Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']It was easier for me just to look at my order history and count how many PCDD I bought during November and December.[/QUOTE]
Who is that girl on your avatar?:whistle2:k

[quote name='Zoenic']Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Amazon doesn't really have a system built into your account w/ them.

You should have in your e-mail account (the one tied to your Amazon account) some $5 off EC coupons from Amazon, if you bought any games in Nov 2012 to Dec 2012.
Count 'em up - and keep track of how many you got left, after you use some.

I got 8 left.

Any chance of seeing the borderlands 2 season pass show up? BL2 has been on the EC list for a while but with all the new BL2 keys floating around it might be good to have the DLC out there

I need some advice.

After biting on TWD deal (...wow that's a bad pun), I now have only 2 coupons left for the month. I'm tempted by the Dragon Age bundle; never played any of them, and would love to considering what I've heard about at least the first one. However, I have the biggest backlog in my history of playing video games. I have Amalur, Darksiders, Mass Effect (all three...yeah, I bought all three and haven't played but like an hour of the first one), and many many many more.

The question I have is...should I wait for the next round of sales in the Summer or next Winter? To be honest, I had been eyeing that pack when they had it on Steam earlier, but I think it was still $12.49 or something like that. $7.99 seems like the right price to me.

.....I think I'm an addict. >.

[quote name='Zoenic']Anyone here could help me? I would like to know how to manage the 5$ promo credits. I would like to know how many credit I have left. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

You may want to try by using 1000728511 in your mail search option and see how many amazon e-mails come up with 1000728511 as this is the e-mail that is associated with the EC list. Hope that helps. By the way, that trick was mentioned by someone else who put together a nice FAQ on this thread about the EC sale. Have a nice day.

People seem to forget Amazon is a business. So while the extremely discriminating consumer will quibble over $1 difference, the uninformed will see a relatively low price and buy it. Or the moderately informed consumer just won't care that much about the $1 difference despite knowing about it. I'm sure Tony and company look at those numbers and decided they'd make more money going with the slightly higher price point. Does that suck for someone who expected the games to get cheaper? Sure, but anyone in Tony and Amazon's position would be doing the same. It's his job.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I need some advice.

After biting on TWD deal (...wow that's a bad pun), I now have only 2 coupons left for the month. I'm tempted by the Dragon Age bundle; never played any of them, and would love to considering what I've heard about at least the first one. However, I have the biggest backlog in my history of playing video games. I have Amalur, Darksiders, Mass Effect (all three...yeah, I bought all three and haven't played but like an hour of the first one), and many many many more.

The question I have is...should I wait for the next round of sales in the Summer or next Winter? To be honest, I had been eyeing that pack when they had it on Steam earlier, but I think it was still $12.49 or something like that. $7.99 seems like the right price to me.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sugar-free icing. :cry:[/QUOTE]
The horror! :cold:

[quote name='CheapSteam']Syndicate for $2.50 after coupon?! Hells yeah![/QUOTE]
Buy! Buy! Buy!

(If only.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
3. Borderlands 2 (best deal you could have gotten through us)
4. XCOM (best deal you could have gotten through us)
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13

7. Dark Souls
8. Battlefield 3 Premium Service
9. The Crazy Action Pack (formerly WTF pack)
10. The Desert to Sea Pack
11. The Super Strategy Pack

12. Kingdoms of Amalur Complete
13. Dragon Age Bundle
[/QUOTE]
This is how I (and, I imagine, a fair few other CAGs) see this list so far.

Key:
Great deal, bought.
Good / great deal, haven't bought (haven't made up my mind or already own it.)
Out of my price range (typically $10 unless a bundle of some kind.)
Almost, but still just out of my price range.
Repeated (publisher coupons), but that doesn't matter.
But... but it was cheaper last year. *sniff*

Nice feedback Detruire. I liked your deal list and key. I agreed with most of your choices as I generally wait for the ten dollar or under mark (unless in a bundle).

I think we've just been spoiled with last year sales.

