Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fluxy']i was going to stop but i heard that alice complete was going to be on sale anytime soon, so that will be my last. my backlog is huge and i havent even beaten any game in my steam account. the only games i beat in my life was diablo 2,3 and grandia for the dreamcast[/QUOTE]Yeah, you better start playing :D
[quote name='60fps']I just want the next batch of games announced. Specifically the Sega, WB, and THQ games. I still haven't bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. I've been hoping it would be $5 in the EC since it was a big deal all year and had to be a top seller several time along with the base game.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see some paradox bundle ...

[quote name='Tolyngee']Chinese new year isn't for another five weeks...[/QUOTE]
Fluxy's location says Seattle... which isn't in China. ;)

[quote name='Detruire']Fluxy's location says Seattle... which isn't in China. ;)[/QUOTE]

Amazing how many people haven't yet accepted that the USA is already a Republic of China.

It'll be official soon enough...

[quote name='Tolyngee']Amazing how many people haven't yet accepted that the USA is already a Republic of China.

It'll be official soon enough...[/QUOTE]

Not China, but extra-terrestrials. I for one welcome our alien overlords.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Walking Dead's a visual novel, which TellTale has been moving towards for a while now as it's the main evolution for the adventure genre that wants to focus more on story and characters. It's not really pretending to be anything else but a story with multiple choices. If you're familiar with the genre already you probably won't be impressed in the first place with it, but will enjoy it. If you're not familiar with the genre then either you'll find out it's actually a fantastic one done right and love the game or find that it's not for you. I haven't really seen any VN fans rave over it, but have seen the opposite quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I love VNs, and while The Walking Dead does have some VN aspects to it, I never saw it as one. I think it being an interactive movie is a more accurate description.

Calling it a VN is like me calling Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy a VN. They're very focused on telling a story but are more like interactive movies which VNs aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwertyaas']Wanted to get BF3 Premium until I realized I haven't even played BF3 in 6 months or so. Decisions...[/QUOTE]

Same.

TWD crossed off my list, only one left I really have interest for the game+price would be Dark Souls. Could've had it for $13 but passed. Too bad Max Payne 3 is gone too, time to wait on the upcoming additions.

[quote name='walkonshadows']There will be a confirmation page showing any discounts that apply before you are charged, AS LONG AS:
1. Any debit cards you have listed as payment options DO NOT have "PIN-less" transactions enabled and
You DO NOT have any "1-Click Settings" enabled on your account.

You can check both in your account settings. 1-Click has it's own entry, for opt-ing out of PIN-Less debit transaction, you will need to review the cards already added to you account and change the setting for each individual card.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I have both a debit card (that I do not use a PIN for) and 1-click turned on and I still get a confirmation page.

[quote name='60fps']I just want the next batch of games announced. Specifically the Sega, WB, and THQ games. I still haven't bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. I've been hoping it would be $5 in the EC since it was a big deal all year and had to be a top seller several time along with the base game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed to the for next announcement. Waiting patiently for Syndicate myself. (I know, I know, I for thought for too long while it was previously on sale.) Regarding SR3 Season Pass, you're not missing much and this is coming from someone that likes to have all adds-content DLC for games. I finally played through it after beating the vanilla game on PS3 and PC and while it was enjoyable to have more SR3 play time, I can honestly say, I'd have been fine without it. Hindsight.

[quote name='TheDailyGamepad']What coupon? I looked before and did not find this discount.[/QUOTE]

Purchases of Digital Download Video Games from Amazon since Black Friday to the end of 2012 were given bonuses, including a $5 coupon to be used towards games on Amazon's Editor's Choice List throughout the month of January.

[quote name='TheDailyGamepad']What coupon? I looked before and did not find this discount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your purchase from the Amazon Digital Games Store. Below are a selection of games hand-picked by our editorial staff as the hottest titles of 2012. Customers who receive $5 promotional credits during November and December may use their code on any of these games starting January 1, 2013.

when you check the 2012 Editor's Choice Games list that the fist line i copy pasted from the page you had too buy a game or select dlc during dec/nov too get $5 promo

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony, do you have any plans on selling Steam wallet codes?[/QUOTE]

Seems doubtful to me since they are competing with Steam.

