Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n0id']For those interested in buying the game (like me) can you point us to this modding community...so we can see what mods are currently available? This could sway the decision from "maybe" to "buy!"

thanks![/QUOTE]

Same here!
I knew NBA2K12 was heavily modded (see UBR Roster Mod, for starters), but what's going on NBA2K13 for mods?

EDIT:
[quote name='Kildar']There you go. :) I can't post links yet so I hope this works.

http://nba-live.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=149[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Any deals flipping over right about now that I should be looking out for? First post is a mess. :(
Perhaps time for a new thread for these deals, with over 9000 replies.

Hey Tony, are there going to be any Activision or Waner Bros games on EC list? I'm mad I missed Scribblenauts Unlimited and Prototype Pack on the cheap. Would like to see the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack on again if you can.

[quote name='LN3000']Any deals flipping over right about now that I should be looking out for? First post is a mess. :(
Perhaps time for a new thread for these deals, with over 9000 replies.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the first post? It has promos listed by date with links.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Satoru']Generally speaking this is just people with terrible terrible password policies. I don't need to hack ubisoft to get your uplay account. I can hack 'random website a' and just try teh username/password combos there. There's a good chance a lot of them will work on other services.

http://xkcd.com/792/

This happens a lot more often than you think and doesn't require any more 'hax0ring' skills than a dog.

I've seen people whine they have a 26 character super complex password. "I can never be hacked!!!" then you ask them is that password reused? And they go "yeah so what?"[/QUOTE]
I love xkcd! And I have a variety of passwords. Anything without my financial info gets a throw away password. Everyone else gets one of several different passwords. FYI, 26 characters or 9 it doesn't matter. After, I think, it's 8 Alpha-numeric characters it becomes almost mathmatically impossible to hack it by random integers.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What's wrong with the first post? It has promos listed by date with links.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I guess I'm just giving you a hard time, since it doesn't seem to be totally organized.
Still has The Secret World on there, and multiple formatting.
I guess it just screws with my Pseudo-OCD or something.

Just keep doing what you're doing and being awesome, Tony. You make me happy. :bouncy:

Tony, Is there any chance that CK2 will go on a larger deal during January? I know it's already half off, but at $15, I kinda think it would be a better deal to wait for the paradox packs to roll around again in a few months

Every account I have that has direct access to my money has it's own password. Then I have maybe 6-7 passwords I reuse, with one default one (with 2 variatlons), and two for less trustworthy sites.

Up until a few years ago, I probably only used 4 total. I think part of the reason I changed it was cause of xkcd.

Edit: Scratch that. I just remembered a few more that I use, such as one for Steam. So in total, I have 20+ different active passwords.

Edit 2: Also, one thing I didn't know was that some IM programs (like AIM and Pidgin) stores passwords in plain text, if you choose to store passwords. So I make sure I have to manually type it in every time.

I try to have different randomly generated 20+ key passwords for nearly every site. And I use a password manager stored on a separate HDD (That has another giant password just to gain access to the database)to keep track of them all personally.

I think it's stupid that we have to go to such inane lengths to protect ourselves but what can you do. If people weren't assholes or amoral ,life would be easier on teh interweb.

I'm still going through the thread to see if I find an answer but I wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten a Spec ops the line (ROW) confirmation when redeeming Spec ops the line?

[quote name='lazy_bum']i'm still going through the thread to see if i find an answer but i wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten a spec ops the line (row) confirmation when redeeming spec ops the line?[/quote]
(row)?

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']I'm assuming it stands for Rest Of the World[/QUOTE]
Oh, so you are wondering if the key they give you is exclusive for NA or something?

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']I'm still going through the thread to see if I find an answer but I wanted to ask if anyone else has gotten a Spec ops the line (ROW) confirmation when redeeming Spec ops the line?[/QUOTE]

Where'd you buy it from? It's probably normal, some of the stuff I buy directly from Steam activates as ROW, just means that it's not region restricted. It activated as Spec Ops The Line Retail for me, and I got my key from Amazon. They may have given you a key from a different batch or something. I wouldn't ask for a refund though, seems normal.

