Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='contej85']It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.[/QUOTE]They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness. But at least it's easily remedied.

X360CE!

Nice list!
So I take it this list isn't being updated with any new deals? there's not going to be Far Cry 3 on sale at all for steam DRM?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I'm gonna do this next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Then we can take bets to see how many posts until the first rage!

[quote name='MrWizzy2002']Nice list!
So I take it this list isn't being updated with any new deals? there's not going to be Far Cry 3 on sale at all for steam DRM?[/QUOTE]

Steam DRM seems unlikely, but new deals may come.

Skimmed the last four pages @_@

Anyway:

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']I think I'm going to hold off on Dark Souls, I would have gotten it at $10.

I'm sort of torn on walking dead, I watched up until a little bit after you meet clementine and it just didn't really seem interesting. Does the story pick up where it's more interesting later on?[/QUOTE]

Buy it! As another poster mentioned, the point where you left off is 3% (heck, less) of the game. It gets even better the further you go. The part you stopped watching? That's like stopping for gas ahead of a long, amazing trip :)

[quote name='Das_Regal']They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness. But at least it's easily remedied.

X360CE![/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.

[quote name='tham1988']so...
apparently hitman: absolution is 23gb
i'm pretty sad
need to figure out how to download it
what to uninstall...
how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?[/QUOTE]

I just finished downloading Hitman:Absolution today on STEAM; it's only a 11.7 GB download, but a 23 GB install.

Got Hotline Miami for $2.50 with coupon back on the first day of the EC sale. Didn't think much of it, but bought it because it looked like fun.

I sank about 5 hours into it so far, which is a huge amount considering I'm busy AF these days and have almost no time to game. Anyone on the fence about it should pick it up, once you're not offended by violence or anything, but I doubt anyone here is.

Am I bummed about missing out on it for free? Hell no. While free would have certainly be nice, the value I got for that $2.50 was insane and I really want to thank Tony for this and all the other awesome deals.

Also, for anyone at all on the fence about The Walking Dead. Buy it NOW. It is a truly great game and I loved every bit of it. It never got old or boring or tired and it kept me hooked until the very last second. Tons have been written about how awesome it is so I will say no more than get it, right this moment.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.[/QUOTE]
Don't have a favorite video review of Dark Souls, so here's the WTF is... on it. It's basically if you amped up Legend of Zelda's: Ocarina of time's lock on style combat several levels of intensity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpec5VxJbY
[quote name='Tolyngee']So, this ain't Battle Toads where you will never ever develop the mad skillz needed to finish the dang thing?[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's not rapid twitch movement memorization like that BLASTED HOVERBIKE LEVEL :bomb:
[quote name='Tolyngee']I hope the game mechanic isn't like Prey... where you sort of never ever die?[/QUOTE]
When you rest at a bonfire, a checkpoint, you regain either 5, 10, or 15 estus flasks (depending how much you have kindled the fire with a rare item called humanity). That is the max possible healing potions available between checkpoints, so you can't chug them like crazy if you expect to make it all the way. There also is no MP bar, each spell you equip (healing or offensive magic) has a certain number of uses each and those uses are only refilled when you reach another bonfire and rest or die and return to the last bonfire you rested at.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Loved what you did with paradox bundles and 2k. I didn't grab paradox ones but did grab 2k's. Will paradox bundles be back in January by any chance for the EC list?

I didn't buy the Paradox bundle cause I couldn't find one that included everything I wanted and nothing I didn't.

A build a bundle would be awesome.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.[/QUOTE]That's what Motioninjoy's keystroke emulation or xpadder is for.

[quote name='Idiotekque']What's this talk of a Secret World thing though? Promo?[/QUOTE]
I think he meant Second Life and just had a mind-slip. Judging from context (explaining why a SL item was the top seller).

[quote name='MysterD']Depends on the game. :p[/quote]
Sure does, but in light of the save bug in TWD, $7.50 isn't gonna cut it for me.

[quote name='MysterD']You'd know. :p[/QUOTE]
Actually, no, lol. I've had no power for 22 hours. Bring me up to speed?

