Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']Tony work your magic and get us a deal on the mortal kombat arcade kollection.[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of THIS.

I loved NFS:Underground 2 (on PS2) as well. I think if it hadn't been followed up by the insanely popular Most Wanted it would be remembered more. I liked the style and handling. The tuning controls were meaningful without being overwhelming/tedious. The city/map felt more alive than most/all racers since (including Burnout Paradise & Hot Pursuit (2010)). I remember going from hating the drift events to absolutely loving them. I am partial to drift-happy arcade racers, and I don't think there have been any since that era of NFS (or or the PS2 era of Burnout).

I already own Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box and only want Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Planning to get the Burning Hot Bundle ($8) so if anyone is interested in splitting the pack for Burnout Paradise ($4) via Paypal. PM me.

I hate Origin and EA's whole tactics with it, but honestly the program itself seems pretty benign these days. Just sits in my taskbar never bothering me and I just use it for the occasional EA (or free EA game lol). I guess I could see it as an annoyance on an older PC with limited RAM, but I have 16GB so I don't really care if origin is taking up 100MB in the background.

[quote name='MysterD']I somehow missed the NFS: UG games.
If only EA would re-released those....[/QUOTE]

Loved the style/presentation of Underground.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Tony work your magic and get us a deal on the mortal kombat arcade kollection.[/QUOTE]

That was random lol. Why'd this come up? Wasn't it $5 last month? Which was when I bought it lol. One of my first PC downloads since I only just started really.

[quote name='nategator']AWWWW YEAH more Bioshock goodness!

You want to make some money Tony? Own the preorder discount deals and laugh all the way to the bank![/QUOTE]
I bought 1&2 last christmas and havent touched em :roll:

[quote name='nategator']

You want to make some money Tony? Own the preorder discount deals and laugh all the way to the bank![/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with this. GMG gets a lot of business from me atm because of preorders. I preordered more games this year then the last few combined. Sure some I was looking forward too a bunch, but there were others I wanted to play and when I was able to get them for pretty cheap as a preorder I said screw it and picked them up. GMG has become my go to place for preorders now.

Id get MOH warfighter 25% off, no jokes! (and I cant use the origin deal for 50% off in case you were wondering)

[quote name='Larce80']I bought 1&2 last christmas and havent touched em :roll:[/QUOTE]

You're missing out if you don't check out the first one before the next console refresh renders it too dated to enjoy. Still probably one of the best post-HL2 first person shooter experiences, especially if you take the over-the-shoulder games out of the equation.

Without trying to sound snarky, are there a lot of folks that buy the games without playing them? I'd say I have tried at least 80% of my backlog even through I've only finished about 40-50%. Most of the games I have yet to play a couple of minutes were bundled (Humble or a Tony bundle) or $1 or less.

I'm not too fond of the games in the racing bundle with their "may destroy your computer with SecuROM" disclaimers. =\

[quote name='nategator']You're missing out if you don't check out the first one before the next console refresh renders it too dated to enjoy. Still probably one of the best post-HL2 first person shooter experiences, especially if you take the over-the-shoulder games out of the equation.

Without trying to sound snarky, are there a lot of folks that buy the games without playing them? I'd say I have tried at least 80% of my backlog even through I've only finished about 40-50%. Most of the games I have yet to play a couple of minutes were bundled (Humble or a Tony bundle) or $1 or less.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, yes :( And I am one of them. It happens with console people too, though it's a lot easier when you don't need to find space in the house with tons and tons of game boxes like the digital world.

For me it started with the PS2 I got in college.

Prior to that I played ever game I bought to death... PC, N64, Super NES, etc.

I ordered a PS2 in 2001 I think with one game at the time (Jak and Daxter) and played it 100%.

Then some time in like 2003 or 2004 my bro in law introduced me to this site and it was game over. I got like 20 games at the huge Circuit City $5 thread and the backlog started and has only grown. For my consoles now, I try to cut back so my PS3 and 360 backlog isn't insurmountable and I've played almost every game I've bought at least once.

