Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.
2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.
3. Pre-order X Game and get a $10 Amazon Promotional Credit
4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off[/QUOTE]
First off, let me state that I only pre-order games I am very excited about (the most recent being Skyrim and Crusader Kings II). Otherwise, it amounts to paying a lot of money for a game which by the time it leaves my backlog costs 75% less. With that in mind...

1. I'm likely to have any prequel already. If the games are good, that's an interesting offer. As someone already said, this is mostly valid for "big" publishers with a good catalog. Another possibility is bundling the preorder with DLCs/a season pass, which is an interesting deal.
2. Same as above.
3. I consider promotional credit from Amazon as I would a discount: I'm certainly going to use it... Even then, that's a 20% discount from most AAA titles that launch around 50$ so it's not great compared to other websites.
4. >= 25% off is around my interest point given the competition. A good point about this model is that's it has the lesser short-term cost (ie. I don't need too much money on my account).

Well, I know that the $15 credit for preordering XCOM was influential in me picking it up, but it was also the fact that it was the SE with the artbook, patch and poster, which I wanted. It would be a difficult argument to preorder a digital-only game at $50-$60, even with a credit.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

We are about to launch a new pre-order campaign for an upcoming title and trying to decide on what incentive to go with. Here are the choices:

1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.
2. Pre-order X game and get $20 off ANY game or games from the publisher of game X. With promotions from publisher X happening around the same time as the campaign launches.
4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Number 2 sounds like the best to me - offers the most value.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. Pre-order X game and get your choice of one of games from the publisher of X game.
4. Pre-order X Game for Y% off[/QUOTE]
3 or 4, with the assumption that the credit in 3 is greater than the cash discount in 4.

1 & 2 don't work for me on a gut level for the same reason the EC sale isn't working for me -- either I own the games or I don't want the games.

Agree with a lot of the other comments. I don't think a forum dedicated to cheapassgamers is probably the target audience for pre-orders. I've done a few kickstarters for the physical bonuses (since most games don't have that stuff anymore), but like others have said, a lot of it depends. There probably are people here who do pre-order, and Activision selling $500 million in 24 hours for CoD2: BO shows a lot of people willing to pre-order/release day buy, but I doubt the majority of those people are here.

I'm hoping for more old/older games myself since I can wait and if you haven't played it, it's still new to you.

I'll probably eventually get x-com and dark souls:ptd, but wouldn't pick it up until sub 7.50.

Digital games (non physical goods) and probably Steam have really lowered the cost/value of pc games I feel.

while am sure were not the direct target of these pre order deals, understanding what will make us want too pre order things will help pull the masses too want too pre order from you versus X place. i only say that as thier never be a good enough deal too make everyone happy enough too pre order all games. in my opinion option 3 or 4 is best as it gives the most flexibility in saving or credit too future perchases

[quote name='yangwenli']Agree with a lot of the other comments. I don't think a forum dedicated to cheapassgamers is probably the target audience for pre-orders. I've done a few kickstarters for the physical bonuses (since most games don't have that stuff anymore), but like others have said, a lot of it depends. There probably are people here who do pre-order, and Activision selling $500 million in 24 hours for CoD2: BO shows a lot of people willing to pre-order/release day buy, but I doubt the majority of those people are here.

I'm hoping for more old/older games myself since I can wait and if you haven't played it, it's still new to you.

I'll probably eventually get x-com and dark souls:ptd, but wouldn't pick it up until sub 7.50.

Digital games (non physical goods) and probably Steam have really lowered the cost/value of pc games I feel.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't necessarily say that you can't really preorder if you are a cheapassgamer. Yes, I know this is a PCDD thread, but some people have more platforms. I do preorder, but not for my PC games, well at least not games that I know will drop in price soon enough. For example, I preordered SC2: Heart of the Swarm because Blizz doesn't really drop the price of SC2 by much, and when they do it's usually long after the release. I think the lowest I've seen it is 20 bucks, and that's when I pulled the trigger and bought it in November.

