Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']We need a pack of every game I'm borderline interested in but don't want enough to buy solo in a pack for $15.[/QUOTE]
That's not a terrible idea but I'll also need a couple duplicates of ones I do own so I can sell/trade/gift the extras.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] He comes to meeting and sleeps in chairs too...[/QUOTE]
Whatever. I do that here at work and no one calls ME cute...

[quote name='psunami']
Oh, and PSN points? Please bring those to the site as well.

Thanks, T-Money.[/QUOTE]

Please!

Nothing beat the convenience of purchasing the codes from Amazon

Let's all get back to important matters...

Tony, thank you for posting a pic of your dog's crotch. Quite possibly the most suitable pic for this group of people.

You are fantastic and never cease to amaze me. Keep up the great work.

Lastly, you are really making personal relationships by sharing this stuff. I like you more and more every day and I don't even know you.

Lastly, somebody post those to the Awwww sub reddit.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We call him the director of furry affairs. He comes to meeting and sleeps in chairs too....

what kind of dog is that

[quote name='MC Kage']Eh jus sayin' lol. You've never played BO?
[/QUOTE]
I've played the MP on those Steam Free Weekends they've had for COD: BO.
It's okay.

I really want to play the SP, though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Aside from the Squeenix Bundle? Nothing yet.[/quote]
:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
UFOHj.jpg

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Does Paddingonton supervise the hamsters?

EDIT:
OMG, that pic is big - is there a code-wise way through these boards to show it resized?
[img=340x340]insert pic link[/img]
Or something like that?

[quote name='erequena']Please!

Nothing beat the convenience of purchasing the codes from Amazon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='psunami']That might possibly be the cutest dog on the planet.

Don't even show that picture to my daughters.

Oh, and as far as deal discussions are concerned... any chance of matching the Gamefly 20% off digital purchase coupon that is available until the 24th? I could purchase it from them with it, but I have Amazon credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh, and PSN points? Please bring those to the site as well.

Thanks, T-Money.[/QUOTE]

How many people do you think you can tell over the weekend if I turned on Playstation network points and subs this afternoon?

[quote name='pieczonka'][quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We call him the director of furry affairs. He comes to meeting and sleeps in chairs too....

what kind of dog is that[/QUOTE]

He's a golden doodle :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']How many people do you think you can tell over the weekend if I turned on Playstation network points and subs this afternoon?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do it! With all these high profile games Being digital day 1 releases, psn cards are becoming a hot commodity. I had to buy 3 $20 cards from gamestop last week, gross

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Do it! With all these high profile games Being digital day 1 releases, psn cards are becoming a hot commodity. I had to buy 3 $20 cards from gamestop last week, gross[/QUOTE]

Get ready.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

Will the Amazon Strategy First Bundle be comparable [or better] to the current bundle offered by SF ? I know you also said it would be a mix of STEAM and DRM free titles.
The following 29 games are included in bundle:
9th Company
Alliance Future Combat
Ascension to the Throne
Battle Of Europe
BC Kings
Desert Gunner
Disciples II: Gallean's Return
Disciples II: Rise Of The Elves Gold
Emergency III
Enemy Engaged
Fireburst
Fleet Command
GI Combat
GODS: Lands of Infinity Special Edition
Iron Warriors
Ironclads High Seas
Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base
Panzer Killer
Perimeter 2 New Earth
Sacred Gold
Sentinel 3
Space Empires IV Deluxe
Space Empires: Star Fury
Steel Fury Kharkov 1942
Sub Command
Ubersoldier 2
Victorian Admirals Marianas Incident 1887
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329886

If so, I'm more than happy to wait for the Amazon deal; just like I waited for the $10 BF3 deal through Amazon.

Keep up the good work! :applause:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,

Will the Amazon Strategy First Bundle be comparable [or better] to the current bundle offered by SF ? I know you also said it would be a mix of STEAM and DRM free titles.

If so, I'm more than happy to wait for the Amazon deal; just like I waited for the $10 BF3 deal through Amazon.

Keep up the good work! :applause:[/QUOTE]

When I called them they let me know I could run that same bundle whenever I want. I'm just waiting for Steam keys.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Get ready.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

OH COME ON TONY I JUST BOUGHT PSN CARDS!

Also could you imagine if you could buy PSN Day 1 downloads from amazon....