Now for PC, my problems started in 2009 with my first Steam sale and it was sort of in control until this last year with all these bundles. Now I have 100s of games on Steam alone and no hope to finish them :( Add Desura, Amazon, Origin, Gamersgate and I'm probably past the 500 game range...lol. Thankfully I don't pay much for them, but it is still a lot.

[quote name='sunasun']Ubisoft had it for $1 when they had that weekend sale on their site. [/QUOTE]
Either I missed something, or that's a mix up. The four titles Ubi had on sale for $1 were, Driver:SF, HAWX 2, From Dust, and Silent Hunter 5. They did have some other reasonably attractive prices on some other Ubi titles.

I second this. I would love to get this before christmas.

sig.jpg

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sadly, yes :( And I am one of them.
It happens with console people too, though it's a lot easier when you don't need to find space in the house with tons and tons of game boxes like the digital world.

For me it started with the PS2 I got in college.

Prior to that I played ever game I bought to death... PC, N64, Super NES, etc.

I ordered a PS2 in 2001 I think with one game at the time (Jak and Daxter) and played it 100%.

Then some time in like 2003 or 2004 my bro in law introduced me to this site and it was game over. I got like 20 games at the huge Circuit City $5 thread and the backlog started and has only grown. For my consoles now, I try to cut back so my PS3 and 360 backlog isn't insurmountable and I've played almost every game I've bought at least once.

Now for PC, my problems started in 2009 with my first Steam sale and it was sort of in control until this last year with all these bundles. Now I have 100s of games on Steam alone and no hope to finish them :( Add Desura, Amazon, Origin, Gamersgate and I'm probably past the 500 game range...lol. Thankfully I don't pay much for them, but it is still a lot.
[/QUOTE]

Don't buy into this! A lot of people perpetuate this baseless assumption that the size of your backlog represents the sum of your personal failures. They then try to make you feel bad by making you feel that your backlog is the result of poor life choices. THIS IS A LIE! Your backlog gives you more choice! You can answer the question of, "hmm, what to play today?" in so many more ways.

If one political campaign has taught me anything it is that choice is good -- unless it's bad, very very bad, and you shouldn't be allowed to make it.

The fact that you have enough expendable income to blow on all these games shows that you are doing well. The fact that you haven't time to play them all shows that you have reasonable life balance. So don't let people try and tell you and shame you that it is the result of poor life choices.

"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"

My backlog started in college when I discovered a place called Triangle Video Games online. I ordered giant boxes of games (SNES then PS1) from them. Now I have more time to buy games than play them. So I have 100s of current gen games...many only played for a short amount of time. One day........

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Yeah 50% wasn't cutting it for me. I'm gunning for 75%[/QUOTE]

I have that requirement too, 75%. I would love to the Mortal Kombat Collection for Halloween :)

[quote name='asheskitty']
"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"[/QUOTE]

My new favorite quote. Thank you for this.

Thanks for the greats deals you're giving us Tony!

I bought the games I don't have in the current deals, now I'm just waiting for the Dark Soul deal and if possible and if you could work something out with it the Endless Space deal as well.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I was holding my breath for a deal on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I missed out back in the early days of this thread and then was teased by the Steam Summer Sale. Any chance that'll show up again?[/QUOTE]
It's on sale often around the interwebs, but Steam keys don't exist. On Steam it tends to be $10, while it's more like $5 everywhere else.

Only semi-related: I don't know if http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Drive:_Ferrari_Racing_Legends indeed activates on Steam or if a Steam version was only initially planned and later scrapped.

P.S.: I so regret my Endless Space preorder. A friend told me it would become an awesome 4X game, instead I ended up buying a card game.
Oh, and I had also preordered LoP :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Luckz']It's on sale often around the interwebs, but Steam keys don't exist. On Steam it tends to be $10, while it's more like $5 everywhere else.

Only semi-related: I don't know if http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Drive:_Ferrari_Racing_Legends indeed activates on Steam or if a Steam version was only initially planned and later scrapped.

