Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrodri86']I got the Tantalizing Medley with the THQ coupon mostly because of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Space Marine, no regrets there. I was just hoping for the same deal on the SRTT stuff on January :cry:.

I got Spec Ops as well (so far Amalur, TWD and Spec Ops for me).[/QUOTE]

Amalur's pretty good. Though, the Dead Kel DLC is great!
Spec Ops: The Line is probably my favorite military shooter in 2012.
STALKER: SOC is great. SOC and Call of Pripyat are my two favorites in the STALKER series.
SR:TT is just insane - and a blast. I haven't touch any of the DLC yet.
I'm on TWD: Episode 3 - and it's been a great adventure game, so far.

Man, you can't go wrong w/ any of those games.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Yeah, I could probably live with Syberia 1 & 2 being included. :) Why do I always see these things AFTER sales end?[/QUOTE]

+1 to this, I'm in the same boat! :)

Not sure if you still want sales feedback (and hope it doesn't violate post #2), but here:

I thought Hotline Miami is a great price after coupon. I bought it without hesitation.
Walking Dead is also a great price, considering I paid more for it not that long ago.
Spec Ops, Desert to Sea, The Darkness 2, Crazy Action Pack are pretty good deals as well.

Most of the newer games, I'm not interested in getting for much. The problem is that I basically got Assassins Creed 3 with a t-shirt for $20 from BBY. So there's basically no way I can spend more than that on a PC version that can't be traded in.

Dark Souls is just on the border for me when it was a couple dollars cheaper. I bought it, but I probably could have waited for a price drop.

Borderlands 2 is an ok price, but slightly high, IMO. Like Assassins Creed 3, I had this one on PS3, though two copies on PC is much more enjoyable (thanks Tony).

The MMOs I'm not buying at any price.

I think the most disappointing about the sale is two things:
1) Prices being as cheap during the previous month, or same price without coupon (such as Saints Row 3), and
2) Very few cheap niche games like Hotline Miami.

I would have liked to have seen a slighly cheaper price after coupon than the previous vanilla sales, even if it was only $0.50 or $1.00 less.

I would have also liked to have seen more "impulse buy" items in the sales for $2.00-$5.00 after coupon. Games like Deponia, Unwritten Tales, and Drakensang (all of which I already bought, but just giving examples).

New releases are very hard for me to buy at $30 even, because I often would have to buy two copies on PC vs one on console, so it ends up costing more. But I'm sure I'm a special case in that regard.

Edit: Oh, and Amalur's a great price, but I already bought it when you had a sale on it awhile back.

I've seen Tony post replies to people about upcoming discounts later this month like The Run, Alice and Far Cry. Are these getting compiled into a list somewhere? There nothing in the first post and I'm sure I've missed some in this giant thread.

And I'm perplexed how Xcom could be as low < 20 at places but Fall of Cybertron never went below 30. I feel like I'll be waiting for the summer sales, but I'll hold on to my coupon as long as I can just in case it makes the list.

[quote name='xRidley']DSFix makes the PC Dark Souls by far the best on any platform, by a few miles. Plus you get all the DLC released up to this point.
True 1080P rendering
Anti-aliasing or whatever nicer graphic effects you want
All DLC
Texture Replacements
Framerate problems fixed, run at a solid 60+fps

Though yeah I agree that GFWL sucks.[/QUOTE]
Does the 60 FPS fix work right, though? I heard it messed things up and could get you banned from GFWL.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?

BTW, how did Toilet Tycoon do on sales? :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='monkeyz']I whole heartily support this, a deal on this and even Titan Quest Gold would be super awesome. Lol I totally missed the Toilet Tycoon sale, hopefully that will return lol.[/QUOTE]

I would also buy the MX vs ATV game if it went on sale for a decent price. It's one of the few THQ that I still don't own.

I did notice Toilet Tycoon made it into the top 10 casual games on Amazon for a while. It never got up to number 1 or anything but I think it hovered around 8-10 for a bit.

