Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']i'm really sad that i don't have space on my hard drive for the secret world...
might buy an msata right now actually[/QUOTE]

All my Amazon game buying has forced my hand on another Amazon purchase. They've got a 2tb Seagate drive for $90 to hold it all......

[quote name='nosferatu51']All my Amazon game buying has forced my hand on another Amazon purchase. They've got a 2tb Seagate drive for $90 to hold it all......[/QUOTE]

Internal (for playing) or external (just for back-up purposes)?

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']People.. seriously..

The Promo items for TSW are not the same as Issue 5 and the DLC.

Every time someone disseminates bad info, a puppy is killed.[/QUOTE]

No but both promos were supposed to end 12/31 (and the game time promo too) but were extended so presumably if you get one you get the other. That is the way it has been thus far.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Keep in mind that the Initiate Pack bonuses really aren't a deal breaker either way. A few newbie weapons you'll quickly outgrow (and aren't at all necessary for the first couple levels anyway since they're quite easy), an ornamental pet and some faction jackets that everyone else will be owning anyway. I mean, all things being equal, if you were offered both for the same price you'd want the extra swag but the lack of it shouldn't deter anyone from buying the game.

The extra Issue (plot expansion) won't matter to you until later and you can decide then if it's worth what'll essentially be a $5 DLC purchase. Plenty to do without it since it hasn't even been released yet.[/QUOTE]

Issue 5 is out. You get it as an inventory item. I have it now I just haven't done it yet.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

3. Prices generally flip between 12:30-1AM on the first day of the planned sale.
[/QUOTE]
Tony, Update looks good, might want to add this time is PST.

[quote name='shaggyc']Tony, Update looks good, might want to add this time is PST.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also, Tony should note on the price-matching stuff:
Amazon DVG does NOT match RETAIL-BOXED deals [i.e. physical brick & mortar retail stores or warehouses, where you buy physical PC games on CD/DVD that come in a physical box; in a jewel case; and/or paper sleeves].

[quote name='Motoki']No but both promos were supposed to end 12/31 (and the game time promo too) but were extended so presumably if you get one you get the other. That is the way it has been thus far.

Issue 5 is out. You get it as an inventory item. I have it now I just haven't done it yet.[/QUOTE]

I get it... believe me. But they ARE different.

And people assuming things is exactly how people get hurt feelings and start whining to Tony.

P.S. No need to "chill" "BRO". Just making sure people understand there is a difference. (not Motoki, the other person)

P.P.S. Motoki, you haven't started it yet? It's right where the bird is flapping around for the Mayan quest in Savage Coast. If people are still out there farming you can easily get out there just following the road.

Ugh. The discussion of TSW is trying to drag a purchase out of me. I stopped WoW years ago, don't really want to get sucked into another MMO. But I would likely get $12 enjoyment out of it.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I get it... believe me. But they ARE different.

And people assuming things is exactly how people get hurt feelings and start whining to Tony.
[/quote]

I always try to be careful to mention that the pattern thus far has been if you get the initiate pack then you also get issue $5 however since both were supposed to end 12/31 there are no guarantees. I know how people in this thread can get. :p

I actually think that whole January 7th extension they mentioned on the December game time sale applies to all bonuses and promotions that were supposed to end 12/31. They just didn't do a very good job of clarifying that point.

P.P.S. Motoki, you haven't started it yet? It's right where the bird is flapping around for the Mayan quest in Savage Coast. If people are still out there farming you can easily get out there just following the road.

Is it fairly doable for low levels? I wasn't sure so I hadn't messed with it yet.

[quote name='Motoki']

Is it fairly doable for low levels? I wasn't sure so I hadn't messed with it yet.[/QUOTE]

"The Search for Tyler Freeborn" is. The one after that, "The Research of Tyler Freeborn" I hit a wall (pretty hard) with one of the guardians. He was basically a big beast that I think you need to be QL9-10 to do. :) Big WALL

Edit: I seem to remember there being a fairly big baddie in the Search as well that took some maneuvering (and someone stopping to help). Maybe that would be a roadblock for some. So I guess going from THAT perspective, then yea... not for low levels.

[quote name='tham1988']so can anyone tell me for sure how much empty hard drive space i need for the secret world?[/QUOTE]

My folder is 36.1 Gb.