P.S.: I so regret my Endless Space preorder. A friend told me it would become an awesome 4X game, instead I ended up buying a card game.
Oh, and I had also preordered LoP :D[/QUOTE]

What do you mean Endless Space has turned into a "card game". I've got it on the backlog and I was going to start playing in the next few weeks but maybe I should play a different 4X game as this would be my first.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']What do you mean Endless Space has turned into a "card game". I've got it on the backlog and I was going to start playing in the next few weeks but maybe I should play a different 4X game as this would be my first.[/QUOTE]

rock, paper, scissors style combat = card game.

[quote name='r9800pro']NFS The Run is 30fps capped with VSync On, after the latest patch 30fps cap was removed but only when you disable VSync

The game suffers from the over-bright issue that plagued BF3 (Frostbite 2 Engine) and while EA/DICE fixed BF3, NFS The Run was not fixed.

Other than that, the game is very enjoyable and for $5, it is an awesome deal[/QUOTE]

4 hours in and really liking the game.

The game was running fine around 60 FPS, with V Sync OFF. But, I basically had to turn VSync ON, to stop the game from constantly crashing. Locking VSync ON at 30 FPS pretty much slowed the issue down a bit, so now it'll CTD (crash to desktop) here and there. I got it maxed-out on my PC at 1920x1080 on Ultra for everything.

Wish the Story Mode did a better job of telling a story, since from interview & previews, it really gave the impression they'd try to tell a story. Not so much the case here, really.

EDIT:
I still think Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon are my favorite NFS games in the series.
Of course, somehow - I missed the whole Underground series...

I found the Underground games painful for solo play: the AI cars are upgraded when you upgrade and the AI (at least in the first game) drives the exact same (!) lap as your respective previous lap. The overall presentation/style of the Underground games of course is perfect for any fan of the Fast/Furious movie(s). From what I hear, The Run also is chock-filled with AI cars driving faster than a human can go in them.

[quote name='asheskitty']Either I missed something, or that's a mix up. The four titles Ubi had on sale for $1 were, Driver:SF, HAWX 2, From Dust, and Silent Hunter 5. They did have some other reasonably attractive prices on some other Ubi titles.[/QUOTE]

Ye that's all I can remember being $1 too

[quote name='Luckz']It's on sale often around the interwebs, but Steam keys don't exist. On Steam it tends to be $10, while it's more like $5 everywhere else.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out TD:FRL. Id completely forgotten about it.

I know I keep missing TDU2 as it does seem to go on sale frequently. I just don't check CAG as much as I used to and always seem to miss it. I was just posting because I got my hopes up that I finally caught a post before a sale was dead.

I have few regrets in life, but one of them is not picking up TDU2 when it first went on Amazon DVG sale way back when...my life shall forever be marked by this failure.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony, any chance of a steam GTA III Vice City PM ?

thanks[/QUOTE]
It's actually just called GTA: Vice City.

There's no "3" attached to Vice City game.

While GTA: Vice City is on the same engine as GTA3 (RenderWare) - but a MUCH improved version of RenderWare Engine is used in VC, I might add - Vice City doesn't really have anything to do with GTA3's story or any of the main GTA new-numbered title's normally reoccurring location of Liberty City (which is their take on NY and cities like it, more or less).

EDIT:
Though, GTA5 looks like it'll deviate from the norm location of a GTA-numbered title and take place in San Andreas again. Who knows if LC will be in GTA5.

[quote name='Bios Element']rock, paper, scissors style combat = card game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so in Endless space they have different card you can play for each phase and certain cards are more effective against a specific type and less effective against a different type. (like rock paper scissors, there are 3 different category)

I would say its more a modifier on your ships putting more stress on commanders, so even though you ships might not be as good as the enemy's, your commander is better and can turn the tide.

I like it, its different but they battles do get a little annoying if you do them every time. I usually just auto-resolve most of them except for the really tight ones.

