... does it deal...

:cool:

[quote name='LN3000']Does it deal, Tony? What's not to understand about that?
Does it deal??
We've got to know, Tony... you're our only hope for an answer.... does it deal...

[/QUOTE]

I looked for a good "Deal or No Deal" clip... was only giving me full episodes

[quote name='LN3000']Does it deal, Tony? What's not to understand about that?
Does it deal??

[/QUOTE]

DOES IT DEAL OR NO DEAL!!!! best Engrish channel game show.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Since I know there's a bunch of TSW players all up in this, I have to ask: what builds are you guys rocking? I specced AR/Sword and kinda regretting it. It just underwhelms me. I'm not sure what else to roll though. I prefer the tank role of damage taker/dealer in the few MMOs I've played any amount of, if that helps.[/QUOTE]
I'm going Shotgun/Blood Magic for no real reason besides I started off liking the shotgun and finding a nice blood magic tome. It has a fair amount of synergy in its effects and I'm finding it works out well enough for soloing. I've never grouped so I don't know how it fares there.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Since I know there's a bunch of TSW players all up in this, I have to ask: what builds are you guys rocking? I specced AR/Sword and kinda regretting it. It just underwhelms me. I'm not sure what else to roll though. I prefer the tank role of damage taker/dealer in the few MMOs I've played any amount of, if that helps.

I love the quests and world of that game, but my God I avoid combat at all costs right now. It just boils down to me spamming Anima Shot (IIRC) to avoid dying.[/QUOTE]

I'm rocking an Blood Magic/Elemental build now with my Illuminati. I was using an assault rifle but I'm really enjoying throwing a blood spike through a zombie, shocking it then major dmg with combust.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Are you in the Steam group? I honestly can't keep track at this point.

And it's not you. The game can be rather difficult solo, especially if you jump into a hard mission. Add me on Steam (idiotekque) and I'll send you an invite. The game shines with groups.[/QUOTE]

homies should use the group chat.
i accidentally clicked 5 sp worth on something i didnt want so that sucked. im currently specd blade/ar with aoe/survivability as long as i dont get mobbed by the mothers im alright.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I wouldn't trust them right now..... too much shenanigans going on. I know I will likely never use them again.[/QUOTE]

I agree - my UPlay account just got hijacked by a hacker even though I haven't used it in months. They managed to change both my email address and password so that I can't reset it (I don't have a linked Facebook account or any UPlay console games). I'm going to try Ubi support later.

Some interesting links on the matter:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/743348-Stolen-Uplay-account-Forums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/04/ubisoft_gaming_account_hijack_caper/

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Has NBA 2k13 ever been cheaper than $10? I've been curious about the PC version and for $10 I might grab it.[/QUOTE]It's been $10 after coupon, but not cheaper than that.

Finally installing TSW now, and have 2 guest passes available. PM me your email if you'd like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Has NBA 2k13 ever been cheaper than $10? I've been curious about the PC version and for $10 I might grab it.[/QUOTE]

The modding scene for the PC version is pretty outstanding. Doesn't matter that the PC version has a few features cut, the PC modding community more than made up for it.

I got mine for $10.00 from Amazon and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='Kildar']The modding scene for the PC version is pretty outstanding. Doesn't matter that the PC version has a few features cut, the PC modding community more than made up for it.

I got mine for $10.00 from Amazon and I'm having a lot of fun with it.[/QUOTE]

For those interested in buying the game (like me) can you point us to this modding community...so we can see what mods are currently available? This could sway the decision from "maybe" to "buy!"

thanks!

Hmm. Walking Dead down to $12.49 on the Steam flash sale.

Here's to hoping we get a price match on that. Not holding my breath or anything, tho.

[quote name='JCrichton']Hmm. Walking Dead down to $12.49 on the Steam flash sale.

Here's to hoping we get a price match on that. Not holding my breath or anything, tho.[/QUOTE]

It seems thats you just came and post this without reading :)

[quote name='JCrichton']Hmm. Walking Dead down to $12.49 on the Steam flash sale.

Here's to hoping we get a price match on that. Not holding my breath or anything, tho.[/QUOTE]

Will be $12.49 before coupon starting Sunday for Amazons Deal of the Week.

[quote name='greentea924']I agree - my UPlay account just got hijacked by a hacker even though I haven't used it in months. They managed to change both my email address and password so that I can't reset it (I don't have a linked Facebook account or any UPlay console games). I'm going to try Ubi support later.

Some interesting links on the matter:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/743348-Stolen-Uplay-account-Forums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/04/ubisoft_gaming_account_hijack_caper/[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking this is just people with terrible terrible password policies. I don't need to hack ubisoft to get your uplay account. I can hack 'random website a' and just try teh username/password combos there. There's a good chance a lot of them will work on other services.

http://xkcd.com/792/

This happens a lot more often than you think and doesn't require any more 'hax0ring' skills than a dog.

I've seen people whine they have a 26 character super complex password. "I can never be hacked!!!" then you ask them is that password reused? And they go "yeah so what?"

Missed this thread for about 36 hours while on a little getaway with the wife. I come back and found I missed out on all the scatological humor that came up because of Toilet Tycoon.

Oh well, I gambled and won on the trip, so I am making a one-time exception to my New Year's Resolution of no game purchases greater than 9.99 in 2013. Will grab X-Com with a coupon, and will love it. That will leave me one last coupon for Syndicate or one of the other teaser games mentioned a few days back.

Also, what a great deal on Walking Dead for those that don't have it. It is one of my favorite games of 2012, and easily my favorite story. I am not a big fan of adventure games generally, and point/click style specifically, but it is fantastic. They did a great job with the WD world, and made some compelling characters.

^^^
Ya, all my passwords for everything are different [Amazon, STEAM, Uplay, Origin, forums]; even have a couple different user names. Because of this, I have a physical notecard with all my site passwords written on it. No use for hackers finding that info on my computer :)

The Secret World is quite a bit of fun, thanks for the constant talk of this game CAG and Tony :) However, I've had quite a bit of crashes in the past day or so. About 5 times in the past hour. One of which completely restarted my PC before I could even get back to the desktop. I had just recently switched over to DX9 mode for the hell of it, even though DX11 was running pretty smoothly. More crashes in DX9. lol wtf ;)

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
Ya, all my passwords for everything are different [Amazon, STEAM, Uplay, Origin, forums]; even have a couple different user names. Because of this, I have a physical notecard with all my site passwords written on it. No use for hackers finding that info on my computer :)[/QUOTE]

Unless they are standing right behind you...

[quote name='n0id']For those interested in buying the game (like me) can you point us to this modding community...so we can see what mods are currently available? This could sway the decision from "maybe" to "buy!"

thanks![/QUOTE]

There you go. :) I can't post links yet so I hope this works.

http://nba-live.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=149

[quote name='Rerujnoc']Unless they are standing right behind you...[/QUOTE]

This reminds me, you seriously need to get some almonds for those cookies you've got on top of the fridge.

Not that I would know, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back