Apparently the Mumbo Jumbo stuff is kicking everyone else's casual ass.

I feel like those Casual games are a whole different world that never gets talked about here unlike the core games or even the F2P stuff.

[quote name='TheLongshot']
My feeling with this promo is that I'm playing "Let's Make A Deal". Either I take what is presented to me up front, which are some good deals but nothing that would be on my wishlist. Or, do I wait to see behind the curtain to see if it is something I want more? Course, if I do that, it could just be the booby prize and I'm left holding a coupon that does me no good. I understand Tony is continuing to negotiate deals for sales, but the uncertainty might force me to pick up some lesser games to feel like I'm taking advantage of the deal.
[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I took the presented 9 copies of Hotline Miami for free only for a very limited time instead of waiting for what's behind the curtain. :p

I remember my parents telling me years ago when they would come back from Atlantic City with very minor winnings that their philosophy is quit while you're ahead.

The EC stuff has been pretty meh for me overall. (am I allowed to say that now?) A lot of that is because I have a ton of games already to be sure, but there were some other factors.

EA in particular did some really eyeroll worthy stuff in raising the prices of their games just as the EC $5 promo hit by about $5 or so over what they had been around Christmas time or Black Friday. I kind of felt like 'Really? You didn't think we would notice?'. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of the $5.

They might as well had just not put those games on the EC list and then just ran them at the price they wanted rather than doing some stupid shell game of making you think you're getting an extra $5 off.

The Command and Conquer pack is an excellent example:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Command-Conquer-Ultimate-Collection-Online/product/B009IR1SR0

new.png

So Black Friday it's $24.99. December 15th it's $24.99 again. Then suddenly January hits and it's $30. Really? :roll:

I don't care if they want to sell it for $25 but call a spade a spade and don't trick us into feeling like we are getting a better deal than we really are.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the THQ published games I don't own on Steam, I would definitely pick up the following as Steam keys for $5 or less:

MX vs ATV Reflex
You Don't Know Jack
Frontlines: Fuel of War (no longer for sale on Steam)
World of Zoo

[quote name='fbTurbine']I've seen Tony post replies to people about upcoming discounts later this month like The Run, Alice and Far Cry. Are these getting compiled into a list somewhere? There nothing in the first post and I'm sure I've missed some in this giant thread.

And I'm perplexed how Xcom could be as low < 20 at places but Fall of Cybertron never went below 30. I feel like I'll be waiting for the summer sales, but I'll hold on to my coupon as long as I can just in case it makes the list.[/QUOTE]
If you only have one coupon, don't hold onto it all sale just because of that. Feel free to use it on something else if it catches your interest, and I'll help you grab Fall of Cybertron if it gets on the EC list. I've still got a good amount of coupons.

[quote name='xRidley']DSFix makes the PC Dark Souls by far the best on any platform, by a few miles. Plus you get all the DLC released up to this point.
True 1080P rendering
Anti-aliasing or whatever nicer graphic effects you want
All DLC
Texture Replacements
Framerate problems fixed, run at a solid 60+fps

Though yeah I agree that GFWL sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know about the mods and fixes but my decision of not picking Dark Souls was more related to my backlog. I have way to much RPGs to finish, i got The Alpha Protocol from GMG, The Witcher 2 is sitting on my inventory and now Amalur, DS will have to wait.

Tony,

I missed this in a HB 6. I didn't start getting HB until 7, wasn't even on steam when HB 6 was out. Started snagging them with the THQ one. Anyways, I'd totally bite if it were $5.99 before EC and $.99 after EC. Just some food for thought.