[quote name='Correlli']Ugh. The discussion of TSW is trying to drag a purchase out of me. I stopped WoW years ago, don't really want to get sucked into another MMO. But I would likely get $12 enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]TSW is not wow. It's got a strong story component that feels more like a single-player experience than an MMO. I bet you could play through it and stop when you've exhausted the story portion and feel completely satisfied, unlike WoW which is... never-ending meta-gaming stuff.

Anyone with an extra $5 EC promo? Looking to pickup Spec Ops. Please PM!
smile.gif

Thanks to Motoki for Hotline Miami!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='steventrev']Anyone with extra $5 EC promo? Looking to pickup Spec Ops and Hotline Miami. Please PM!
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

They're tied to your account this year, so they're non-transferable

[quote name='MysterD']That's the point - you're NOT supposed to make "mistakes." The penalty for dying is enemies respawn in the entire area.

On the flip side - if you die and lose your Old Souls; get kicked back to last Bonfire (checkpoint); hack off more enemies and get their New Souls; make your way back to where you last died and get your Old Souls back; you'll have your Old Souls + New Souls. It'll be MUCH easier to level-up for battles - and you can actually die purposely if you're secrewed (i.e. No Flasks; don't have the item to send you back to last Bonfire) as a strategy just to actually grind more.
[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought it already, but I find it interesting that dying can be used as an effective strategy...

[quote name='JCrichton']You can read it but there is no reason to follow this advice that I've seen in a ton of places. Play the game all the way through to it's conclusion and make up your own opinions about it. I understand many of the complaints leveled at it. It could have been executed a bit better but there are plenty of folks who enjoyed the ending and took the events that were shown much differently than the annoyed masses.

Play. Enjoy. Think. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I you think about the ending for a moment though,
you'll wonder where this new character in the game suddenly emerged from in just the final five minutes...

[quote name='tjs09']They're tied to your account this year, so they're non-transferable[/QUOTE]

I think he wants someone to use their coupons and just send him the key.

[quote name='aus_nacht']The indoctrination theory makes the Mass Effect 3 ending much more interesting. I hope that the last dlc will not only confirm the indoctrination theory but will flush out the ending as well.
[/QUOTE]

While the indoctrination theory is absolutely interesting and wish it were the ending of ME3,
doesn't it mean that either some of the three games never happened, or at least that the story isn't over?

IT is very interesting, but if it ends with ME3, it means the story didn't end, no? You're still down on the ground in London?

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']So, The Secret World is on sale again, and I just bought it. I can confirm that you still get the initiate pack. I'm downloading the game now, it's gonna take a while (probably 10-12 hours), but as soon as I can I'll update on Episode 5.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that feeds my speculation back on 1 Jan that they extended it to 7 Jan.

[quote name='Killbomb']The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss. Usually there's somewhat of a shortcut but it can still be a pain.

Also, if you play the game "blind" (no wiki or guide) it can become very frustrating since you can easily waste souls on useless stats and some key items are very difficult to find on your own. For example, there is no way to know which weapon to level up to use a Boss soul without checking a guide or wasting materials. I do love the game and I'm not saying they should hand us everything on a platter in DS2 but a little more clarification/direction regarding certain game mechanics would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

What you are describing is the death penalty in DS:ptD. The purpose of the death penalty is to disincentivize death. Finding a good balance for this in any game with unlimited lives is tricky. When WoW was new, on of it's notable aspects was it's nicely balanced death penalty, enough that you did everything you could not to die, but not beating you with a stick when you did (as the then-reigning MMO, EQ did).

The blind aspect is a big appeal of the game, and in some ways it is the most versatile too. People who want to play blind can. People who just want to look up a few tips and tricks can. People who want to slavishly follow a walkthrough can. This is also a valid reaction to the nanny-mode games, "Press X to slay the root of all evil". Again, I think it's flexible.

[quote name='Wulfgr']Mass Effect 3 plot overall was full of inconsistencies and lazy writing coupled with lazy level design.
Like the part where Shepard takes on a Reaper by strafing left and right, that was so stupid and devoid of imagination.
The whole game felt rushed from the beginning. It's definitely the weakest in the series. Even if the ending was satisfying I still wouldn't rate it higher than the previous titles.[/QUOTE]

Please use spoiler tags on specifics! I own the trilogy and am only 9 hours into ME1. I am not alone in not having played it yet.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmmm are they still giving away the freebie content for The Secret World? I might bite now that it would be $12.99 again. Really hoping for a deal on Guild Wars 2. Should have bitten at $30 on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GW2 was kinda tempting at $30 (just to see what this GW fuss is about). I'm sure someday I'll see another tempting deal on it.

