Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']Not likely since Amazon doesn't carry any of these on their download service.[/QUOTE]

Oh hahaha dang that's too bad. I always thought Amazon had everything on the digital side of gaming.

[quote name='mac101010']Oh hahaha dang that's too bad. I always thought Amazon had everything on the digital side of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Their catalogue is small but it's growing pretty fast. The WB software signing up recently was big news. I think everyone was pleasantly surprised that Amazon became the biggest news this year in terms of game software sales.

Well if that coupon code is still working (and you haven't used it yet/one time use) then that would make Risen 2 about $12ish or Risen 1 $3.75ish.

Edit: beaten!

Tony I know this isn't really your area but any idea when those of us who preordered Dishonored from Amazon will receive the preorder bonus email? :)

If anyone got the Batdude double-pack and wants to unload the Arkham City half, PM me with deets.

Thanks, gilby!

[quote name='DirkBelig']If anyone got the Batdude double-pack and wants to unload the Arkham City half, PM me with deets. Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Your in line, behind me(at least). I have had that offer up for days, so don't hold your breath

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Of course you can!

Also, if anyone's wondering Severose plays a mean Jungle Mumu.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I sent a friend request, I'm EstesFlo

[quote name='CheapThomas']I'm still waiting for Tony to surprise us with a bethesda 4pack bundle: lets say morrowind, oblivion, fallout3 and las vegas all for $9.99 ??? of course all of 'em GOTY w/ steam keys...:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='6er']No joke. It needs to have skyrim and dawnguard and cost $20. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I want what you two have been smoking.

@Tony, the awesome deals keep flowing week after week. Thanks :bouncy:

I bit on the Batman pack... Shame I can't play since stupid GFWL won't install, three days and counting trying to get it to work. About to give up and call it a $10 loss.

Oh well still a kick ass deal even if it made me hate ms that much more

[quote name='Fresh8142']I bit on the Batman pack... Shame I can't play since stupid GFWL won't install, three days and counting trying to get it to work. About to give up and call it a $10 loss.

Oh well still a kick ass deal even if it made me hate ms that much more[/QUOTE]

If you check your running services and can't find either Windows Update or the Background Intelligent File Transfer, then a fresh install is how I fixed it. There's a ton of threads to try different things. Tried them all, just bite the bullet and spend the hour to reinstall.

[quote name='sunasun']I want what you two have been smoking.

@Tony, the awesome deals keep flowing week after week. Thanks :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Not smoking anything. Newborn twins will made you delirious though :lol:

[quote name='TimeBomb']Kingdoms of Amalur is 50-65% off at GamersGate. http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-KOARC/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-collection-bundle
Can Amazon match it? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ahem...

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

Seeing what a nice guy Tony is though, he'll probably tell that they'll have it on sale sometime soon for an even lower price...

[quote name='Fresh8142']I bit on the Batman pack... Shame I can't play since stupid GFWL won't install[/QUOTE]
When GFWL installs it creates a detailed log file located in c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\GFWLive\Install\Logs on Windows 7 & Vista. You need to read the log and see which piece of GFWL is not installing (there are three parts to it).
First, download the latest GFWL installer from http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/1/E61EE391-8B89-425D-A80A-614A44FD3345/gfwlivesetup.exe , and then run it.

It should download and install three installer packages (xliveredist.msi, gfwlclient.msi, and wllogin_32.msi or wllogin_64.msi depending upon whether you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows).

If the GFWL installation fails, it is usually because the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (wllogin_32.msi/wllogin_64.msi) fails. To fix this, simply run the sign-in assistant installer package using the following command-line:

Msiexec /i wllogin_32.msi /l*v C:\setupLog.txt NOMU=1

If you are using 64-bit windows, the command-line will be:

Msiexec /i wllogin_64.msi /l*v C:\setupLog.txt NOMU=1

If you do not have the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant and the GFWL installer did not download it or you can't find it, you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15106

That is the version you want for GFWL, not the newer version that comes with Microsoft's Windows Live software. If you have the newer version already, it will work, but 6.5 is the one which the GFWL installer downloads if you don't have it.

If it doesn't work, check the setuplog.txt file on your C: drive to see why the installation failed.

If it still doesn't work, you can always give this a try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977844

One final note: The Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant service MUST BE RUNNING when the game is launched for GFWL to work. That is why the GFWL installer will set that service to automatic and start it.
Some games which use GFWL are poorly written and will crash when launched if this service is not running instead of simply notifying you that you need to start it.

[quote name='renhoelder']Ahem...

