Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']this thread is a mess

I know there is a deal tomorrow
i know there is something to do with need for speed
something to do with kingdoms of amalur
something to do with dark souls
and something to do with dead presidents

but, I have no idea how to piece this information together
we really need an upcoming deals section in the main post[/QUOTE]

Do you mean you "really wish" there was an upcoming deals section?

[quote name='sunghost']It's gonna work on Desura, gamefly's app, the GOG downloader, Impulse, and Origin, but not Steam.[/QUOTE]

that's odd. any explanation? is the steam version somehow different from all the others?

[quote name='tham1988']um that didn't have anything to do with pc games[/QUOTE]

Your machine is broken, I have a spare one that I can sell for cheap via Paypal. PM me.

measurement.jpg

[quote name='tham1988']that's odd. any explanation? is the steam version somehow different from all the others?[/QUOTE]

38 Studios self-published STEAM Version.
EA published ALL OTHER versions (Non-Steam) - and those require Origin.

[quote name='sunghost']It's gonna work on Desura, gamefly's app, the GOG downloader, Impulse, and Origin, but not Steam.[/QUOTE]

You left out G4WL... ;)

[quote name='tham1988']um that didn't have anything to do with pc games[/QUOTE]

I don't care if this was serious or sarcastic. That's the funniest thing I heard all day. :)

[quote name='sunghost']They're planned for 12/21/2012[/QUOTE]

You almost had me. Until I read this...

[quote name='MysterD']Is that Revelations 2012's original release date...? ;)[/QUOTE]

Ehh oh well. Ive got enough games for now. My next pick up will probably be tony hawks pro skater hd once it hits 5 bucks. Other than bundles of course.

Someone should create some kind of nice-looking forum-post template for Tony to update that makes the OP more eye-catching and easier to find whatcher-lookin-fer.

[quote name='dfg']Someone should create some kind of nice-looking forum-post template for Tony to update that makes the OP more eye-catching and easier to find whatcher-lookin-fer.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest:
Post 1 = current sales
Post 2 = pre-order info
Post 3 = information stuff (what activates on Steam and Origin; deauthorization info; who they price-match and don't PM; etc).

Is NFS: The Run supposed to be good?

I liked Hot Pursuit, but I didn't love it, and I was bored by all the Time Trial Missions. The game could be really fun when all the elements lined up right.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh, yeah, the normal between 12-1AM PST.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's like 3-4AM Eastern.
I'll be sleeping!
Save a NFS: The Run for when I wake up in the morning! :p

Tony, you heard any updates on what's going on with NBA2K13? pushed back from the 2nd to the 15th to the 30th. You said your guy at 2k told you it's steam, kotaku reporting it won't be on steam. Obviously not your fault but myself and others really just wanna know what the deal is. Sounds like a massive clusterfuck at 2k. I'd really rather get it from you / on steam but I'm close to just buying the retail boxed version which has been out since 10/2.

With digital download games from Amazon, is there any way to get a hold of a manual? I know Steam often has a link, but what about direct downloads? I downloaded and started to play The Saboteur, and haven't been able to find a manual.

[quote name='gilby']With digital download games from Amazon, is there any way to get a hold of a manual? I know Steam often has a link, but what about direct downloads? I downloaded and started to play The Saboteur, and haven't been able to find a manual.[/QUOTE]

The Saboteur is an EA game that you can use ORIGIN with, so read this.

[quote name='MysterD']The Saboteur is an EA game that you can use ORIGIN with, so read this.[/QUOTE]

I had a hunch that I might be able to do it through Origin. However, I was hoping to avoid installing Origin as long as possible.

[quote name='gilby']I had a hunch that I might be able to do it through Origin. However, I was hoping to avoid installing Origin as long as possible.[/QUOTE]

I usually use Gamefaqs if a game doesn't have a manual in it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I usually use Gamefaqs if a game doesn't have a manual in it.[/QUOTE]

Usually helpful, but not fully a replacement if the manual is at all decent.

I do have a few games in my Amazon library that are not on any sort of service and manuals are hit or miss.

It would be nice if there were some sort of way for Amazon to make manuals available for digital games.

[quote name='golfer']Soooo, what happened with the strat first and 1C bundles????[/QUOTE]

Didn't Tony say they are planned for right after the Elder Scrolls bundle? That way he can better compete with the next $20 credit promo given away by Origin.

While Amazon has great deals some weeks, I have to say deal this week is....weak :D.

For those of you who were looking for The Run, you can order the game with physical media and with standard shipping it would still be cheaper than the deal.

Btw Tony, thanks for the square enix bundle!!!

EDIT: Haha, nvm this post. Price ninja fixed the price.

[quote name='Wario64']Some of the deals are up but not all of them[/QUOTE]

So games reflected on DOTW page doesn't reflect the deal price instantly? they are reflected later on?

The Run was showing up for Jackson, but then that changed to Lincoln and as soon as I saw Lincoln, I was like..."Hey Lincoln!"

