Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gomikeoh']How is that exactly crappy? You should pick and choose when to buy your games. You felt that those deals were worth it for you at the time, so you bought them.

Case in point: I REALLY REALLY REALLY ....REALLLLLLLLLLY want to play Sleeping dogs, and could buy it for 22.50 + tax after the 25% code Tony supplied today... But that simply isnt my price point. I know that it will drop low and fast because it is a new IP and holiday season is coming around.

When it hits the price point I want to pay and play it. I think the full price of admission on Sleeping dogs is worth it, but I just do not have that budget.

You have no reason to complain. I could see if it was a day or two the price changed, sure...but this is nearly a full month you are asking for leeway for here.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I have $20+ in credit so it would be practically free. I'm going to wait for the GOTY Edition though. Besides i wouldn't play that game for months anyway.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up that it is on sale on Amazon often, and has been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

The steam key one too? Or just the pc download?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yup, I'm pretty sure it was $15. Came with most of the older GTA games (not IV, I don't think) and also had Midnight Club 2. Not sure if it had anything else (other than Bully).

I'm sure it'll be cheaper next time around.[/QUOTE]

It was GTA Vice City, GTA San Adreas, Midnight Club 2, Bully, and Max Payne 2 for $15. All Steam codes.

It allowed me to play Midnight Club 2 while waiting for the mildly disappointing Steam summer sales.

[quote name='nategator']I would think any sales rep worth his salt wouldn't mind feedback. It's an opportunity to address concerns head-on and possibly turn a current/future lost sale into a sale. If you believe in your product or service.[/QUOTE]
Yes and no. It's good unless it turns your presence into a focal point for tons of negativity (usually from a select minority) which drives people away from your service because all they see is a river of bitching. Then it's having the opposite of the intended effect. Face it, some people just aren't reasonable and no amount of sane customer service will make them so, especially when they know they have a public forum and the captive ear of a company scapegoat.

I'm not at all implying that's what's happening here. Pretty much the opposite, in fact.

I feel a little bad that I can't contribute to Tony's data gathering by using his coupon but my backlog is just too large right now, even for $22.50 Sleeping Dogs. It hurts my soul a little just to say that but I need to stay strong for a bit and play some of these games. If it makes you feel better, Tony, Amazon got all my cash on the front end :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Upcoming Deals Everyone!

Deal of the Week: 10/7-10/13

Fear Pack: $9.99

Fear 1
Fear 2
Fear 3

Batman Pack: $9.99

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum

Both WB Packs activate on Steam.

Vessel: $4.99 - DRM Free

Battlefield 3: $9.99 - Saturday, 10/6 Only

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Tony, is there any chance that the Batman pack can be altered so it contains the Harley Quinn's Revenge too? Or a separate deal for it? I already have Batman: AC on Steam, but he DLC is not available in my region. I would love if I had a chance to grab a Steam redeemable copy from Amazon :)

[quote name='jshackles']Tony,

Any chance of matching the THQ Steam weekend deal on Darksiders II?[/QUOTE]

And the new DLCs too? A bundle deal with all the DLC would be great! :lol:

Question for you folks has Darksiders (the original) ever been below 10 dollars? Wondering if I should wait or not on that.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Question for you folks has Darksiders (the original) ever been below 10 dollars? Wondering if I should wait or not on that.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The original hits $5 consistently and might have even been cheaper in a bundle I think. In fact I have an extra steam key you could have for $2.50 if you want.

[quote name='Fozbot']And the new DLCs too? A bundle deal with all the DLC would be great! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would only need the DLCs though

I will never pre-order THQ games again, they always get at least 50% off very soon. Hell even Darksiders 2 was 50% off on THQ store for pre-order last November !