...mmm..

Gotta get the posion out.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I think the issue has a lot to do with people seeing companies as either greedy and money grubbing or benevolent angels with nothing in between. Amazon and Steam are made up of people who have all sorts of complex motivations for the things they do. They are companies, so of course they are interested in being profitable. They want to continue doing what they do and perhaps explore exciting new things as well. At the same time, why would money be the only thing driving a company when it is run and maintained by a group of (probably) decent people? Certainly the bottom line is important, even crucial, but that doesn't automatically make everyone looking to turn a profit an ancient evil greed monster out to destroy you.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but every time I polish off a Father Dagon's Deep Dish, my digestive tract says otherwise.

[quote name='gilby']True. However, I find it easier to access my games now, with Steam and other services, than I ever did back in the days of discs (or disks) in boxes.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. The added value Steam gives me is enough to offset my reservations about giving up those very specific consumer/gamer rights I infrequently exercised anyway. I don't think I've ever done a chargeback in my life; I go for either a refund or cease doing business with 'em. An unwillingness to spend more than $10-$15, except on a handful of titles, reduces my risk further.

Finally, for those CAGs who meet Tony for lunch, if they rub his Claptrap tattoo and make a price-match wish, does Amazon grant it?

[quote name='jughead']Got fifa1. for 19.99 within a month of release. Now I got 13 for $26. Can't beat that. Thanks![/QUOTE]

How is fifa on the pc vs xbox? Any experience with both?

[quote name='dfg']I agree, but every time I polish off a Father Dagon's Deep Dish, my digestive tract says otherwise.

Tell me about it. The added value Steam gives me is enough to offset my reservations about giving up those very specific consumer/gamer rights I infrequently exercised anyway. I don't think I've ever done a chargeback in my life; I go for either a refund or cease doing business with 'em. An unwillingness to spend more than $10-$15, except on a handful of titles, reduces my risk further.

Finally, for those CAGs who meet Tony for lunch, if they rub his Claptrap tattoo and make a price-match wish, does Amazon grant it?[/QUOTE]

OK, Tony isn't a tramp. Showing the tattoo off is clearly second date stuff.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']OK, Tony isn't a tramp. Showing the tattoo off is clearly second date stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for defending my honor Fox!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']When I called them they let me know I could run that same bundle whenever I want. I'm just waiting for Steam keys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Good to hear; I'll have my wallet on standby :bouncy:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I've got some stuff cooking but not until November.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Anything involving the DLC? Not a deal on the Collector's deal, but a deal on the DLC for those who purchased Vanilla ME3?

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Here's the link to the Squeenix bundle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PNLAAW

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Great deal. Great value.

The sad fact, however, is like a few other bundles in the past I own too many of these titles to be able to justify a purchase. But if you don't already have these titles this is a great selection at a very solid price!

Speaking of which, is anyone interested in buying a AA GOTY key off of me to help me give Tony another sale on the Batman bundle?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. I'm a marketing guy not a sales guy :)
2. I do this for more reasons than just "I want to affect change in our bottom line". If that were the case I wouldn't do things like meet up with you guys for lunch, play video games with you, etc. etc. I just like the Video Game community and enjoy being a part of it...even though you're all insane :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
You're definitely a marketing guy with a lot of pull! You basically build every sale from the ground up.

And like I said, you're a nice dude. I'm sure there were some really pleasant Storm Troopers in the Empire as well. ;)

Also, any update on striking up a deal with Nexon for F2P games like Maple Story and Mabinogi?

^I think the Credit thread might be better to post that but I don't think anyone would mind a new thread either. But idk.

gamewinner - most likely.

MysterD - SP is pretty tight too. MP gets better when you have to group to play with and more guns (Galil is my go-to). Love the Zombies mode tho gotta try that with friends!

Square Enix bundle lookin' good.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,

Keep up the good work! :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']When I called them they let me know I could run that same bundle whenever I want. I'm just waiting for Steam keys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It looks like Tony will be offering this same bundle, so unless the 50% to charity angle is more important to you than having the ability to download/redownload whenever and with some steam keys, I'd wait for it to show up on Amazon. Also there is the undertone of underhandedness in the perceived hijacking of Tony's SF bundle.