Thanks again,
Tanner

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, there's some logic there. I'll hit up the Strange Loop guys about it, didn't realize it was HIB previously.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']So Black Friday it's $24.99. December 15th it's $24.99 again. Then suddenly January hits and it's $30. Really? :roll:

I don't care if they want to sell it for $25 but call a spade a spade and don't trick us into feeling like we are getting a better deal than we really are.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the point that I was trying to make. Is current_price - coupon is going to be equal to past_sale_price, I'd rather just see current_price = past_sale_price and the coupon not apply to that game/bundle.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nah, I know what price it is. I guess that Tony mistakenly listed the price for it (this year) for being $1 higher than what it was last year, and then corrected it to the current price shown ($2 more than last year).

It was $7 after coupon last year.[/QUOTE]
When I asked about the two different prices that were mentioned, Tony said this:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh yea, just poor reading on my part. $13 is correct, I'll change now, the correct price is $12.99 or $7.99 after coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So it should be $1 more than last year, not $2 more.

[quote name='MysterD']Amalur's pretty good. Though, the Dead Kel DLC is great!
Spec Ops: The Line is probably my favorite military shooter in 2012.
STALKER: SOC is great. SOC and Call of Pripyat are my two favorites in the STALKER series.
SR:TT is just insane - and a blast. I haven't touch any of the DLC yet.
I'm on TWD: Episode 3 - and it's been a great adventure game, so far.

Man, you can't go wrong w/ any of those games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Spec Ops, i finished the game on the PS3 and decided to grab it for the PC. What i think i'm gonna like the most from Amalur is the combat looks like a blast to play mostly cause i'm a sucker for hack n' slash games.

Tony,

Quick question

The Crazy Action Pack: $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever
3. The Darkness II

I know the deals been up forever, but I was wondering why the DNF was not the complete edition, like it is in the other packs. Was that an oversight or intended? I also apologize, I'm sure somewhere in the nearly 1k posts it has prolly already been answered.

Thanks

[quote name='jrodri86']Agreed on Spec Ops, i finished the game on the PS3 and decided to grab it for the PC. What i think i'm gonna like the most from Amalur is the combat looks like a blast to play mostly cause i'm a sucker for hack n' slash games.[/QUOTE]

Combat in Amalur is awesome, even though the game is on the easy-side unfortunately.

[quote name='Motoki']
The EC stuff has been pretty meh for me overall. (am I allowed to say that now?) A lot of that is because I have a ton of games already to be sure, but there were some other factors.

EA in particular did some really eyeroll worthy stuff in raising the prices of their games just as the EC $5 promo hit by about $5 or so over what they had been around Christmas time or Black Friday. I kind of felt like 'Really? You didn't think we would notice?'. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of the $5.

They might as well had just not put those games on the EC list and then just ran them at the price they wanted rather than doing some stupid shell game of making you think you're getting an extra $5 off.

The Command and Conquer pack is an excellent example:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Command-Conquer-Ultimate-Collection-Online/product/B009IR1SR0

So Black Friday it's $24.99. December 15th it's $24.99 again. Then suddenly January hits and it's $30. Really? :roll:

I don't care if they want to sell it for $25 but call a spade a spade and don't trick us into feeling like we are getting a better deal than we really are.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Great feedback, here's some thoughts:

1. Yes, feedback like this isn't what is being referenced in the new rule. If you'd popped in and said, "yea these deals suck" without any of the additional information that would have been what we're talking about.

2. I think you're looking at this from the perspective of "I've seen that $25 pricepoint and passed, now I need the deal to be less than that after coupon otherwise someone is trying to trick me". This is not anyone's intent. For customers who didn't catch, or might not have known about the previous $25 deal but would have purchased, this is an opportunity for those who fit into that category, and have coupons, to get in on that deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Combat in Amalur is awesome, even though the game is on the easy-side unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

The combat is awesome, but I've lost interest in the story. I've almost completed the second town (the one with the temple) and there's nothing in the story the makes me want to play much further..