[quote name='sunghost']Where'd you buy it from? It's probably normal, some of the stuff I buy directly from Steam activates as ROW, just means that it's not region restricted. It activated as Spec Ops The Line Retail for me, and I got my key from Amazon. They may have given you a key from a different batch or something. I wouldn't ask for a refund though, seems normal.[/QUOTE]
I got it from Amazon with the desert to sea bundle on December 26 but I redeemed it today because I just got back from vacation yesterday.

[quote name='ButtonPusher']I use http://lastpass.com as it integrates with all browsers, does mobile and also it's security check will show you all your duplicate passwords and where you use them. The Premium version - which allows mobile - costs just $1/month. All I have to remember is my initial password (which is my case is a sentence).[/QUOTE]

+1 to this

I used lastpass to generate a password for lastpass and printed the bastard out and now need to remember where it is when i login on a new device. that in itself is hard....

every website has its own password, I have read of people printing out master lists just in case but the 13 or so important sites I manually keep a record of too :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Are you in the Steam group? I honestly can't keep track at this point.

And it's not you. The game can be rather difficult solo, especially if you jump into a hard mission. Add me on Steam (idiotekque) and I'll send you an invite. The game shines with groups.[/QUOTE]
I'm not in the Steam group yet. I've held off only as I don't have anyone but actual known friends on services like Steam/XBL/PSN, and after some poor experiences otherwise, it's been nice to keep it that way. But I may change that, as y'all are awesome peeps. :)

I do like the shotgun suggestion someone made. That's actually a bit tempting. I may need to read a guide and see some example builds.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What's wrong with the first post? It has promos listed by date with links.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what's wrong - next week's promo's ain't listed yet! :p
Yeah, you really do spoil us, giving us often long lists way ahead of time before the next sale pops up! :p

Can't wait for TWD sale!

Oh, BTW - was 2K's sale supposed to end today originally?
Did they extend it (to the 9th) or something?
Or, am I going crazy here?

[quote name='darkfear12']I'm sorry that I have to ask here but where is the coupon that is mentioned on the first page?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you buy any games in Nov 2012 to Dec 2012 from Amazon DVG?
If yes - see if you have any $5 off Editors Choice games in your e-mails.

[quote name='MrBonk']I try to have different randomly generated 20+ key passwords for nearly every site. And I use a password manager stored on a separate HDD (That has another giant password just to gain access to the database)to keep track of them all personally.

I think it's stupid that we have to go to such inane lengths to protect ourselves but what can you do. If people weren't assholes or amoral ,life would be easier on teh interweb.[/QUOTE]

Do you work in IT? :lol: Because this is just like how I have my passwords arranged.

[quote name='MrBonk']I try to have different randomly generated 20+ key passwords for nearly every site. And I use a password manager stored on a separate HDD (That has another giant password just to gain access to the database)to keep track of them all personally.

I think it's stupid that we have to go to such inane lengths to protect ourselves but what can you do. If people weren't assholes or amoral ,life would be easier on teh interweb.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think that's a bit excessive since no one really uses brute-force attacks anymore, and that's mostly what you're trying to defend yourself from with 20+ key passwords. It doesn't hurt to use them, but I think it adds a false sense of security more than anything. If I use 7-10 keys and you use 20, we both still have the same chance at being hacked.

[quote name='crupp']I'm considering the strat pack but already have civ 4. Are amazon bundles still one key or can the games be split up?[/QUOTE]

yeah i got that pack
it is 4 separate keys

civ 5 goty
civ 5 gods and kings
civ 4
and
stronghold collection

[quote name='tham1988']yeah i got that pack
it is 4 separate keys

civ 5 goty
civ 5 gods and kings
civ 4
and
stronghold collection[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering!

[quote name='Woocls']I love xkcd! And I have a variety of passwords. Anything without my financial info gets a throw away password. Everyone else gets one of several different passwords. FYI, 26 characters or 9 it doesn't matter. After, I think, it's 8 Alpha-numeric characters it becomes almost mathmatically impossible to hack it by random integers.[/QUOTE]

Realistically as long as the website has 'reasonable' measures to prevent massive guessing remotely 8 or 26 isn't a big difference

Teh difference is when you have an offline attack. Where the attacker already has the salted or encrypted passwords. Then it becomes a question of how 'long' will it take to decrypt.