The hit is just too big if the game doesn't turn out as hoped. You're kind of just stuck with it if you preorder it on PC. I think any preorder bonus that can try to minimize that hit is going in the right direction. Options 3 and 4 aim to take some of that hit away. If it doesn't turn out well, then you have credit or % off another game to make up for it. Ideally, Amazon would bring back the 20 dollar promotional credit. I remember when Amazon used to do a lot of 20 dollar credit promotions, and those made preordering in general a very easy choice. They were essentially making preordering 40 bucks instead of 60, but alas that was just too good of a deal and they started going to 10 dollars credit for the game if you were lucky.

[quote name='Mooby']Re: Pre-order promotions. Gotta be honest -- no promotion would entice me to preorder 99.99% of games. That said I'd assume most people would prefer Y% off where Y is fairly steep number. Although I realize you can't price match Green Man Gaming, to the consumer they are effectively your competition. If they can offer 35% off a Steamworks title discount you probably aren't going to beat them for sales unless you offer at least 25% off coupled with some promo coupon, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm in this boat. I've preordered exactly two games in the last three years, and both of them had sub-$20 launch prices. I'm not the target demo for preorders.

For Pre-Orders I just want a good price. Somewhere between $30 & $37.50 is my sweet spot. Last years BL2 for $36 was great. I've already ordered Tomb Raider for $32.50 & Aliens:CM for $34.50 + $12 in credit (Sorry Tony). Just give us a good price ;)

Option 4 would be my choice.

My main issue with gaming nowadays is that the initial price is way too high. Then within 6 months we see a 50%+ pricedrop. So as MUCH as I'd love to say I preorder, I find myself preordering less and less in favor of picking it up down the line for considerably cheaper.

Especially after I have been hosed over buying the CE of my last couple of games. I was stoked but the game was meh at best. Now I have a statue/plush/soundtrack for a game that was fairly unmemorable.

[quote name='shiree1']Here's my wish list.
1. BL2 Season Pass (was 50% on GMG but I missed it)
2. Max Payne 3 (was $14.99 on Amazon but I expected it would last longer. damn!)
3. Far Cry 3
4. any DLC deals of decent games. (BL2-Season Pass, XCOM-Slingshot, Max Payne 3-Season Pass.. etc.)

any chance of these?[/QUOTE]

I know Far Cry 3 is going to be on sale 1/22 but I forget how much.

Tony, any chance for DLC on XCOM and BL2 even if it is just being able to use the coupons on it?

Re: Tony's Pre-order Question

I've only pre-ordered one game in the last several years and that was Guild Wars 2. I generally don't pre-order because games are usually heavily discounted 3 to 6 months later and I have plenty of things to keep me pre-occupied until then.

Pre-orders would be more attractive if there were other games bundled with them that brought the average price per game down to a more reasonable amount (as long as I didn't have the other games included in the bundle).

Originally Posted by Amazon DVG Deals
Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

We are about to launch a new pre-order campaign for an upcoming title and trying to decide on what incentive to go with. Here are the choices:

These are all real options we're kicking around, I'd like to hear your input, and why you chose what you chose.

Cheers,
Tony

Ooo. I will admit that I usually pre-order digital games from GMG. The reasons are

1. They get my keys to me fast, really fast. I get them around the same time people on steam can start preloading. I bought Borderlands2 from amazon but didn't get my key the night before the game launched (i think it was B2, maybe X-COM..) so I cancelled it and got it off of GMG instead, got the key instantly and preloaded it. This is a huge decided factor for me. Not sure how much you can control this, but getting the keys out prompt is critical.
2. They have those good 30% / 20% coupons that usually apply to most pre-orders. This helps seeing that I can preorder a game for $35-40 dollars which makes me feel better about buying full price.

