Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gymsock']So is this sale officially over. Is that the last of the keys?[/QUOTE]

When these keys where gone that was supposed to be it, so yest that was the last of them most likely.

since no one responded (goes to anyone if they know)

hey tony, I ordered this before the last batch went up (the batch before the last one i think) when it said it was available and it says its processing, will i get the keys if you guys run out before it finished processing?

[quote name='Flyingcow29']When these keys where gone that was supposed to be it, so yest that was the last of them most likely.[/QUOTE]

Can Tony please confirm this? That the sale on this bundle is finally over?

So it's gone for good now, eh? Glad I managed to buy a bundle about 90 minutes ago.

I'm still surprised that you actually had to end the deal this early. I could have seen you running out of keys by Friday, but to only have the deal up & running for less than 24 hours (when you discount the downtime, that is) is stunning.

I'm curious to know how many copies you eventually sold. Any chance that you'd be able to let us in on that? Or is that top secret info?

What's interesting to me is that all of the included games say they're available individually when I check them, but I'm assuming there's some magic to it that I don't know about that keeps the bundle from being available, too.

[quote name='wazzaptheone']since no one responded (goes to anyone if they know)

hey tony, I ordered this before the last batch went up (the batch before the last one i think) when it said it was available and it says its processing, will i get the keys if you guys run out before it finished processing?[/QUOTE]

It takes time, be patient or msg him to expedite. They show up over time. Took me 24 hrs to get all mine, you will probably get them in a few hours or less.

If this really is over would it be possible to put some of the individual games that there are still keys for on sale? ie. Deus Ex HR for like $5?

[quote name='The End']And the $2 DLC has already started to show up on SteamGifts.

Beautiful.[/QUOTE]
Damn, we weren't supposed to get what we want and activate on Steam? I'm such an idiot could've put it on Steamgifts. :drool:

[quote name='Dev518']If this really is over would it be possible to put some of the individual games that there are still keys for on sale? ie. Deus Ex HR for like $5?[/QUOTE]

ALL of the individual games still have keys according to their individual store pages- just for a combined 1000% markup

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The buy box should be up soon, once it is up, if it goes down again, then it is done.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wait, so it's not all done? I thought it was already over.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The buy box should be up soon, once it is up, if it goes down again, then it is done.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is it me, or is this Thread turning into a Twitter-like feed? :p

Hi Tony,

I assume that once the "View Product Key" is displayed on our Games library we are assured a key right? Or do we need to actually press it to set one apart?

Thanks for the awesome deal and for keeping us up to date during the day, I can only imagine all of the work you had, so thanks a lot!

this deal would be great if you could actually buy it. why does getting keys take so long? why would that be "it" if they sell out? they are just keys. why arent the people who have been trying since the start to buy this getting any better chance to get it than ppl who randomly show up and get lucky? this whole thing is a mess. yes these grapes are sour.

There's more action/drama in this thread than in a Jane Austen novel combined with a Chris Nolan movie.

I love it! What a rollercoaster of emotion as the keys come, then quickly sell, and Tony races against the clock to put more keys into the system.

*popcorn*

[quote name='The End']So it's gone for good now, eh? Glad I managed to buy a bundle about 90 minutes ago.

I'm still surprised that you actually had to end the deal this early. I could have seen you running out of keys by Friday, but to only have the deal up & running for less than 24 hours (when you discount the downtime, that is) is stunning.

I'm curious to know how many copies you eventually sold. Any chance that you'd be able to let us in on that? Or is that top secret info?[/QUOTE]

I second this, really curious of how massive was this sale :D

I think you all forget, that anytime Square-Enix is involved with anything, it's always a disaster. But I just got one.

[quote name='billymagnum']this deal would be great if you could actually buy it. why does getting keys take so long? why would that be "it" if they sell out? they are just keys. why arent the people who have been trying since the start to buy this getting any better chance to get it than ppl who randomly show up and get lucky? this whole thing is a mess. yes these grapes are sour.[/QUOTE]

Keys are from Steam. Amazon can't generate them. Square Enix has to get them from Steam and give them to Amazon. You've got businesses people from three companies dealing with this and they sold many, many times more than they expected. It takes time.

I managed to grab one right away without a hiccup this time, and it looks like I have all of my keys, too. Excellent.

If anyone wants the Hitman preorder code, mine was 9VK2-Z7NUCN-UK78SU.

hey tony, I ordered this about an hour ago when it said it was available and it says its processing, will i get the keys if you guys run out before it finished processing?

Whoa whoa whoa.....I got the 'were sorry there was an problem' error all six times I tried to checkout earlier.

Right now I'm seeing the "buy" button go live again and NOW it's telling me this:

"This is a duplicate order.
You have an order for this product in process. For your protection we are performing security checks which may take up to 4 hours. View the order(

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Whoa whoa whoa.....I got the 'were sorry there was an problem' error all six times I tried to checkout, and I'm seeing the "buy" button go live again and NOW it's telling me it's a duplicate order?!

It isn't shown in my order history....so......what?[/QUOTE]

Did you check your Digital Video Games page? Mine said the same thing I pressed processed anyways and I did end up with multiple bundles...lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you check your Digital Video Games page? Mine said the same thing I pressed processed anyways and I did end up with multiple bundles...lol[/QUOTE]

I did, and it's not showing up. I guess I'll just place a "dupe" order and just contact CS if need be.

*edit*
Worked immediately this time for the "dupe" order, got all my keys, and an order confirmation email(for just THIS order).

So wonky, but glad it worked this time.

[quote name='superfamicom']umm... i just got supreme commander instead of supreme commander 2? it shows as 2 on amazon, but as 1 when i activate on steam.[/QUOTE]

Wow... that would be hilarious...

[quote name='billymagnum']this deal would be great if you could actually buy it. why does getting keys take so long? why would that be "it" if they sell out? they are just keys. why arent the people who have been trying since the start to buy this getting any better chance to get it than ppl who randomly show up and get lucky? this whole thing is a mess. yes these grapes are sour.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like that takes time. You got Amazon DVG, Squeenix, and Valve (of Steam) involved w/ generating these keys and distributing them.

See, that was the nice thing when older PC games here were sometimes sold here as DRM-FREE.
Those DRM-FREE games Amazon DVG sold just WOULD NOT run out of actual keys...b/c there ISN'T ANY!!!

I am being told (when trying to buy it) that it is a "duplicate order" and that it might take 4 hours for the original to clear. Seriously, I hope it did not screw up and order like 4 of these of something.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']I am being told (when trying to buy it) that it is a "duplicate order" and that it might take 4 hours for the original to clear. Seriously, I hope it did not screw up and order like 4 of these of something.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the same message I got, but upon placing an order at THAT screen, it immediately went thru/got my confirmation email.

I'd say go for it, and just contact CS if you get multi-charged (or not, and give out the extras as holiday/bday gifts).

[quote name='BernardoOne']Im seeing more reports of people getting the first Supreme Commander.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Square Enix gave Amazon the wrong keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back