In these scenarios LONGER is always better. Even if it's only alphanumeric. Scripts exist already to go through 'normal' substitutions like O for zero, 1 for i etc. And with modern computers aided by GPUs an 8 character 'complex' password is pretty much toast. The irony is that a 15 alphanumeric password is more secure than an 8 character complex one.

Generally I recommend users use a long sentence or phrase for 'critical' passwrods. They are easy to remember but would be impossible to crack via offline methods.

Sorry, what is the link to the EC list. I was using the link to the Holiday sale and then clicking through to the Editor's Choice. That top section is now gone and I did not find a link on Amazon or with the search function on this site. Sorry.

[quote name='ars9876']Sorry, what is the link to the EC list. I was using the link to the Holiday sale and then clicking through to the Editor's Choice. That top section is now gone and I did not find a link on Amazon or with the search function on this site. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Here it is.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Do you work in IT? :lol: Because this is just like how I have my passwords arranged.[/QUOTE]
ahah XD, no I don't. But in the last few years i've had a few wakeup calls in regards to password security. So I eventually started changing all my passwords, looked information about password managers and other junk.

And here I am!:hot:

I tried to do the same for others in my household(Brother, parents) but they just get aggravated with me and don't get it. So I try to make it simpler for them by having a notebook with pages for passwords.

I still use some simple non random passwords here and there. Generally for places that aren't terribly important. Or for things where it would be too much of a pain in the ass to have to retype all the time (Like Steam, but i'm gonna come up with a fix for this today). Which reminds me, I need to change my email password again.

[quote name='lnknprk']Personally, I think that's a bit excessive since no one really uses brute-force attacks anymore, and that's mostly what you're trying to defend yourself from with 20+ key passwords. It doesn't hurt to use them, but I think it adds a false sense of security more than anything. If I use 7-10 keys and you use 20, we both still have the same chance at being hacked.[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest, for most places it's not a big deal anymore since I can just open up the database and copy pasta the PW.

As far as false sense of security. Maybe, i'm no expert or anything.

It still seems like from sites like http://howsecureismypassword.net/
that a randomly generated password like "LTnUh5rIpEL3eceKR4vk" "It would take a desktop PC about 5 quintillion years to crack your password"

[quote name='crupp']Tony,
I registered the Civ 5 GOTY key on steam and its only showing up as the standard version. Anything I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

all the goty stuff is dlc
check your dlc for civ 5
gods and kings will just be a dlc too

[quote name='Satoru']Realistically as long as the website has 'reasonable' measures to prevent massive guessing remotely 8 or 26 isn't a big difference

Teh difference is when you have an offline attack. Where the attacker already has the salted or encrypted passwords. Then it becomes a question of how 'long' will it take to decrypt.

In these scenarios LONGER is always better. Even if it's only alphanumeric. Scripts exist already to go through 'normal' substitutions like O for zero, 1 for i etc. And with modern computers aided by GPUs an 8 character 'complex' password is pretty much toast. The irony is that a 15 alphanumeric password is more secure than an 8 character complex one.

Generally I recommend users use a long sentence or phrase for 'critical' passwrods. They are easy to remember but would be impossible to crack via offline methods.[/QUOTE]
I've always been confused about passphrases, would a PPHR be like "Iateadonkeyfordinnerfuckyeah" ? or "IAAdFDFY"?

[quote name='tham1988']all the goty stuff is dlc
check your dlc for civ 5
gods and kings will just be a dlc too[/QUOTE]

Ahh.... i see it now. Thanks.

[quote name='MrBonk']Oh, so you are wondering if the key they give you is exclusive for NA or something?[/QUOTE]

ROW = Rest Of the World and they use this tag when a game is only locked in one region. Spec Ops is only locked in Russia and CIS(Commonwealth of Independent States), so keys sold in the rest of the world including the US are (ROW) tagged. Other games like Inversion and Dead Island are only locked in North America, so they get (NA) tag and other keys sold to the rest of the world are (ROW). Sometimes the tag is not for regional lock but rather Low Violence or Censored editions.

[quote name='r9800pro']ROW = Rest Of the World and they use this tag when a game is only locked in one region. Spec Ops is only locked in Russia and CIS(Commonwealth of Independent States), so keys sold in the rest of the world including the US are (ROW) tagged. Other games like Inversion and Dead Island are only locked in North America, so they get (NA) tag and other keys sold to the rest of the world are (ROW). Sometimes the tag is not for regional lock but rather Low Violence or Censored editions.[/QUOTE]
Ahhhhh Ok I get it! Thanks I didn't know what ROW meant before.