[quote name='Fluxy']i was going to stop but i heard that alice complete was going to be on sale anytime soon, so that will be my last. my backlog is huge and i havent even beaten any game in my steam account. the only games i beat in my life was diablo 2,3 and grandia for the dreamcast[/QUOTE]

I own 289 games across 3 platforms

I have beaten 4 of them :cry:

[quote name='momouchi']Seems doubtful to me since they are competing with Steam.[/QUOTE]

gamestop does have cards in stores. No direct sales of codes far as I can tell. Perhaps for that reason there too.

[quote name='tjs09']I own 289 games across 3 platforms

I have beaten 4 of them :cry:[/QUOTE]
What kind of beaten are you talking? 100%'d, including things like skill points, bonuses, etc.? Completed the story / unlocked all of the non-hidden items (eg: tracks, boards, characters)?

If the latter: :hot:

[quote name='Detruire']What kind of beaten are you talking? 100%'d, including things like skill points, bonuses, etc.? Completed the story / unlocked all of the non-hidden items (eg: tracks, boards, characters)?

If the latter: :hot:[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the latter. 289 games ain't bad tho

[quote name='despair1991']made my first purchase on steam this sale since amazon has been crushing steam (For me at least) so far. Hopefully Tony doesn't make me regret it by putting batman arkham city goty at 2.50 after coupon lol
Also, put me in the camp of people excited for the upcoming alice + Dragon Age packs.
Hopefully we will get prices and dates from Tony soon.
If I recall, last time DA1+Da2 was 10 and alice 7.50, so hopefully alice complete and DA1+DA2 will be in that range again before coupon[/QUOTE]

You really could regret it, since Tony is in negotiations with WB :)

[quote name='Detruire']What kind of beaten are you talking? 100%'d, including things like skill points, bonuses, etc.? Completed the story / unlocked all of the non-hidden items (eg: tracks, boards, characters)?

If the latter: :hot:[/QUOTE]

Not even 100%. Just completed the stories on Bastion and Mass Effect. Did everything I could do in SWKOTOR and played through Binary Domain twice

Oh, and I just realized that I was counting the Mass Effect series as one game, so it's actually six out of 289. :applause:

[quote name='tjs09']Not even 100%. Just completed the stories on Bastion and Mass Effect. Did everything I could do in SWKOTOR and played through Binary Domain twice

Oh, and I just realized that I was counting the Mass Effect series as one game, so it's actually six out of 289. :applause:[/QUOTE]

My God. 6 out of 289 #-o you really need to stop buying games and start Playing dude. :twoguns:

[quote name='heroes159']My God. 6 out of 289 #-o you really need to stop buying games and start Playing dude. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know that buying games IS THE GAME?

[quote name='tjs09']Not even 100%. Just completed the stories on Bastion and Mass Effect. Did everything I could do in SWKOTOR and played through Binary Domain twice

Oh, and I just realized that I was counting the Mass Effect series as one game, so it's actually six out of 289. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I've beaten as many as that on PS2 alone... and I hardly ever beat games. :whistle2:#

FYI Upcoming deals will be posted soon, including pricing on the Alice Complete and Dragon Age Packs ($11.99 and $12.99 respectively pre-coupon, yes they will be added to the EC list).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Upcoming deals will be posted soon, including pricing on the Alice Complete and Dragon Age Packs ($11.99 and $12.99 respectively pre-coupon, yes they will be added to the EC list).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Amazing, thanks.

[quote name='soulkyo']Didn't you know that buying games IS THE GAME?[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's the shopping and owning of the game that becomes the addiction, playing the game is the cherry on top. As a rehab'd pirate I can tell you acquiring and owning a million floppy disks was the true addiction.

I spent way more on floppy's and tapes and telephone charges back then than I do on owning the games now. I just noticed they now show how much you spent on steam in the account page. My $$ spent is scary (1,207) on 569 games wastedonsteam estimates a value of 5800$, so that makes me feel a little better. Games actually completed for me is about 3 :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI Upcoming deals will be posted soon, including pricing on the Alice Complete and Dragon Age Packs ($11.99 and $12.99 respectively pre-coupon, yes they will be added to the EC list).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
did the secret world sale only last 24 hours or will it revert back to 17.99

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
$1 more than last year on the DA pack? Oh dear... that makes for a hard decision! :whistle2:k

Part of me was hoping the deal on Alice wasn't going to be amazing so I could finally stop buying games but that is a great deal! I'm going to have to buy it.

