Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I'll be making a new thread soon. This one has gotten HUGE.

Also, for those of you curious about Price Matching, we're looking at stuff right now and will be matching on a case by case basis, reasons for not matching will include:

1. We've run or are currently running a better deal than what is currently being displayed
2. We are working on (even if not finalized) a better deal in January. Again, this is not a guarantee that anything not matched will be cheaper in January, only that I am close enough to feel uncomfortable offering a worse offer only a few days prior. As we've all seen before, sometimes things fall through at the last minute.
3. The Walking Dead will be $12.49 shortly, just put the pricing in place. This is the only PM I'll probably comment on directly since we're moving the sale up by a day due to matching.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Can I make a suggestion for NEW Thread?

May I suggest when you create a NEW Thread, YOU reserve up the FIRST THREE POSTS (instead of 2).

Post 1 = Current Deals
Post 2 = Upcoming Deals you feel like sharing w/ us early
Post 3 = Any additional informational stuff (i.e. who & what kind of deals Amazon DVG matches and won't match; EA games activate Origin; etc etc.)

[quote name='MysterD']Can I make a suggestion for NEW Thread?

May I suggest when you create a NEW Thread, YOU reserve up the FIRST THREE POSTS (instead of 2).

Post 1 = Current Deals
Post 3 = Any additional informational stuff (i.e. who & what kind of deals Amazon DVG matches and won't match; EA games activate Origin; etc etc.)[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll try that format. Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, when we created the list we didn't have TFP yet (like it wasn't a product on our site). So we put the non-full package in there. We won't be adding The Full Package unless we have a planned promotion around it, which we do not right now.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh ok -- cool. Thanks for the quick response!

[quote name='MisterS42']Looking forward to this potentially happening to Darksiders.

Tony,
I want to add to the others here that are thanking you for your time and dedication to this group and customers in general. You and the Amazon customer service team are stellar and in my experience (and others I've spoken to) have handled situations and issues perfectly. To the point that folks that have had issues with Amazon and contacted your team, have actually left a more loyal customer. We call that a "golden opportunity" where I work and you and your peers handle them flawlessly. I think many other companies should take note and learn from Amazon, as I certainly am.

Anyway TL;DR -

Love what you do and how you do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I'll update as soon as I have everything finalized with THQ.

Cheers,
Tony

I will accept being the bonehead of the day as I went to amazon in haste to buy the walking dead and ordered too fast as I noticed that I bought the Mac version of the game, not the PC / Steam version that I was wanting to buy. E-mail sent to customer service. Nevertheless, if that is the worst to happen today, it is alright. Thanks for the early price drop Tony.

[quote name='MysterD']Can I make a suggestion for NEW Thread?

Post 1 = Current Deals
Post 3 = Any additional informational stuff (i.e. who & what kind of deals Amazon DVG matches and won't match; EA games activate Origin; etc etc.)[/QUOTE]

Post 3 = FAQ I dare say it could be post 1 as that is probably at LEAST 25% of the posts in this thread. Doesn't have to be a super long post as to CAG-block the subsequent posts, but it could really reduce the clutter in here.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure, I'll try that format. Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think if the post title included "Read Post 3 for FAQs" and people referred people to it instead of answering questions, people would actually read it. A wiki area might also be nice.

[quote name='waabulo']I will accept being the bonehead of the day as I went to amazon in haste to buy the walking dead and ordered too fast as I noticed that I bought the Mac version of the game, not the PC / Steam version that I was wanting to buy. E-mail sent to customer service. Nevertheless, if that is the worst to happen today, it is alright. Thanks for the early price drop Tony.[/QUOTE]

It's steamplay, so shouldn't they be the same...?

[quote name='xanchui']Could you make TWO new threads? One for deals and gametalk, and the other for raging? =)[/QUOTE]

I think Cheapy would punch me in the face if I made a virtual trollhut.

