Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZiggyGod']Here is a pic below for proof. But I do not know if you still get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 if you hold on to your key and activate the game on a later date.

http://i.imgur.com/Ifl3l.jpg[/QUOTE]

Activation is the only way for them to know when you bought the game, so I'm going to guess you won't get the content if you buy your key and sit on it for a while.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Hi Tony,

How about the Sims deals, especially Sims Medieval expansion?[/QUOTE]

Sims Medieval is a standalone game if I'm correct.

Might get the Premium pass for BF3...urgh.

also here is my haul.
Steam:
-Jade Empire ($3.74)
-Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ($2.50)
-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 ($2.50)
-Dawn of War Franchise Pack (For the DLC/$10)
-Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ($9/JakeNome)
-GTA Complete Pack ($12.50)
-Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo ($1.88)

Amazon:
-2K Shooter Pack (Pre-2K promo.../$10)
-Nexius ($1)
-Scribblenauts Unlimited (Gift/$7.50)
-SR3 Full (For DLC/$2.50)
-Dreamcast Pack ($5)
-The WTF Pack ($5) [Sold BL1/DNF]
-Hotline Miami ($2.50)
-The Walking Dead ($7.50)

Other:
-HIB VII NBTA ($1)
-Bethesda Pack (GG/$29) [Sold Skyrim/FO3]
-BL2 4-Pack x2 (Only got two copies/$22.50)
-HIB V Extras Key SMB/Lone Surv./Braid (Gift/$3.29 via.CAG)
-Alan Wake's American Nightmare (GG/1,888 Blue Coins)
-Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in North Point DLC (GMG/$3.29)
-Alan Wake CE (GMG/$6)
-SF X Megaman / Auditorium (Free lulz)
-Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials (GameTap/$5 Promo)
-Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition (CAG/$5)
-Civ V GOTY (CAG/$5)
-Civ V: Gods & Kings Xpack (GMG/$3.15)
-Sims Medieval (Gift/$4 via.CAG)
-Indie Royale Fall Bundle (To The Moon Gift, kept the rest of the games/$5 via.CAG)
-Lara Croft: GoL (Won from GalaGiveaway)

[quote name='MC Kage']Sims Medieval is a standalone game if I'm correct.
[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the Pirates and Nobles expansion TO Sims Medieval.

Finally bit on The Secret World, played the beta and loved it minus the typical sub fee. So 13$ seems perfect for a mmo. I just wonder how they are planning to pay for the game now that it is buy to play.

[quote name='Tolyngee']With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as enough disk space :cry:

hddsk.jpg

[quote name='Sophita']Finally bit on The Secret World, played the beta and loved it minus the typical sub fee. So 13$ seems perfect for a mmo. I just wonder how they are planning to pay for the game now that it is buy to play.[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like monthly $5 expansions (that are supposed to fo free after some amount of time), on top of the usual clothes, XP boots, etc.

[quote name='r9800pro']There is no such thing as enough disk space :cry:

[/QUOTE]

OMFG THAT IS fuck amount of hard drives on 1 pc. Do you actually have that many drives in your PC or is it all partitions. If its not partitions do you mind adding a pic of your PC, so I can see how huge it must be with all those HD?

[quote name='ZiggyGod']So I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon and I can CONFIRM that you indeed do get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 for free with your purchase as of right now. If you are like me who was on a 24 hour guest pass you can use the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 on the character you already have created. You claim your items via the in game store under "claim items".

Here is a pic below for proof. But I do not know if you still get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 if you hold on to your key and activate the game on a later date.

http://i.imgur.com/Ifl3l.jpg[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm a moron for buying TSW for $24 on New Year's Eve b/c that was "supposedly" the last day to get those freebies.

[quote name='Tolyngee']With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...[/QUOTE]

In for 2 :)

[quote name='r9800pro']There is no such thing as enough disk space :cry:

hddsk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that just a bunch of partitions or do you really have like a dozen 300GB drives? Haha. I have 3 2TB drives myself.

I'm on the fence with Hotline Miami, would like to buy it, but all those reported problems and complaints on steam discussion forum are putting me off. Anyone here have problems running this game? (On Win 8)

[quote name='ZiggyGod']OMFG THAT IS fuck amount of hard drives on 1 pc. Do you actually have that many drives in your PC or is it all partitions. If its not partitions do you mind adding a pic of your PC, so I can see how huge it must be with all those HD?[/QUOTE]

8 Internal and 3 External :

hdds2.jpg

Rest of the specs are:

Core i7 920 @4.25 with Noctua NH-D14
Asus Rampage III Extreme
6GB Triple Channel OCZ Blade DDR3 2025 9-9-9-24-1T
HD6990+HD6970@950Mhz/6Ghz GDDR5 Tri-Fire
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB SSD + 12.0TB of HDDs
X-Fi Titanium-Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition

[quote name='unknown0']Is amazon going to price match the darksiders franchise pack on steam? Tony?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the same deal, possibly better (if we include it in the EC list, which we're still discussing), so we're not matching today.
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this, it convinced me to hold out and wait for Amazon deal instead of Steam. Missed the first Darksiders Franchise sale on Amazon :/

[quote name='r9800pro']8 Internal and 3 External :

Rest of the specs are:

Asus Rampage III Extreme
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition[/QUOTE]

That is insane. My hat is off to your uber pc. :)

Wow!! Fantastic job, Tony, on the new structure of the OP! I really like it. It's informative for new CAG's & vets alike. The choices you made on the placement of topics, the font size, the numbered FAQ's, including the console currecy, and just really impresses me. With past iterations I could take them or leave them, but if they functioned well for you, that's what counted the most. It seems like you struck a perfect balance now (I hope).

