Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']You'll have to complain a lot more, announce you're putting people on ignore, whine you can't get a dozen AAA games for $5 just because you bought some $0.30 Darksiders 2 DLC for EC coupons, ask about EA games activating on Steam, ask for Bethesda price matches, and allege Tony is favoring certain posters and that Amazon is out to get you.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMoVrZmd5c

[quote name='tham1988']how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?[/QUOTE]

Same way they were able to fit Skyrim on 1 Xbox disc. Magic, courtesy of the mages from The College of Winterhold.

[quote name='avwjase']So long as I am not in the running for 'poster with no life that monitors CAG all day' like 95% of the people in this thread, I am cool.[/QUOTE]

I assure you that you are in the running for avatar of the year!

(Still trying to decide if that's NSFW or not...)

[quote name='lnknprk']Same way they were able to fit Skyrim on 1 Xbox disc. Magic, courtesy of the mages from The College of Winderhold.[/QUOTE]

One word:
GAMEBYRO!

[quote name='Todd33']What "coupon"? The OP should be a little more clear.[/QUOTE]

You got $5 coupons for buying amazon games from late November through the end of the year. I guess it is assumed you know what it is talking about, as this thread has been buzzing about it for weeks.

[quote name='Todd33']What "coupon"? The OP should be a little more clear.[/QUOTE]

Editors Choice $5 off coupons.

If you bought games from Amazon DVG during Nov 2012 to Dec 2012 that qualified, you should have some e-mails containing these coupons.

[quote name='Talgrund']Just finished installing TSW, what server is everyone on?[/QUOTE]

I'm on Daemon but it doesn't matter. Though, someone that reviewed the game said the Cerebrus was prone to glitches (at the time of the review).

[quote name='Mooby']Re: Dark Souls. The only people who find it maddeningly/rage-inducing hard are people who simply aren't used to challenging games. Call it e-peenery if you will but the majority of gamers today are used to games that are rife with quick-time events and little in the way of involved combat short of push A for Awesome until your enemy is dead. Yes, Dark Souls requires a little bit of getting used to the controls but by no means is it anywhere near as difficult as most people make it out to be. There isn't much of a penalty in the way of death as you only lose your current souls (combination of xp and currency) and non-inventory humanity (a bit too involved to discuss those mechanics here) -- even then you get a chance to run back and pick them up off the ground to reclaim them so long as you don't die before you get to it.[/QUOTE]

Many gamers today would have probably gave up long ago if they had to play some of stuff I played on NES.

Solomon's Key, Ninja Gaiden (eat me all levels after world 3), Battletoads (fuck you Jet bikes), TMNT (fuck you damn DAM level), Jaws (AHHHH! fucking shark), Top Gun (land on the fucking AIR CRAFT CARRIER DAMN YOU!!!!), Ghost n Goblins (you mean I have to go through this shit again!), Friday The 13th (oh fuck it's Jason I'm dead), The Adventures of Bayou Billy (ahhhhh dodge bombs, shoot down planes, dodge pits, dodge poles in the road, etc), Mega Man 1-4 (Not another disappearing block jumping puzzle, curse you Dr. Willy!!!!) Castlevania (die Grim Reaper!!! NOOOOOOOOOO the game froze AHHHHHHHHHH!!!) etc.

[quote name='Mooby']allege Tony is favoring certain posters and that Amazon is out to get you.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of some great words of wisdom:

"Just because you're paranoid... doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you."

:shock:

[quote name='Tolyngee']Looking at a list of GG's prices, I see a list of 1,724 items.

So, something like 58% of their inventory is just not available for me to buy then?[/QUOTE][quote name='GG CEO GUY']We handle the biggest digital store on the net, with more than 4000 games and thousands and thousands of transactions every day.[/quote]
Beats me. Are those just sale titles? Or maybe they don't offer stuff out of region? You'd need to ask GamersGate about the claim... let me know how it goes :lol:

[quote name='Tolyngee']Looking at a list of GG's prices, I see a list of 1,724 items.

So, something like 58% of their inventory is just not available for me to buy then?[/QUOTE]

No, it's a glitch. They really have 19,155 games, but their system is only showing 91% off of their catalog right now. :D

[quote name='walkonshadows']No, it's a glitch. They really have 19,155 games, but their system is only showing 91% off of their catalog right now. :D[/QUOTE]

Is 91% of their catalog at 91% off? ;)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm on Daemon but it doesn't matter. Though, someone that reviewed the game said the Cerebrus was prone to glitches (at the time of the review).