[quote name='waabulo']I will accept being the bonehead of the day as I went to amazon in haste to buy the walking dead and ordered too fast as I noticed that I bought the Mac version of the game, not the PC / Steam version that I was wanting to buy. E-mail sent to customer service. Nevertheless, if that is the worst to happen today, it is alright. Thanks for the early price drop Tony.[/QUOTE]

It is Steamplay, won't matter, your key will work on your PC.

Cheers,
Tony

You don't need to worry, as the Mac version is also Steam and will unlock PC and Mac versions on Steam.

[quote name='xanchui']Could you make TWO new threads? One for deals and gametalk, and the other for raging? =)[/QUOTE]

I proposed this idea once and some people in the thread got really upset at that idea. Although I didn't say "raging" I called it "feedback." As it is I have half the users in here on ignore because of that.

[quote name='espy605']I think if the post title included "Read Post 3 for FAQs" and people referred people to it instead of answering questions, people would actually read it. A wiki area might also be nice.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to build a linked up OP so you can jump down to different posts. I'm not very good with BB code though so I might be hitting one of you jokers up for help.

Also, I wish this weren't the case, but this thread will never have a wiki section as long as I'm operating it. I just can't trust that some rager wouldn't pop in and write a bunch of inflammatory stuff that could be misinterpreted as communication from me as an official representative.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, thank you so much for the X-Com deal...I bought it last night, started playing this morning at 9am and just realized that it was 1 in the afternoon and that my wife had gotten up, ate breakfast, showered, and left the house while I was playing without me noticing.

Damn game is addicting!

Maybe, just maybe, if Medal of Honor Warfighter was $20 ($15 after coupon) and Need for Speed Most Wanted: $20 ($15 after coupon) I could buy them both. Knowing this game sales flopped for EA, it could be a good opportunity!

Tony and espy605, thanks for the good news. I appreciate your help and that I can salvage this issue so easily. You guys are great.

Woohoo... bought The Walking Dead and XCOM from Amazon today. You guys came through with killer deals yet again!

[quote name='espy605']This is 100% correct, but the email response is usually very swift. I've not had any problems with them.[/QUOTE]

Phone support is super-quick and very helpful.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure, I'll try that format. Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.[/QUOTE]

Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sure, I'll try that format.[/quote]
Awesome!

Given the volume of folks who don't check the OP though...I think Post 3 getting read is a pipe dream lol.

Cheers,
Tony
Will Post #3 activate on Steam? ;)

[quote name='hal']Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.[/QUOTE]

Yes, also put that "FAQ" on the 4th post as well Tony.

[quote name='ochentay4']Maybe, just maybe, if Medal of Honor Warfighter was $20 ($15 after coupon) and Need for Speed Most Wanted: $20 ($15 after coupon) I could buy them both. Knowing this game sales flopped for EA, it could be a good opportunity![/QUOTE]

That would probably be my consideration point for MOH as well. Not much up on NFS, prefer more sim type racers myself.

[quote name='hal']
Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I asked this before, but I don't know if it was looked at. But, does this forum's software have the capability of creating a persistent OP at the top of each new page? For these high traffic, fast moving threads, something like that would be handy.

Hi Tony. I also want to thank you for what you do here here. Very glad to hear about the DSII pack showing back up and having a shot for the EC list. Is there a chance of ME3 DE showing up cheaper later this month, or just showing up again at the current price? I'm really on the fence about that one.

My sole quasi-regret is missing the Ubisoft coupon on Anno 2070 to get it for $15. I'm just sayin' that if the opportunity came around again, I'd probably feel inclined to go for it just because I'd be like "Oooh, a second chance!"

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

Man, seeing the current sale on steam makes me wonder again why no batman games are in the EC too. Guess I'm in for Walking Dead but... man. Just hope there's stuff planned later for that.

[quote name='ochentay4']Maybe, just maybe, if Medal of Honor Warfighter was $20 ($15 after coupon) and Need for Speed Most Wanted: $20 ($15 after coupon) I could buy them both. Knowing this game sales flopped for EA, it could be a good opportunity![/QUOTE]

$15 BEFORE coupon ($10 after coupon) [or cheaper] for NFS: Most Wanted 2012 and MOH: Warfighter each would be even better. ;)

Tony. Any chance you know when saints row 2 will hit a price around 3 bucks again... trying to figure out if I want to go ahead and bite at the current 50% off...