Which is sad, because like you said, the combat is the bee's knees. :wall:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']OK, now that the Steam sale is over I realize I want these games:

Of which each were apparently $2.50 during the sale and all but I think Still life were in bundles. The Gala Store has Sill Life and Still Life 2 in a bundle currently at a BTA of $3.99. What are the chances of getting all 3 (in Steamable variety?) from Amazon at a reasonable price point of say $5-$8?

[/QUOTE]

Still Life wasn't offered in a bundle. $2.50 each. In the summer sale though, it was $3.84 for both, I believe. They're probably testing the efficacy of either doing single selling or large packs only.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is not anyone's intent.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, we're talking about EA here. :roll:

They did the same thing during the "Publisher Present" event. They had all their stuff on sale for one price, and the day before the publisher coupons went into effect, they lowered the existing discounts to make everything $5 more. For example, while Sims 3 and its EPs were $10 before the coupon event ran, they bumped all the prices up to $15 the day before. Really, what's the point of them even participating in the event in the first place if they were just going to be selling the same games at the same exact prices?

I agree with the sentiment going around that is saying "If something goes up $5 before going on the EC list, it should simply not be on the EC list and be on sale for $5 less." Why? Because we purposely bought games during November and December because of the EC list. We bought them TO get coupons. That means people spent extra money because they expected bigger and new deals in January.

I'm not getting into that argument, but that's why I disagree with this "We'll raise the price $5 before putting it on the EC list" thing. You're a stand up guy, Tony, and it's awful nice of you to defend EA, but please... don't. ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sorry, we're talking about EA here. :roll:

They did the same thing during the "Publisher Present" event. They had all their stuff on sale for one price, and the day before the publisher coupons went into effect, they lowered the existing discounts to make everything $5 more. For example, while Sims 3 and its EPs were $10 before the coupon event ran, they bumped all the prices up to $15 the day before.

I agree with the sentiment going around that is saying "If something goes up $5 before going on the EC list, it should simply not be on the EC list and be on sale for $5 less." Why? Because we purposely bought games during November and December because of the EC list. We bought them TO get coupons. That means people spent extra money because they expected bigger and new deals in January.

I'm not getting into that argument, but that's why I disagree with this "We'll raise the price $5 before putting it on the EC list" thing. You're a stand up guy, Tony, and it's awful nice of you to defend EA, but please... don't. ;)[/QUOTE]
apparently not everyone sees it this way though. I know I did but I guess I learned my lesson

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey there,
2. I think you're looking at this from the perspective of "I've seen that $25 pricepoint and passed, now I need the deal to be less than that after coupon otherwise someone is trying to trick me". This is not anyone's intent. For customers who didn't catch, or might not have known about the previous $25 deal but would have purchased, this is an opportunity for those who fit into that category, and have coupons, to get in on that deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay but there was a lot of promotion here and elsewhere by you and by others of 'Buy games now and get $5 credit to use in January!'

The implication there is that you get an extra $5 off and not 'Buy games now and get a $5 coupon to use in January that will bring the price down to what you can get it for now anyway'.

I see what you are saying but I think new people that missed the deals probably missed the $5 promos too in a lot of cases, at least judging by the multiple posts in this thread asking about them recently. And I personally (and not trying to give you crap here I know the publishers are involved too) feel it's a little misleading to make a big promotion out of buy now and save an extra $5 later only to find out in some cases you really don't.

I think if you and EA wanted to do C&C for $25 for people who missed it in November and December then you should have done C&C for straight $25 in January for those people and not for $30 - $5, maybe, if you happen to have the coupon and passed on it before.

It is what it is in the end and it's not the end of my world but I just didn't care for how that all went down.

How could I know how many 5$ Credits I have?
When I go to check it "buying" something, amazons asks me to add my CC, and there is an advise: "This will be your 1-Click payment method for digital item purchases" So I cant check the final price. Im not sure if I still have credit. Thank you

[quote name='stupidproz1']Here's my embarrassing haul: (For the past 2 months)
kch2lu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This makes my haul look absolutely pathetic!