I've preordered a few games this year (BL2, XCOM, War of the Roses, Hitman ..), Some comments on the choices above.
1. I love free games, and I would love the whole "pre order farcry 3 and get 1,2 free!" but I feel most people that pre-order the games are fans of the series and have all the games already. Maybe throw in season pass coupons or DLC coupons, like 75% a DLC purchase or a season pass. If you are targeting to us, the free game might not work because we probably already have it. Helping us extend the pre-ordered game would be better (DLC, exclusive content, etc ...) The thing that GOG does with the bonus content is awesome (wallpapers, songs, manuals, pictures, concept art, etc..) not sure how much you can do with that though. Maybe soundtracks or other digital items that relate to the game being sold.
2. Works, but being CAGs, we probably already have most of what we want.
3 & 4 are safe bets because everyone can use it.

I would have gotten something like a Borderlands 2 pre-order where you get the season pass and the soundtrack for $50.

I'd rather things that improve the current game experience then add new separate experiences.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Option 4 would be my choice.

My main issue with gaming nowadays is that the initial price is way too high. Then within 6 months we see a 50%+ pricedrop. So as MUCH as I'd love to say I preorder, I find myself preordering less and less in favor of picking it up down the line for considerably cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Which is why I was in favor of #3 or #4. For me to pre-order anything, it needs a significant discount. Both because I'm buying a product sight-unseen and as a hedge against rapid deflation of the item's price. If Amazon is selling the game at 50% off two months later, I want to be able to say "Well, at least I only paid that much for it" instead of "Wow, did I just get rolled on that deal."

I prefer option 1 for newly released sequels. Usually this type of promotion allows me to play the original while I wait for the pre-ordered sequel to be release.

I think Options 1 and 2 are superior depending upon the game and publisher.

Personally I always go for the lowest price on preorders, so GMG has been winning me over consinstently on that front, even pushing me to preorder when I normally would wait.

Therefore, my vote is for option 4, with option 2 being a not-too-distant second depending on the publisher.

Btw, I appreciate how Amazon is trying to make preorders more compelling, and looking for feedback on the matter. Thanks Tony :applause:

edit: I'd like to comment option 1 a little bit: I see it pretty often at every digital retailer nowadays, but being an avid gamer, it's completely useless to me most of the times: if I'm considering preordering a sequel, I'm highly likely to have the prequel(s).
Same goes for other games from the same publisher: I very rarely preorder "in the dark", I trust the dev and/or the publisher's previous work to begin with.

Add me to the list of no PC games preordered. The last PC game I preordered was FFXI. The cost is just too high to me for something that has no monetary value after purchase.

If digital games were resellable, I'd pick #4, followed by #2.

Edit: I lied. I just remembered that I preordered Torchlight 2 at a discount.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Well, I just got stomped on several times...I'm terribad with Jax.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I gotta say #1 & 4 are the strongest with 3 being by far the weakest.

My order of preference would be:

#1 it really depends on what the publisher is and what games are offered.

#4 is the strongest because us CAG's being CAG's we like our savings up front and not tied to another purchase.

So I would definitely vote for #4 depending on the % of course.

I will add I rarely pre-order. I got fed up with gaming industry a few years ago about some of the DLC they were releasing 2 weeks after the game was launched that should of been included in the original game. I now usually wait till the game hits dirt cheap so I can buy all the DLC with it or wait for the GOTY/complete/gold edition.

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1) Depends on the publisher. If it's 2k, I'd say no. I think we all own Bioshock, Bioshock 2, etc. If it's Ubisoft, I'd say no. If it's EA, maybe. If it's Activision, then that'd probably wind up being crappy titles. So overall, meh.

2) Depends on the publisher and the gaming schedule. Are there two related titles coming out within the same time frame for a publisher that might make us interested? I could see you starting up your own version of the Kmart coupon racket (haha, racket) where you keep people buying into your preorders because everyone keeps getting $20 off the next preorder. One $20 off leads to another, leads to another, giving us the $30-40 deal on the $50-60 new games we all crave while at the same time boosting the bottom line of the corporate publishers who want huge preorders.