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']As long as you are paying what you feel is a great price at the time, you shouldn't do anything with future sales for the same game digitally except learn perhaps from the sales pattern with said publisher and/or said franchise and wait longer next time. If you can wait. Never underestimate how much having that game an extra month can be worth to some people. That's the reason many people pay $60 for a game when I will NEVER pay $60 for a game. Not ever.
[/QUOTE]

That's the heart of the issue, right there. Buying a game isn't just about the price of the game when you buy it; it's about the price of the game relative to future anticipated price drops. If you think you're going to get enjoyment from a game between now and the next price drop, you'll buy it now. If you have a huge backlog, and you know you're not actually going to play a game before its next sale, you'll hold off.

Unless you only buy games that are 90% off, there's always a chance that you're buying something today that could be available cheaper tomorrow.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I looked at that too, fortunately all the dlc can be purchased directly through Steam, I thought it might be only theough Games for Windows Live Marketplace (looking at you Bioshock 2), but even at this price it's a steal, and you could wait for the winter sale for the DLC. Still waiting to see if securom is included though.[/QUOTE]

Rocksteady has yet to remove SecuROM from either Batman title. Until they do, I won't buy the games at any price. (I know that Amazon has a policy of giving out fresh keys when the limited activations expire, but I'm pretty sure the second key would have to be non-Steam; and buying a game shackled by SecuROM is giving tacit encouragement to the developer to keep adding that crap to future games.)

[quote name='Mac the Geek']
Rocksteady has yet to remove SecuROM from either Batman title. Until they do, I won't buy the games at any price. (I know that Amazon has a policy of giving out fresh keys when the limited activations expire, but I'm pretty sure the second key would have to be non-Steam; and buying a game shackled by SecuROM is giving tacit encouragement to the developer to keep adding that crap to future games.)[/QUOTE]

Interesting argument. I applaud you fighting for the rest of us by holding off buying a product you want. I only wish I shared your discipline. Alas, the Amazon activation key solution is good enough for me. ;)

Tony please say you'll be matching the THQ sale. I want the Darksiders 2 season pass and would love to use the coupon too :D

I'm fine with a month between price drops. Price drops don't annoy me unless they happen in a very short period of time. For example, Trendy putting DD on sale right before the summer sale and the Jade Empire fiasco.

One suggestion. If you're going to start doing the coupon thing more frequently, then please give the coupon out on Sunday. I imagine there may be some folks who bought one of your current bundles early and is now irked that it's $2.50 cheaper 3 days later.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, just curious what you think the time frame between promotions should be? Or if you're suggesting that we don't test out pricing to see what works?

I'm happy to alleviate customer frustration, and strive to do so regularly. Understand that feedback like this will absolutely result in fewer bundle deals getting re-run at better prices though.[/QUOTE]
I firmly believe that from a business POV, it's better for you to ignore cries of "ahhhhh this was three cents cheaper on the third of November 1991!" as 90% of your customers don't know/care. You could do some form of survey/poll to get a more reliable number, but customers tend to be annoyed by those. :D
There is nothing wrong with some form of 'sale' being, for example, not a good deal as the one before/after -- unless Amazon prevents one from buying at a set sale price (happened to me once when I bought three or four copies of DoW2R and apparently did this with so much enthusiasm that Amazon cancelled all my orders and didn't let me buy again until after the sale). Of course it could be in bad taste to promote a 50% sale of a recent product very strongly and then have a 75% off sale just two weeks later - but there what needs more improvement is the email sale communication. Amazon should know what games I might want and tell me about sales the moment they go on sale. It's useless to me if I get an email about it after the sale ended or as it's about to end, and it's unhelpful if I only get an email a week in advance, as few people are going to be so excited over a game sale that they write it into their schedule or set a phone alarm or what do I know. And by tuning the emails, you can also tune how heavily you promote a sale, and then all you need to do is just use common sense to not over-hype a sale that you'll massively undercut a few days later..

(What CAGers need to accept in this context is that there can't be a new 99% off Skyrim deal every week, $10 for 2x Batman or $10 for 3x FEAR is still pretty damn acceptable.)