Here are some awesome deals from last year:
Kane and Lynch 2 - $2.49
Just Cause 2 - $2.49
Supreme Commander 2 - $2.99
DNF = $5.99 or $0.99 after promo code.
Shogun 2 = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code. (2 hour deal)
Homefront = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code.
NFS:HP = $7.99 or $2.99 after promo code.
1/15 – Alice Madness Returns = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code.
1/16 – Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle = $11.99 or $6.99 after promo code.
1/17 – Medal of Honor = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/18 – Battlefield Bad Company 2 = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/19 – Dead Space 2 = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/20 – Bulletstorm = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/21 – Crysis 2 = $9.99 or $4.99 after promo code.
Darkspore = $7.99 or $2.99 after promo code.
Spore = $7.99 or $2.99 after promo code.
Civilization V = $8.99 or $3.99 after promo code.
Crysis Maximum for $7.49 - $2.49 with your Promo Code
Sims 3: $14.99 before coupon $9.99 after.

It's hard to live up to these expectations, even with some great deals we have this January :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, I hear what you're saying but you're cherry picking.

1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13
7. Dark Souls

[/QUOTE]

Tony,

I gotta say I'm agreeing with the guys against the EC if there aren't insane deals like last year. You know? Like DNF for $1? Hell, The Witcher 2 was a great price last year, too, for a game that had come out, what? Six months before? $16, six months prior. I guess I'm just not seeing the deals like those two on this list.

1. Walking Dead (Own it, great deal tho)
2. Hotline Miami (Bought it instantly)
3. Borderlands 2 (best deal you could have gotten through us) (Own it, deal's been beat before elsewhere)
4. XCOM (best deal you could have gotten through us) (Own it, GMG destroyed you guys on this one)
5. Far Cry 3 (Your retail site had the disc online for $29.99 during the holidays and you guys in digital had it for $37 as your lowest when you PM'ed Steam. Your EC makes it $45? Weaksauce, my friend.)
6. NBA 2K13 ($10 after EC, good deal, bought it.)
7. Dark Souls ($13 after EC for 2 days, then $15 after EC. It's basically around the same pricing within a $1 of several other deals)
8. Battlefield 3 Premium Service ($45 is not a deal...)
9. The Crazy Action Pack (formerly WTF pack) (Packs of games many of us have.)
10. The Desert to Sea Pack (Packs of games most everyone has.)
11. The Super Strategy Pack (More packs of more games tons of us already own.)

See, my question is... where are the things we need here? Where's the Borderlands 2 Season Pass? Where's the Far Cry 3 Steam version crazy deal? Where's the Assassin's Creed 3 Steam crazy deal? Where are the games for less than $5 after EC? Why so many bundles instead? I think you'd have impressed a lot more people with piecemeal versions of those bundles where the individual games hit at a lower than $5 price point after EC. Visually, that'd generate more waves, it'd make more noise, and people would sit up and notice a lot more.

Putting Far Cry 3 and AC3 on that list along with things like BF3 Premium makes it look like the list has no deals. Those REGULAR prices scream, "Want to use your EC now that you've bought the truly awesome deals (Miami Hotline, DS, NBA 2k13)? Hey, we gots MSRP's here. Use your $5 EC on this regularly priced Ubisoft title with crappy DRM because you gots no other options! Enjoy."

I like the idea. I liked the execution last year. Everyone was pumped about it. I imagine there are people out there who don't own the games in those bundles that have been on sale again and again and again so many times, but I bet there are people out there loving those bundles. But for us, for the gaming connoisseurs and deal-focused, I don't think you're going to see very much excitement because your EC is not exciting. It's full of MSRP's (which amounts to the coupon giving us a $5-off that is meh) and games that were JUST on sale literally like a week ago for less. We probably bought it then and if we didn't, well imagine how angry someone is for waiting a few weeks just to have something to use their coupons on and finding they're paying the same or even MORE than they would have had they imagined the EC did not exist at all.

The publisher coupons over the holidays were annoying enough to me in how they were doled out, how the deals on the 2k games were done and then redone mid-way through after many of us had bought-in not knowing deals were going to be SIGNIFICANTLY improved, that I figure most of us would rather you just put a price down. No coupons, no EC list to use said coupons, no antics. Just low prices on certain titles during a certain period.