Many gamers today would have probably gave up long ago if they had to play some of stuff I played on NES.

Solomon's Key, Ninja Gaiden (eat me all levels after world 3), Battletoads (fuck you Jet bikes), TMNT (fuck you damn DAM level), Jaws (AHHHH! fucking shark), Top Gun (land on the fuckING AIR CRAFT CARRIER DAMN YOU!!!!), Ghost n Goblins (you mean I have to go through this shit again!), Friday The 13th (oh fuck it's Jason I'm dead), The Adventures of Bayou Billy (ahhhhh dodge bombs, shoot down planes, dodge pits, dodge poles in the road, etc), Mega Man 1-4 (Not another disappearing block jumping puzzle, curse you Dr. Willy!!!!) Castlevania (die Grim Reaper!!! NOOOOOOOOOO the game froze AHHHHHHHHHH!!!) etc.[/QUOTE]

For obvious reasons, arcade games were always the worst. Curse you Simpsons!!!

[quote name='Syntax Error']Beats me. Are those just sale titles? Or maybe they don't offer stuff out of region? You'd need to ask GamersGate about the claim... let me know how it goes :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's what I was getting at when I said 58% isn't available to me

[quote name='Tolyngee']This reminds me of some great words of wisdom:

"Just because you're paranoid... doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you."

:shock:[/QUOTE]

tin-foil-hat.jpg

[quote name='walkonshadows']No, it's a glitch. They really have 19,155 games, but their system is only showing 91% off of their catalog right now. :D[/QUOTE]

Think you meant NOT showing

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
Ninja Gaiden (eat me all levels after world 3)
[/quote]

I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES). #2 or #3 with the 'wind' elements cost me a couple of controllers though.

TMNT (fuck you damn DAM level)

Beat that too.

Friday The 13th (oh fuck it's Jason I'm dead)

Now see, tht game isn't even hard. Get the torch and sweater, profit.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy (ahhhhh dodge bombs, shoot down planes, dodge pits, dodge poles in the road, etc)

Yeah, fuck that game.

Personally, the hardest game I ever played was probably Chakkan on Sega Genesis. You get one life to complete the whole game with no saves or checkpoints. I worked on it for a month and got to the final level and died. In a fit of rage I gave the game away to my friend because I never wanted to see it again.

Although, some of the old Atari 2600 games were hard as hell too. I remember playing E.T. as a kid and it being incredibly hard because I had no damn idea what I was supposed to do.

[quote name='MysterD']
tin-foil-hat.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just saw Abigail in Zombieland! My how she's grown!

The other two in that pic? They're just half-baked now, and that's on a good day!

[quote name='Iron Angel']For obvious reasons, arcade games were always the worst. Curse you Simpsons!!![/QUOTE]

The Simpsons and X-men were brutal. Along with Ninja Gaiden arcade and the neo geo shooters and action titles.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
Top Gun (land on the fucking AIR CRAFT CARRIER DAMN YOU!!!!) .[/QUOTE]

Fixed :p I do agree, those older games are a Shaq-Fuing lot harder than Dark Souls. I know the first time I played Demon Souls (without any idea of what to do) I didn't find it that difficult. And Dark Souls is similar. It sometimes requires a few tries, but it gives you nice checkpoints.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Read it again. I said it right.
[/QUOTE]

17,431.05 = 91% of 19,155 (what you said)

1723.95 = 9% of 19,155 (me correcting you)

I said 1,724 games. NOT seeing (as I corrected you) 91% of 19,155 is 1,724.

[quote name='Trakan']Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.[/QUOTE]

+¹111111111111¹⅔
Keep that stuff in the steam thread

[quote name='Trakan']Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this thread go SO off topic that the mods had to come in? That takes some real randomness.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Wow, this thread go SO off topic that the mods had to come in? That takes some real randomness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there started to be comments that weren't yelling at Tony to pricematch glitches or sell Skyrim for $1.

[quote name='unknown0']Is amazon going to price match the darksiders franchise pack on steam? Tony?[/QUOTE]

We'll have the same deal, possibly better (if we include it in the EC list, which we're still discussing), so we're not matching today.

