Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Severose']Going rate is $2.00, just an FYI. I wouldn't offer $3 when you can get it for $2 legit. =P[/QUOTE]
Perhaps - but I already own Bulletstorm. If I hadn't bought it back in January, I wouldn't be offering three bucks. :p

[quote name='Severose']The supply is out there, you're just not waiting long enough. The problem is there's a lot of what I'd call "NEEDITNAO" demand, and more "ISELLFORMORCUZICAN" supply. Don't worry, I'm impatient too, but in this case I'd hold out for $2. ;)

Price is determined by the generosity of the seller and how much the buyer is willing to buy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Waiting and price drops are the reason why we're able to get 5 EA games for $10.

And believing that price is determined by the seller's generosity is like believing companies want to create jobs. Everyone wants to make, or save, as much money as they can. If a company can cut your job and still make the same amount of money, they will do so. If a company can make more money by hiring someone, they will do so. It's the American way :whistle2:D

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack is fantastic!

I got Mirrors Edge Steam Redemable Gift for sale at $3.

That EVE Online deal is pretty damn good. Play the 2 week trial to see if you like it, $5 in for a month and all the expansion content, and then if you play enough you never have to pay for the game again.

Bought the EA pack. Thanks Tony!
Thanks CAG for the redeeming instructions, all keys registered in Origin flawlessly.

19 games on Origin currently.

[quote name='MysterD']Just tried my Retail Key for Mercenaries 2.
Yup, that worked there. :D
It's now on my Origin account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Ditto. I'll pay three bucks for a spare Saboteur code!

Also, I saw the comment about Bulletstorm activating on Origin and IT WORKS NOW WOOHOO!

... Mass Effect still doesn't though. >:|[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I activated my Mass Effect key (that I got GMG) on Origin a couple of months back using the old EA Product Activation site.

(Here's a free burnout key for someone that wants it. I already had it on Steam)

AKJS-AHBW-JGF3-ZKFM-RGZS

[quote name='seamoss']For what it's worth, I activated my Mass Effect key (that I got GMG) on Origin a couple of months back using the old EA Product Activation site.[/QUOTE]
I tried that, but it keeps asking for a username. I only have my Origin account and I'm afraid that it'll screw something up if I add a new account. :(

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I tried that, but it keeps asking for a username. I only have my Origin account and I'm afraid that it'll screw something up if I add a new account. :([/QUOTE]

Lmfao... Your Origin Account IS your EA account.

[quote name='Severose']Lmfao... Your Origin Account IS your EA account.[/QUOTE]

An EA account is actually an umbrella account that includes several legacy accounts, including POGO, which is the account necessary for you to have for Origin customer service to activate ME1 from a CD key.

[quote name='dopehat'](Here's a free burnout key for someone that wants it. I already had it on Steam)

AKJS-AHBW-JGF3-ZKFM-RGZS[/QUOTE]

Has been taken by someone allready. Thanks for posting it.

45 minutes or so to go until the inevitable complaints that people thought they had more time to get the bundle, didn't know about the bundle, ask when the bundle is returning, etc...

I think I have a new tier when thinking about a game and price:

1. I'll get for pre-order/retail (never for me, but someday I might)

2. I'll get for 25%-50% off (rare)

3. I'll get when it hits $15-10 during a seasonal sale (sometimes)

4. I'll get when it bottoms out at $5 or less (pretty common, with maybe a little more if there is a ton of GOTY DLC).

And now...

5. I'll get when it ends up in one of Tony's packs

[quote name='MysterD']That's the thing that I don't like most about these MMO's - the "pay a (usually monthly) subscription fee so you can keep playing factor."[/QUOTE]
With EVE, you can afford your monthly sub from ingame money if you're okayish at it. My friend says between 6 hours (Incursions) and 16 hours (mining) is what he needs to 'invest' monthly.

[quote name='nategator']Bulletstorm -- yes. Method: Inputting code normally worked for me, YMMV[/QUOTE]
[quote name='TraBuch']Huh. That's odd. The Bulletstorm key that I got months ago and couldn't redeem on Origin and was refused by an Origin CSR just activated without any problems.[/QUOTE]
Also worked for my preorder copy, *now*. At launch it sure did not. Thanks.

