Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']Please stop bringing up 1C. It only makes him more likely to not share with us planned but not locked down sales for the future. Also, as someone who would never buy either this or the First Strategy bundles since I have 0 interest in their games, I find it kind of annoying how much this query comes up.

I would rather get a hint of what is coming up rather than not, so I can make a better decision if I see the same game offered by a competitor at what looks like a good price. This is true even though maybe a bundle does not happen as may be the case with 1C and First Strategy.

[HYPOTHETICAL]
For example, if I knew that Skyrim was selling for $20 from GMG and Tony had just landed Bethusda and everything looked good for offering Skyrim for $15, I would rather he tell us and then I would probably wait than pull the trigger on GMG, even though the deal could fall through. If the deal fell through I wouldn't hold it against Tony, since I at least would know that someday soon Bethusda would offer it for $15 since they were thinking about that price point.
[/HYPOTHETICAL]

TL;DR: stop bringing up the 1C and First Strategy bundles. When Tony can offer them, he will let us know -- probably well in advance. He knows many people would love to buy the bundle at the price indicated.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but you would feel a bit differently if it was something you were looking forward to too.

Also, it is in his best interest to give a heads up on deals still because of what you mentioned above. Instead of them potentially losing a sale to a competitor they instead get one for themselves because they talked about a future deal.

Works both ways.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I understand what you are saying, but you would feel a bit differently if it was something you were looking forward to too.

Also, it is in his best interest to give a heads up on deals still because of what you mentioned above. Instead of them potentially losing a sale to a competitor they instead get one for themselves because they talked about a future deal.

Works both ways.[/QUOTE]

This! Also it helps him mitigate against unhappy CAGs buying right before a big discount.

And if Tony didn't want us talking about it, he could say so himself... or pack in a headcrab in my next Amazon shipment.

[quote name='asheskitty']This! Also it helps him mitigate against unhappy CAGs buying right before a big discount.

And if Tony didn't want us talking about it, he could say so himself... or pack in a headcrab in my next Amazon shipment.[/QUOTE]

This. It's not like the 1C bundle talk is constant. It died down since the initial buzz. I don't think Tony will "punish" us for being excited about a possible deal.

[quote name='gilby']GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were their own stories, but they were all connected as part of the same world. Characters (and a location) from one appear here or there in others.[/quote]
Well, yes - they're all connected for gameworlds, but none of the stories really majorly overlap or anything.
i.e. Claude (lead for GTA3) shows up in San Andreas.

To be fair, GTA4 (and the side stories) all took place solely in Liberty City. There were no games of that generation set in some other location.
GTA1, 3 & 4 all took place in Lib City -- which is most of the numbered GTA's (on a brand-new of majorly overhauled game-engine), which was my point.

[quote name='sunasun']Page breaker :bow:[/QUOTE]

If you noticed, Steam Powered symbol is at the end of Bioshock: Infinite brand-new "Beast" Trailer.
Also, GMG has BS:I PC up for Pre-Order, listed as requiring Steam; and so does Gamersgate.

I have a feeling BS:I PC version might require Steam on the PC everywhere.

EDIT:
I feel so blind for missing this, as I'm a big fan of IG's work.
Yes, Steam is required on BS:I PC; as this is from IG's Twitter from quite a while back.

Irrational Games
‏@IrrationalGames
@krzaq Yes, BI will use SteamWorks... why not join the official BioShock Infinite group? http://steamcommunity.com/games/BioShockInfinite
8:31 AM - 1 Mar 12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaOTiK']I know you have register it with Origin, so I'd say yes, you will need Origin to download it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll wait and see if the Steam version goes on sale at some point, then. Thanks.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I'm sorry but it is the only rational explanation. Unless he comes back with the 1C bundle or some insane deal with his next post, we know he doesn't love us anymore.[/QUOTE]

Golum: "We must starves!"

[quote name='encendido5']:lol: you're welcome! Man those were good times. I still think that was the best sale ever. I think i still have games from that period that I haven't played.

Is it weird that I actually want to buy some of these games on Steam even though I already have them on other consoles or as physical media? The convenience of being able to boot straight from Steam instead of having to deal with discs is so appealing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I still have probably half those games on the PS2 and that was the best sale ever. Something about the hunt and being in store looking for hidden gems that the digital world can't beat.

That said, I get the convenience of having stuff on Steam. If the price is right and I really see myself playing something I double dip all the time. Especially for series sometimes since I find I'm able to get all the games in a series for really cheap on PC compared to finding copies of each game for the console.