And low prices on titles that haven't already been on sale a bajillion times would probably go a long way toward getting your audience here excited. The Walking Dead is a great example of that.

One fantastic deal on game or DLC that most of us may need but haven't bought because no one else has put it on a great sale is louder and more likely to draw new users than a EC chock full of MSRP-priced games and other games whose prices were raised just in time to make the EC the same level discount as during the holidays when ostensibly the same people who HAVE EC coupons were also part of the sale.

The inherent contradiction is this: the very people who HAD to be present to buy in and get EC coupons are the same people you're now trying to use the coupons to sell games for (in EA's case especially this is mostly true) worse prices than before. If you see the price is worse than during the holidays (ie., Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 for example) and you aren't even going to get the coupon price at the holiday level of the Steam PM (which was already rather pathetic), then perhaps they shouldn't be on the list at all? Perhaps you should make a deal with Ubisoft for something else entirely where a sub-$5 deal takes a game most of us are meh about and gets us to go, "Weeeeell, I'm sure it's worth $2.50!"

Something like HAWX 1 or 2 or both in bundle, something like the AC games before AC3, From Dust, Splinter Cell games, etc, etc. At the very least, you'll get a lot of impulse buys, especially if those games are given Steam keys. I think a $79.99 game on the EC list is really, really ...counter to what anyone here would actually buy.

And I have to wonder, does anyone go to that EC page and then click on that $79.99 title and purchase it with a $5-off EC coupon?

[quote name='waabulo']Nice feedback Detruire. I liked your deal list and key. I agreed with most of your choices as I generally wait for the ten dollar or under mark (unless in a bundle).[/QUOTE]
Thanks. It's good to know that I'm definitely not the only one. :)

[quote name='Detruire']This is how I (and, I imagine, a fair few other CAGs) see this list so far.

Key:
Great deal, bought.
But... but it was cheaper last year. *conflicted*
[/QUOTE]

Negative. Let's try that again.

Key:
Own
Don't Care/Don't want

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13

7. Dark Souls
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony,

I gotta say I'm agreeing with the guys against the EC if there aren't insane deals like last year. You know? Like DNF for $1? Hell, The Witcher 2 was a great price last year, too, for a game that had come out, what? Six months before? $16, six months prior. I guess I'm just not seeing the deals like those two on this list.

3. Borderlands 2 (best deal you could have gotten through us) (Own it, deal's been beat before elsewhere)
4. XCOM (best deal you could have gotten through us) (Own it, GMG destroyed you guys on this one)
5. Far Cry 3 (Your retail site had the disc online for $29.99 during the holidays and you guys in digital had it for $37 as your lowest when you PM'ed Steam. Your EC makes it $45? Weaksauce, my friend.)
7. Dark Souls ($13 after EC for 2 days, then $15 after EC. It's basically around the same pricing within a $1 of several other deals)

Ok, I can agree with some of your arguments in the rest of your posts, but the above has at least one glaring error. How many times does Tony or any other CAG on this thread has to remind people that amazon does not price match international sites i.e. green man gaming? You did post an interesting example when the digital download was more expensive than the physical media. Kudos to you for your effort and thought that went into your psot. Perhaps though more deals are coming later this month. Last year some of the best deals did not start until mid to late Jan. Just saying. Peace.

[quote name='ramkens']I think we've just been spoiled with last year sales.

Kane and Lynch 2 - $2.49
Just Cause 2 - $2.49
1/16 – Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle = $11.99 or $6.99 after promo code.

It's hard to live up to these expectations, even with some great deals we have this January :)[/QUOTE]

I remember last year being great, but that was insane :hot:

Amazon should spend the next few months being unimpressive and gradually build up to things like this. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you only have one coupon, don't hold onto it all sale just because of that. Feel free to use it on something else if it catches your interest, and I'll help you grab Fall of Cybertron if it gets on the EC list. I've still got a good amount of coupons.[/QUOTE]

wow, thanks.