I just wanted to give props where they are due, and the OP (or the 1st 2 posts) is remarkable, bud. It's clear, concise, and keeps me from having to go back & forth between normal font size & squinting. Keep up the great work! :applause:

I didn't realize Amazon sells Microsoft Points digitally. Now if I buy a GFWL game I can get the DLC without giving MS my credit info(I've had issues with their customer service in the past).

Keep up the good work Tony.

Hmm, another thought on price match requests (apart from the "less us about a lower price" on Amazon product pages would be to have a link to another thread with a wiki'd OP where people can post their post their price match requests. What do you think?

I know I'm not the only one sick of the endless repeats of pricematch requests -- doubly so for the ones without the decency to link to both other sale and the corresponding Amazon product. (Esp, since a good segment of requests aren't on Amazon DVG, e.g. Bethesda, Torchlight 2.)

Tony - any chance of seeing Dark Souls again in January with the coupon option? I missed the deal and feel bad about it as it was my only gam of interest :whistle2:/

[quote name='r9800pro']8 Internal and 3 External :

Rest of the specs are:

Asus Rampage III Extreme
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition[/QUOTE]
You got a really good Bloomfield to get that OC on air. Is it a D0 stepping, or do you know? Great rig, too.

Is having the 6990+6970 the same as tri-crossfire 6970's, or is it like Nvidia where you only get the least common denominator (so to speak)?

[quote name='smurfinaus']Thanks for the new look on the OP. Great work Tony :). Now only if you guys sold Bioware points as well ;)[/QUOTE]
This!

Guys, I don't mind if you go somewhat off topic when it's related to the deal, but there has to be a limit. If someone asks if a game is worth buying, you can go into reasons why it's good or why you liked it, but don't go posting entire endgame spoilers. Marked or not, it doesn't matter. That type of discussion belongs in a different thread entirely.

This thread is about the deals themselves.

oh plz some 1 answer me before the offer end
if i bought fifa 13 from amazon will it work with no problems without origin coz i want to sell it after sometime ?

oh plz some 1 answer me before the offer end
if i bought fifa 13 from amazon will it work with no problems without origin coz i want to sell it after sometime ?

[quote name='gigaislam']oh plz some 1 answer me before the offer end
if i bought fifa 13 from amazon will it work with no problems without origin coz i want to sell it after sometime ?[/QUOTE]

FIFA 13 requires Origin. You won't be able to resell it because it ties the key to your account, and reselling Origin accounts is against the TOS.

[quote name='twztid13']You got a really good Bloomfield to get that OC on air. Is it a D0 stepping, or do you know? Great rig, too.

Is having the 6990+6970 the same as tri-crossfire 6970's, or is it like Nvidia where you only get the least common denominator (so to speak)?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it is a D0 and voltage is 1.31v (the golden 384 batch) :D

Perfromance wise, HD 6990+ HD 6970 is the same as 3x HD 6970 but the HD 6990 must be running at AUSUM OC mode (880 core) and GDDR5 set to 1375. The only differences are 2 PCIE vs 3 PCIE and with HD6990+HD6970 configuration when disabling CrossfireX you only disable HD 6970 because HD 6990's own CF can never be disabled.

[quote name='Genocidal']FIFA 13 requires Origin. You won't be able to resell it because it ties the key to your account, and reselling Origin accounts is against the TOS.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the reply but can u explain to me what this post is supposed to mean
EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Thanks for the new look on the OP. Great work Tony :). Now only if you guys sold Bioware points as well ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='twztid13']This![/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! Would be even nicer if EA did away with the inane Bioware points.

Stupid question here, (I didn't buy anything from Amazon so no coupon for me) but is the coupon reusable or something? Everyone seems to list the prices with the coupon applied, and if you can only use it once I don't see the point.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Stupid question here, (I didn't buy anything from Amazon so no coupon for me) but is the coupon reusable or something? Everyone seems to list the prices with the coupon applied, and if you can only use it once I don't see the point.[/QUOTE]

The coupons are one time use, but you could get more than one. I might be wrong, but I think even cheap pieces of dlc were eligible for the coupons... and some people may have bought cheap dlc for that.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Stupid question here, (I didn't buy anything from Amazon so no coupon for me) but is the coupon reusable or something? Everyone seems to list the prices with the coupon applied, and if you can only use it once I don't see the point.[/QUOTE]

We got one per Amazon DVG purchase 16 Nov to 31 Dec. That's why a bunch of us have a pile of them (8 left myself).

[quote name='asheskitty']We got one per Amazon DVG purchase 16 Nov to 31 Dec. That's why a bunch of us have a pile of them (8 left myself).[/QUOTE]

Ahh that makes much more sense, thank you. I thought it was one per Amazon account.

just registered the secret world and it is 15 minutes til midnight their time so it will be 1-7
so if that is when the free content ends, i suggest you hurry

[quote name='woodcan']Damn, I thought I had through end of today to get Dark Souls for $19.99-$5 coupon code.
Oh well.[/QUOTE]That was fast. It was $17.99.

[quote name='Larce80']I would but not for a 15gb download right now[/QUOTE]

i wish it was only 15 gb
then i could download it
its over 30gb
i'm gonna need to wait

[quote name='tham1988']i wish it was only 15 gb
then i could download it
its over 30gb
i'm gonna need to wait[/QUOTE]
lol definitely not then

[quote name='tham1988']i don't understand why everyone is worried about mass effect dlc
the only good one between both games is lair of the shadow broker (if thats more than $10/ you can't only buy $10 of bioware points then i understand)[/QUOTE]
I quite like Overlord too.

If I had coupon I probably would have gotten TSW. It no longer has a monthly fee btw.

I'm guessing there are no other cheap ways to get a coupon currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back