Was this seriously done over two months?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, responses will be delayed or nonexistent for the rest of the evening. I just started my first game of LoL.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]And you think the abuse was bad here sometimes :D

Everyone send him love, cause he's gonna need it after the abuse he'll be getting.

[quote name='Das_Regal']And you think the abuse was bad here sometimes :D

Everyone send him love, cause he's gonna need it after the abuse he'll be getting.[/QUOTE]
LOL
I used to play Rumble and even when I was doing well teammates would flame

[quote name='tjs09']This makes my haul look absolutely pathetic!

Was this seriously done over two months?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes. Actually a little over 2 months since its the 7th today. I would say 60% went to me and the other 40% was 4 packs of various crap where I would sell the others off to other CAGs.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
I agree with the sentiment going around that is saying "If something goes up $5 before going on the EC list, it should simply not be on the EC list and be on sale for $5 less." Why? Because we purposely bought games during November and December because of the EC list. We bought them TO get coupons. That means people spent extra money because they expected bigger and new deals in January.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't make my Syndicate disappear from the EC list! ;) I'm perfectly happy with the price point irregardless of coupon usage.

I admit I first started buying items to get the promo credit, but after I eclipsed a dozen purchases it was clear to me I'd have more coupons than I wanted. I have 22 promo credits to use and it honestly wouldn't matter to me if I didn't use a single one (but I have and am, so yay). So, in my eyes if the Nov.-Dec. sales were the cake, the EC list is the icing.

@ Tony - First off, thank you for your hard work and efforts. I do appreciate your openness with this group / thread.

I believe that Idiotekque, Mooby and Detruire among others have mentioned specific games or titles they they actually mentioned buy points for them.

I do think that some feedback i.e. "syndicate for $4 via gamefly" is legitimate in that it gives amazon a price point that CAGs or others will watch for. Yes, by now, it has been established that sites like gmg are not priced matched. Gamefly should be on the "we can match it" list.

Tony, I do not know how hard it would be, but what about a poll that people i.e. CAG could vote on which titles they were interested in. Take like the top 20 and through out price points that are reasonable and invitiing.

I can say for me personally that I rarely spend more than $10 (generally will wait until 5-7.50 based on backlog and how badly I want the title) on a title. I bought KOA for over $10, so congratulations. I have also bought some bundles that normally I would not have from amazon based on the price points that amazon offered. My personal preference is to buy a Steamable version if available. I also would rather buy from amazon than from Steam based on customer service.

I could be a little whiny about if I would have waited, I could have saved a couple of bucks here and there i.e. KOA 13 vs. 10 bucks, but I figure that as a customer that you have to decide when to buy into a game. For instance, some people will wait to buy Borderlands 2 once the whole game (GOTY for lack of better term) with all the DLC comes to $20 while others will wait unti $10. Once I decide to buy, I am not going to be upset about a couple of bucks here and there within a couple of weeks.

One of the problems that I see with the EC list sale is that last year people were able to get more free or close to free titles. Also, today is just the seventh and the sale is all month long. I think it is fair for CAGs or others to ask for a title or bundle to see if a deal can be reached for them to spend money, trying to obtain a win-win for customers and amazon.

Personally, I would have liked to see Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe for cheaper than $15 after coupon. It was $12 at gamefly I believe as someone else pointed out. Ten bucks after coupon would rock.
Also, if there is anyway to convince EA to put DLC on sale, I can guarantee people will buy.

Syndicate would be a buy for me for $2.50 to $5 after coupon.

Sacred 2 gold for $5
Max Payne 3 for $10
Indie pack with Waking Mars and Critter Crunch (with 2-3 other titles) for $5

Tony, what about letting the community know which publishers are interested in feedback about which games we want in return for deals on their library?