[quote name='waabulo']The games you mentioned that you bought suggest that you like RPGs. Dragon Age bundle would keep you entertained for a while. Most did not appreciate Dragon Age 2 compared to the first game and its expansion, but not a bad game. If you buy it, you will have plenty of gaming hours from it.[/QUOTE]

I do typically play RPGs, although I usually have a problem with staying focused on playing. I can get distracted or bored kinda easy, although I absolutely love anything with an engaging story.

[quote name='espy605']These deals will reappear again likely at the same price or lower. So if your backlog is full (with KOA and ME1-3, it kinda is), you could wait. Personally $5 or less for AAA title is my sweet spot for PC games. I got the pack for $10 from Amazon half a year ago.

That being said, DA1 is probably the best fantasy-based game I've ever played. Characters, lore and plot are all great fun. I also liked DA2 a lot as well but I'm in the minority there.

Haha I probably wasn't any help.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, any opinions at all are helpful! Just not sure if I should buy it now when it would be something I *might* play in the future. With my Steam catalog sitting at 140+ games (mind you, a good 20-30 of those are indie/small games) and I've only played maybe...10-15 of them through? I kinda wanna stop that habit.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In spite of my vocal disapproval of the current Dragon Age bundle pricing, if you know you want the games, grab them now. They won't be this cheap again till next January.

Or just wait around and buy Dragon Age Origins Ultimate alone later on, if you don't want the second one (which is widely agreed upon to be a very weak sequel).[/QUOTE]

It's true, I do want that game, and I kinda understand why it's went up $1. It still seems worth it to me though, but if it had been $1 less it would have been an instant buy IMO because it would have pushed me over the edge. It may sound weird that only a dollar would do that, but it's true.

[quote name='asheskitty']Your only hope is to leave now and don't turn back. Tony brings on the pain deals year round -- it's how he "ruined" Xmas for me. ^_~ (already owned most of what I wanted).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. All the games I mentioned are ones I bought just this past month alone (except ME2). My backlog went up ~40 games or so. And I still want more...more...MORE!

Thank you all for the posts! Still got time before the promo starts, so I may just mull it over and buy it anyway; I mean, make a pros and cons list; I mean...sit on my coupon.

[quote name='Seth Oriath']I do typically play RPGs, although I usually have a problem with staying focused on playing. I can get distracted or bored kinda easy, although I absolutely love anything with an engaging story.

If you like stories, you should be fine with Dragon Age (at least the first one with the expansion) For what it is worth, I liked Dragon Age 2 as well, just a little more simplified and more linear.

[quote name='ramkens']I think we've just been spoiled with last year sales.

Kane and Lynch 2 - $2.49
Just Cause 2 - $2.49
It's hard to live up to these expectations, even with some great deals we have this January :)[/QUOTE]WOW, those were the deals last year? I would have gotten Crysis, Dead Space 2, Alice and Kane and Lynch 2. Those deals are crazy!:bouncy:

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']
Tony,

See, my question is... where are the things we need here? Where's the Borderlands 2 Season Pass? Where's the Far Cry 3 Steam version crazy deal? Where's the Assassin's Creed 3 Steam crazy deal? Where are the games for less than $5 after EC? Why so many bundles instead? I think you'd have impressed a lot more people with piecemeal versions of those bundles where the individual games hit at a lower than $5 price point after EC. Visually, that'd generate more waves, it'd make more noise, and people would sit up and notice a lot more.

Putting Far Cry 3 and AC3 on that list along with things like BF3 Premium makes it look like the list has no deals. Those REGULAR prices scream, "Want to use your EC now that you've bought the truly awesome deals (Miami Hotline, DS, NBA 2k13)? Hey, we gots MSRP's here. Use your $5 EC on this regularly priced Ubisoft title with crappy DRM because you gots no other options! Enjoy."