[quote name='nategator']I think I have a new tier when thinking about a game and price:

1. I'll get for pre-order/retail (never for me, but someday I might)

2. I'll get for 25%-50% off (rare)

3. I'll get when it hits $15-10 during a seasonal sale (sometimes)

4. I'll get when it bottoms out at $5 or less (pretty common, with maybe a little more if there is a ton of GOTY DLC).

And now...

5. I'll get when it ends up in one of Tony's packs[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kof91']EA pack deal is up until 10/6?[/QUOTE]

I believe that it is deal of the week and should be valid until 10/06/2012. If you look at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1401826982&pf_rd_i=979455011 it says it is deal of the week so I assume the usual Sunday to Saturday. If not I am sure Tony will correct me tomorrow and let us know the valid dates of the deal.

I haven't been actively seeking those 5 games, but for $2 each, I'm buying it, definitely all games I'm interested in. The giant list of games on my Steam and Origin accounts keeps growing...

[quote name='MC Kage']Epic Fail?...

v2-nba2k13-stripe._V392056484_.png

SqIgb.png
[/QUOTE]

Now its showing unavailable for me. And for a game to be release tomorrow, its still not in steam. Hopefully it will be available in amazon as Ii want to get it from there and activate it in steam.

Thanks for the Bulletstorm info. The key i got from the Amazon EA sale on January just activated without problems on Origin.

[quote name='jsunjones']NM - sold

Selling Bulletstorm & Burnout for $3 or $2 a piece, PM me[/QUOTE]

I'll take them!

NBA 2K13 Questions:

[quote name='vince_carter']T Money,

You positive nba2k13 is steam? I'm buying either way but there is still no steam page for it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ev768']Think the same thing happened last year. The page didn't go up until the game came out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mnemnoch']Now its showing unavailable for me. And for a game to be release tomorrow, its still not in steam. Hopefully it will be available in amazon as Ii want to get it from there and activate it in steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MC Kage']Epic Fail?...

v2-nba2k13-stripe._V392056484_.png

SqIgb.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MC Kage']I'm guessing these are all Origin based... shit gives me nightmares. I want all these games but Origin is horrible. Would love to have on Steam tho esp. Mirror's Edge, that sells it to me for sure.

Also, what's the word on NBA 2K13/Steam-DRM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Curious - do you guys have any NON-STEAM versions of NBA2K13?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']EA does NBA Live series (which got cancelled again this year, BTW).
2K does NBA 2K series.

2K games sometimes use Securom, sometimes use Steam.
[shrug]
That's why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

The game absolutely activates on Steam, we won't even be distributing a build, only a Steam Key. Go tell your NBA loving friends to come pre-order the game!

[quote name='mnemnoch']Tony,

Regarding Nba 2k13, why is it the release of the digital version is Oct. 16 while the physical disk is Oct. 2?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jimmywolf13']retail store don't like too compete for selling a game since digital can be cheaper they want force people into store too increase their profit[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vince_carter']I'd rather wait and not get a buggy POS like last year. They raaarely patch the PC version.[/QUOTE]

This got pushed back to at least 10/16.

Burning, Flaming, Reflecting Bundle Origin Activation Questions:

[quote name='kesker']Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise
Mercenaries 2
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

I also would like to know this,are these all origin keys Tony?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, these games can be registered on Origin except for Bulletstorm I believe (not too sure about Mercenaries either). I've heard some people say they've had to chat with Origin support to get Saboteur to work as well. But all of them are playable by DLing the install files from Amazon and installing outside of Origin just using the serial provided.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Same here

Played it twice and totally loved it

The version Amazon sells is not Origin redeemable but with a little chat with Origin support, they will register it for you and if you're lucky enough they can even give you another key for the Limited Edition

Saboteur from Amazon does register on Origin though, I did it myself

As for Sleeping Dogs new price, hell, even at full $49.99, it is worth every penny. The game is one of the best games that were released recently. Period[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TraBuch']Didn't work for me when I bought that bundle months ago. Douchebag customer service dude I chatted with kept telling me to take a picture of the serial key and the box or else he couldn't do anything. He didn't seem to understand the concept of buying an online code.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']So, Tony, how is the situation on the Strategy First bundle? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']In addition to the above, any idea of how much the Strat-First Bundle will cost and how many games it will come with?
I'm definitely buying the Strat-First and 1C bundles, but trying to see if I have enough funds for the EA Pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TraBuch']Oh, and Tony, any plans for getting the PC version of The Amazing Spider-Man on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='r9800pro']Bulletstorm or The Saboteur ?