3) This option is always a good fallback.

4) Depends on the % off. I think it'd need to wind up being more than the $10 promo credit to be of more value to me. Considering 10% off would be $5-6 for a $50-60 game, you'd be up in the 20% range for the $60 game and the 25% range for the $50 game to make it overall better to me than #3.

In general, I think companies need to realize they need to incentivize preorders more than they do if they want to increase their sales numbers. It needs to be considerably cheaper ($40 for a $60 game) to get people to regularly preorder. It's better for them (increases number of people who buy blind), it's better for the gamer (to get the bonuses, to get the best deal they'd get anyway for six months), and it's better for Amazon (higher sales equal more traffic).

Everyone knows the game will drop to $30-40 within at LEAST six months and typically within one or two. Why not offer that price to gamers in the preorder and generate more pre-day 1 sales? You instantly built up your multiplayer for said titles and people like me won't wait through all the hype and the noise to get to the other side and buy it for the same $40, but instead of adding to a wave of new players, I'm coming in at the tail end. I add little to the success or failure of the game because I come in so late and news sources that track such things will have already deemed something success or failure without my purchase meaning a thing. Imagine people making the case for preorders for you. Here at CAG, I can just imagine someone saying, "Well, if you have interest in the game, you oughta just go ahead and preorder because it's the lowest it'll be for a few months at least." Instead, you expect us to preorder, pay a $20-30 surplus, and then a month after release, you'll knock it down to $40 for a short time to boost first month sales, and expect us not to notice. Except we do.

If the preorder buyers could point and say, "Well, I'll have the low price and not regret that low price," then the argument for waiting evaporates. If a publisher then wants to make the argument, "In that case, I don't see why we should offer low prices at all," I say to them that they WILL offer that lower price eventually and there are many like me who are very, very patient and will wait you out. So why keep people who want to buy your Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 waiting since you've likely exhausted nearly everyone who'd buy in for that $50-60? Why haven't you realized the market is full of people like me who say any game above the price of $30 is overpriced? There is a lucrative market of impulse buyers out there who will buy in, but won't impulse buy a $40-60 title unless it's a preorder for a hot title.

If you'd have offered that for $40 in preorder, I bet you a lot of us would have added to the overall sales of your AC3 and FC3 from the beginning. Wouldn't that have been better than me waiting now for the $20-30 deal on a Steam version? I can wait a year if I have to and as time goes on, the price I'm willing to pay decreases exponentially. What I might pay $30 for now (ie., Far Cry 3 Steam, AC3 Steam), six months from now I'm only willing to pay $20 for. Two months after that and I'm at $15. A few months after that, $10 or less. But at the preorder level? Knock $20 off the MSRP and I would have bought into either one.

You're missing out on a lot of sales. I get it, you don't want to erode the MSRP of games. I think publishers need to wake up. That ship has sailed. The HMS iOS and Android set sale for the Promised Land and they are going to drag you all there even if they have to drag you off the Old World with tethers to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to pre order console games back in the psx days, but I've never pre ordered a pc game. Wait, no, I take that back. I pre ordered the orange box. That's the only one so far. I don't feel like I would be the right demographic for your survey.

[quote name='oman19']I gotta say #1 & 4 are the strongest with 3 being by far the weakest.[/QUOTE]
I like #3 because I assume I'll spend X many dollars at Amazon DVG and I'd rather have what I buy be my choice than picking between Bioshock and Bioshock 2. It just needs to be a significant enough amount to make up for it not being liquid. If I was looking for a 33% cut off a pre-order cash price, I'd want something more like 45% in store credit in lieu of that cash drop. Got to make up for the fact that Citimortgage stubbornly refuses to accept Amazon game credit ;)

Question guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

#1 depends on the publisher for me. I may have everything that publisher has to offer/that I'm interested in already. Hard to say without knowing the publisher, but I'm sure you can't share that with us just yet :)

#2 may be nice, but I may run into the same problem as #1 if it was restricted to the same publisher. $20 off ANY game could be sweet, though, but... that leads me into #3 and #4...