I like the idea. I liked the execution last year. Everyone was pumped about it. I imagine there are people out there who don't own the games in those bundles that have been on sale again and again and again so many times, but I bet there are people out there loving those bundles. But for us, for the gaming connoisseurs and deal-focused, I don't think you're going to see very much excitement because your EC is not exciting. It's full of MSRP's (which amounts to the coupon giving us a $5-off that is meh) and games that were JUST on sale literally like a week ago for less. We probably bought it then and if we didn't, well imagine how angry someone is for waiting a few weeks just to have something to use their coupons on and finding they're paying the same or even MORE than they would have had they imagined the EC did not exist at all.

The publisher coupons over the holidays were annoying enough to me in how they were doled out, how the deals on the 2k games were done and then redone mid-way through after many of us had bought-in not knowing deals were going to be SIGNIFICANTLY improved, that I figure most of us would rather you just put a price down. No coupons, no EC list to use said coupons, no antics. Just low prices on certain titles during a certain period.

And low prices on titles that haven't already been on sale a bajillion times would probably go a long way toward getting your audience here excited. The Walking Dead is a great example of that.

One fantastic deal on game or DLC that most of us may need but haven't bought because no one else has put it on a great sale is louder and more likely to draw new users than a EC chock full of MSRP-priced games and other games whose prices were raised just in time to make the EC the same level discount as during the holidays when ostensibly the same people who HAVE EC coupons were also part of the sale.

The inherent contradiction is this: the very people who HAD to be present to buy in and get EC coupons are the same people you're now trying to use the coupons to sell games for (in EA's case especially this is mostly true) worse prices than before. If you see the price is worse than during the holidays (ie., Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 for example) and you aren't even going to get the coupon price at the holiday level of the Steam PM (which was already rather pathetic), then perhaps they shouldn't be on the list at all? Perhaps you should make a deal with Ubisoft for something else entirely where a sub-$5 deal takes a game most of us are meh about and gets us to go, "Weeeeell, I'm sure it's worth $2.50!"

Something like HAWX 1 or 2 or both in bundle, something like the AC games before AC3, From Dust, Splinter Cell games, etc, etc. At the very least, you'll get a lot of impulse buys, especially if those games are given Steam keys. I think a $79.99 game on the EC list is really, really ...counter to what anyone here would actually buy.

And I have to wonder, does anyone go to that EC page and then click on that $79.99 title and purchase it with a $5-off EC coupon?
[/QUOTE]
Agreed with pretty much everything here.

Kane and Lynch 2 - $2.49
Just Cause 2 - $2.49
See, this is what I find sad. There are 5+ instabuys on this list for me, and more that I'd be very close to impulse buying (like MoH and BFBC2). So many a la carte, awesome little sales here, while there's almost nothing like this during this sale. :cry:

I'd love all the Assassin's Creed games (except for the new one) a la carte for $2.50 each or so. Or the Dead Space games for $2.50 each.

But I guess the EC list is more focused on newer games for good prices, but good prices that are steadily dropping. There's really no rock bottom prices on older games this time around.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']WOW, those were the deals last year? I would have gotten Crysis, Dead Space 2, Alice and Kane and Lynch 2. Those deals are crazy!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yea and there was quite a few free games =). I have trouble believing the awesomeness of last year can be topped.

This thread has spoiled me. I went into the grocery store today and saw bananas at 79 cents/pound. I asked an employee, "Can't we have them at 59 cents/pound instead?" I received an odd stare in return.

*disclaimer - some of the above may not have happened.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd love all the Assassin's Creed games (except for the new one) a la carte for $2.50 each or so. Or the Dead Space games for $2.50 each.[/QUOTE]
Dead Space 2 was actually $5 before coupon at one point.

[quote name='inm8num2']This thread has spoiled me. I went into the grocery store today and saw bananas at 79 cents/pound. I asked an employee, "Can't we have them at 59 cents/pound instead?" I received an odd stare in return.