[quote name='Syntax Error']I think he meant Second Life and just had a mind-slip. Judging from context (explaining why a SL item was the top seller).[/QUOTE]
Ah shoot, c'mon Tony! Don't get my hopes up like that!

Second Life =/= Secret World.

Ew...

[quote name='Fluxy']i dunno why buy i just cant cash out on hitman....why cant it be 5 dollars cheaper haha[/QUOTE]
It probably will be by the summer sale.

Not sure if this is what was being discussed, but there's also this...

[quote name='nucleargenocide']Hey Tony any chance to see TSW back at 17.99 on EC?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah it was supposed to be today but we moved it to tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pshhh, $7.50? $5 or bust!

What's this talk of a Secret World thing though? Promo?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sure does, but in light of the save bug in TWD, $7.50 isn't gonna cut it for me.

Ew...[/QUOTE]

I still have one 24 hour guest pass available for The Secret World if anyone wants to try it out before the sale. PM me your email if interested.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sure does, but in light of the save bug in TWD, $7.50 isn't gonna cut it for me.

[/QUOTE]

What bug? I experienced no bugs at all.

[quote name='kidrocklive']What bug? I experienced no bugs at all.[/QUOTE]
VERY common bug for people to completely lose their save games for no reason and have to start over. I know multiple people who have had it happen to them, some of them having it happen more than once.

Some people never run into the bug though, so in that case, great. Still, that's what's making me picky about the price. I know everyone will say that the game is more than worth it for this price and that I'm being way too picky, but I just won't buy a game that is possibly going to eat my saves for over $5, no matter how good it is.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pshhh, $7.50? $5 or bust!

What's this talk of a Secret World thing though? Promo?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the December bonuses supposed to stop tomorrow (it was assumed that they extended it because of the advert on the site concerning another promo saying til Jan 7th). So even if it was put back on sale, you'd have to add the cost of Issue #5 ($5) back into it (which means the credit is a wash) and the other initiate pack items you wouldn't get either.

[quote name='Idiotekque']VERY common bug for people to completely lose their save games for no reason and have to start over. I know multiple people who have had it happen to them, some of them having it happen more than once.

Some people never run into the bug though, so in that case, great. Still, that's what's making me picky about the price. I know everyone will say that the game is more than worth it for this price and that I'm being way too picky, but I just won't buy a game that is possibly going to eat my saves for over $5, no matter how good it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would get hella annoying. I beat hotline miami and had no issues what so ever. Now all the sudden when I am going back to replay levels I get an error forcing the game to close :whistle2:/. I tried turning off steamworks too and still does it.

[quote name='Idiotekque']VERY common bug for people to completely lose their save games for no reason and have to start over. I know multiple people who have had it happen to them, some of them having it happen more than once.

Some people never run into the bug though, so in that case, great. Still, that's what's making me picky about the price. I know everyone will say that the game is more than worth it for this price and that I'm being way too picky, but I just won't buy a game that is possibly going to eat my saves for over $5, no matter how good it is.[/QUOTE]
I also finished the whole game without any save bug. Scaredy-cat!

Ew...[/QUOTE]

The save bug still isn't fixed? Maybe I'll hold off after all. :/

[quote name='contej85']It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.[/QUOTE]
When combined with non-rebindale controls, it's a pain in the arse.
It's one thing to have to use x360ce, but when the game is showing A and the button I need to press is where the Y would be, it's quite disorientating.

[quote name='Das_Regal']They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, and not having rebindable controls is even worse.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.[/QUOTE]
I thought that DirectInput was a standard. Sure different controllers had different button placements, but that isn't a problem if you can rebind the game controls.

[quote name='crabbit']I also finished the whole game without any save bug. Scaredy-cat![/QUOTE]

Same here and I'll admit to having some welled up manly tears by the end of it all. One of my top games of the year easily.

I'm not sure how common this bug is. All of my friends who have bought it in the past have finished it without issue. These save-eating related incidents could be related to the Steam Cloud. Heard of similar issues with BL2. Turn it off before starting the game, just to be sure.