Like many others, I'm sure, I like to have my savings upfront. Promo credit is nice, because I'm a frequent shopper at Amazon, but there is a chance it will go to waste if there are no other good (to me) deals or if the promo credit has a short life (expires in a month or whatever)

#4 may be the best value for me, depending on the percentage you go with. Like many others have mentioned, GMG has given a lot of good deals in that regard. I got Borderlands 2 for $37 (and that was the first game I'd pre-ordered since.... well, ever.) I like that price a lot more than $60. Anything in the $30 range is fabulous for me, IMO. I don't pre-order, really, except for BL2, but I might be inclined to do so more if it were around that price.

In other news, I finished Spec Ops: The Line last night. That game was pretty damn good. Had a cinematic quality to it, and the set pieces were beautiful. I found it more comfortable to play with a controller even though that breaks my usual habit of playing FPS's with a KB/M. Yes, it was short, but in a way that's good, because I'm not sure I could have gone any longer playing that game ... too intense and emotion-causing :p. I paid around $6 for this on Amazon a while back, and I'm happy with that price so those of you who can get it for $2.50 now... that's just a steal.

Okay, fine I'll weight in the pre-order discounts too.

#4 -- Straight up cheaper. It's something that everyone understands, and no one is going to feel like, "oh man, I already had a Jackson ($20 bill)." That said I've never pre-ordered software in my life, though in retrospect I would have been happy pre-ordering BL2 (good prices, solid sequel), since price cuts now are at parity/barely undercutting the BL2 pre-order.

[quote name='zillionandnine']In other news, I finished Spec Ops: The Line last night. That game was pretty damn good. Had a cinematic quality to it, and the set pieces were beautiful. I found it more comfortable to play with a controller even though that breaks my usual habit of playing FPS's with a KB/M. Yes, it was short, but in a way that's good, because I'm not sure I could have gone any longer playing that game ... too intense and emotion-causing :p. I paid around $6 for this on Amazon a while back, and I'm happy with that price so those of you who can get it for $2.50 now... that's just a steal.[/QUOTE]

^_^ It felt pretty good with a controller. Just fyi, there are multiple endings.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the pre-order feedback. I'm going to work on capturing as much of it as possible in preparation for our meeting on what we decide to roll out for pre-orders on this title.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Thanks for all the pre-order feedback. I'm going to work on capturing as much of it as possible in preparation for our meeting on what we decide to roll out for pre-orders on this title.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

NP Tony happy to help. Ever get to watching Breaking Bad?

[quote name='oman19']NP Tony happy to help. Ever get to watching Breaking Bad?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm on the last episode of Season 1. How did I not watch this show sooner. It is amazing.

Also, I'm really sad I have to wait until Homeland Season 2 is available to Stream/Download from Amazon (don't think Hulu offers it) before watching it :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I'm on the last episode of Season 1. How did I not watch this show sooner. It is amazing.[/QUOTE]

I watched it all back-to-back in August, and I think it's better that way, there is strong continuity across seasons.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I'm on the last episode of Season 1. How did I not watch this show sooner. It is amazing.

Also, I'm really sad I have to wait until Homeland Season 2 is available to Stream/Download from Amazon (don't think Hulu offers it) before watching it :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it!!!!! I have about 3 episodes left of season 3. I'm kinda slowing down hoping netflix will get season 5 on there in a decent amount of time.

Wish netflix would get their crap together with the Showtime people and get close to up to date Showtime stuff back on there. Want to take you up on your Homeland recommendation.

[quote name='oman19']Glad you enjoyed it!!!!! I have about 3 episodes left of season 3. I'm kinda slowing down hoping netflix will get season 5 on there in a decent amount of time.