*disclaimer - some of the above may not have happened.[/QUOTE]

That's standard price for the major supermarkets. Trader Joes is $0.19/bananna, a better deal (at least in this part of Kali). You forget to ask about a bundle with the DLC however.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Yea and there was quite a few free games =). I have trouble believing the awesomeness of last year can be topped.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so either. I bought at least 9-10 of those games last year (only had 5 coupons last time) - and wouldn't have done so without the coupons. This year there's really nothing i really want on that EC (i havent got already) list ATM that's within my price range (coupons included).Could do with a bit more variety as well.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Any chance of seeing the borderlands 2 season pass show up? BL2 has been on the EC list for a while but with all the new BL2 keys floating around it might be good to have the DLC out there[/QUOTE]

Or the mechromancer dlc. Don't need a discount I'd just like the coupon to apply for that lol.

[quote name='tjs09']I remember last year being great, but that was insane :hot:

Amazon should spend the next few months being unimpressive and gradually build up to things like this. :)[/QUOTE]

I think that's what it all basically comes down to is that we're judging this year's sales to last year - and I'm including the buy one get one free april/may?? sale in that as well. But we have to realize that lots has changed since then.

(my impressions on last year vs. now)

- It was Amazon's first year to really push the service and I'm guessing it had lots of startup budget for some crazy deals. but seriously, it would be insane to expect that level of sustained sales.

- The publishers were probably a little bit more willing to cut Amazon some deals and help it compete with steam - no one wants a service to have a monopoly

- Amazon offered less games so during the 'big' sale, it felt very 'personal' - you could easily list/view all the digital games in a few clicks. This year, I'm betting many of the cheaper sales went unnoticed due to the storefront presentation

- the community here was much smaller and the ratio of veterans vs. new CAG members was much higher. the veterans just seemed to appreciate and recognize Tony's efforts and Amazon's prices better than what I'm seeing from new members this time around.

- and lastly, amazon actually had less competition back then. I'm betting many more bought from GMG and GG this year for the first time because they got comfortable buying from somewhere other than steam (i.e. amazon sort of broke the ice for them). also I think many of the folks disappointed with the sales might be comparing the prices to some of the price glitches.

what I find exciting is that we actually have Tony who wants to put out the best deals and is actively asking for feedback. that's the part we need to remember and not lose sight of. Honestly, this level of direct input and dedication from a company is pretty rare.

Tony, Since it was mentioned in the updated first post, I would love to see a deal on PSN digital downloads: either specific games (I think Amazon used to offer those before the hiatus from selling PSN stuff) or just the 20/50 codes.

Thanks for all the amazing deals in 2012! When a game like the Walking Dead can be had for 7.49 within a few months of the final episode coming out, it is a great time to be a gamer. Looking forward to using a few remaining $5 coupons before January is up.

[quote name='Detruire']This is how I (and, I imagine, a fair few other CAGs) see this list so far.

Key:
Great deal, bought.
But... but it was cheaper last year. *sniff*
[/QUOTE]

This is cool.

That list of last year's stuff... I recall those prices, but also passing on them as I felt they were priced a bit more aggressively because Origin was newer, and I'm still not willing to board that ship.

[quote name='blessedape']Tony, Since it was mentioned in the updated first post, I would love to see a deal on PSN digital downloads: either specific games (I think Amazon used to offer those before the hiatus from selling PSN stuff) or just the 20/50 codes.
[/QUOTE]

They did offer PSN digital games, often at discounts that weren't available on PSN. But I have never really seen the $20/$50 PSN codes on sale, ever really.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In spite of my vocal disapproval of the current Dragon Age bundle pricing, if you know you want the games, grab them now. They won't be this cheap again till next January.

Or just wait around and buy Dragon Age Origins Ultimate alone later on, if you don't want the second one (which is widely agreed upon to be a very weak sequel).[/QUOTE]

In defense of DA2, it's not an awful game that you should avoid like the plague. If it wasn't for it being a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins it would be a fine game. The problem was that on top of it being rushed it changed a lot of things that weren't fully thought out. For every positive thing that they added there were two negatives for it.

If you have any interest in Dragon Age you should pick up the pack. I know DA:2 isn't heavily favored, but you can very well bet on DA3 having elements of both Origins and DA2. There's just no avoiding DA2 if you plan on continuing with the franchise. You'll either just hate DA2, which then tells you that you might be done with the franchise since DA3 isn't going to ignore the changes made with DA2, or you'll find DA2 to still be enjoyable, although no where close to as good as Origins and look forward to DA3.