If it is Bulletstorm then yes, you'll need 2-3 tries to make Origin Support register it for you because what Amazon sells is the GFWL key, not Origin key but a screenshot of your Amazon account with the key should be a good idea

Origin chat help has gone really bad lately with all those India reps (no offense intended)

It is already on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Th...348870778&sr=8-1&keywords=spider-man+download[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']So do we have any consensus on which games are able to be registered on Origin and which are not?

From looking at the posts, it appears that right now we know:

Bulletstorm -- yes. Method: screenshot of key on My Games List with Amazon, may require multiple attempts.

Saboteur -- yes? Method ???

Burnout Paradise -- yes. Method ???

Mercenaries 2 -- ????

Mirror's Edge -- yes. Method ???

Could some folks that purchased the bundle or individual games from Amazon in the past help us fill in the blanks? Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']EA has a list of games that activate on Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

Burnout, Mirror's Edge, and Saboteur all are on that list. That means Bulletstorm [GFWL] and Mercenaries 2 do not activate on Origin [maybe they can be by badgering EA Support].

Found this link: https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin
Says to contact EA support to have an agent add Bulletstorm to your account.

I would refer agents to that link if they refuse to add Bulletstorm to your account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='golfer']This, I posted a fairly long review on this game on the EA sale page, nobody has responded to it yet. I have it on origin and the online aspect of it works.

Thanks for the update, even if it wasn't directed at my couple of questions on it.[/QUOTE]

My EA Rep informs me that ALL of the games in the bundle should now activate on Origin successfully. If they don't Origin CS should get it sorted for you quickly.

Other Random Questions:

[quote name='BernardoOne']So, Tony, how is the situation on the Strategy First bundle? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']In addition to the above, any idea of how much the Strat-First Bundle will cost and how many games it will come with?
I'm definitely buying the Strat-First and 1C bundles, but trying to see if I have enough funds for the EA Pack.[/QUOTE]

The Strat 1st and 1C bundles are stuck in hell. I don't know when they will be leaving but I email our reps at those companies daily :(.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Got anything awesome planned for Max Payne 3 PC download?
Right now, BestBuy has Max 3 Retail Box for $20 (for PC, PS3, and X360).
I know you Amazon DVG don't match retail, but just wondering if you got anything in the works...[/QUOTE]

I'm working on something for next month.

[quote name='espy605']Any chance of Amazon matching Battlefield 3 for $10 from GameStop Downloads?

http://impulsedriven.com/id/flashsales/spotlight/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I don't think Tony will match it since it is a flash sale.[/QUOTE]

We'll have BF3 for $10 one day this weekend. We'll also have the Ultimate Shortcut Pack for 75% off as well.

[quote name='Eoma']Tony, any chance for Darkness II @ 4.99 for Halloween sale ? :lol::applause:[/QUOTE]

I just shot an email over requesting that we do this. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Greyghost']Popcap bundle says it requires Origin. Is that a new thing? I don't recall those games requiring Origin in the past.

I already have them on Steam and as mentioned PvZ is going to be free anyway for Halloween so not such a great deal but I'm just curious on the Popcap/Origin thing.

I wonder if people will be able to harass EA reps to activate the Popcap games on Origin now.[/QUOTE]

Requiring Origin is a new thing, but probably should have been expected since EA absorbed PopCap last year.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']NBA 2K13 Questions:
The game absolutely activates on Steam, we won't even be distributing a build, only a Steam Key.[/quote]
It's not like NBA2K13 requires Steam flat-out. At retail, it'll be Non-Steam, AFAIK.
A real bummer - especially since for NBA2K12, you gave consumers options for either Non-Steam Version or Steam version...

