Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Yes, it'll say "XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase" as the first line in the description section. The locked version might be what Steam starts selling once the game is released, but the prepurchase will remain unlocked.

I do agree that it's slightly risky (and against the Steam TOS since you're bypassing regional pricing).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarification. Steam is so complicated when it comes to region restrictions so I always stick with (ROW : Rest Of World) or untagged games in trading or buy from my own store

[quote name='BMXJouster']Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D[/QUOTE]

:hot:

[quote name='BMXJouster']Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Id love to pick this up from amazon at this point. Bioshock 1 and 2 are 4.99 each. Im probably the only one that did not buy them at this price already though....

[quote name='nategator']
So a 25% off code would make it $9.89. A good deal, close to Amazon's previous $10 deal. BUT GMG did once offer it for $7.50 on September 11, after their 25% off code: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/79866/green-man-gaming-saints-row-the-third-pc-digital-download[/QUOTE]
I believe Australian Steam had the SR3 franchise pack (so ~all the DLCs?) for $9 once ^_^
I paid $50 for the game plus the season pack & funtime pack as preorder bonuses, and then various further monies for DLC

[quote name='arsenhazzard']For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.[/QUOTE]
I don't think things that violate the Steam subscriber agreement (like re-selling Steam gifts) are a very good thing to promote here. Fortunately we also have insightful comments like yours and not just advertisements for RU gift buying like the posts before.

P.S.: I'd still consider it quite possible that the Russian Steam gift version will end up having some extra restriction applied on launch, it's happened before - like a limitation to being playable in Russian only or to only run from RU/CIS IPs. The Russian retail version will only run from Russian/CIS IPs.

[quote name='r9800pro']True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky[/QUOTE]

I believe the 'Locked' one is a test version used internally ("ReleaseStateOverride" for both 16582 and 16583), and the real retail (with preorder bonuses?) will be 16376 :D

I agree.... please price match for this game and Darkness II.

Thanks.

Agreed

[quote name='manbar']I agree.... please price match for this game and Darkness II.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Agreed[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']May I kindly request a PM on Spec Ops, Darkness II, and Civ 5 for $7.49 from gamefly.com.[/QUOTE]

Tony,
I fifth this motion, a PM would be amazing, been wanting Spec Ops pretty bad, and the others are great deals that should be matched too. I know you are already going to PM battlefield 3 tomorrow, so that is cool to.
-monkeyz

[quote name='monkeyz']Tony,
I fifth this motion, a PM would be amazing, been wanting Spec Ops pretty bad, and the others are great deals that should be matched too. I know you are already going to PM battlefield 3 tomorrow, so that is cool to.
-monkeyz[/QUOTE]

I sixth, seventh and eighth this coz I have 3 friends who want Spec Ops :lol:

[quote name='209chromatic']So when can we see a $10 Skryim TRU pricematch?[/QUOTE]

Amazon DVG needs to sign Zenimax/Bethesda FIRST to a digital download distribution deal here...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I concur![/QUOTE]

Ye I second that, wanted to buy it on the last sale

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']May I kindly request a PM on Spec Ops, Darkness II, and Civ 5 for $7.49 from gamefly.com.[/QUOTE]

+1. :lol:

Add another support to the Gamefly price match request for me. Would much rather deal with Amazon than go through with making a new account there. Either way, $7.49 is too good to pass on.

Hey guys,

Email sent on the GF and Steam PMs. Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

I'll check back in via mobile later today to see what's up. Happy Friday everyone!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']If Tony does actually price-match Spec Ops: The Line, would "OCTOFUN1" work on it? :p[/QUOTE]

Unless they revoke that code before the price match goes live, I don't see why not. They have allowed promo codes to stack with price matches in the past.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,
Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

[/QUOTE]

Oh, sure...rub it in that you're on the beach right now, why don't you... :(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Email sent on the GF and Steam PMs. Like I said I'm currently OOTO (for any of you not on a beach right now I'm sorry!).

I'll check back in via mobile later today to see what's up. Happy Friday everyone!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You rock. My 90 bux in amazon credit is itching to be burned. :)

I live close to the beach... hope you are fishing. Fall is the best time of the year for it!! :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Understand Black Friday, but I'm going to start responding to these posts by asking you to name a couple of deals Steam has had that have been better than anything we've run since January...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Steam summer sale had Saint's Row the Third with ALL DLC for $13.29. That was never matched although I remember it being mentioned for Amazon's Labor Day sale. I guess it never went through. :p

Strangely, I've been buying a whole bunch of my digital games from Gamefly lately. With the "$5 Fridays" and then the "Weekend Sales"

In the past few weeks I've grabbed NBA2K12 for $5, Lego Harry Potter (s) at 75% off, same with Lego Batman 2 ($7.49) and now Spec Ops: the line for $7.49.