P.S.: You can sure pander to people here via "we might have this even cheaper in a month!", but.. I guess you don't always know that, and I don't know if you'd always want to reveal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mac the Geek']
Rocksteady has yet to remove SecuROM from either Batman title. Until they do, I won't buy the games at any price. (I know that Amazon has a policy of giving out fresh keys when the limited activations expire, but I'm pretty sure the second key would have to be non-Steam; and buying a game shackled by SecuROM is giving tacit encouragement to the developer to keep adding that crap to future games.)[/QUOTE]

Agreed, even if Amazon gave you a new key it would have to be a non-Steam one to work. If the Securom DRM locks you out the Steam DRM won't know this. It just knows that according to Steam you own the game, so it won't let you register another key. You already own it.

In theory I suppose you might be able to get Valve to remove your original key so you can re-register a new one from Amazon but A) Good luck explaining that to a Valve CSR and getting them to understand and go a long and B) Who wants to go through all that headache?

Basically even with Amazon's policy, if Securom locks you out of a Steam game you are pretty much locked out of having it on Steam for good.

[quote name='MysterD']I don't know, but does anyone know if FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 require Origin to run to actually play?[/QUOTE]
If you want to have a meaningful multiplayer experience, Origin's definitely required, and playing against the AI gets very .. formulaic very quickly. They're of course still infinitely better than any game KONAMI have came up with in the last half-decade. At least 13 requires it to launch; if this really helps you I can see what happens when I kill it while the game is running?

[quote name='Daykain']Also there is no other DD site I can think of that has price drops and will credit accounts for the difference. It is up to you as the consumer to decide at what price point you buy at. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
Well, when GMG offered different preorder prices for a game and reduced it after I ordered, I yelled at them to have the difference thrown onto my account there. But yeah, for non-preorder cases, yes :).

[quote name='Greyghost']In theory I suppose you might be able to get Valve to remove your original key so you can re-register a new one from Amazon but A) Good luck explaining that to a Valve CSR and getting them to understand and go a long and B) Who wants to go through all that headache?
[/QUOTE]
Getting Steam support to remove a subscription from your account is super-easy.

[quote name='Greyghost']Agreed, even if Amazon gave you a new key it would have to be a non-Steam one to work. If the Securom DRM locks you out the Steam DRM won't know this. It just knows that according to Steam you own the game, so it won't let you register another key. You already own it.

In theory I suppose you might be able to get Valve to remove your original key so you can re-register a new one from Amazon but A) Good luck explaining that to a Valve CSR and getting them to understand and go a long and B) Who wants to go through all that headache?

Basically even with Amazon's policy, if Securom locks you out of a Steam game you are pretty much locked out of having it on Steam for good.[/QUOTE]

Let's look at exactly what we're talking about:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum;
    • Non-GotY Edition: 4 activations per month. A revoke tool is available in your Steam Tools section.
    • GotY Edition: 4 machine limit. Revoke using /revoke parameter.
  • Batman: Arkham City; 5 machine limit, 10 activations per machine
http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List

So, in order to run into a Steam issue, you would need to either be the type of person that needs to activate their game more than 4 times per month for AA or want to activate more than 5 machines or more than 10 activations per machine. And even if you do that, you still get a new code free from Amazon. How many CAGers readers of this thread would you estimate that would run into an activation limit during their normal gaming life? My guess is 0, but just in case for the random odd person that does run into a problem -- Amazon has your back too by providing a solution. It may not be a perfect solution in all situations, but my guess is that if I am installing the same game on 5 different machines and still want to play it, I can live with playing a non-Steam version.

I think you are more likely to run into an OS issue (Batman AC not being compatible with Windows 13) than an activation limit, unless you are professionally testing games for publication.

Some activation limits are draconian and a reason for not making a purchase (for example, some past Ubisoft DRM before they went to Uplay). These games do not fall into that category.

And whoops on my confusion between Rockstar and Rocksteady.