Since NBA2K12 is now going out of date and getting old with NBA2K13 coming out VERY soon, anytime soon NBA2K12 might hit the cheap (like how it was $5 on GameFly in the end of August)?

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm working on something for next month.[/quote]
Look forward to seeing what you guys come up w/ for Max Payne 3 PC...

Hi Tony,

I've been checking a couple of times a day for the Wargame: European Escalation [Download] sale we discussed on this thread a couple of days ago already. Would this still be happening? No update on it at all :(

[quote name='Fozbot']Tony - Can you do a PM on these deals?[/QUOTE]

I'll have an answer on the Activision stuff tomorrow.

[quote name='nategator']Tony,

How were the sales for the 5-pack yesterday? Really good or just normal for this type of sale?[/QUOTE]

They were good :), any reason for asking or just curious?

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

I've been checking a couple of times a day for the Wargame: European Escalation [Download] sale we discussed on this thread a couple of days ago already. Would this still be happening? No update on it at all :([/QUOTE]

Oh hey, I thought I answered this. The PM didn't flow through to the site so the pricing is no longer in place. I do have an email in to those guys about running another promo with WGEE in it.

Cheers,
Tony

@Tony
Can we expect any deals on Dark Souls: PTD Edition before or around maybe...Halloween?

I dunno, but a Dark Souls: PTD during this month of Halloween...that just makes sense... ;)

[quote name='Mooby']Poor Tony getting deluged but still fielding questions like a champ![/QUOTE]

That's definitely one of many things Tony does great around here.

Sure, I and/or others might not like his answer, sometimes - but dammit, Tony answers almost every question thrown at him.
When it comes CS on these CAG Boards, Tony sure does most definitely get it.... :D

^5 for Tony on that.

The DLC for Dark Souls hits consoles around Halloween so I would wager that's a good time for Namco to offer the PC version on a decent sale.

Burning, Flaming, Reflecting Bundle Origin Activation Questions:

My EA Rep informs me that ALL of the games in the bundle should now activate on Origin successfully. If they don't Origin CS should get it sorted for you quickly.

Other Random Questions:

The Strat 1st and 1C bundles are stuck in hell. I don't know when they will be leaving but I email our reps at those companies daily :(.

We'll have BF3 for $10 one day this weekend. We'll also have the Ultimate Shortcut Pack for 75% off as well.

I just shot an email over requesting that we do this. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up and honesty regarding the Strategy First and 1C Bundles; still can't wait to grab these Bundles though. :)

In the meantime I'll probably grab the EA bundle + $10 BF3 + $5 Darkness II [if it happens].
Tony you are making me "Amazed" at these "Amazon" deals! :applause::applause:

They were good :), any reason for asking or just curious?
[/QUOTE]

Just curious. Since you asked, my reasons are mostly boring hobbiest curiosity of the economics of digital distribution. Also, I like it when I think a deal is going to sell like gangbusters and it turns out to be wildly popular. ;)

Also, I propose we stop asking Tony about the 1C and Strat 1st bundles until he gets the greenlight from his tech and publisher buddies. If they happen, they happen. But it's not like we're waiting to find out if Gordon Freeman is going to avenge the murder of Eli Vance in the north pole :)

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Can we expect any deals on Dark Souls: PTD Edition before or around maybe...Halloween?

I dunno, but a Dark Souls: PTD during this month of Halloween...that just makes sense... ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll ask about a Dark Souls promo.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wowimsocute']anyone get bad company 2 to activate on origin?[/QUOTE]

I bought BC2 from Amazon back in January and it activated on Origin no problem.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You're welcome! I have no idea what that game is :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Edna and Harvey: The Breakout. It is listed on the front page of this thread.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'll ask about a Dark Souls promo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ohh, that would be nice. I just bought the PS3 version for $15 used, but haven't even opened the envelope yet.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Ohh, that would be nice. I just bought the PS3 version for $15 used, but haven't even opened the envelope yet.[/QUOTE]
And the Dark Souls: PTD Ed PC version comes w/ some extra content, too. :D
Consoles supposed to be getting all of that extra content as $DLC for $15, soon enough...

Darksiders 2 DLCs are on Amazon for pre-order and they were supposed to be released Oct 2nd, now they are to be released on Oct 9th :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back