Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Have some of those games, but I'm definitely done buying stuff on steam. Paid at least $15 for Deus Ex and Just Cause 2 alone and never got around to them. Ill hold off on this one but I'm definitely going to try to save up some Black Friday funds

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Dammit Amazonman, I paid $20 for Deus Ex and it's DLC back in January and now I look a fool because not even 10 months later you are selling it for a reduced price, along with a bunch of other games that I bought last year for like $5 or so. Is this how you treat your customers?[/QUOTE]
Are you serious?!?!?

PC Games digitally drop at the latest nowadays A MONTH at least 25-50% off.
Sometimes, even sooner than a MONTH!
Sometimes even more than 25-50% off!

What Amazon DVG is doing here & bundling a lot of games cheap together for a cheap price NOT surprising at all.

EDIT:
The only games that hardly drop like this are probably COD series and anything from Blizzard - b/c those sell EXTREMELY well often even at FULL price.

Last Remnant on the PC is a pretty damn solid JRPG. It sucks on the 360, but there were a lot of improvements made in the PC version. Just a heads up for anyone that played it on the 360 and didn't like it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Might I suggest a bundle with:

Dead Island + DLC
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: OTR
The Walking Dead
RE1 to 6 and everything in between

For $9.99[/QUOTE]

that'd be an awesome bundle:applause:

Dead Island + DLC
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
The Walking Dead

For $9.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ken9']that'd be an awesome bundle:applause:[/QUOTE]

They should ALSO put Dead Island: Riptide pre-order in this $9.99 Zombie Bundle. ;)

[quote name='xanchui']Thanks, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable "Every! digital! game! we! sell! bundle" for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm from the future and can guarantee this will happen.

Dead Island + DLC
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
The Walking Dead

For $9.99[/QUOTE]

I was absolutely going to make a snarky comment about Dead Rising 1 not being on PC.

Then I read the final item on the list.

I own JC2 and Last Remnant of that list and both are games WELL worth playing. Have held off DX:HR for a $5 sale or something.

this most certainly qualifies as "or something." Yowza.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Tony,

Just waiting for you to drop the price on Dishonored and XCom. Please feel free to do that any time this week or next.

Love,

Captainslow[/QUOTE]

Amazon DVG doesn't carry Dishonored...or any Zenimax-BethSoft developed and/or published games :(

[quote name='Eldredpe']I was absolutely going to make a snarky comment about Dead Rising 1 not being on PC.

Then I read the final item on the list.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Dead Rising 1 on the PC...hopefully NOT using G4WL, though! ;)
Well, that's unless Microsoft fixes that god-awful G4WL - which is probably VERY unlikely.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Our Deal of the Week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

+10% off Hitman Absolution for people who buy this bundle, or who have purchased those games from us in the past.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

@TONY of Amazon DVG
I own most of those from elsewhere - EXCEPT Quantum Conundrum.
Only one I don't own - Quantum Conundrum.
So, will any of these games be on sale ALONE?

[quote name='MysterD']I own most of those from elsewhere - EXCEPT Quantum Conundrum.
So, will any of these games be on sale ALONE?[/QUOTE]

There was some one back a page or two stating they would be selling QC for 2 bux or 2.50. This will be the third time of bought it. (Once by itself, and once in the season pass from GMG)

^ and
[quote name='MysterD']@TONY of Amazon DVG

Yeah I was the one.QC is the only one I own on PC, so PM me. I plan on getting this as soon as it goes live, give or take a few hours

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY of Amazon DVG

Negative ghostrider, bundle only.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Amazon DVG doesn't carry Dishonored...or any Zenimax-BethSoft developed and/or published games :(

I'd love to see Dead Rising 1 on the PC...hopefully NOT using G4WL, though! ;)
Well, that's unless Microsoft fixes that god-awful G4WL - which is probably VERY unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if they've even updated it for Windows 8?

