Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll need to get Spec Ops and the Crazy Action Pack, because no guarantee that there will be anything to use my three certificates on in the second half of the month. Unfortunately, I'm kinda lukewarm to all of those games, but at a price of $7.50 for 4 games, it is kinda hard to pass up when otherwise you could get nothing.

[quote name='Mooby']If you set yourself up with unreasonable expectations you'll invariably be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Is it unreasonable to expect that a game be cheaper with a coupon on Amazon? Than that same game be cheaper or same price on another site's sale?

Two or three good deals on the list, but already have them.

Coupons spent 0 of 6

[quote name='georgebot84']Is it unreasonable to expect that a game be cheaper with a coupon on Amazon? Than that same game be cheaper or same price on another site's sale?

Coupons spent 0 of 6[/QUOTE]

Days gone 7 of 31.

Lots of time :)

[quote name='shezbot']Isn't Steam's "Crysis Franchise" just the first one and Warhead for $9.99. I don't recall Crysis 2 being included (I could very well be wrong though).[/QUOTE]

crysis 2 is in the Steam's crysis franchise

[quote name='georgebot84']Is it unreasonable to expect that a game be cheaper with a coupon on Amazon? Than that same game be cheaper or same price on another site's sale?

Coupons spent 0 of 6[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of a site that had a better deal on those EA titles. Steam didn't even do a feature sale on most of those games. Keep in mind I have zero interest in EA games but, again, that doesn't make them bad deals.

[quote name='shezbot']Isn't Steam's "Crysis Franchise" just the first one and Warhead for $9.99. I don't recall Crysis 2 being included (I could very well be wrong though).[/QUOTE]

Yes, Steam's deal was much worst. I think 1 game was already 9.99. Forget which one.

There have been a couple with similar names. That was one, there's another that included Crysis 2 and went on sale for $15. Amazon's deal is definitely better. Steam had Crysis 2 on its own was on sale for $10.

I still haven't spent a coupon yet. I guess I'll bite on Spec-Ops before that expires, but I really hope Batman: AC GOTY comes in at a similar price. I would have bought Syndicate if it were close to $5, but I'm not interested enough to spend that much on it.

With only 5 coupons to spend I'm trying to be careful.

[quote name='Mooby']So... those are bad deals? Just because you might own them or aren't interested in them doesn't make them bad deals.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are bad deals. Some are more expensive than last years. Others are just recycled from the entire month of December but increased in price by a convenient $5

Or are you getting moist over those 5 year old sports games? Am I browsing the used section of Gamestop or a sale from historically the best place on digital game deals to cap off the entire year?

[quote name='shezbot']As noted by Tony on Reddit:

1/11-1/13:
Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon)
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon)

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon)

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

1/11-1/12
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon)
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon)[/QUOTE]

I hope there aren't any can't-miss deals towards the end of the month, because I'll be using all my coupons in the next week, haha.

Tony, a couple others have brought this up, but I wasn't sure if there's ever been an answer. A lot of us already have Alice: Madness Returns and would just like to buy the first one without getting another copy of its sequel (which is quite the fun game). Do you know if there are any plans to sell the first Alice game by itself in the future? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :)

[quote name='hailey']Yes, they are bad deals. Some are more expensive than last years. Others are just recycled from the entire month of December but increased in price by a convenient $5

Or are you getting moist over those 5 year old sports games? Am I browsing the used section of Gamestop or a sale from historically the best place on digital game deals to cap off the entire year?[/QUOTE]

Another juvenile for the ignore list. But to counter: Aside from the fact that those EA deals are cheaper across the board -- which you conveniently ignore -- sorry but you were never guaranteed even cheaper prices on the THQ stuff.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Tony, a couple others have brought this up, but I wasn't sure if there's ever been an answer. A lot of us already have Alice: Madness Returns and would just like to buy the first one without getting another copy of its sequel (which is quite the fun game). Do you know if there are any plans to sell the first Alice game by itself in the future? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :)[/QUOTE]

Does he even have American McGee's Alice available for download? I would guess not, since I think this pack is the only way to get it in downloadable form. (Legally, that is.)

[quote name='shezbot']As noted by Tony on Reddit:

1/11-1/13:
Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon)
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon)

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon)

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

1/11-1/12
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon)
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon)[/QUOTE]
have all but NFS, EA sports and Alice which Im not really interested in :cry:

IIRC Steam had (Winter or Autumn, I forget, maybe both) Crysis 1 Max for $7.50, Crysis 2 for $10, or buy them together for a few cents more. With limited activations, buying from Amazon is an advantage.

