Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Where can you sign up for the newsletter? I'm looking but I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

This is how I did it:

1. go to Origin.com
2. Log In
3. Go to Help
4. Top right, you should see your account name, click on it to go to My Account
5. Go to Account Preferences
6. Edit to yes Contact me about EA's products, news, events and promotions

Know what is sad, I tried to use the Origin coupon on a legit purchase I wanted to make (The Walking Dead) but it wouldn't work since it wasn't an EA game (found that out after). So grab DA2 and NFS Shift. Didn't see shift 2 till afterwards doh! Had everything else I think the code would work on lol

[quote name='Idiotekque']Can you seriously add as many games as you want to your cart and apply the code to ALL of them?[/QUOTE]
yes, I added every sub 20 dollar game :bouncy:all fucking free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Sale Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='sunasun']yes, I added every sub 20 dollar game :bouncy:all fucking free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Sale Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Seriously? I started doing that, but I felt like a douchebag. Now I'm trying to just pick the games I want.

And the code is universal?

[quote name='sunasun']yes, I added every sub 20 dollar game :bouncy:all fucking free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Sale Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Was going to do this, but I guilted out when I saw 12 games in my cart for $0

[quote name='tjs09']Was going to do this, but I guilted out when I saw 12 games in my cart for $0[/QUOTE]
the code is one time only though
but good haul.
damn meant to ask 3 posts ago, Tony, can we have a price match on Origin's buy any sub $20 game for free sale?

[quote name='sunasun']the code is one time only though
but good haul.
damn meant to ask 3 posts ago, Tony, can we have a price match on Origin's buy any sub $20 game for free sale?[/QUOTE]

Lol this shit is too funny.

Pretty much nabbed 8 games for nothing. I'm expecting a huge ban/suspension or take away the games but I honestly don't care lol. Obviously their fault and they never take responsibility just punish those that find such an obvious loophole.. What do they expect.

[quote name='sunasun']the code is one time only though
but good haul.
damn meant to ask 3 posts ago, Tony, can we have a price match on Origin's buy any sub $20 game for free sale?[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming, it's obviously not intended to be applied to multiple games and is being abused.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Keep dreaming, it's obviously not intended to be applied to multiple games and is being abused.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and this really is not the thread to be talking about how best to abuse it, feels totally disrespectful to Tony's work with us.

I think the Origin code is US only. Add to that I got most the EA games I need from the awesome Amazon deals, so I am not even trying with Origin

Oh, forgot to add that I can NOT buy anything from Origin for the last 2 years because of the famous "Payment Authorisation Failed" error crap that prevents me even from getting "FREE" DLCs from them and their support must do it manually for me every time :roll:

[quote name='espy605']Agreed, and this really is not the thread to be talking about how best to abuse it, feels totally disrespectful to Tony's work with us.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it is disrespectful towards Tony, but I agree it's not germaine and reiterate my apology for participating in the conversation on this thread.

In my and others defense, many of us became Origin customers in the first place because of Amazon's great deals, benefiting both Amazon and Origin. Also, this was the first thread many of us saw on CAG discussing the promotion and the topics on this thread do tend to...drift...

But since Amazon is not offering this promotion, it shouldn't be discussed here. And asking Amazon to price match a digital download checkout cart exploit is absurd. If anything, the errors and the hard feelings that may result with customers and/or employees may give Tony nightmares of the same thing ever happening with one of his Amazon promotions.

Here is where the discussion should take place: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329957

Let's agree to not discuss the matter here and refocus the conversation on the exciting bundles Tony is offering through Strategy First and Square Enix? I would guess Tony wants to stay as far as possible away from this Origin topic considering Amazon's successful relationship with EA as one of their retail partners.

Anyone interested in the below for $2/item from the bundle tomorrow?
Hitman: Blood Money
Quantum Conundrum
Supreme Commander 2

Also, does it make sense to just use these for steam gifts or giveaways? I don't know how that works so maybe I'd be better off starting one of those? If someone had a link or pointer as to why people do that, maybe I should learn how all that works eventually.