No glorious formatting, but this is my take on the current EC list:

Games I'd Want at the Right Price Point: 2-3
I have XCOM here but that's just me being unsure even at the generous price. AssCreed 3 and Guild Wars 2 have no discounts
Games I Already Own via Amazon: 5
Games I Already Own via Elsewhere: 7
Redundant Bundles: 6
Although the bundles are great offers, I own whatever I want from them
Games I have No Interest in: 13
Mainly sports/racing games
Bought via Editors Choice Sale 2013: 1
Hotline Miami at $2.50

So I think the EC list is partially a victim of my backlog (12 games I'd theoretically buy since I've bought them previously), equally stuff I just don't want (though someone else may want it) and of the few titles I'd potentially have any interest in, two have no discount and one I'm just unconvinced on when I'm in no real rush to buy it. I believe I skipped double entries/deluxe editions but didn't bother to double-check my math.

Six of the entries being bundles means I don't have any interest in them since I already own Bioshock/Darkness2/CivV and don't want DNF :D

I know more titles may yet be added but I have a feeling many of my coupons will probably go unused. Just nothing there to even potentially spend them on. I bought KoA through Amazon already and own the Dragon Age games elsewhere so no interest from me on those.

[quote name='Genocidal']If you could get a last ditch batch of You Don't Know Jack Steam keys from THQ for say... $5, I'd be all over that. :)[/QUOTE]
Hell Yeah!!!! My wife has wanted You Don't Know Jack for about a year and a half now, but it's never been marked off much. Make it Happen, Tony! or even make it 7.49 before coupon. Thanks for all you do and putting up with all of our bullshit.

[quote name='Mooby']Bingo. Anyone who bought the games they did based mostly off of the $5 coupons has only themselves to blame. I bought the games in December because they were good deals.[/QUOTE]
I got all the games I wanted except for The Walking Dead, which will be mine when I get paid Thursday. :lol:
[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I guess it would be beneficial to people who posted what they wanted and at what price point they'd be willing to pull the trigger/make use of their coupons. I'll dive right in but I know full well some of these price points just aren't happening until summer-ish.

(All prices after-coupon)

Hell Yeah -- $2.50ish
Realms of Ancient War -- $2.50ish
Risen 2 -- $5ish
X-Com -- $10ish (not happening, I know)

Stuff Amazon doesn't even carry but potentially could due to existing publisher relationships:

Alpha Protocol -- $2.50 to $3.75ish
Sacred 2 Gold -- $5ish
Amalur Steam version (lulz) -- $10-$15ish

Just an example of my eclectic taste and how hard it is to please everyone. All of that stuff would be 'insta-buy' no second thoughts at those price points.[/QUOTE]
You Don't Know Jack (Before Coupon) 7.49
(After Coupon)
2.49.. Really, you had to look at this spoiler??
Bioshock Mega Combo
KHJ67-K8CM2-6HM7J

[quote name='sunasun']Hell Yeah!!!! My wife has wanted You Don't Know Jack for about a year and a half now, but it's never been marked off much. Make it Happen, Tony! or even make it 7.49 before coupon. Thanks for all you do and putting up with all of our bullshit.
[/QUOTE]

+1 to everything in this paragraph.

[quote name='CheapThomas']I think that's what it all basically comes down to is that we're judging this year's sales to last year - and I'm including the buy one get one free april/may?? sale in that as well. But we have to realize that lots has changed since then.

(my impressions on last year vs. now)

- It was Amazon's first year to really push the service and I'm guessing it had lots of startup budget for some crazy deals. but seriously, it would be insane to expect that level of sustained sales.

- The publishers were probably a little bit more willing to cut Amazon some deals and help it compete with steam - no one wants a service to have a monopoly

- Amazon offered less games so during the 'big' sale, it felt very 'personal' - you could easily list/view all the digital games in a few clicks. This year, I'm betting many of the cheaper sales went unnoticed due to the storefront presentation

- the community here was much smaller and the ratio of veterans vs. new CAG members was much higher. the veterans just seemed to appreciate and recognize Tony's efforts and Amazon's prices better than what I'm seeing from new members this time around.