Hey guys,

Didn't forget about you! Had a crazy day yesterday and was on site at Meteor Entertainment (guys making Hawken) all afternoon, and then I had a date (something that is hopefully going to happen more often in the near future lol).

I'll go back through the pages I missed and answered questions.

1. I need to run the SF bundle before 1C, SF is still under negotiation.
2. SF bundle is still awaiting more Steam keys and final authorization to run.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='nategator']Please stop bringing up 1C. It only makes him more likely to not share with us planned but not locked down sales for the future. Also, as someone who would never buy either this or the First Strategy bundles since I have 0 interest in their games, I find it kind of annoying how much this query comes up.

I would rather get a hint of what is coming up rather than not, so I can make a better decision if I see the same game offered by a competitor at what looks like a good price. This is true even though maybe a bundle does not happen as may be the case with 1C and First Strategy.

[HYPOTHETICAL]
For example, if I knew that Skyrim was selling for $20 from GMG and Tony had just landed Bethusda and everything looked good for offering Skyrim for $15, I would rather he tell us and then I would probably wait than pull the trigger on GMG, even though the deal could fall through. If the deal fell through I wouldn't hold it against Tony, since I at least would know that someday soon Bethusda would offer it for $15 since they were thinking about that price point.
[/HYPOTHETICAL]

TL;DR: stop bringing up the 1C and First Strategy bundles. When Tony can offer them, he will let us know -- probably well in advance. He knows many people would love to buy the bundle at the price indicated.[/QUOTE]

LOL you wanna know ahead so you can post at other deal sites :p

@Tony DVG

WB! We all missed you :D

[quote name='Scorch']I guess I'll wait and see if the Steam version goes on sale at some point, then. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we will see it on Steam sadly :(

EA hasn't put any of their new games on Steam lately and with their DLC system they can't be put on Steam either.

[quote name='MysterD']
GTA1, 3 & 4 all took place in Lib City -- which is most of the numbered GTA's (on a brand-new of majorly overhauled game-engine), which was my point.[/QUOTE]

Right, but GTA3 was followed by more in the same generation in other locations. They never did that with GTA4's generation. As such, it makes some sense that they'd go somewhere different this time instead of rebuilding Liberty City yet again with no other locations in between.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I don't think we will see it on Steam sadly :(

EA hasn't put any of their new games on Steam lately and with their DLC system they can't be put on Steam either.[/QUOTE]

The only recent game EA have put on Steam is Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, out of that, nothing more.

[quote name='Cofresi']The only recent game EA have put on Steam is Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, out of that, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Crytek is independent & part of that EA Partners program, in which the dev' is given a little more leverage ALSO of how they can distribute the game.
Crytek is NOT fully EA-owned.

EDIT:
38 Studios (RIP) was another part of that EA Partners program and self-published KOA:R (Steam Version).

[quote name='MysterD']Crytek is independent & part of that EA Partners program, in which the dev' is given a little more leverage ALSO of how they can distribute the game.

EDIT:
38 Studios (RIP) was another part of that EA Partners program and self-published KOA:R (Steam Version).[/QUOTE]

I did know about 38 Studio but not about Crytek, thank for the information.

[quote name='MysterD']Crytek is independent & part of that EA Partners program, in which the dev' is given a little more leverage ALSO of how they can distribute the game.

EDIT:
38 Studios (RIP) was another part of that EA Partners program and self-published KOA:R (Steam Version).[/QUOTE]

38 Studios used to be like 20 minutes from me in Maynard MA before they decided it was easier to steal Rhode Island's money than MA's. I actually liked what I played of KOA though (more than Skyrim actually) so it sucks that the studio couldn't survive

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in KoA (70 something hours worth). It is a shame about the studio and I am glad that Epic got most of them so that the team can stay together. I am looking forward to what they put out.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']38 Studios used to be like 20 minutes from me in Maynard MA before they decided it was easier to steal Rhode Island's money than MA's. I actually liked what I played of KOA though (more than Skyrim actually) so it sucks that the studio couldn't survive[/QUOTE]

Studio 38 is especially sad for a lot of Massachusetts people because Curt Schilling has a special place in Red Sox fan's hearts. He was always one of my favorites because he was pretty open about his gaming and I thought it was awesome that he risked all his money to pursue his dream of making a great game and its only sadder because his game was received pretty well.