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony What about the "build a bundle" option to alleviate so many repeat copies of games people already have (and sometimes don't buy a bundle because of it). You could either:

1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.

OR:

2. Allow people to build the whole bundle (all 6 games) from the pool of availables. Imagine a publisher sale where they have 15 games on sale for the bundle. the bundle price stays at $15, but people are allowed to pick any 6 from the available publishers catalog (pool of games).

Example: The next time you do the paradox bundles, instead of 3 bundles (and let's face it, that did cause much confusion and people whining about what was in which bundle, and this is coming from a guy that bought like 8 of them) put ALL of those games in 1 pool, and let people make their own bundle. You can offset the people who have bought the majority of those games when they were on sale, by offering a DLC bundle just like the base games, but obviously at a different price point.

This would give more control to the customer, thereby drastically increasing their sense of value from the deal, while at the same time letting them pick which games (the extras they already have a copy of) that they can give/sell to friends. Also, if publishers like THQ are willing to do a Humble, then I'm quite sure they'd be up for something like this. Might be the chance to set precedent for other publishers to follow. You could also remind them that this setup protects them from "diluting their brand" by allowing control to them of final sale price. THQ's strategy with Humble was foolish, people paid far too little for great games, and it did little to help them financially.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Never mind I fail at reading.

This is probably the only option that would be available so you don't have people cherry picking the best games. With this option publishers could still 'force' fairly unwanted titles on to people while generating revenue by including a couple people do want.[/QUOTE]

We've looked at this a few times, and will probably try something in 2013, right now though we don't have a system in place to do this smoothly. Remember when we ran the "Buy an Ubisoft Game for $5 and get a $5 coupon for another Ubisoft game?" That was an attempt at the bundling idea but it wasn't an awesome experience for the customer. I'm working on something better though.

[quote name='nategator']Sorry, but I directed the question to Tony.

I just was checking to see if he would pre-announce something before I pulled the trigger on a sale. If it's a problem with Tony, I'm sure he can shoot me a PM or give me some snark on the thread. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey dude, no worries, and sorry you caught flak. I'll PM you in a hot second. Also, I don't think you're the worst poster :).

[quote name='stoned99']Seriously dude, stop whining. This is a forum of rabid game buyers, not amazon customer service. If you act like an ass ppl will call you out for it.

I've actually started to wonder is Tony is really a group of amazonianites, because based upon how often he actually answers questions, complaints, etc, he can't possibly sleep, and certainly isn't having sex as no woman would put up with his dedication.

And yes Tony, I would really like to know :)[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm not a group of Amazonians, I'm 1 dude :). I don't sleep a whole lot and (I think I mentioned this previously in thread) I broke up with my girlfriend a few months ago...she referred to this forum as "the black website I hate". I being her not me.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Read it again. I said it right.

BTW,
Amazon Best Sellers in Video Games

1.2 days in the top 100
Starter Vehicle Pack - Soar: Second Life [Game Connect]

2.34 days in the top 100
The Walking Dead [Online Game Code]
by Telltale Games

What am I missing here???[/QUOTE]

The Secret World Pack comes with 1K free Linden Dollars, which apparently can be cashed out for $4 in real life. Plus lots of people play Second Life.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony What about the "build a bundle" option to alleviate so many repeat copies of games people already have (and sometimes don't buy a bundle because of it). You could either:

1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.

OR:

2. Allow people to build the whole bundle (all 6 games) from the pool of availables. Imagine a publisher sale where they have 15 games on sale for the bundle. the bundle price stays at $15, but people are allowed to pick any 6 from the available publishers catalog (pool of games).

Example: The next time you do the paradox bundles, instead of 3 bundles (and let's face it, that did cause much confusion and people whining about what was in which bundle, and this is coming from a guy that bought like 8 of them) put ALL of those games in 1 pool, and let people make their own bundle. You can offset the people who have bought the majority of those games when they were on sale, by offering a DLC bundle just like the base games, but obviously at a different price point.

This would give more control to the customer, thereby drastically increasing their sense of value from the deal, while at the same time letting them pick which games (the extras they already have a copy of) that they can give/sell to friends. Also, if publishers like THQ are willing to do a Humble, then I'm quite sure they'd be up for something like this. Might be the chance to set precedent for other publishers to follow. You could also remind them that this setup protects them from "diluting their brand" by allowing control to them of final sale price. THQ's strategy with Humble was foolish, people paid far too little for great games, and it did little to help them financially.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Oh I would be all over custom packs, the amount of repeats really turns me off, it's cool when you get an extra or two to gift to friends, but when you start having to cope with the 5th copy of that game everyone has, it gets annoying.