[quote name='Luckz']P.S.: I so regret my Endless Space preorder. A friend told me it would become an awesome 4X game, instead I ended up buying a card game.
Oh, and I had also preordered LoP :D[/QUOTE]

Was Pegasus any good? It looked cool but I already got Endless Space so I didn't want 2 4X at the same time. Seems like they won't be supporting it anymore but I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='vince_carter']Tony, you heard any updates on what's going on with NBA2K13? pushed back from the 2nd to the 15th to the 30th. You said your guy at 2k told you it's steam, kotaku reporting it won't be on steam. Obviously not your fault but myself and others really just wanna know what the deal is. Sounds like a massive clusterfuck at 2k. I'd really rather get it from you / on steam but I'm close to just buying the retail boxed version which has been out since 10/2.[/QUOTE]

quoting this so tony sees it, really hope next weeks release date holds up and it is the steam key

[quote name='walkonshadows']That...that isn't true! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but it is the only rational explanation. Unless he comes back with the 1C bundle or some insane deal with his next post, we know he doesn't love us anymore.

[quote name='MysterD']
While GTA: Vice City is on the same engine as GTA3 (RenderWare) - but a MUCH improved version of RenderWare Engine is used in VC, I might add - Vice City doesn't really have anything to do with GTA3's story or any of the main GTA new-numbered title's normally reoccurring location of Liberty City (which is their take on NY and cities like it, more or less).[/QUOTE]

GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were their own stories, but they were all connected as part of the same world. Characters (and a location) from one appear here or there in others.

GTA4 is someplace completely different.

Though, GTA5 looks like it'll deviate from the norm location of a GTA-numbered title and take place in San Andreas again. Who knows if LC will be in GTA5.

To be fair, GTA4 (and the side stories) all took place solely in Liberty City. There were no games of that generation set in some other location.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
Then some time in like 2003 or 2004 my bro in law introduced me to this site and it was game over. I got like 20 games at the huge Circuit City $5 thread and the backlog started and has only grown.[/QUOTE]

:lol: you're welcome! Man those were good times. I still think that was the best sale ever. I think i still have games from that period that I haven't played.

Is it weird that I actually want to buy some of these games on Steam even though I already have them on other consoles or as physical media? The convenience of being able to boot straight from Steam instead of having to deal with discs is so appealing.

[quote name='asheskitty']Either I missed something, or that's a mix up. The four titles Ubi had on sale for $1 were, Driver:SF, HAWX 2, From Dust, and Silent Hunter 5. They did have some other reasonably attractive prices on some other Ubi titles. [/quote]
[quote name='Daf']Ye that's all I can remember being $1 too[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Same here.[/QUOTE]
I sit corrected, it was Driver:SF for $1. Can't remember how I got TD Unlimited 2.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm sorry but it is the only rational explanation. Unless he comes back with the 1C bundle or some insane deal with his next post, we know he doesn't love us anymore.[/QUOTE]
Do you blame him? :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Can I download Most Wanted as a standalone game or does it require Origin?[/QUOTE]

I know you have register it with Origin, so I'd say yes, you will need Origin to download it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm sorry but it is the only rational explanation. Unless he comes back with the 1C bundle or some insane deal with his next post, we know he doesn't love us anymore.[/QUOTE]

Please stop bringing up 1C. It only makes him more likely to not share with us planned but not locked down sales for the future. Also, as someone who would never buy either this or the First Strategy bundles since I have 0 interest in their games, I find it kind of annoying how much this query comes up.

I would rather get a hint of what is coming up rather than not, so I can make a better decision if I see the same game offered by a competitor at what looks like a good price. This is true even though maybe a bundle does not happen as may be the case with 1C and First Strategy.

[HYPOTHETICAL]
For example, if I knew that Skyrim was selling for $20 from GMG and Tony had just landed Bethusda and everything looked good for offering Skyrim for $15, I would rather he tell us and then I would probably wait than pull the trigger on GMG, even though the deal could fall through. If the deal fell through I wouldn't hold it against Tony, since I at least would know that someday soon Bethusda would offer it for $15 since they were thinking about that price point.
[/HYPOTHETICAL]

TL;DR: stop bringing up the 1C and First Strategy bundles. When Tony can offer them, he will let us know -- probably well in advance. He knows many people would love to buy the bundle at the price indicated.

[quote name='sunghost']Hey guys, I heard the 1C pack got cancelled ;)[/QUOTE]

I hope not! That would make me very sad :cry:

Remember, When the Strategy First Bundle was launched by SF, Tony hinted Amazon could the same bundle soon [Tony mentioned waiting on STEAM keys]. If it does come out, insta-buy for me :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back