Wish netflix would get their crap together with the Showtime people and get close to up to date Showtime stuff back on there. Want to take you up on your Homeland recommendation.[/QUOTE]
Oh you are in for a treat :bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I'm on the last episode of Season 1. How did I not watch this show sooner. It is amazing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you think Season 1 of Breaking Bad is amazing, just wait. Each season seriously only gets better. At least IMO.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows I've seen in years. It just sucks you in more and more as the seasons go on. If you think you're hooked by the first season, just you wait. Every season is better than the one that came before it.

Q: Any chance of seeing Guild Wars 2 on sale again this month? I was thinking of picking it up in the Xmas sale but figured it would be a likely candidate to be on sale + $5 coupon in Jan. Was just wondering if we might see it at $30 again, or even $35 w/ a coupon option. I'd pick it up for sure.

Back to video games. I HATE to be that guy but does anyone have an extra $5 off coupon they're not going to use? All this talk about Spec: Ops finally made me want to take the jump if I can get it for $2.49.

Just bought a house right after thanksgiving to wasn't able to buy as much as I would of liked this holiday season and am out of coupons lol. (really regretting it because I would like to hop on that Alice deal as well.)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Homeland Season 2 is way better than 1. The ending alone is incredible.

For your options, 3 or 4, whatever total dollar value is greater, so if it varies from game to game, whatever's greatest. Thanks Tony.

[quote name='asheskitty']

^_^ It felt pretty good with a controller. Just fyi, there are multiple endings.[/QUOTE]

I thought there would be. Well, I haven't uninstalled it yet, and it's nice you can pick what chapter to play so I might revisit for the different ending(s) in a bit.

[quote name='oman19']Back to video games. I HATE to be that guy but does anyone have an extra $5 off coupon they're not going to use? All this talk about Spec: Ops finally made me want to take the jump if I can get it for $2.49.

Just bought a house right after thanksgiving to wasn't able to buy as much as I would of liked this holiday season and am out of coupons lol. (really regretting it because I would like to hop on that Alice deal as well.)[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you a $5 coupon for your house.

Question guys,

Last year I preordered 2 things from Amazon; both were collector's editions so no real discount there.

I preordered many things from Newegg, even though I'd rather order from Amazon, because of $12 off each time, including Bioshock Infinite. [I think 6 titles, not all are out yet] 4Just makes more sense for me as a customer compared to number 3, but you as a company probably benefit more from 3.

I've watched all the shows: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland, American Horror Story, Newsroom, and Dexter; and by far the Best series [imo] is Dexter. Check it out!!
While I really like Breaking Bad [story is awesome], BB can suffer from the same problem most series suffer from, it can get very slow at times. IMO, Dexter does not suffer from this, and this is why it is the best.

As for the preorder bonus; for me it's all about price. Thus #4

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, I used to preorder ALL the time, but since they've essentially done away with the Amazon promotional credits, I've stopped preordering. I think the last think I preordered was XCOM, which had a $15 credit. That, even more than the preorder downloadable content incentive, is what I look for. If not, I will generally wait on a game.

[quote name='oman19']Back to video games. I HATE to be that guy but does anyone have an extra $5 off coupon they're not going to use? All this talk about Spec: Ops finally made me want to take the jump if I can get it for $2.49.

Just bought a house right after thanksgiving to wasn't able to buy as much as I would of liked this holiday season and am out of coupons lol. (really regretting it because I would like to hop on that Alice deal as well.)[/QUOTE]
If worse comes to worse, you can probably get one for $3-$4 in the steam buy thread, that's where I got mine for $3.50 even before the EC sale started.

skylar kills breaking bad for me. everytime they show her i just sigh. (up to the 3rd episode of the 5th season)

Some other things I'd like to see on sale are THQ DLC for Warhammer 40K Space Marine and Homefront, and DLC for Duke Nuke'm Forever. Amazon has sold the base games of these for cheap quite a few times, but the DLC doesn't get the same love (50% off the DLC is not cheap enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back