[quote name='Germinator']Will the MAX Payne 3 deal come back? At this rate my coupons would have gone to waste. The months fly by! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Tony has said in the past he's working on it for later in January but nothing is confirmed so don't get crazy if it doesn't work out.

Hey Tony,
So "Saint's Row The 3rd" is currently one of the EC games for $39.99. Yet "Saint's Row the 3rd: The Full Package" is $14.99. Any chance of switching "The Full Package" version as the EC choice instead?
Thanks,
EGWill

[quote name='Detruire']$1 more than last year on the DA pack? Oh dear... that makes for a hard decision! :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Edit: I was wrong and you were right lol.

[quote name='Germinator']Will the MAX Payne 3 deal come back? At this rate my coupons would have gone to waste. The months fly by! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Was Syndicate supposed to be on sale at some point or did I miss it? Amazon has the physical copy on sale for $7.99.[/QUOTE]

Tony, said it will go on sale at some point this month with the EC coupon.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Edit: I was wrong and you were right lol.

Working on it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Edited in the time that it took me to get the Slickdeals tab back up to reference and click the quote button.

(And for a second there I thought the "Working on it" line was related. :whistle2:( )

[quote name='Detruire']Edited in the time that it took me to get the Slickdeals tab back up to reference and click the quote button.

(And for a second there I thought the "Working on it" line was related. :whistle2:( )[/QUOTE]

Haha QUICK ON THE TRIGGER!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='EGWill']Hey Tony,
So "Saint's Row The 3rd" is currently one of the EC games for $39.99. Yet "Saint's Row the 3rd: The Full Package" is $14.99. Any chance of switching "The Full Package" version as the EC choice instead?
Thanks,
EGWill[/QUOTE]
It would be great if we also could see just SR3 Season Pass on the EC list.

Hm.. Not a bad deal on Alice for people that don't already have Madness Returns, but I think I'm gonna pass on it considering I have Madness Returns on 360 and Steam. Alice Madness Returns was also around $2.50 after credit last year, doesn't seem worth the extra $4.50 to me to get Alice Complete, but what can I say.. I'm cheap ;)

[quote name='stoned99']I agree, it's the shopping and owning of the game that becomes the addiction, playing the game is the cherry on top. As a rehab'd pirate I can tell you acquiring and owning a million floppy disks was the true addiction.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all you said and will add something I like: the hunt. The research and evaluation of "the prey". The reading, "youtubeing" and asking about the game... To see if you will like it and (eventually) play it. Is all part of the "CAG buying experience" IMHO.

I always think my kids someday will play all my backlog

Bit on TSW. Planned to do the intro stuff last night, ended up playing until 2 AM. Really impressed and I never would have played it without CAG and Tony!

[quote name='kraken613']What is the coupon that is being talked about on the OP?[/QUOTE]

Any digital game you bought from Amazon between mid-November to the end of the December gave you a $5 credit that can be used on Editor's Choice games this January. It will automatically apply at checkout if you qualify.

[quote name='Iron Angel']Any digital game you bought from Amazon between mid-November to the end of the December gave you a $5 credit that can be used on Editor's Choice games this January. It will automatically apply at checkout if you qualify.[/QUOTE]

^ That should be mentioned in OP, too.

[quote name='amundsjm']Bit on TSW. Planned to do the intro stuff last night, ended up playing until 2 AM. Really impressed and I never would have played it without CAG and Tony![/QUOTE]

Same boat. Don't forget a shout-out to Idiotekque, though.

[quote name='stoned99']
I spent way more on floppy's and tapes and telephone charges back then than I do on owning the games now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, floppies weren't cheap. On 5.25" your could turn single sided floppies into double sided floppies by using a hole punch to creat a second notch. However, I hope you figured out the dead-cheap 3.5" floppy-box trick -- half-gallon milk cartons. I got lucky and noticed a local post office dumping large volume of AOL mailers with AOL floppies. It was a total pain opening all those mailers for floppies, but I was set for life (of the floppy era). That said they were cheapo floppies and had a pretty modest rate of bad sectors, so you always wanted to verify them before using. Thanks to that I never got mixed up in the Floptical or Zip drives and went straight to CD-Rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back