Re: time between promotions. Welcome to the world of digital download promotions. No one can complain about things going on sale for cheaper at a later date -- it is the nature of the beast. Hell, this is true in pretty much all walks of life. Set a price in your head of what you're willing to pay for something and stick to it.

[quote name='Luckz']I
Getting Steam support to remove a subscription from your account is super-easy.[/QUOTE]

Really? I certainly had no luck doing so.

[quote name='gilby']Really? I certainly had no luck doing so.[/QUOTE]

Open a support ticket and send them this:

Please remove my Subscription to _______ game pursuant to the Steam Subscription Agreement.
13. TERM AND TERMINATION

Either you or Valve has the right to terminate or cancel your Account or a particular Subscription at any time. You understand and agree that the cancellation of your Account or a particular Subscription is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with Valve.
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

I understand that I will need to acquire a new activation code and/or repurchase the game if I want to have it back in my Steam Library.

Easy.

Someone (I think on reddit) said that Tony's scared to match the THQ sale because of that 25% coupon floating around.

Back in January, Tony had no problem matching a steam sale for Medal Of Honor @ $5. At the time, there were $5 off coupons that could be used on MoH. So people were able to get the game for free.

On the subject of the 25% coupon though, does anybody know if there was a deadline for when it expires?

Saints Row 3 75% off... stackable with promo code~

[quote name='The End']Back in January, Tony had no problem matching a steam sale for Medal Of Honor @ $5. At the time, there were $5 off coupons that could be used on MoH. So people were able to get the game for free.

On the subject of the 25% coupon though, does anybody know if there was a deadline for when it expires?[/QUOTE]

No deadline but he said it's a test thing and can be pulled at any time.

[quote name='Mooby']Saints Row 3 75% off... stackable with promo code~

No deadline but he said it's a test thing and can be pulled at any time.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure Saints Row 3 is supposed to be 75% off? I see here that they are planning 66% off:

http://www.thq.com/us/go/article/view/homepage_article/260305/thq_steam_weekend_sale

So a 25% off code would make it $9.89. A good deal, close to Amazon's previous $10 deal. BUT GMG did once offer it for $7.50 on September 11, after their 25% off code: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/79866/green-man-gaming-saints-row-the-third-pc-digital-download

Additionally, Homefront was already $4 on GMG recently (75% off + 20% off code) and I cannot remember the lowest Metro got during GMG code stacking but it was pretty cheap, so while a price match would be welcome it's not unprecedented for these titles to be discounted below $5.

Stacking the 25% and price matching Steam would bring Amazon's sale in line with what GMG has done.

Just in case Tony is getting any pushback internally or with THQ ;)

[quote name='nategator']Are you sure Saints Row 3 is supposed to be 75% off? [/QUOTE]

I was joking/wishful thinking. :lol:

[quote name='nategator']Open a support ticket and send them this:

[snipped]
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I didn't cite anything, but I did ask for a game to be removed (due to getting a refund from Amazon) and was told no need by Steam support.

To the one who wants to uninstall batman ac: Why?
Buy this hard drive
http://www.storagenewsletter.com/news/flash/foremay-ec188-d-series-pcie-ssd
Up to 12TB SSD PCIe SSD From Foremay

This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on Thu, January 20th, 2011
With hexa bus slot configuration, R/W up to 4.0/3.8 GB/s
Foremay, Inc. announced volume shipping of its EC188 D-series PCIe SSD solution with PCIe card host interfaces.

foremay_ec188_dseries_pcie_ssd.jpg

The EC188 D-series PCIe SSD product line is designed for high speed, high IOPS, and high concurrent access servers and workstations with x4 PCIe, x8 PCIe or x16 PCIe slots. The EC188 D-series PCIe flash hard drives have speeds up to 4.0 GB/s for reading and 3.8 GB/s for writing in hexa bus slot configurations. It also has IOPS of up to 250,000 for both read and write. Its hexa bus slot configuration brings the capacity up to 12 Terabytes, or 12,000 GB.