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']I know this is random, but any chance of a deal on the Assassins Creed games coming up? I'm thinking maybe around the time the 3rd comes out? I've only played the first and I wasn't a big fan, but I've heard they all improved greatly on that one and the Revolutionary War really interests me so I'd like to play the 3rd. Thanks, and keep up the great deals Tony![/QUOTE]

Well Steam answered my wishes today. Revelations is still way too high for me to buy ($15), but I picked up 2 and Brotherhood. Hopefully you guys can get Revelations down to $7.50 or lower for a winter sale, I'd pick it up then. Keep the good deals coming Tony, you guys have generally been better than Steam lately and I love it!

[quote name='Needles-Kane']They both have Securom, one uses Steam in addition. No DRM free unfortunately :([/QUOTE]

If I understand correctly, SecuROM was patched out of the Steam version of BioShock 1, and BioShock 2 has both SecuROM AND GFWL.

[quote name='walkonshadows']What? A date? I (and many others here) thought we had a bromance?!? Get your priorities straight Mister! Bros before Hoes.[/QUOTE]

Told you he didn't love us anymore!

[quote name='Flyingcow29']Any chance Amazon matches todays Assassin's Creed sale that is on steam?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they'll match but I know it wasn't that long ago I saw a deal on AC, so I doubt it

[quote name='Umair56']Studio 38 is especially sad for a lot of Massachusetts people because Curt Schilling has a special place in Red Sox fan's hearts. He was always one of my favorites because he was pretty open about his gaming and I thought it was awesome that he risked all his money to pursue his dream of making a great game and its only sadder because his game was received pretty well.[/QUOTE]

38 Studios didn't work much, if at all, on BHG Baltimore's KOA: Reckoning.
Curt's 38 Studios Amalur MMO Game never got finished - the Amalur MMO that they were working on for 5 1/2 years. :(

BHG Baltimore took Ascendant (a cancelled game they were making w/ THQ, after THQ pulled funding on it, which almost caused BHG to close); 38 Studios bought out BHG; and basically BHG tried to re-work that to fit into the Amalur Universe; and then you wound up w/ KOA: Reckoning.
Also, rumor had it - Take 2 was going to publish Reckoning 2, before the whole fiasco blew up....

From Joystiq
Speaking to former Big Huge Games employees, we asked what they felt was the most inaccurate portrayal of the 38 Studios implosion by the media. They expressed that Reckoning's development being tied to 38 Studios Rhode Island has been the biggest gaffe.

Former BHG employees repeatedly tell Joystiq that 38 Rhode Island did give info and guidance about the Amalur IP, but it didn't produce any assets for Reckoning. In terms of the day-to-day work, the Rhode Island team "didn't work on it at all."

"Reckoning was developed with EA publishing money, NOT Rhode Island tax dollars," a former BHG employee told us. "It had nothing to do with the $50 million dollars from RI. That money went directly to the MMO project."

At this point, given significant uncertainty about the production tech and Amalur IP, the best a reformed Big Huge Games team could manage is making an RPG with a similar feel but using a different intellectual property (think Demon's Souls to Dark Souls). The team has done it before: when purchased by 38 Studios from THQ, it converted its "Ascendent" RPG to fit the Amalur world.

"Creating Reckoning wasn't a matter of simply replacing some textures and doing a search/replace on names and such," said a former BHG employee, who explained that the conversion required new environments, animations, characters and voice acting. There was a foundation to work with from "Ascendent." It appears the company will have another foundation to work from with Reckoning if the team can reassemble.

[quote name='Flyingcow29']Any chance Amazon matches todays Assassin's Creed sale that is on steam?[/QUOTE]

I would really like AC2 Deluxe as well. Does Amazon's version register directly to UPlay?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I would really like AC2 Deluxe as well. Does Amazon's version register directly to UPlay?[/QUOTE]

AC2 is the one of the first Ubi games to require Uplay.
If you install the game, UPlay should notice it...

[quote name='MysterD']38 Studios didn't work much, if at all, on BHG Baltimore's KOA: Reckoning.
Curt's 38 Studios Amalur MMO Game never got finished - the Amalur MMO that they were working on for 5 1/2 years. :(

BHG Baltimore took Ascendant (a cancelled game they were making w/ THQ, after THQ pulled funding on it, which almost caused BHG to close); 38 Studios bought out BHG; and basically BHG tried to re-work that to fit into the Amalur Universe; and then you wound up w/ KOA: Reckoning.
Also, rumor had it - Take 2 was going to publish Reckoning 2, before the whole fiasco blew up....