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

Seeing what a nice guy Tony is though, he'll probably tell that they'll have it on sale sometime soon for an even lower price...[/QUOTE]

Origin actually has it on sale right now for $16

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.232511600

Still too high for me but may be helpful for those wanting Amazon to match.

[quote name='erequena']Got the F.E.A.R. pack. Thanks Tony!

However, I already have the first game, would anyone be interested in a F.E.A.R. key for $2.50 Amazon GC?[/QUOTE]

PM sent. :)

[quote name='TimeBomb']Kingdoms of Amalur is 50-65% off at GamersGate. http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-KOARC/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-collection-bundle
Can Amazon match it? Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='espy605']Origin actually has it on sale right now for $16

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.232511600

Still too high for me but may be helpful for those wanting Amazon to match.[/QUOTE]

Actually with my permanent 15% off code at Gamersgate, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection is $14.86 which is pretty good

Origin Store shows $39.99 for me too

[quote name='TimeBomb']I see $39.99.[/QUOTE]

It's a Special saLe through another sIte that Carries information about all Kinds of great DEALS. If you look through the CAG video game deal forum, you should be able to find details on how to get access to the sale.

[quote name='r9800pro']Actually with my permanent 15% off code at Gamersgate, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collection is $14.86 which is pretty good[/QUOTE]

$14.86 includes the game + both DLC's. Which is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']It's a Special saLe through another sIte that Carries information about all Kinds of great DEALS. If you look through the CAG video game deal forum, you should be able to find details on how to get access to the sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure CrimsonTribe is referring to SlickDeals.

[quote name='Seraphym']$14.86 includes the game + both DLC's. Which is a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty sure CrimsonTribe is referring to SlickDeals.[/QUOTE]

That's what's truly appealing for me, the price of KOA+both DLC on GG.

Origin is simply matching Amazon's previous $16 price for base KoA. You won't see the $16 on Origin unless you go through the link on SD.

[quote name='Seraphym']$14.86 includes the game + both DLC's. Which is a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty sure CrimsonTribe is referring to SlickDeals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the $14.86 with DLC is pretty difficult to beat!

[quote name='6er']Not smoking anything. Newborn twins will made you delirious though :lol:[/QUOTE]

Awww, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: Are they your first?

Guys,

Our Deal of the Week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damn!!

That IS stupid awesome, thanks a lot Tony, you guys rule!

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You know, I'm just going to stop buying games elsewhere period. lol. I paid $3.99 for DE:HR and $3.75 for Quantum Conundrum thinking those were deals in the last few months. Definitely still getting this for the games I don't have.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Many of you have my direct email and cell phone number.

I consider it a testament to the fact that you aren't crazy people that I received 0 phone calls over my vacation :).

Glad to be back, long live the deals.

October should be fun, November and December are going to be face melting...that's right... face melting.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

if this is just "stupid awesome", i'm almost afraid of what "face melting" is like...almost

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, I'm just going to stop buying games elsewhere period. lol. I paid $3.99 for DE:HR and $3.75 for Quantum Conundrum thinking those were deals in the last few months. Definitely still getting this for the games I don't have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've learned that "Good deals come to those who wait for Amazon"

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Seriously, this is the best game deal I've ever seen in my entire life

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Linky? :D

[quote name='erequena']Yeah, I've learned that "Good deals come to those who wait for Amazon"[/QUOTE]

Erequena, I sent you a PM, but you didn't reply. Did you already sell F.E.A.R.?

Tony, really awesome deal for the next week! Amazon is becoming my favourite game shopping place. :D

Excellent deal! I've already got all of these titles, but this is an INSANE value for $10.

I love Amazon so much that I'll probably be buying this bundle just to give away on Steam Gifts. Tony, just so you know, my family spends a few hundred dollars a month with Amazon, and part of the trust I have in your company comes from their willingness to interact directly with the community here. Bravo!

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

[/QUOTE]

Wow. A bunch of games I've been considering separately. Sweet bundle.

[quote name='RavenHD']Erequena, I sent you a PM, but you didn't reply. Did you already sell F.E.A.R.?

Tony, really awesome deal for the next week! Amazon is becoming my favourite game shopping place. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry dude! At work CAG doesn't display properly, one of the issues is precisely the PM notifications.

Yeah, it's been sold, Fox beat you to it

I have every single game listed, but that bundle is insanely good. Like, all time good. Thinking about buying just to have as steam gifts.

[quote name='Mooby']Well if that coupon code is still working (and you haven't used it yet/one time use) then that would make Risen 2 about $12ish or Risen 1 $3.75ish.

Edit: beaten![/QUOTE]

I think the coupon is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back