"EC188 D-series PCIe solid state drives are bootable SSD solutions with no external power requirement," said Jason Hoover, Foremay’s VP Marketing. "The D-series PCIe SSD supports various server and workstation operating systems including Windows, Macintosh, Linux and selected Unix systems."

Application examples for EC188 PCIe SSD drive:
  • Cloud computing servers
  • Database storage such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Severs
  • 3G/4G Wireless Mobile Content, Mobile Video/TV and Mobile Internet Systems
  • High Performance and High Reliability Banking Systems
  • High Responsive Real Time Processing Servers for Stock / Security Exchanges
  • I/O Dense Servers/Workstations such as Mail Servers, E-commerce Servers, Data servers, Online Gaming Servers, Web Hosting Severs, and Video Streaming Servers
  • Recording/editing/transmitting of film, HD video, and HDTV
  • High Concurrent Reading Systems such as Commercial IPTV and VOD Systems
  • High Concurrent Writing Systems such as Public Security Surveillance Video Recorders
  • EAD / IC design simulation, extraction and verification
  • High Speed Enterprise IT Systems and Data Centers
  • Fault Tolerant Applications
  • High Speed Data Acquisition and Collection
  • Medical Imaging
  • Scientific Research
  • 3D Imaging and Modeling
Model Dual Bus Slots - Single Bus Slot
  • Model-W 1.6/1.5 GB/s - 750/700 MB/s
  • Model-V 1.4/1.1 GB/s - 600/600 MB/s
  • Model-U 1,200/800 MB/s - 400/500 MB/s
EC188 D-series PCIe SSD Availability
EC188 D-series PCIe SSD drives are now shipping in volume from single bus slot to hexa bus slot configurations.
You Don't Know Jack on sale on Steam for 9.99. woohoo , i'm broke lol

[quote name='equalsP']Tony X-Com has a $15 credit when you pre-order the PS3 and 360 version on Amazon. Any chance we can get this with the PCDD?[/QUOTE]

come on, it's already $15 less than the regular PC version + it includes Civ V

[quote name='erequena']come on, it's already $15 less than the regular PC version + it includes Civ V[/QUOTE]

I would love to get that $15 credit since I already have Civ V :lol: I haven't made the purchase yet because of that and also it's only $5 off the list price.

[quote name='TheGhostrider']I would love to get that $15 credit since I already have Civ V :lol: I haven't made the purchase yet because of that and also it's only $5 off the list price.[/QUOTE]

A user on these forums sells a Steam tradeable copy that comes with all the extras for $35, his name is JakeNome. I've bought from him a few times and other CAG's have as well with no problems at all.

[quote name='KaOTiK']A user on these forums sells a Steam tradeable copy that comes with all the extras for $35, his name is JakeNome. I've bought from him a few times and other CAG's have as well with no problems at all.[/QUOTE]

I could sell my tradeable copy for $35 as well, anyone interested just PM me.

[quote name='KaOTiK']A user on these forums sells a Steam tradeable copy that comes with all the extras for $35, his name is JakeNome. I've bought from him a few times and other CAG's have as well with no problems at all.[/QUOTE]

For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Wait, so are all the titles in this bundle activateable on Origin though this method without having to harass customer service? I may have to get it if so.[/QUOTE]

The only one from the bundle that you need to use that link to activate it on Origin is Mercenaries 2. All the rest can be activated in the client.

[quote name='erequena']come on, it's already $15 less than the regular PC version + it includes Civ V[/QUOTE]

That works. I haven't ever thought of selling it. I just assumed no one would want to buy it over $10. I'll try that and if I happen to get the $15+ credit too, oh happy day.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.[/QUOTE]

True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky

[quote name='r9800pro']True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky[/QUOTE]

Yes, it'll say "XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase" as the first line in the description section. The locked version might be what Steam starts selling once the game is released, but the prepurchase will remain unlocked.

I do agree that it's slightly risky (and against the Steam TOS since you're bypassing regional pricing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back