From Joystiq[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I didn't know how much (or little, I guess) 38 Studio's involvement was with Reckoning. Still, I mean it more for Curt Schilling. I remember him saying he spent his entire baseball fortune and that this will mean his lifestyle will completely change. I'm guessing all the money he spent went towards that MMO?

[quote name='Umair56']Interesting. I didn't know how much (or little, I guess) 38 Studio's involvement was with Reckoning. Still, I mean it more for Curt Schilling. I remember him saying he spent his entire baseball fortune and that this will mean his lifestyle will completely change. I'm guessing all the money he spent went towards that MMO?[/QUOTE]

Who knows how much in total was spent on that unfinished MMO. :(
Most MMO's are VERY expensive to put together...
I hope some company finishes that MMO...

[quote name='Atlantik00']LOL you wanna know ahead so you can post at other deal sites :p

@Tony DVG

WB! We all missed you :D[/QUOTE]

I will just note that after the pushback on my request on less First and 1C posting, Tony updated us with First is on the way with 1C to follow.

So, you guys are welcome I guess. ;)

And hooray, lots of First and 1C bundles discussion. yay.

[quote name='11440']If I understand correctly, SecuROM was patched out of the Steam version of BioShock 1, and BioShock 2 has both SecuROM AND GFWL.[/QUOTE]

The SecuRom in Bioshock 2 has been nerfed to almost non-existence. GFWL is still there and has 15 activations, with a new key if you call Redmond and provide them proof of purchase. I daresay Amazon might be easier to deal with, but I would personally call Redmond first to maybe save Amazon a couple of bucks.

I recommend bookmarking or remembering for a Google search (The Big DRM List) this page:

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List

It is very helpful in making decisions based on DRM. Especially since a lot of publishers (although definitely not all) have been watering things down.

[quote name='nategator']The SecuRom in Bioshock 2 has been nerfed to almost non-existence. GFWL is still there and has 15 activations, with a new key if you call Redmond and provide them proof of purchase. I daresay Amazon might be easier to deal with, but I would personally call Redmond first to maybe save Amazon a couple of bucks.

I recommend bookmarking or remembering for a Google search (The Big DRM List) this page:

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List

It is very helpful in making decisions based on DRM. Especially since a lot of publishers (although definitely not all) have been watering things down.[/QUOTE]
very nice find, bookmarked right away. thanks :applause:

Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to decide if I want them all.

[quote name='btw1217']Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to
decide if I want them all.[/QUOTE]

brotherhood is definitely worth it for $5

[quote name='btw1217']Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to decide if I want them all.[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed them both ezio story worth seen threw too the end if $$ is a issue just grab brotherhood till price drop on revelations

[quote name='vince_carter']brotherhood is definitely worth it for $5[/QUOTE]

Are the deluxe edition extras worth the additional $2.50?

Would anyone be willing to trade Bioshock 1 & 2 keys for Deus Ex Augmented, Just Cause 2 and Hitman Blood Money? Couple of things I already had from the Square bundle, looking to trade for something else I want. PM if interested. Thanks!

[quote name='vince_carter']Tony, you heard any updates on what's going on with NBA2K13? pushed back from the 2nd to the 15th to the 30th. You said your guy at 2k told you it's steam, kotaku reporting it won't be on steam. Obviously not your fault but myself and others really just wanna know what the deal is. Sounds like a massive clusterfuck at 2k. I'd really rather get it from you / on steam but I'm close to just buying the retail boxed version which has been out since 10/2.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know too. If it's not Steam I'll really be like wtf...

Didn't expect BioShock to go on sale for $7.49. That's damn good. Spec Ops for $6+this deal for $7.50 is cheaper than the Deep Sea Bundle I got...

[quote name='60fps']Are the deluxe edition extras worth the additional $2.50?[/QUOTE]

Same question for Brotherhood

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, will it be offers on PC downloads for Halloween??, games like Dead Island, The Darkness II, Metro 2033, something like that?

[quote name='G_freemanX']Sorry if this was posted earlier but, will it be offers on PC downloads for Halloween??, games like Dead Island, The Darkness II, Metro 2033, something like that?[/QUOTE]

+1 to this, i would love to pick up Dead Island and The Darkness II as well.

[quote name='xRidley']We need a sell on Dark Souls. Screw all those games that go on sell every 3 days for $5 anyway[/QUOTE]

How does Dark Souls for $20 sound to you guys? I'll make the bold prediction it will happen in a couple of weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back