When I compare that to Steam (nothing since the summer sale) and even Amazon to an extent (excellent prices, but games I already own) Gamefly has been really good with prices lately.

Weird, eh?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']THQ stuff is matched. Hamsters are sprinting like madmen.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks Tony :applause:

[quote name='r9800pro']Thanks for clarification. Steam is so complicated when it comes to region restrictions so I always stick with (ROW : Rest Of World) or untagged games in trading or buy from my own store
:hot:[/QUOTE]

How do you tell how a game is tagged on Steam?

Since I've never preordered with Amazon before, does Amazon do anything like releasing keys early if the game goes up for preload like XCOM just did on Steam? Or do they just stick to the normal release date?

[quote name='Corpekata']Since I've never preordered with Amazon before, does Amazon do anything like releasing keys early if the game goes up for preload like XCOM just did on Steam? Or do they just stick to the normal release date?[/QUOTE]

Yup they sometimes do that.

For the gamefly sale price match, is it still coming?

[quote name='Idx86']Let's see that price match on Spec Ops: The Line now. :)[/QUOTE]

I think I'd finally bite on Spec Ops if it's PM'd. I wish I could add both Spec Ops and the EA pack to the same order for the coupon code tho. I think I'd use the coupon on those two if I could rather then hoping it stays live for the Batman pack.

[quote name='Corpekata']Since I've never preordered with Amazon before, does Amazon do anything like releasing keys early if the game goes up for preload like XCOM just did on Steam? Or do they just stick to the normal release date?[/QUOTE]

They give you the keys as soon as they get them. We had BL2 keys 4-5 days before release.

[quote name='Anthonomy']Steam summer sale had Saint's Row the Third with ALL DLC for $13.29. That was never matched although I remember it being mentioned for Amazon's Labor Day sale. I guess it never went through. :p[/QUOTE]
Or how about 90% off just the dlc for us suckers who bought it too early? :bouncy:

[quote name='gilby']How do you tell how a game is tagged on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Use http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/search

The easiest way to find the sub ID is to go to the appropriate regional Steam store, navigate to the game you want, and hover over the 'Add to cart' button. The address will be something resembling 'javascript:addToCart(SUB_ID_HERE);'. Just search for that sub ID on cdr.

The name for the sub will be the first line in the description section if you're viewing the game via someone's inventory or the trade window. Region restricted games will have a line that says 'onlyallowrunincountries' in the 'Extended Info' section at the bottom.

Note that this only applies to restrictions Steam enforces. If the game uses other DRM or online services (like GFWL), there may be other regional protections in place like IP blocks.

[quote name='arsenhazzard']Use http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/search

The easiest way to find the sub ID is to go to the appropriate regional Steam store, navigate to the game you want, and hover over the 'Add to cart' button. The address will be something resembling 'javascript:addToCart(SUB_ID_HERE);'. Just search for that sub ID on cdr.
[/QUOTE]

So I can assume that if the sub ID is the same in the US steam store and regional steam store it's the same item I and won't accidentally be getting a non-US game if trading?

[quote name='gilby']So I can assume that if the sub ID is the same in the US steam store and regional steam store it's the same item I and won't accidentally be getting a non-US game if trading?[/QUOTE]

That's right. But you also need to check for any tags the games may have in Steam inventories. Sometimes Steam releases games untagged/region free then locks them or vice versa

It was really funny when they recently locked Borderlands 2 Season Pass, that NEVER happened before :D

[quote name='r9800pro']That's right. But you also need to check for any tags the games may have in Steam inventories. Sometimes Steam releases games untagged/region free then locks them or vice versa
[/QUOTE]

So take time to look at what is being offered in the trade interface. Pretty standard advice. The info on different regional versions of games is good stuff, though. Thanks.

Get Games offers Saints Row 3 for $10 including all DLC (or at least that is what they advertise). Match?

[quote name='manbar']Get Games offers Saints Row 3 for $10 including all DLC (or at least that is what they advertise). Match?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will not match international sites such as GetGamesGo or GMG.

[quote name='manbar']Get Games offers Saints Row 3 for $10 including all DLC (or at least that is what they advertise). Match?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

[quote name='jrodri86']Amazon doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. A good deal, anyway. Let's hope GF deals are matched :lol:

The product page is currently down so I think it was an advertisement error. Get Games does not even carry all the individual DLCs for Saints Row 3

[quote name='r9800pro']It was really funny when they recently locked Borderlands 2 Season Pass, that NEVER happened before :D[/QUOTE]
Whoa, they did? So everyone getting them cheap from Russia got them locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back