Yes is EA fault but they fix the code and only 1 game redeemable per account now. They might revoke all the redeem games from account which exploit the use of the code. I read from somewhere that a guy got banned from redeeming all 25 games with single code

[quote name='yangwenli']Also, does it make sense to just use these for steam gifts or giveaways? I don't know how that works so maybe I'd be better off starting one of those? If someone had a link or pointer as to why people do that, maybe I should learn how all that works eventually.[/QUOTE]
The only concrete benefit to using them on Steamgifts is to increase your give-aways total so you can enter higher level contributor give aways. Those are give aways that are only open to people who have previously donated, for instance, $200 worth of games. But there's so many ways to run up your total that they're still not very exclusive and you'll just be in a contest with 900 people versus 2,500. Better odds but hardly a good reason to throw fistfuls of cash at Steamgifts; you'd be better off using that money to directly buy your games if that's your angle.

The reason people talk about games like this for Steamgifts is because the site values them at their Steam price. So if a game costs $29.99 on Steam and I get copy of it for $2 and give it away, Steamgifts credits me as having donated $30 worth of stuff. I'm too lazy to look up each game on Steam but, assuming each game is at least $20 on average, that's $140 worth of "donations" for ten bucks.

The reason I give stuff away is because I'd rather have the warm fuzzies and positive universal karma for giving something away than arguing with someone in a trade forum over the value of a $2 game.

[quote name='nategator']I don't know if it is disrespectful towards Tony, but I agree it's not germaine and reiterate my apology for participating in the conversation on this thread.

In my and others defense, many of us became Origin customers in the first place because of Amazon's great deals, benefiting both Amazon and Origin. Also, this was the first thread many of us saw on CAG discussing the promotion and the topics on this thread do tend to...drift...

But since Amazon is not offering this promotion, it shouldn't be discussed here. And asking Amazon to price match a digital download checkout cart exploit is absurd. If anything, the errors and the hard feelings that may result with customers and/or employees may give Tony nightmares of the same thing ever happening with one of his Amazon promotions.

Here is where the discussion should take place: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329957

Let's agree to not discuss the matter here and refocus the conversation on the exciting bundles Tony is offering through Strategy First and Square Enix? I would guess Tony wants to stay as far as possible away from this Origin topic considering Amazon's successful relationship with EA as one of their retail partners.[/QUOTE]

FYI the discussion doesn't offend me :) I was just watching Looper (great movie btw) while you were discussing. Also, the couple of times where we've had issues like this, one of you guys had emailed/texted me every time and it has gotten fixed quickly (I usually send out game based thank you cards :)).

Cheers,
Tony

The 10dolla sale tomorrow looks great for those who need even 1 or 2 of those. unfortunately I'm one of those who already have most of them and I'm not interested in the other few.

When's our next big sale event tony? Will there be an Autumn/Halloween one like Steam did last year?

[quote name='The Nephilim']The 10dolla sale tomorrow looks great for those who need even 1 or 2 of those. unfortunately I'm one of those who already have most of them and I'm not interested in the other few.

When's our next big sale event tony? Will there be an Autumn/Halloween one like Steam did last year?[/QUOTE]

I so hope there's a Halloween Sale!
I think it'd be cool to see Halloween-type of stuff on sale like The Darkness 2, FEAR series, and other awesome-ness on sale.
[Already own all of those, BTW]

I'd REALLY love to see DARK SOULS: PTD Edition go on sale on Halloween...

@Tony
You reading this stuff, bro? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']I so hope there's a Halloween Sale!
I think it'd be cool to see Halloween-type of stuff on sale like The Darkness 2, FEAR series, and other awesome-ness on sale.
[Already own all of those, BTW]

I'd REALLY love to see DARK SOULS: PTD Edition go on sale on Halloween...

@Tony
You reading this stuff, bro? ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol I am, right now we have a couple things planned for Halloween but not a massive sale. I'll keep you updated :).

As for Dark Souls...we email Namco regularly about it :(.

[quote name='daninoz']Do you know why NBA 2K13 DD release was deleayed to Oct 30th ?[/QUOTE]

No idea :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol I am, right now we have a couple things planned for Halloween but not a massive sale. I'll keep you updated :).

As for Dark Souls...we email Namco regularly about it :(.

No idea :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the VERY speedy response!
My eyes will remain wide open! :D

[quote name='daninoz']Do you know why NBA 2K13 DD release was deleayed to Oct 30th ?[/QUOTE]

I could make a guess.... :p

Must be one of those common reasons:
1. "Delay PC version for inevitable piracy reasons" AND
2. "Let's get console version out first and then get hopefully a half-way decent PC port put together before we release it".
3. All of the above.

I'd say #3.