[quote name='Mooby']Another juvenile for the ignore list. But to counter: Aside from the fact that those EA deals are cheaper across the board -- which you conveniently ignore -- sorry but you were never guaranteed even cheaper prices on the THQ stuff.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about that myself, and then I saw your post. I find myself agreeing with Mooby more and more lately, and that scares me. ^_~

Edit: yeah 17 posts since July, I won't be missing anything

[quote name='hailey']Yes, they are bad deals. Some are more expensive than last years. Others are just recycled from the entire month of December but increased in price by a convenient $5

Or are you getting moist over those 5 year old sports games? Am I browsing the used section of Gamestop or a sale from historically the best place on digital game deals to cap off the entire year?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='forthenguyen']If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MC Kage']Will have to bite on the DS Franchise pack this time.

Also, I'll split for Madden 08 on the classic pack if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='TheLongshot']Does he even have American McGee's Alice available for download? I would guess not, since I think this pack is the only way to get it in downloadable form. (Legally, that is.)[/QUOTE]

I think on PC or console you cannot buy it separately anywhere digitally.

[quote name='Mooby']I'm not aware of a site that had a better deal on those EA titles. Steam didn't even do a feature sale on most of those games. Keep in mind I have zero interest in EA games but, again, that doesn't make them bad deals.[/QUOTE]

Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
DA pack has been cheaper from Amazon in the past w/o coupon.
EA sports pack has been 3.99 prior from Amazon as well w/o coupon.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though.

My point was that I was disappointed with the fact that the coupons were not turning out to be any real plus over other deals. It was my opinion.

You are allowed to express your satisfaction with these deals, and I am allowed to display my disappointment:)

by the way I had stated that Hotline Miami deal is good previously, I also think all the THQ deals are good except maybe SRTT

[quote name='georgebot84']
You are allowed to express your satisfaction with these deals, and I am allowed to display my disappointment:)
[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm just expressing my disappointment with your disappointment.

Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.[/QUOTE]

This works with the complete version or any version?

[quote name='georgebot84']My point was that I was disappointed with the fact that the coupons were not turning out to be any real plus over other deals. It was my opinion.

You are allowed to express your satisfaction with these deals, and I am allowed to display my disappointment:)[/QUOTE]

As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" for example:

Edit: added this:

"Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though."

awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']
Tony, a couple others have brought this up, but I wasn't sure if there's ever been an answer. A lot of us already have Alice: Madness Returns and would just like to buy the first one without getting another copy of its sequel (which is quite the fun game). Do you know if there are any plans to sell the first Alice game by itself in the future? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheLongshot']Does he even have American McGee's Alice available for download? I would guess not, since I think this pack is the only way to get it in downloadable form. (Legally, that is.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.[/QUOTE]

This is a good question. I'll hit up EA about it, but I'm like 99% sure the only way to get the original on PC is through this pack outside of the method aShufflinZombie describes above, which I'm not really clear about.

[quote name='pablo_vllj']Those aren't all the deals that are going to be available these month, are they?[/QUOTE]

Negative, more deals will pop up throughout the month.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']I know, I'm just expressing my disappointment with your disappointment.[/QUOTE]

This forum's purpose is to express opinions about Amazon's deals.

You're just arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.

[quote name='georgebot84']This forum's purpose is to express opinions about Amazon's deals.

You're just arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.[/QUOTE]

See my previous post about thread derailment, also, please stop.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX", awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I stated my reasons in another post

thanx

No, it's not available as a separate download, but I was wondering if this might change. You can buy it as a physical disc, but the cheapest price for this right now is $31 used on Amazon and $25 used on eBay, making it much more cost-effective to get the collection and rebuy Madness Returns.

[quote name='georgebot84']I stated my reasons in another post

thanx[/QUOTE]

/agreed, sorry I meant to be more explicit and will edit my original post. I meant to include this as an example of useful feedback.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='georgebot84']I stated my reasons in another post

thanx[/QUOTE]

If you're going to use this logic then EA had a lot of these games for free with the Origin Glitch. :roll:

I am probably in for Syndicate. Is the DLC worth getting the complete edition if I have DAO and DA already?

