Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']Honest question - why put JC1 in there? From my understanding it's pretty irrelevant next to JC2.[/QUOTE]

Throw a game with low sales into a bundle, and all of a sudden, the numbers are up!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Might I suggest a bundle with:

Dead Island + DLC
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: OTR
The Walking Dead
RE1 to 6 and everything in between

For $9.99[/QUOTE]
Throw in the Left 4 Dead series and I'm in.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Honest question - why put JC1 in there? From my understanding it's pretty irrelevant next to JC2.[/QUOTE]
for us collectors. :bouncy:

[quote name='jagdeep820']Is the dlc for DXHR a separate code from the base game?

Also is their a proper thread for trading codes for amazon deals?[/QUOTE]

If you're trading a code it's probably a steam code, so just use the steam trading thread.

As for Origin codes... I don't know.

Excellent deal. I really only want Deus Ex and Supreme Commander 2, but I'm trying really hard to save my amazon credit and spare personal money until Black Friday because I just know Borderlands 2 and other heavily-desired games will have some crazy deals and then I'll be outta luck.

I guess I'll just wait until Deus Ex and SupCom go on sale some other time.

[quote name='Larce80']sc2 and jc2 were already in an amazon bundle :/[/QUOTE]

Well, I own half the games and I'm considering buying in. You should too.

Tony, does the Missing Link (and other dlc) have its own key? Thanks.

It is an amazing bundle. I'd be excited if I didn't already own all of those barring QC.

Missing Link shows up as a separate game/entry in Steam so I imagine it is a separate key.

I already have these Square games, but this will be phenomenal for my cousin who has just got into PC gaming. It'll be Xmas for him early once he hears about this.

[quote name='xanchui']Thanks, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable "Every! digital! game! we! sell! bundle" for 9.99.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each!

And to change the subject and ask a legitimate question: Any update on the Call of Duty sale you mentioned, Tony? Can you please sell your soul to Activision the devil so that we can get a wicked good bundle deal on MW1-3, Black Ops, and WaW? I think we can agree that $19.99 sounds fair, yes? ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each!

And to change the subject and ask a legitimate question: Any update on the Call of Duty sale you mentioned, Tony? Can you please sell your soul to Activision the devil so that we can get a wicked good bundle deal on MW1-3, Black Ops, and WaW? I think we can agree that $19.99 sounds fair, yes? ;)[/QUOTE]

If he's going to sell his soul, he should probably include Black Ops 2, CoD 1-3, and all DLC/expansions for every CoD game ever made. Plus, a handwritten note from Bobby Kotick apologizing for what he did to the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises along with a promise to stop milking Call of Duty recklessly.

And a cupcake. Every day.

Forever. Once you die, they could get a new address and ship the cupcake to your heirs to be divvied up as they see fit.

If souls are involved.

[quote name='asheskitty']It is an amazing bundle. I'd be excited if I didn't already own all of those barring QC.

Missing Link shows up as a separate game/entry in Steam so I imagine it is a separate key.[/QUOTE]

You're right, there's no DXHR goty, and Amazon hasn't had combo codes before. Thanks for logicing that one out. DLC for me and extra games to my cousin I that case.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each![/QUOTE]
Happily, the games that I'm most interested in from the bundle I've not only bought but actually played. In the case of JC2, I've played it into the ground :lol:

It's when your backlog games hit $1.42 that it hurts.

If Supreme Commander 2 does not come with the Infinite War Battle Pack DLC then do yourself a favor and do not play the game until you also buy the DLC. Your first impression of the game is that it is a little light on content and units. The DLC takes care of all that. Consider it to be essential.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each!
[/QUOTE]

If you buy games at a price you like and then play them you really can't complain.

But if you're the kind of person that hoards games you can't play... and then allow yourself to be bugged by the inevitable lower price point, then yes you're an idiot. I mean that only in the nicest possible way.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Can we all agree that Tony is a wizard now?[/QUOTE]

Only a matter of time before he splits his soul into seven pieces and stores each piece into a different game.

[quote name='ConfUzeD']Can we get a pricematch on the Focus Steam deals Big T?[/QUOTE]

Another vote for this one! I'd love to buy the Sherlock Holmes Collection and some of the Pendulo games I'm missing from Amazon instead of Steam (and dare I hope for DRM-free?)

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Can Amazon price match the Focus Home Interactive weekend sale on Steam?