[quote name='MysterD']Now, if only BioWare and EA would release a ME2 Complete Edition (since that was never released) + ME3 Complete Edition (once they're done w/ releasing all the DLC).
Hell, I'd even be happy w/ a ME2 DLC Only Box or ME3 DLC Only Box, when they're done w/ all the DLC for the game.

I really don't like how BioWare and EA been handling DLC - i.e. buy BioWare Points first; and then buy DLC directly via the BioWare Store. I's rather just want to pay for content via CC in straight USD, dammit. DLC prices remain high and hardly even go on sale - which stinks for consumers, but is great for BioWare and EA.
[/QUOTE]

This! It rightly pisses me off that they treat us like console peasants.

[quote name='Motoki']I know they extended the sale on game time that was supposed to end December 31 to January 7th. Presumably this applied to the free bonuses and such that were also supposed to end December 31 but I don't know anyone who bought it today that can say for sure.
dec_gametime.png

Also keep in mind they are on Norway time and I'm not sure if the promotion is lasting until January 7th what time of day on their time it will flip off.

Right now it's 6PM on Sunday 1/6 in Norway. I'm not sure if they will flip it off at midnight their time (in 6 hours) or some time in the morning Monday for them (12-ish hours plus).
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! =) This is what I was referring to.

[quote name='lnknprk']I think the closest is the PS3 version of ME2. It has all the DLC except Arrival, which was released after the release of the game on PS3.[/QUOTE]

>.> That could possibly offset a large portion of the PS3 console price.

[quote name='lnknprk']That was great. Oddly enough, a lot of times in an MMO people don't want to go through the hassle of partying up. Whether it's because they are shy, intimidated, I don't know, it just happens more than it should in an MMO, but that way of questing took the awkward partying up easy. Just walk into the area and get to working. The only problem is that later on as you level that starts happening less since.[/QUOTE]

MMOs aren't the same as coop games. Even hardcore MMO raiders want some time to just do things by themselves, because that's what they want to do, or because they don't feel like dealing with people atm.

[quote name='gilby']Well, yeah. When you die in Diablo II you have to make a new character.

(Everyone did play Hardcore, right?)[/QUOTE]

Some people just want to run around and pet the cute little bunnies, so I wouldn't slam them too hard for not wanting to reroll when they die. ^_~

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.

[quote name='shaggyc']Tony, Update looks good, might want to add this time is PST.[/QUOTE]

We should just petition to have PST formally changed to AST (Amazon Standard Time). Not everyone has heard of the Pacific. ^_~

[quote name='Correlli']Ugh. The discussion of TSW is trying to drag a purchase out of me. I stopped WoW years ago, don't really want to get sucked into another MMO. But I would likely get $12 enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

I played and raided WoW for years. I've been in a few MMOs concurrent and since, nothing has the life-sucking grip of wow. But I see that as a good thing. =) Also TSW is now Buy2Play, so no monthly subscription fees (and the mental pressure that brings).

With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...

i don't understand why everyone is worried about mass effect dlc
the only good one between both games is lair of the shadow broker (if thats more than $10/ you can't only buy $10 of bioware points then i understand)

i don't really know if new dlc has come out for me3 though
is that omega dlc out yet?
that was like a gigantic crater in the middle of mass effect 3 (never going to omega even though it sounded like a lot was going on there) when i played it

[quote name='Tsel']I think he wants someone to use their coupons and just send him the key.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame I hadn't thought of that! I've been wondering how I was going to get rid of all these extra codes!

[quote name='tjs09']It's a shame I hadn't thought of that! I've been wondering how I was going to get rid of all these extra codes![/QUOTE]

It's only Jan 6th. The month is young!

Okay I have read most (not all) of this long thread. I still need some clarification on The Secret World. Only thing I know for concrete is that buying it from Amazon does not provide me with a Steam key, which sucks but I can live without.

I am currently playing right now on a 24 hour guest pass, so if I were to buy this from Amazon would I still get Initiate pack and other DLC which was being offered through Steam and TSW website?

And does Steam price match competitors? Because there are some games on here I would love to have on Steam which dont come with Steam keys. :(

[quote name='Tolyngee']While the indoctrination theory is absolutely interesting and wish it were the ending of ME3,
doesn't it mean that either some of the three games never happened, or at least that the story isn't over?