[quote name='aus_nacht']This works with the complete version or any version?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I read the rest of the thread and it appears that it does not. I'm really sorry. :whistle2:(

[quote name='pablo_vllj']Those aren't all the deals that are going to be available these month, are they?[/QUOTE]
q8BwO.png

q8BwO.png

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
......If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" ....... [/QUOTE]

I will buy Far Cry 3 at 25% off at ~$37 [also the same as the STEAM Sale price].
Sorry Tony, I saw an opening and had to take it :D

Keep up the good work :applause:

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Sorry I read the rest of the thread and it appears that it does not. I'm really sorry. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It was a bonus if you pre-ordered on Origin. I have (non-steam) Alice:MR on Origin didn't get Mcgee's Alice in my install. This is why it was interesting when Tony mentioned a week or so back about that Alice pack.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I will buy Far Cry 3 at 25% off at ~$37 [also the same as the STEAM Sale price].
Sorry Tony, I saw an opening and had to take it :D

Keep up the good work :applause:[/QUOTE]

Oh I'll walk right back through that open door :).

Why didn't you buy it when it was ~$37 (we price matched that sale, and it was in January so you could have used a coupon to get it for $32).

Edit: How do I make the little clapping man?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Iron Angel']If you're going to use this logic then EA had a lot of these games for free with the Origin Glitch. :roll:

I am probably in for Syndicate. Is the DLC worth getting the complete edition if I have DAO and DA already?[/QUOTE]
because a glitch is the same as previous legit sales? You're not making any sense while he is. These prices are the same as before in some cases only we are using up a coupon to get it. Thats legit feedback.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I'm redownloading it again throught Origin because that version is about 600mb larger than the Steam version so there may still be hope. I'll report back.[/QUOTE]

I registered a non-Steam GamersGate key of Alice: Madness Returns on Origin a while ago, but it didn't download Alice 1, just Alice 2. It DID download all of the DLC dresses, which are included in all the versions of the game, just hidden (I think you can access them by changing a few lines in one of the config files).

[quote name='Larce80']because a glitch is the same as previous legit sales? You're not making any sense while he is. These prices are the same as before in some cases only we are using up a coupon to get it. Thats legit feedback.[/QUOTE]

For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?

[quote name='60fps']I still haven't spent a coupon yet. I guess I'll bite on Spec-Ops before that expires,[/QUOTE]
buy it...it's short (6-7 hours), but sweet.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh I'll walk right back through that open door :).

Why didn't you buy it when it was ~$37 (we price matched that sale, and it was in January so you could have used a coupon to get it for $32).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

clapping guy is ":whistle2:applause:" without dash

Your right! I waited and missed the sale; although I didn't use the coupon as I thought that might be "coupon abuse"; price rolled over on Jan 1st.

Though, I'll probably grab MP3 when it comes back at the end of the sale.
Thanks Tony :bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh I'll walk right back through that open door :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Put "applause" between 2 ":" or just click on the gif smily

:D

[quote name='Larce80']because a glitch is the same as previous legit sales? You're not making any sense while he is. These prices are the same as before in some cases only we are using up a coupon to get it. Thats legit feedback.[/QUOTE]

/agreed it is legit feedback, my feedback to the feedback is,

"Sorry the deal might not be for you this time because it is a repeat. Here are some examples of people in this very community that don't think it is a disappointing deal":

[quote name='forthenguyen']If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MC Kage']Will have to bite on the DS Franchise pack this time.

Also, I'll split for Madden 08 on the classic pack if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']clapping guy is ":whistle2:applause:" without dash

Your right! I waited and missed the sale; although I didn't use the coupon as I thought that might be "coupon abuse"; price rolled over on Jan 1st.

Though, I'll probably grab MP3 when it comes back at the end of the sale.
Thanks Tony :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Word :) ALSO, in response to FC3, it'll be $39.99 pre-coupon on 1/22 only.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" for example:

Edit: added this:

awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say these deals were bad, don't think I've ever said I was disappointed, when I said I wasn't interested in anything else. I just noticed that DS2 was on the list, along with the previous DS Franchise deal and your mention of possibly bringing it back when saying you wouldn't PM Steam's deal, thought I would express my appreciation if the deal were to come back and on the list. Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way, and keep doing what you're doing!

[quote name='Iron Angel']For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?[/QUOTE]

So what is the reward for the coupon? if you're going to use it as a incentive to buy other things why make the game cost the exact amount it did without the coupon?

[quote name='Iron Angel']For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has anything to do with hoping it's free. I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back