- and lastly, amazon actually had less competition back then. I'm betting many more bought from GMG and GG this year for the first time because they got comfortable buying from somewhere other than steam (i.e. amazon sort of broke the ice for them). also I think many of the folks disappointed with the sales might be comparing the prices to some of the price glitches.

what I find exciting is that we actually have Tony who wants to put out the best deals and is actively asking for feedback. that's the part we need to remember and not lose sight of. Honestly, this level of direct input and dedication from a company is pretty rare.[/QUOTE]
In the end I'm sure there are a lot of factors, the main one probably being that Amazon PCDD is doing very well now and they're finding a level field where they know what they can sell and for how much (which very well might be more expensive than in the past).

I love Amazon, and I've bought from them all year (probably have spent roughly $200-$250 just on PCDD, not to mention physical items), and I respect the heck out of Tony and his communication with us, and we're only a week into the EC, but so far it's just not really impressing for how hyped it was and how I (and others) bought games specifically to get coupons. It's drastically different than the last sale.

But if that's just how it is, it is what it is. The only reason I (and others, I'd imagine) are vocally explaining the current disappointment with the sale is because of that communication we have with Tony. Unfortunately I'm feeling less and less that it matters quite as much as it did in the past. CAG is a small voice when Tony can look at mass sale charts across the board, flooding in from SD, Reddit, and everywhere else.

There's just less for us cheapasses, this time around. TWD is a groundbreaking price for the game (just not for me), but sadly that's the only groundbreaking price I'm seeing. This is surprising to me because usually Amazon sets the bar.

[quote name='nucleargenocide']Will The Secret World make it back on the EC at some point? it was only for 24 hours on the ec the last time.[/QUOTE]
It's on the EC list still, it's just not on sale any longer so you're paying MSRP less $5 coupon.

Here are the post coupon prices I was hoping for/would bite at:

Hell Yeah - $2.50
Need for Speed: The Run - $2.99
Realms of Ancient War - $2.50
Risen 2 - $5
Syndicate - $2.99
Binary Domain: $4
X-Com - $15 (I know this isn't possible - I will wait till next year)

I've checked back a few pages and cannot find if Tony mentioned a price point on The Dawn of War Pack - did I miss it?

[quote name='sunasun']You Don't Know Jack (Before Coupon) 7.49
(After Coupon)
2.49.. Really, you had to look at this spoiler??
Bioshock Mega Combo
KHJ67-K8CM2-6HM7J
[/QUOTE]

Code lurked! Rats!

(Not Bad Rats.)

But thanks for your generosity nevertheless. :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know how this thread sometimes gets derailed? I do that in every tech meeting. No word on a cart yet.[/QUOTE]
How about the ability to wishlist downloadable titles? Has this been brought before the tech meeting?

[quote name='GumbaHup']Sadly i can't confirm this. I just registered Alice Steam Key on Origin and it shows up in the Library just as "Alice: Madness Returns".

Haven't tried downloading it right now, but i doubt there is Alice 1 bundled with it, hopefully someone can prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]
Alice 1 isn't a separate executable, it is playable from a menu in Alice: Madness Returns so you would have to download the game to confirm.
[quote name='Idiotekque']
Dark Souls (Okay price, but it's a horrible port that is only made to be worthwhile on the PC with user mods that could get you banned from GFWL. I'm sorry, but that kills the value.)[/QUOTE]
That only has a slight chance of happening if you 1.)unlock the frame rate from 30 FPS (which is off by default in the DSfix mod) and 2.)Play online, all of the rest of the improvements work perfectly fine with GFWL.

[quote name='asheskitty']Negative. Let's try that again.

Key:
Own
Don't Care/Don't want
[/QUOTE]

My version would be...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
1. Walking Dead
2. Hotline Miami
5. Far Cry 3
6. NBA 2K13
7. Dark Souls
[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back