IT is very interesting, but if it ends with ME3, it means the story didn't end, no? You're still down on the ground in London?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Imo the indoctrination theory raises more questions and plot holes than I want to solve.

I'd rather live with the fact that Bioware rushed out a below average ending :)

[quote name='ZiggyGod']Okay I have read most (not all) of this long thread. I still need some clarification on The Secret World. Only thing I know for concrete is that buying it from Amazon does not provide me with a Steam key, which sucks but I can live without.

I am currently playing right now on a 24 hour guest pass, so if I were to buy this from Amazon would I still get Initiate pack and other DLC which was being offered through Steam and TSW website?
[/quote]

Initiate pack yes but maybe not for much longer. That promotion is probably ending on the 7th in Norway time but I have no idea what time of day, but soonish. If you want it get it today.

The episode 5 most likely you will get too but I am not making any guarantees here since I have not seen anyone who bought it today report back about that yet (you have to download the game first and create a character before you can see if you have it).

Thus far everyone who got the initiate pack got episode 5 for free but again I am making no guarantees here.

And does Steam price match competitors? Because there are some games on here I would love to have on Steam which dont come with Steam keys. :(

They don't price match. If you want something on Steam and can't get a Steam key for it elsewhere you will need to wait for a sale on it there if you want it discounted.

i wonder how many people that support the indoctrination theory have sat down and thought about how pissed they would have been if it was actually the ending of mass effect 3 before anyone outside of bioware ever thought of it?

i think it would be about like when neo got to the control room in the matrix 2
(i'm sorry but yes there really was a sequel to the matrix...never forget)

Tony,

I noticed you added your PSN codes to the OP. On the product description for them, it says:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE: To use this code, you need a PlayStation 3 connected to broadband Internet. You also need to accept the PlayStation Network Terms of Service."

If I have a PS Vita, but not a PS3, will I be able to use these codes? Just checking up to make sure!

Thanks for all your hard work :)

[quote name='asheskitty']
Some people just want to run around and pet the cute little bunnies, so I wouldn't slam them too hard for not wanting to reroll when they die. ^_~

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew what you were talking about. I was familiar with the majority that did play that way. I just always approached Diablo II with a mindset derived from years of playing Angband, and never felt right if I wasn't playing Hardcore.

if i buy the secret world on amazon
create an account for it
and tie the key to the account

but do not download/ install it yet,
will i still get the bonuses when i start later?

and also the bonuses are just that cosmetics/ weapons pack and then a $5 dlc right?

[quote name='tham1988']if i buy the secret world on amazon
create an account for it
and tie the key to the account

but do not download/ install it yet,
will i still get the bonuses when i start later?

and also the bonuses are just that cosmetics/ weapons pack and then a $5 dlc right?[/QUOTE]

I believe so to the first question and yes to the second.

It's not that much but still if you can get it for a decent price and get some free stuff on top then why not?

[quote name='Tolyngee']While the indoctrination theory is absolutely interesting and wish it were the ending of ME3,

[/QUOTE]

It means that some of ME3 didn't happen; namely the ending. The phantoms that he saw in his dreams are common things that the indoctrinated experience.

The basic point is that Shepard is fighting indoctrination off throughout ME3 and at the end of ME3 he's been knocked out in the final assault. So the bit from when he jumped into the beam until the end didn't happen. IT answers a lot of inconsistencies with the ending and far too many to answer here.

I really enjoyed watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJkR683Sas&feature=youtu.be

Nice update to the OP Tony! I'm not sure you would would also want to point out the "tell us about a lower price" link on Amazon product pages. Also, you might want to note the time is PST.

[quote name='gilby']Yeah, I knew what you were talking about. I was familiar with the majority that did play that way. I just always approached Diablo II with a mindset derived from years of playing Angband, and never felt right if I wasn't playing Hardcore.[/QUOTE]

^_^

[quote name='aus_nacht']
It means that some of ME3 didn't happen; namely the ending. The phantoms that he saw in his dreams are common things that the indoctrinated experience.

The basic point is that Shepard is fighting indoctrination off throughout ME3 and at the end of ME3 he's been knocked out in the final assault. So the bit from when he jumped into the beam until the end didn't happen. IT answers a lot of inconsistencies with the ending and far too many to answer here.

I really enjoyed watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJkR683Sas&feature=youtu.be
[/QUOTE]

So that would mean that absolutely nothing happened, and as far as we know, the reapers win....? Sorry, I didnt' have the time to watch the entire 1.5 hour long youtube video just yet :D
I remember a buddy telling me about it, and then i went and read the basic premise, but still didn't fully grasp all the implications as that would take more than 3 minutes of thought.