@TONY
Since many are waiting for NBA2K13, why not put NBA2K12 on sale soon...? ;)
NBA2K12 will be old and a little out of date, once NBA2K13 drops.
Plus, NBA2K12 on sale cheap could make for a nice tech-demo for this series (for those who missed it - like myself!), until NBA 2K13 drops.... ;)

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Since many are waiting for NBA2K13, why not put NBA2K12 on sale soon...? ;)
NBA2K12 will be old and a little out of date, once NBA2K13 drops.
Plus, NBA2K12 on sale cheap could make for a nice tech-demo for this series (for those who missed it - like myself!), until NBA 2K13 drops.... ;)[/QUOTE]

No can do brother. No way we're going to drive sales into the previous iteration right before the new one launches. We've tried it before with disastrous effect.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI the discussion doesn't offend me :) I was just watching Looper (great movie btw) while you were discussing. Also, the couple of times where we've had issues like this, one of you guys had emailed/texted me every time and it has gotten fixed quickly (I usually send out game based thank you cards :)).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Discover magazine had Looper as one of their movie recommendations in last months issue. Definitely gonna see that one.

[quote name='sunasun']Discover magazine had Looper as one of their movie recommendations in last months issue. Definitely gonna see that one.[/QUOTE]

My face melted off.

Cheers,
Tony

Am I missing anything regarding the PS3 cards/subs? Seems to be the same thing at the same price point available anywhere.

I'm asking because I sincerely have no clue. My kid has a PS3 but I don't do anything with it so didn't know if there was a reason to be excited about the items on Amazon.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Am I missing anything regarding the PS3 cards/subs? Seems to be the same thing at the same price point available anywhere.

I'm asking because I sincerely have no clue. My kid has a PS3 but I don't do anything with it so didn't know if there was a reason to be excited about the items on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The excitement for people is that they no longer have to go to the store to get the cards. We won't be price promoting the PSN stuff anytime soon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My face melted off.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Sold!!! :bouncy:
gonna order it tonight off directv on demand. Thanks, Tony.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Am I missing anything regarding the PS3 cards/subs? Seems to be the same thing at the same price point available anywhere.

I'm asking because I sincerely have no clue. My kid has a PS3 but I don't do anything with it so didn't know if there was a reason to be excited about the items on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

When you purchase from other stores they either a) send you a physical card (and you need to pay shipping, and sometimes they come deactivated) or b) send you an email with the code quite some time after purchase.

Purchasing on amazon gives you the code immediately (or stores it on your game library if you don't want to use it right away). It also allows you to use amazon credit, which not only is a fairly common present, but is used as reward by many websites (FreeMyApps, MyPoints, etc). So yeah, it's pretty awesome :D

[quote name='sunasun']Sold!!! :bouncy:
gonna order it tonight off directv on demand. Thanks, Tony.[/QUOTE]

Is it On Demand already? I could have sworn it just came out not too long ago

[quote name='tjs09']Is it On Demand already? I could have sworn it just came out not too long ago[/QUOTE]
I might've misread the date, can't find the damn remote to confirm this. :roll:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The excitement for people is that they no longer have to go to the store to get the cards. We won't be price promoting the PSN stuff anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
Laziness is its own reward so I won't argue that :D I was just asking for future reference (in case I want to get the kid a gift or whatever).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No can do brother. No way we're going to drive sales into the previous iteration right before the new one launches. We've tried it before with disastrous effect.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Kind of an off-topic question:

If you can't answer for any reason, it's ok. But I'm just curious, why is that happening? I mean, I thought that people, when excited about a game tend to buy stuff related to it, so if that logic works, to feed the new game hype, some buyers would take advantage of a promo before the new game is released. But with your answer it seems that the opposite thing happens.

[quote name='Estbarul']Kind of an off-topic question:

If you can't answer for any reason, it's ok. But I'm just curious, why is that happening? I mean, I thought that people, when excited about a game tend to buy stuff related to it, so if that logic works, to feed the new game hype, some buyers would take advantage of a promo before the new game is released. But with your answer it seems that the opposite thing happens.[/QUOTE]

Its all about timing. Someone who buys a "new" game (previous year) two weeks out from release is less likely to buy the current year in such close proximity, because they're still playing the version they bought two weeks ago.