Specifically the Wargame: European Escalation game currently on sale for $9.99 (75% Off)

I would rather buy it from Amazon :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ConfUzeD']Can we get a pricematch on the Focus Steam deals Big T?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='seamoss']Another vote for this one! I'd love to buy the Sherlock Holmes Collection and some of the Pendulo games I'm missing from Amazon instead of Steam (and dare I hope for DRM-free?)[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are running.

[quote name='Soljah']What happened to 99c release day delivery?[/QUOTE]

Unicorns.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hamsters are running.

Unicorns.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Small mammals and mythical creatures are stealing all our good American jobs!

You're part of the problem, Tony. I hope you're happy.

[quote name='Eldredpe']You're right.

It's a slippery slope before Microsoft owns your house and steals your children.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right, microsoft definitely isn't known for shoehorning their way into new markets by illegally using their monopoly as leverage to push out the competition by smaller companies.

Never ever happened once! Valve needs to take off the tin-foil hat obviously.

[quote name='seamoss']Another vote for this one! I'd love to buy the Sherlock Holmes Collection and some of the Pendulo games I'm missing from Amazon instead of Steam (and dare I hope for DRM-free?)[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! The only reason I haven't bought the Sherlock Holmes on Steam is because the Jack the Ripper game has Tages DRM :cry:

I bought the old SE bundle(with JC2 and SC2) in amazon, If I buy the upcoming bundle I will have two JC2 and SC2 in my download library right?

[quote name='mnemnoch']I bought the old SE bundle(with JC2 and SC2) in amazon, If I buy the upcoming bundle I will have two JC2 and SC2 in my download library right?[/QUOTE]
You'll have 2 codes for each game.

Tony,

I know this has probably been asked before but:

Are there any plans for you guys to have your own game client similar to Steam, but probably more like GOG? It'd be really nice if there were a standalone desktop (Windows) application that you could sign in to with your Amazon account and get a list of your available downloads. It could be used like a download manager / content delivery system.

With SO many great deals on Amazon lately, I'd be more tempted to bite on some of the non-Steam deals if there were an easier way to keep track of it all. No offense, but your "Download History" screen or whatever is a bit of a mess.

Just my two cents - keep up the great deals!

[quote name='xRidley']Absolutely right, microsoft definitely isn't known for shoehorning their way into new markets by illegally using their monopoly as leverage to push out the competition by smaller companies.

Never ever happened once! Valve needs to take off the tin-foil hat obviously.[/QUOTE]

It's less about the possibility that Microsoft may do something along those lines, as their business practices have been anything but respectable in the past, and more to do with my own weariness over the knowing, prophetic tone people use to attack a product and service that isn't even publicly available yet.

Personally, I think we're in a technical landscape where both consumers are savvy enough to recognize the obtrusive practices of Microsoft's past and reject them, while Microsoft, if they plan to continue to be viable as a company in a way that they clearly are aiming for, doesn't plan to shoot itself in the foot by alienating those consumers. But this is something we can't possibly know until Windows 8 is in wide release and the Windows store matures over the next several years.

I don't have much respect for reductionist theories disguised as knowing snark.

I also don't have a whole lot of faith in the Windows Marketplace being particularly successful or useful, especially for end users like you or me. I just don't think it's going to be all that offensive, either.

And this is probably absolutely not the venue for this conversation. :whistle2:#

[quote name='jshackles']Tony,

Are there any plans for you guys to have your own game client similar to Steam, but probably more like GOG? It'd be really nice if there were a standalone desktop (Windows) application that you could sign in to with your Amazon account and get a list of your available downloads. It could be used like a download manager / content delivery system.

With SO many great deals on Amazon lately, I'd be more tempted to bite on some of the non-Steam deals if there were an easier way to keep track of it all. No offense, but your "Download History" screen or whatever is a bit of a mess.

Just my two cents - keep up the great deals![/QUOTE]

Seconded

Why not?
Completionists who want to OWN the entire JC series will be happy.

As long as Amazon DVG Game Client IS NOT REQUIRED to be running for me to RUN my games, I'd be okay w/ such a product existing.

[quote name='MysterD']As long as Amazon DVG Game Client IS NOT REQUIRED to be running for me to RUN my games, I'd be okay w/ such a product existing.[/QUOTE]

Yes this exactly. Ideally, it would be functionally equivalent to GOG's (quite excellent) client, which even allows you to do things like start downloading something to your machine over the web. Obviously with GOG there is no built in DRM because well... there's no DRM.

So I guess I'm just wondering if Amazon has plans or would consider plans of building a download manager / client for their game downloads. It would be optional, but would allow those of us that choose to use it a few additional features (like maybe sorting options, etc).