[quote name='MageVortex']
So that would mean that absolutely nothing happened, and as far as we know, the reapers win....? Sorry, I didnt' have the time to watch the entire 1.5 hour long youtube video just yet :D
I remember a buddy telling me about it, and then i went and read the basic premise, but still didn't fully grasp all the implications as that would take more than 3 minutes of thought.
[/QUOTE]

Actually when you choose destroy (which is the only "right" choice) Shepard fights of the indoctrination and supposedly wakes up. Then the "real ending" (whatever you want it to be - presumably you somehow defeat the Reapers in a straight up battle - at least in my personal version) happens which is never shown.

EDIT: Also, first post here. Hi you guys. Hi Toni :) Nice to see you again.

[quote name='asheskitty']Nice update to the OP Tony! I'm not sure you would would also want to point out the "tell us about a lower price" link on Amazon product pages. Also, you might want to note the time is PST.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed that should help with a lot of the questions. Or not. But at least it's an easy to read place that people can be referred to. With pictures. I like pictures.

But yeah I think the "tell us about a lower price" might want to be mentioned to avoid some of the "Tony can you price match game X" spam. Also people seem to be confused about the mightnightish PST price flip a lot.

[quote name='masterkajo']
Actually when you choose destroy (which is the only "right" choice) Shepard fights of the indoctrination and supposedly wakes up. Then the "real ending" (whatever you want it to be - presumably you somehow defeat the Reapers in a straight up battle - at least in my personal version) happens which is never shown.

EDIT: Also, first post here. Hi you guys. Hi Toni :) Nice to see you again.[/QUOTE]

if the last dlc doesn't confirm the indoctrination theory then I'll settle on they didn't have enough time theory. That's why I said IT was interesting. IT leaves a lot to be desired but it's better than what we got.

All this TSW talk is really tempting me to get it. I played FFXI for years then SWtoR and now Guild Wars 2. I'm kind of burnt out on GW2, and TSW is looking pretty interesting especially since there's no more sub. I've already used my 3 coupons though so I have to decide if it's worth the 18 without even trying it.

[quote name='tham1988']i wonder how many people that support the indoctrination theory have sat down and thought about how pissed they would have been if it was actually the ending of mass effect 3 before anyone outside of bioware ever thought of it?

i think it would be about like when neo got to the control room in the matrix 2
(i'm sorry but yes there really was a sequel to the matrix...never forget)[/QUOTE]

I never have watched Matrix 3 thanks to that.

But about IT being the end of ME3:
It wouldn't have been the end, but a new beginning. Bioware really screwed up by not going with what the fanbois had come up with and doing an ME4.

Impulse bought The Secret World, gonna start downloading, if anyone can point out how to check for the Issue 5 DLC I'll look into it. Although it'll probably take a while to download.

[quote name='asheskitty']

MMOs aren't the same as coop games. Even hardcore MMO raiders want some time to just do things by themselves, because that's what they want to do, or because they don't feel like dealing with people atm.

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.

I played and raided WoW for years. I've been in a few MMOs concurrent and since, nothing has the life-sucking grip of wow. But I see that as a good thing. =) Also TSW is now Buy2Play, so no monthly subscription fees (and the mental pressure that brings).[/QUOTE]

I do agree. WoW had one of the best death deterring penalties out there at the time.

Sounds as if you and I have very similar views on WoW. I LOVED it while I played but it really does have a life-sucking grip as you say. I really do miss playing it but don't let myself be pulled in because of how addictive it is.

The best times I've ever had in gaming where during raids.

The only way I would ever get back to WoW was if somehow my wife started gaming and played it with me or I got divorced and found someone who did lol.

[quote name='Psybuster']Impulse bought The Secret World, gonna start downloading, if anyone can point out how to check for the Issue 5 DLC I'll look into it. Although it'll probably take a while to download.[/QUOTE]
It's in the item shop under "Boosts". It should cost zero coins.

So I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon and I can CONFIRM that you indeed do get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 for free with your purchase as of right now. If you are like me who was on a 24 hour guest pass you can use the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 on the character you already have created. You claim your items via the in game store under "claim items".

Here is a pic below for proof. But I do not know if you still get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 if you hold on to your key and activate the game on a later date.

http://i.imgur.com/Ifl3l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back