Just my 2 cents, thanks for your efforts.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Is NBA 2K13 worth the $10? I understand it's a bit gimped..[/QUOTE]

Association (franchise) mode is solid. MyCareer is still broken, and the PC version probably won't see a patch for another month or two. Haven't played for quite a while myself, so I don't know of the online matches are easy to find...that part at least was improved over last year.

And as with any PC sports game, the modding community is robust.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, responses will be delayed or nonexistent for the rest of the evening. I just started my first game of LoL.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Practice last hitting. Just do it! It will help your laning phase a lot.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay but there was a lot of promotion here and elsewhere by you and by others of 'Buy games now and get $5 credit to use in January!'

The implication there is that you get an extra $5 off and not 'Buy games now and get a $5 coupon to use in January that will bring the price down to what you can get it for now anyway'.

I see what you are saying but I think new people that missed the deals probably missed the $5 promos too in a lot of cases, at least judging by the multiple posts in this thread asking about them recently. And I personally (and not trying to give you crap here I know the publishers are involved too) feel it's a little misleading to make a big promotion out of buy now and save an extra $5 later only to find out in some cases you really don't.

I think if you and EA wanted to do C&C for $25 for people who missed it in November and December then you should have done C&C for straight $25 in January for those people and not for $30 - $5, maybe, if you happen to have the coupon and passed on it before.

It is what it is in the end and it's not the end of my world but I just didn't care for how that all went down.[/QUOTE]

Again, I hear what you're saying but you're cherry picking.

For clarity this is a quote:

--Start Quote--
--End Quote--

1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
3. Borderlands 2 (best deal you could have gotten through us)
4. XCOM (best deal you could have gotten through us)
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13
7. Dark Souls
8. Battlefield 3 Premium Service
9. The Crazy Action Pack (formerly WTF pack)
10. The Desert to Sea Pack
11. The Super Strategy Pack

There are others that represent deals that are part of the EC list that are better in January than they've ever been before (BL2 and XCOM are exceptions to this broad statement, but they are better deals than we've offered before).

If you think a specific publisher's offerings aren't as stellar as the rest that's one thing, but to say that every (or even the majority) of deals are repeats is just not true.

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.

[quote name='indef']Association (franchise) mode is solid. MyCareer is still broken, and the PC version probably won't see a patch for another month or two. Haven't played for quite a while myself, so I don't know of the online matches are easy to find...that part at least was improved over last year.

And as with any PC sports game, the modding community is robust.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is accurate, but I logged onto the online matchmaking today and it said that there were 11 people online. I'm not sure if it was correct. For some reason my controller refuses to work in online matchmaking.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, I hear what you're saying but you're cherry picking.

For clarity this is a quote:

--Start Quote--
--End Quote--

1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
3. Borderlands 2 (best deal you could have gotten through us)
4. XCOM (best deal you could have gotten through us)
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13
7. Dark Souls
8. Battlefield 3 Premium Service
9. The Crazy Action Pack (formerly WTF pack)
10. The Desert to Sea Pack
11. The Super Strategy Pack

There are others that represent deals that are part of the EC list that are better in January than they've ever been before (BL2 and XCOM are exceptions to this broad statement, but they are better deals than we've offered before).

If you think a specific publisher's offerings aren't as stellar as the rest that's one thing, but to say that every (or even the majority) of deals are repeats is just not true.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I specifically mentioned EA and that wasn't the only EA game that was like that.

If you want to think I am cherry picking by singling out EA's slick practice of raising the price when the $5 hit then go ahead.

I'm tired of arguing about this.

Have fun with your game.

[quote name='Zoenic']Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.[/QUOTE]Check your email. You'll have one per $5 credit.

[quote name='Zoenic']Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.[/QUOTE]Count the number of purchases from Black Friday to Dec.31 from Amazon digital titles in your order history. Or check your email. Specifically look for the $5 promo credit that is valid starting January 1st.

[quote name='Zoenic']Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
It was easier for me just to look at my order history and count how many PCDD I bought during November and December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back