Thank you very much.:cool:

[quote name='Satoru']Realistically as long as the website has 'reasonable' measures to prevent massive guessing remotely 8 or 26 isn't a big difference

Generally I recommend users use a long sentence or phrase for 'critical' passwrods. They are easy to remember but would be impossible to crack via offline methods.[/QUOTE]

I recently stopped using the same password on any two websites due to the number of times I heard website X was hacked. Of course trying to keep track of a large number of passwords is daunting, so I implemented a password algorithm that I use that includes the website name. I now always attempt to include Caps and a special character in my final password. It pisses me off when certain websites disallow certain special characters. I'm talking to you BestBuy.com!!

All this password talk has made me change a ton of my passwords last night. The key is using different passwords for all sites since brute force attacks take too long generally...and there are easier ways for smart hackers. I remember my brother used to be able to get into old bbs through a backdoor left open for sysop access back in the day and it was some bug/hack as well.

[quote name='MrBonk']ahah XD, no I don't. But in the last few years i've had a few wakeup calls in regards to password security. So I eventually started changing all my passwords, looked information about password managers and other junk.

And here I am!:hot:

I tried to do the same for others in my household(Brother, parents) but they just get aggravated with me and don't get it. So I try to make it simpler for them by having a notebook with pages for passwords.

I still use some simple non random passwords here and there. Generally for places that aren't terribly important. Or for things where it would be too much of a pain in the ass to have to retype all the time (Like Steam, but i'm gonna come up with a fix for this today). Which reminds me, I need to change my email password again.

Well to be honest, for most places it's not a big deal anymore since I can just open up the database and copy pasta the PW.

As far as false sense of security. Maybe, i'm no expert or anything.

It still seems like from sites like http://howsecureismypassword.net/
that a randomly generated password like "LTnUh5rIpEL3eceKR4vk" "It would take a desktop PC about 5 quintillion years to crack your password"[/QUOTE]
But you don't need to hold them off for anywhere near that long. A simple 8-10 character alphanumeric (with caps) is 62^8 or 62^10 number of attempts. For 10 characters: 839,299,365,868,340,224 number of different possibilities. As long as you use a random set of integers you'll never be hacked by brute force. Which the other guy is right. Noone uses brute force because it's so much easier to just crack open a website and take what you want.

I find it amusing and also somewhat shocking that so many of you are willing to post on a public forum your password ideas, trends, habits, etc. Especially considering how careful some of you seem to be.

Edit: Password security is good and all, but they're nothing more than locks. (i.e. locks are for honest people) Still have to consider best practices above all else IMO.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I find it amusing and also somewhat shocking that so many of you are willing to post on a public forum your password ideas, trends, habits, etc. Especially considering how careful some of you seem to be.[/QUOTE]

It's because they are common methods that you could easily Google. Bob the hacker isn't going to stumble upon this and go, "OMG! I didn't know that's how you store your password!"

[quote name='wEEman33']How does the PC version of FIFA 13 compare to the console versions?

Are there any missing modes or missing features?[/QUOTE]

I have it for both Xbox and PC. Haven't played much of it on PC, but at first glance it appears to be the same as the Xbox version as far as modes go. If you use the same email for both the console and PC version your EASFC ranking carries over, and I believe so does your virtual pro.

Also like the console version, I suspect the PC version will have constant server downtime. I play mainly Ultimate Team mode online, so that can get pretty frustrating with the constant disconnects from matches.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I find it amusing and also somewhat shocking that so many of you are willing to post on a public forum your password ideas, trends, habits, etc. Especially considering how careful some of you seem to be.

Edit: Password security is good and all, but they're nothing more than locks. (i.e. locks are for honest people) Still have to consider best practices above all else IMO.[/QUOTE]

See, and this seems like such a nice place that probably didn't even think of the possibility of something bad coming out of this.:lol:

Guess I gotta delete all the stuff in my posts now! GOSH!:bouncy:

I'm using this thread to lure hackers in and capture them.

Hey everyone! I changed my password to "myrtle!purtle!potatobug" -- do you think that's safe enough to protect my vast vault of games and credit card info? Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back