[quote name='avwjase']Why? Because they didn't honor obvious pricing errors? Personally, I love it when hoarders are denied. Which is primarily who got in on that deal. People on Slickdeals bragging they bought 50 Bethesda packs. I am sure it happened here too. I just didn't waste the time reading the GamersGate thread here.[/QUOTE]

Mind you, not everyone hoarded 50 packs, but that's besides the point, if you checked the steam trading forums, they were instantly filled with people trading sleeping dogs for whatever, and guess what?? Steam honored their sales, glitched or not, so did Amazon with Hotline Miami.

That is called a seller handling itself with honor and it's customers with respect, Steam does it, Amazon does it 10 times better, end of story.

Didn't see anything particularly annoying but thank You for being here, the thread is needing you.

[quote name='Iron Angel']Yeah, there started to be comments that weren't yelling at Tony to pricematch glitches or sell Skyrim for $1.[/QUOTE]

Wait - GG had another glitch? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Wait - GG had another glitch? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah they decided to out glitch steam's glitch and sell Sleeping Dogs at 91.3% off. :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Remember when we ran the "Buy an Ubisoft Game for $5 and get a $5 coupon for another Ubisoft game?" That was an attempt at the bundling idea but it wasn't an awesome experience for the customer. I'm working on something better though.[/QUOTE]

personally i liked that publisher promo
i think better than editor's choice

[quote name='tham1988']personally i liked that publisher promo
i think better than editor's choice[/QUOTE]

I think it is too soon to say which is better. We are only five days into the EC choices and more options are probably going to come.

Okay, seriously...

What is it w/ PC controls not being allowed to be reconfigured to certain keys and/or cannot be configured at all?

I'm left-handed - and prefer the cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right)

Sleeping Dogs PC -> Cannot remap movement keys to cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right).
Dead Space 1 PC -> See above.
The Walking Dead -> TWD forces WSAD for movement. Hell, it forces EVERYTHING - as you cannot reconfigure KB/mouse controls.

{SMH and puts in X360 Controller}

Hmm...428.15 in video games credit. I think I'm gonna try Airmech now :p Apparently I can use my millions of bonuses with steam, so that's nice...

EDIT: It's only one per account :/ Darn...

[quote name='Iron Angel']I think it is too soon to say which is better. We are only five days into the EC choices and more options are probably going to come.[/QUOTE]

i just mean set-up wise
not necessarily specific sale-wise

specific sale-wise i already like editor's choice better just because of the walking dead
but also, even though i owned them before the sales, the 2k packs were the best deals in both so far

on a side note, considering how fast pc games go down in price,
tony,
you should start working on digital download pre-order offers
that would be sweet
cough tomb raider cough cough

[quote name='tritangle']Perhaps Amazon can add something like the following to that Editor's Choice page:

"Remember to check this page often as we will [or may, up to you (you=Amazon)] be adding titles to the Editor's Choice List throughout the month of January!"[/QUOTE]
Or "This list is subject to change, as we are in constant negotiations with publishers regarding future promotions."

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I'm gonna do this next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
What? Forcing us to wait until next week to get get rid of the phantom page? Now there's a legitimate reason to complain. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, seriously...

What is it w/ PC controls not being allowed to be reconfigured to certain keys and/or cannot be configured at all?

I'm left-handed - and prefer the cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right)

Sleeping Dogs PC -> Cannot remap movement keys to cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right).
Dead Space 1 PC -> See above.
The Walking Dead -> TWD forces WSAD for movement. Hell, it forces EVERYTHING - as you cannot reconfigure KB/mouse controls.

{SMH and puts in X360 Controller}[/QUOTE]
Can't say that I've really been bothered by non-remappable keyboard/mouse controls, but all these new games with controller support that's non-remappable and Xbox-controller-only? :bomb:

[quote name='Detruire']
Can't say that I've really been bothered by non-remappable keyboard/mouse controls, but all these new games with controller support that's non-remappable and Xbox-controller-only? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.

If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back