Not conjecture here, we've done a lot of analysis around this.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Estbarul']Kind of an off-topic question:

If you can't answer for any reason, it's ok. But I'm just curious, why is that happening? I mean, I thought that people, when excited about a game tend to buy stuff related to it, so if that logic works, to feed the new game hype, some buyers would take advantage of a promo before the new game is released. But with your answer it seems that the opposite thing happens.[/QUOTE]
If people buy last year's game they might be happy enough with it that they won't buy the new one (at least not until the price gets slashed drastically), because honestly, these games aren't too different from year to year.

I think the main difference we need to take into account is sports games vs. other games.

Other games, sure - maybe putting ME 1 and 2 on sale along with ME3 will drive a few more sales into the series, but for sports games no way am I buying FIFA 2012 and then buying 2013 right after. Not enough changes between years and unless you are a hardcore FIFA player you won't want new rosters or stuff like that. The only time it might work is like UFC or WWE but even then I think people would choose one or the other and not both.

[quote name='MysterD']I could make a guess.... :p

Must be one of those common reasons:
1. "Delay PC version for inevitable piracy reasons" AND
2. "Let's get console version out first and then get hopefully a half-way decent PC port put together before we release it".
3. All of the above.

I'd say #3.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the physical PC version has been out since the beginning of the month. I can't think of a good reason to keep delaying the digital version.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hopping on LoL if anyone wants to play.

Name: Banedron.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I sent you a friend request because I want to see your skills. EstesFlo

[quote name='Genocidal']The thing is, the physical PC version has been out since the beginning of the month. I can't think of a good reason to keep delaying the digital version.[/QUOTE]

PC physical didn't get delayed??!?!
Oh, yeah - well, that is VERY weird then...

Maybe digital version uses different DRM than physical version does or something...?

I don't know!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the main difference we need to take into account is sports games vs. other games.

Other games, sure - maybe putting ME 1 and 2 on sale along with ME3 will drive a few more sales into the series, but for sports games no way am I buying FIFA 2012 and then buying 2013 right after. Not enough changes between years and unless you are a hardcore FIFA player you won't want new rosters or stuff like that. The only time it might work is like UFC or WWE but even then I think people would choose one or the other and not both.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am a hardcore FIFA player but really you sell the old one when you buy the new 1. There's no need whatsoever to play FIFA12 when you have FIFA13. Only time it'd remotely work if they significantly updated 1 from the other and you preferred the older one.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Its all about timing. Someone who buys a "new" game (previous year) two weeks out from release is less likely to buy the current year in such close proximity, because they're still playing the version they bought two weeks ago.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the main difference we need to take into account is sports games vs. other games.

Other games, sure - maybe putting ME 1 and 2 on sale along with ME3 will drive a few more sales into the series, but for sports games no way am I buying FIFA 2012 and then buying 2013 right after. Not enough changes between years and unless you are a hardcore FIFA player you won't want new rosters or stuff like that. The only time it might work is like UFC or WWE but even then I think people would choose one or the other and not both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I believe you, I think Fox explained this better than myself hehe I know I won't buy a Fifa 13 if I bought Fifa 12 a month before, even on sale, but with games like Assassins Creed or Mass Effect or whatever it's different, like when you put Dead Space bundles for under $10. Thanks for the reply Tony.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Its all about timing. Someone who buys a "new" game (previous year) two weeks out from release is less likely to buy the current year in such close proximity, because they're still playing the version they bought two weeks ago.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Makes sense - since often sports game don't change much often from year-to-year, in terms of new game-modes and new gameplay. You'll get basically new rosters; new players; maybe one or two new game modes; and gameplay tweaks.

Here's another crazy thought - and this would obviously be aimed at those who missed NBA2K12.
What if you guys sold a bundle of NBA2K12 (currently available) + NBA2K13 (pre-order)?

NBA2K12 would be a small test drive for those until NBA2K13 launches...and they could switch over to 2K13 once it launches b/c they'd already have it pre-ordered from you guys!

Have you ever tried anything like that before - bundling current sports game + next iteration on pre-order?

Thing is - NBA2K12, will that even sell much once you guys launch NBA2K13? Probably not.
You'd probably...wanna be able to move BOTH units!

[quote name='gamewinner']I agree. I am a hardcore FIFA player but really you sell the old one when you buy the new 1. There's no need whatsoever to play FIFA12 when you have FIFA13. Only time it'd remotely work if they significantly updated 1 from the other and you preferred the older one.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't FIFA 12 and 13 on PC require Origin?
Origin binds games to YOUR account, KILLING any chance of reselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back