Edit: Ack. Wrong thread.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Get ready.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah!
Going to buy $60 more for assassin's creed III! Or maybe $120 to take advantage of spend $100 and get $20 back from psn. Very nice! Will tell others.

[quote name='Dev518']You can get pretty much everything on Origin for free right now. Any chance for a price match? :p[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see TONY offer up a survey that gives coupon for $20 off (just about) anything. :p

[quote name='MysterD']I'd love to see TONY offer up a survey that gives coupon for $20 off (just about) anything. :p[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe they used a universal code instead of one-time unique codes associated with the survey.

It's internet survey 101.

And of course, the folks at slickdeals are acting like kids in a candy store...If it hits front page, Origin will probably crash from the traffic.

Someone is getting fired over this one, I bet.

[quote name='nategator']I cannot believe they used a universal code instead of one-time unique codes associated with the survey.

It's internet survey 101.

And of course, the folks at slickdeals are acting like kids in a candy store...

Someone is getting fired over this one, I bet.[/QUOTE]

Origin is bloody CRAWLING right now.
Gonna wait for the dust to settle here...
Got til Oct 21st on that code anyways, in case something I *really* want goes on sale...

[quote name='MysterD']I'd love to see TONY offer up a survey that gives coupon for $20 off (just about) anything. :p[/QUOTE]

I might have to get a tattoo of Tony and his BL2 tattoo on my back if he did. ;)

[quote name='Severose']I might have to get a tattoo of Tony and his BL2 tattoo on my back if he did. ;)[/QUOTE]
We could get FIFA Soccer 13 for $6, if Tony + Amazon DVG matched Origin and gave out some universal $20 off coupon code... :p

[quote name='MysterD']Origin is bloody CRAWLING right now.
Gonna wait for the dust to settle here...
Got til Oct 21st on that code anyways, in case something I *really* want goes on sale...[/QUOTE]

I decided to lock in my freebie now since some guys figured out a way to get 10 games for free (apparently the code would work on EACH game in the cart -- although some people are saying they may have closed this up). I That usually translates into the company going back and cancelling orders although it may let it slide since Origin is desperate to create and not lose goodwill. I wouldn't be 100% confident that the code will make it until the 21st, so I would at least think about taking a screenshot of the completed survey page if you want to wait, just in case you have to contact a CSR to get the promised promotion.

I personally just grabbed my one freebie after doing the survey. Honesty is the best policy and all that good stuff. :)

It's crazy how many games I now have registered on Origin because of all these deals! Especially since I'm such a Steam/Valve fan aside from their customer service.

I can't figure out what $20 Origin game I want that I don't already own. I kinda just wanted Skull Girls because of the pre-order bonus, but it doesn't seem to count after putting in the code.

I have a feeling Origin may go back and remove all the "free" games people picked up during the debacle [or only allowing 1 free game per account, not 10]. Since they didn't pay anything for them, they're not entitled to them. Although, if they're allowed to keep them, more power to em.

...And Origin's checkout is now down. The "slickdeals effect" (really it's the deal getting posted and reposting across the cheapskate universe like CAG, reddit, fatwallet as well as staying at the top of the forum at slickdeals or making FP) works like clockwork.

Amazon remains the only web retailer I've seen being able to handle the load, at least as far back as when they instituted lightning deals to keep their checkout page from getting bogged down.

I feel like I should start consulting, sometimes. Always fun to see these debacles happen in realtime.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sucks for those of us who never got an Origin survey email. >_>[/QUOTE]

I signed up for their newsletter after missing out on the previous Origin freebie (Mass Effect) and thus received the survey this time. I would recommend thinking about doing the same although you do receive weekly Origin spam.

[quote name='tjs09']Ugh, I'm trying to redeem my $20 on Origin but the site is a complete warzone.

It hasn't even hit the SD front page yet![/QUOTE]

It might for a while or at all since right now the in flux. I've noticed the FP editors being more cautious to avoid (a) the wave of cancellations hitting the entire community and (b) biting the hand that feeds since they make their money on the affiliate referral payouts.

And apologies in advance to Tony for all my non-Amazon comments. I'll stop now :)

[quote name='nategator']I signed up for their newsletter after missing out on the previous Origin freebie (Mass Effect) and thus received the survey this time. I would recommend thinking about doing the same although you do receive weekly Origin spam.[/QUOTE]
Where can you sign up for the newsletter? I'm looking but I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back