I would be fine with this as long as it's not mandatory to use to download your games (have the current method and this?). There's already Gamefly, Impulse, Origin, Capsule, and Steam.

Then again, with all these deals, I'd probably be OK with it...

[quote name='LiK']lower the price of XCOM some more please![/QUOTE]

Given the way 2K has been sale-happy this year, I fully expect to see XCOM for $20 or less in somebody's year-end sale.

[quote name='inm8num2']Only a matter of time before he splits his soul into seven pieces and stores each piece into a different game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then next MAYhem would feature a "Tony's Horcrux Bundle" where all 7 games are $9.99. If he wants to keep the pieces of his soul separate, he can't hide them in games.

[[quote name='MysterD']Why not?
Completionists who want to OWN the entire JC series will be happy.[/QUOTE]
Gotta collect them all =D

[quote name='Eldredpe']I also don't have a whole lot of faith in the Windows Marketplace being particularly successful or useful, especially for end users like you or me. I just don't think it's going to be all that offensive, either.[/QUOTE]

Just to note that Apple gets away with it by delivering tightly focused products that pretty much fulfill their promise for their target audience. Microsoft has been making good strides in this regard, but I think they just don't have enough (corporate-organizational) focus to pull it off.

Is the Desura client mandatory?

Man, I really want the Batman Bundle... but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I'm hesitant - I have no desire to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to install around a shitton of DRM roadblocks. :cry:

[quote name='cranky2']Man, I really want the Batman Bundle... but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I'm hesitant - I have no desire to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to install around a shitton of DRM roadblocks. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't buy it. Also, while Amazon does give infinite keys for personal use, it's gotta be a pain to get your game revoked from Steam if you run out of activations.. Steam isn't known for having great customer support.

[quote name='sunghost']That's why I didn't buy it. Also, while Amazon does give infinite keys for personal use, it's gotta be a pain to get your game revoked from Steam if you run out of activations.. Steam isn't known for having great customer support.[/QUOTE]

WHAAAT! :whistle2:s did NOT know about the activation limits and I bought a Batman: AA key from a CAGer on the trade forum. ( who only needed Batman: AC) :wall:

I thought the whole point of Steam was so that I won't have to deal the BS like this (seeing that Steam is DRM)

EDIT: Found some info about the Securom from link

I had no issues running this on my system in the default settings. I've also never had any problems with GFWL. However, I have never updated my version from Jan 2009 and the files don't seem to be showing any automatic updates either.

For the Goty edition, the activation limit is in regards to the number of machines it can be installed on at the same time and not the number of times it can be installed on the same machine. For the non-Goty edition it is 4 activations a month even on the same machine. There seems to be some confusion between the regular edition and the Goty edition concerning a Securom revoke tool for activations. The following provides a revoke tool for the regular edition, but not for the GOTY edition. SecuRom
Providing no tool for the Goty edition might suggest there is no limit to the number of times it can be installed on the same machine, but nobody seems to really know for sure as there is no official statement on it.

And here

No that's not correct at all.

BAA GOTY uses SSA (Server Side Authentication) which links your gamertag to the game serial number so its lifetime activations there are no limits as long as you use the same gamertag you first registered the GOTY edition to.

Any GFWL title which uses SSA has lifetime activation regardless of hardware changes or OS reinstalls. You may need to renter the serial number in GFWL but its unlimited on SSA titles.

On the older non SSA GFWL titles it has a limit of 15 activations before you need to contact MS support to get it raised (which they will do for you everytime).

BAA GOTY on Steam has a 5 Securom activations limit per month then it resets to 5 again but as your using 1 activation token its effectively 4 per month rolling which means forever as long as you do not activate more than 4 times in 1 month you will always have 4 activations (excluding the 1 your currently using so if you revoke that you will have 5 per month rolling forever).
This means you could install & revoke all 5 tokens per month on different hardware configs then you would have to wait until the end of the month or contact Square Enix support to get it reset early.

This means if you change PC revoke before uninstalling or if you change your Hard Drive without revoking you will lose 1 activation.

The Securom activations are a bit crappy as sometimes just updating your graphics card to a new model will mean a new activation so revoke in advance just incase.

Obviously if you have hardware failures like HD or motherboards failing you will lose 1 activation but thats all down to Square Enix/Sony Securom not Steam or GFWL as they just provide the games the publisher enforces the DRM policy!!

Big thanks go out to all the pirates who forced the publishers to use this form of DRM

I feel better now, scared me a bit.

It seems the pricematch on Focus Home Interactive games are now live!

Is there a Sherlock Holmes Collection on Amazon? I can't seem to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back