[quote name='tjs09']Does anyone know if they've even updated it for Windows 8?[/QUOTE]

Wait...you mean power users are actually going to buy Windows 8? :whistle2:X

[quote name='MysterD']Wait...you mean power users are actually going to buy Windows 8? :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

Oh lawd... Not another compatibility-challenged OS. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Severose']Oh lawd... Not another compatibility-challenged OS. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

It's okay - I think Windows 7 is the new Win XP: the version of Windows most users will REFUSE to drop for YEARS AND YEARS.

Of course, we have to wait and see if The Gabe lures us all over to Linux, as well... ;)

[quote name='tjs09']Does anyone know if they've even updated it for Windows 8?[/QUOTE]

8 uses same kernal as 7. Same direct x also. Shouldn't be any issues

[quote name='MysterD']Wait...you mean power users are actually going to buy Windows 8? :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on a free copy. At the grand price of $0, I'd be a fool not to consider it :)

[quote name='6er']8 uses same kernal as 7. Same direct x also. Shouldn't be any issues[/QUOTE]

That's NOT the problem.

Many users who've been using Win 8 Preview Build hate Metro UI (well, you can use Classic Shell to put the Start Menu back);
Professional companies (Blizzard, Valve, and Notch for starters) have ALREADY denounced Win 8 b/c of the way the App System in built into Win 8's core (think of how M$ built IE into Windows purposely to try to take over the web browser industry);
Developers who use the Windows dev-kit (XMA, if I recall its name correctly) for building their "Apps" have to put those on the Windows App Store (and give M$ some kind of cut);
AND also many fear Win 8 looks to be the start of locking down the OS like Apple did w/ their long ago (and making the platform WAY LESS open).

[quote name='xRidley']I wish someone would put Dark Souls PC on sale.[/QUOTE]
AMEN!

Yeah I know it just came out like 6 weeks ago.
That's longer than a month.
We (us CAGers) expect games OVER a month old to hit a sale of some kind! :p
Hopefully, a good one hits around Halloween!

[quote name='tjs09']I'm waiting on a free copy. At the grand price of $0, I'd be a fool not to consider it :)[/QUOTE]

I have access to a free version of Win 8 Pro though MSDN. The gimped desktop experience on is a dealbreaker.

[quote name='inm8num2']I hope you're hiring more hamsters for the next couple of months, Tony. I worry the current ones are going to be very tired.[/QUOTE]

I heard they didn't want the hamsters to feel Dishonored, so they won't be adding rats to help out....

That's the kind of bundle you use to tempt console users to the dark side. As long as they're not picky about playing older games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative ghostrider, bundle only.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damn. Would love Just Cause & Blood Money.

Already have Deus EX HR from the Steam sale so I have to pass.
Unless someone wants to split, if you want Deus Ex & Quantum Conundrum...but wait, is that code still working? $7.50 would be insanely nice.

well i'll be getting this bundle asap

Not interested in:
Just Cause 1
Quantum Conundrum

Not sure about:
Just cause 2
The Last remnant
supreme commander 2

pm me if your interested in offering something for a game(s)

[quote name='MysterD']
Professional companies (Blizzard, Valve, and Notch for starters) have ALREADY denounced Win 8 b/c of the way the App System in built into Win 8's core (think of how M$ built IE into Windows purposely to try to take over the web browser industry);
[/QUOTE]

I think there's an argument to be made that maybe Valve's problems with the integrated app system might be... business related?

[quote name='Eldredpe']I think there's an argument to be made that maybe Valve's problems with the integrated app system might be... business related?[/QUOTE]
The thing is ANY game designed for Windows 8 would have additional fees and problems if MS enforces their app system. I'm not particularly happy with this for multiple reasons and if MS decides to implement this, I'll likely just keep 7 and use Linux as my primary OS for the future.

[quote name='Genocidal']There is no requirement stating a game must be on the Windows app store to work in Windows 8.[/QUOTE]

Yet.

[quote name='Eldredpe']You're right.

It's a slippery slope before Microsoft owns your house and steals your children.[/QUOTE]
Well, Google hasn't done it yet and we all know that they could if they wanted to.

Already have JC2 and QC season pass but since they are separate steam codes, they just might become Christmas gifts for friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back