[quote name='nucleargenocide']Hey Tony any chance to see TSW back at 17.99 on EC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was supposed to be today but we moved it to tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']$15 BEFORE coupon ($10 after coupon) [or cheaper] for NFS: Most Wanted 2012 and MOH: Warfighter each would be even better. ;)[/QUOTE]

If we're headed down that path, than honestly, I think EA should pay me to play these games. But I didn't want to lay that on Tony's shoulders.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah it was supposed to be today but we moved it to tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

What-else can you reveal will begin tomorrow for (hopefully) awesome EC sales? ;)

Awesome deal on TWD. Thanks Tony, I know you're busting your butt trying to make everyone happy.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Man, seeing the current sale on steam makes me wonder again why no batman games are in the EC too. Guess I'm in for Walking Dead but... man. Just hope there's stuff planned later for that.[/QUOTE]

Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. WB (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Neuro5i5']If we're headed down that path, than honestly, I think EA should pay me to play these games. But I didn't want to lay that on Tony's shoulders.[/QUOTE]
I'd be cool w/ EA paying us! :D
Plus, EA should be paying Tony even MORE extra money just b/c of the awesome deals him and Amazon comes up w/ & number of units it'll move... ;)
Plus, EA should thank Tony for the number of people that might increasingly have to tolerate Origin... ;)

EDIT:
Since we're on the topic of EA and TSW sale is coming back - when's somebody gonna top or even be within range of TSW at $5.xx? ;)
Rhetorical question - I know the answer is "not gonna happen" since sub-fees got dropped.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. WB (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's quite a fancy record player if it plays broken ones ;). I kid, I kid.

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January."[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that's the kind of informational stuff that could go into "Pipe Dream" Post #3 of NEW Thread! :D

And, I guess won't ask about the ARMA 2 games (ARMA: Op Arrowhead, ARMA 2 Combined Ops - which you price-matched on Steam sale) hitting EC Sale List before the day's over. ;)
Was hoping to burn some more EC coupons & get more stuff on the cheap. ;)

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']That's quite a fancy record player if it plays broken ones ;). I kid, I kid.[/QUOTE]

You mean it's not a CD player? ;)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

...You are the best. Thank you.

[quote name='DarkZero104']...You are the best. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I want to know whoelse (besides WB) for publishers Tony is in talks with now! :D

Tony reveals sometimes one little piece of information and it's enough to get us all jazzed and jumping up and down like little kids!
So, I think I need to look and see what WB games Amazon DVG sells (that I don't own yet).... ;)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Haha, you are seriously on fire today. Actually I think people would read a FAQ post if you linked it in your signature, too. And instead of people voicing their opinions on what games they want, you could solicit data by conducting polls with the ability to write in titles?

[quote name='espy605']Haha, you are seriously on fire today. Actually I think people would read a FAQ post if you linked it in your signature, too.[/quote]
+1 for that!
That's an awesome idea!

[quote name='MysterD']I want to know whoelse (besides WB) for publishers Tony is in talks with now! :D

Tony reveals sometimes one little piece of information and it's enough to get us all jazzed and jumping up and down like little kids!
So, I think I need to look and see what WB games Amazon DVG sells (that I don't own yet).... ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaOTiK']Obviously Tony and Amazon don't care about orphans.

*goes back to beating them with SlimJims*[/QUOTE]

Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Sega (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='KaOTiK']Obviously Tony and Amazon don't care about orphans.

*goes back to beating them with SlimJims*[/QUOTE]

Condemned is a 7 year old port of an Xbox game and is barely breaking the top 10,000 in video games right now. I wouldn't hold my breath.

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Sega (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It wont stop me from beating them!!! I'm a lean mean meat stick beating machine!

[/QUOTE]

Tony, you need to get a new record if it has to keep playing that message :p Can't wait for those other EA deals. I just bought Amalur, so my Origin account is ready.

EDIT: Nice new sig! I'm trying to do my part about the whole PMing thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back