[quote name='MysterD']While 60FPS (or sometimes above) is MOST desirable on PC, I have no problems w/ PC games sticking at 30 FPS as long as its buttery smooth and was BUILT for it.

Since we were talking NBA2K series for PC - I don't know who the hell would use KB/mouse for a basketball game. That's a game I'd use my X360 for Windows Controller on - same goes for most platformers (think POP, AC series) & brawlers (think SF and MK series), as well.

I have a 23'' monitor for my PC games and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it, pretty much hugging my monitor. On a console game - you're normally a little distance away; often sitting on a couch. Also, you'd expect lower FOV on console games, as well - where PC swings in the opposite direction (90+).[/QUOTE]

Sorry about butting in. i didn't see you were talking about a certain game, as the post was near the top of the last page. I was speaking generally. You're right about the games that are built for it, like Last Remnant, Dark Souls, Alice Madness Retrns, etc, but games like Battlefield 3 (and every FPS I've played on PC), Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, Saints Row 3, and games where you move the mouse to look around, they look great on my TV on consoles. I do see the better PC graphics, but if it's less than 60fps, it is not smooth (and I'm a graphics whore, so I probably pick things out more than most). I have my PC in my entertainment center hooked up to the same HDTV as my consoles, so I can compare very easily, and I sit back farther, unlike most who sit at a desk.

The console games normally run at 30fps, and the controller takes alot longer to do a wide swing of the environment (in addition to the lesser FOV that you mentioned), it just takes a LOT more for PC games to look better to me (I need to max them out like you mentioned). When I use a Razer mouse with 3500 dpi, it's insanely fast moving on-screen (though I step it back to between 1800 - 2100 dps depending on the game), and my 2gb gtx560's in SLI couldn't handle most games with everything maxed out (which is the reason I invested in PC gaming, as I had all the consoles, and could care less about k/m controls). My 680 makes me HAPPY, though, cuz it accomplishes what I thought PC gaming would be. I only speak out, cuz I went by the words of normal PC gamers that sit in front of a desk, and nothing that they say was true in my situation (like you being able to max out most games with a gtx560).

I agree about the game types to use a controller on, which is all the more reason to buy them on console. Unless there's a great deal, I try to keep Assassin's Creed, Forza, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Sports (I'm lying, I don't play sports games since EA monopolized the NFL) and games in the same genre of the games I listed, on the consoles I own. To each his own, I guess. If they looked alot better on PC, I'd have to switch, but ME3 looked so weird on PC. No controller support, and it seemed like it was bare (like they could have beefed it up quite considerably to make it use my PC to at least half it's potential).

I'll shut up now. Sorry for the rambling on. Thanks @MysterD for the heads up on KoA. I think that might be an RPG I'll get on PC just for the price :).

[quote name='Jerykk']If you're that sensitive to framerate and response issues, I recommend not playing on an HDTV. TVs always have more input lag than gaming monitors. In fact, you should buy a 120 Hz monitor. That way, you don't get any tearing and you don't get any input lag caused by V-Sync. Everything just feels more responsive too because your screen is refreshing twice as fast as regular screens.

Also, a PC game does not need to run at 60 FPS to look equal to a console game running at 30 FPS. That's ridiculous. A PC game running at 30 FPS + 1920x1080 + tons of AA + AF + AO > console game running at 30 FPS. What you mean to say is that console games are better optimized and run at more stable framerates than PC games (which isn't always true). It's increasingly common for console games to vary from 20-30 FPS (or lower, as Dark Souls can attest to).[/QUOTE]
Your 2nd point is, indeed, what I was talking about. Thanks.

[quote name='Revenant']Got Need for Speed: The Run. Thanks amazon.
here's the metacritic site for it if you're wondering about what kind of reviews it got:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/need-for-speed-the-run[/QUOTE]
I did, as well. I like my sim racing, but i'm willing to try an arcade racer on PC (since it has controller support). I need a dedicated controller for my PC. Having to re-sync my 360 controller everytime I want to go from one to the other gets old.

May have been common knowledge, but just in case anyone cares, it does redeem on Origin (I know, I know, but Origin is identical to Steam in my eyes. I'd rather have contact with certain friends, etc, while playing).

Got NFS: The Run for a whole LINCOLN ($5!)
Thanks, Tony, Amazon DVG & EA!
BTW - my download from EA ORIGIN of this is going at a devilish 6.66 MB per sec - WTH? :whistle2:X

EDIT:
Download is like a little under 16 GB.

Man, the burning hot bundle should have included Need for Speed the run, then it could have been the burning hot runs.... (sorry, couldn't help it)

Only one I'm interested in here is the NFS ultimate collections just for shift 1 and 2, but I have those on consoles. Anyone know if these two activate on origin? This could be the deciding factor for me...

Edit: According to the EA link in the first post, NFS Shift does activate on origin, as does undercover. No mention of shift 2 or prostreet. I would guess no on prostreet, but yest on shift 2, as I don't see why they would have removed that for the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back