[quote name='Detruire']
I thought that DirectInput was a standard. Sure different controllers had different button placements, but that isn't a problem if you can rebind the game controls.[/QUOTE]

Kind of, but you'd be surprised how many Xbox 360/PS3-inspired PC gamepads don't support DirectInpux. And a lot of games only support by hardware ID. A lot of Ubi games are notorious for only supporting the wired 360 controller, and not the wireless. Really lazy.

picked up the walking dead for $7.50, and am downloading it now. thanks for the deal!

I was hoping amazon would match saints row the 3rd again(it is on sale at steam for $7.50) so I could get it for $2.50 after coupon, but that doesnt look like it will happen.

[quote name='Detruire']When combined with non-rebindale controls, it's a pain in the arse.
It's one thing to have to use x360ce, but when the game is showing A and the button I need to press is where the Y would be, it's quite disorientating.

Indeed, and not having rebindable controls is even worse.

I thought that DirectInput was a standard. Sure different controllers had different button placements, but that isn't a problem if you can rebind the game controls.[/QUOTE]

I get your point if you don't have an official pad but I'm glad there is a standard. Without it you would get things like press button 12 to run. Where the hell is button 12. Pc gamepads used to suck because of that problem. Some ubi games still do.

[quote name='pROvIs']I get your point if you don't have an official pad but I'm glad there is a standard. Without it you would get things like press button 12 to run. Where the hell is button 12. Pc gamepads used to suck because of that problem. Some ubi games still do.[/QUOTE]Played RE4 that way. Took me a few minutes to get acquainted, but after that it was fine. With newer games the controller I got for that doesn't work unless I run X360CE, which I'm glad that fixes it, but I don't see why they couldn't support Xinput and Directinput given both are very simple API interfaces that are stock. I'd rather have a controller learning curve than an unusable controller.

That happened to me three times. It's partially the reason I haven't finished episodes 3-5. I don't feel like dealing with that aggravation so. It's frustrating as hell and from the looks of the telltale and steam forums there are a lot of people in the same boat and telltale doesn't seem to care too much (last I checked anyway).

I'll finish the game eventually, but that issue definitely put a sour taste in my mouth.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Yeah that would get hella annoying. I beat hotline miami and had no issues what so ever. Now all the sudden when I am going back to replay levels I get an error forcing the game to close :whistle2:/. I tried turning off steamworks too and still does it.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about TWD. I haven't had any issues with HM.

[quote name='crabbit']I also finished the whole game without any save bug. Scaredy-cat![/QUOTE]
Not all of us island people are crazy.

[quote name='Lindor']Same here and I'll admit to having some welled up manly tears by the end of it all. One of my top games of the year easily.

I'm not sure how common this bug is. All of my friends who have bought it in the past have finished it without issue. These save-eating related incidents could be related to the Steam Cloud. Heard of similar issues with BL2. Turn it off before starting the game, just to be sure.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's not a Steam Cloud issue, it's a game bug that corrupts save files. Correct if I'm wrong, Zillion.

[quote name='zillionandnine']That happened to me three times. It's partially the reason I haven't finished episodes 3-5. I don't feel like dealing with that aggravation so. It's frustrating as hell and from the looks of the telltale and steam forums there are a lot of people in the same boat and telltale doesn't seem to care too much (last I checked anyway).

I'll finish the game eventually, but that issue definitely put a sour taste in my mouth.[/QUOTE]
Right, you're one of the people I know had major issues with it. I'm pretty sure it happened to Fox multiple times too.

In the end, I'm not really afraid of the bug. If I bought it and it happened to me, oh well. It just really decreases the value of the game in my eyes when losing my save is a possibility. I HATE doing things over again in games--especially adventure games. I'd rather buy the game when the bug is fixed (for a price like this, $7-$10), or when the price is $5 or under.

Is anyone else having problems getting Steam overlay to work with Hotline Miami?

oh, and I created a giveaway for Darksiders 1.

[quote name='fore1337']Is anyone else having problems getting Steam overlay to work with Hotline Miami? [/QUOTE]
Yep, first time I said yes it crashed the game, second time I said yes, it didn't crash the game but the overlay didn't work still.

[quote name='fore1337']I'm still sporting my Death Adder, from way the hell back when they launched them.[/QUOTE]
Love the shape and feel. I've got the Mamba (just the wireless version, basically). Awesome mice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back