Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Darkness 2 is Steam-required.[/QUOTE]

Weird the guy on that gamestop show says its for direct download only and not for Steam. :roll:

Was hoping the AC3 thing would be more a deal on the actual game.. not a "buy this game and get a discount on Ac3 later"

I like the concept of the show. Unfortunately Darkness II is one of those games that's always on sale somewhere for 5-7$ And not interested in DMC HD personally.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Was there a list of deals on that Gamespot thing or just the Darkness deal?

Missed it, stupid work.[/QUOTE]

Devil May Cry HD Collection(PS3/X360) $9.99
Darkness 2 PC Digital $4.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations(PS3/X360/maybe PC) $19.99 with $15 AC3 Encyclopedia Edition Credit

[quote name='TheHeretic']Weird the guy on that gamestop show says its for direct download only and not for Steam. :roll:[/QUOTE]

He said *the deal* is not available on Steam, not the game.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Ends tomorrow at 11:59:59 PM.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tony. Could you also tell me how long will that Darkness II deal last?

[quote name='The Nephilim']-snip-
I like the concept of the show. Unfortunately Darkness II is one of those games that's always on sale somewhere for 5-7$ And not interested in DMC HD personally.[/QUOTE]

I think it hit $7+ once before and this is the first time it's gone for $5. Great deal, but not in my tastes.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Weird the guy on that gamestop show says its for direct download only and not for Steam. :roll:[/QUOTE]

They showed it.
If you do the actual download From Amazon DVG, it gives you a STEAM installer - like as if you bought a STEAM-required game from RETAIL (on disc).

They should've said it IS easier just copy the KEY that gets put in your Amazon account right into STEAM itself.

[quote name='kaydigi']Can you play part 2 without playing the first one?[/QUOTE]

I did. The game recaps everything. No need to even play the previous game.

I bought Darkness II for $20 sometime ago and it was worth every penny. For $5 it is an amazing deal :applause:

Are there any other new deals for this event ?

Edit: got it

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']:).

You'll have no reason not to buy The Darkness II in a few short hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
And I just did. Thanks Tony for the amazing deal.

What's all this talk of bundles? I'm interested in this game especially at this price, but I'm in the middle of Borderlands and my backlog is increasing by the day. You guys think it'll be cheaper down the line? Bundled with what?

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm going to preemptively say that The Darkness 2 is a great game. If you didn't play the first one, the beginning summarizes it and I didn't feel like I was missing anything during the course of gameplay by not playing it. The story does a nice job of being serious while at the same time being ridiculous with the supernatural, and imo doesn't take either to the extremely but instead finds a nice middle ground to stay enjoyable. It's a solid 6 or so hour campaign with a score for upgrades mechanic similar to Bulletstorm, where the "cooler" your kill is, the more upgrade points you get for your powers. That said, I don't remember any powers that were required to beat the game, so you can play it more like a traditional shooter and not worry about upgrades, although you will miss out on a lot of the fun stuff the game provides if you do. The darkness/light mechanic also provides some light puzzle solving that changes the pace from time to time and keeps things fresh.

In short: I waited until it was $12.50 and having played it, would've paid up to $20. I have a hunch on the price and wholeheartedly recommend buying it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the concise write-up; it's sorely tempting me to violate my [anal-retentive] rule about playing games in order, especially when I don't already own the previous titles.

edit: getting it for "free" = vaseline

Can't deny it's worth it at $5 even if I only have a passing interest in playing. Still... one day there might be some wacky bundle of multiple games with it included!

[quote name='Tezuz']somebody can help me buying on amazon PCDD, im a non us buyer and i want a couple of DD things :([/QUOTE]

Not sure we're allowed to do that. Last guy that did Tony had to put on his Hitman cosplay outfit and that poster hasn't been since.

Not that I think Tony had anything to do with, I'm sure it's just coincidence and if any law official asks me I'll say the same thing yes siree.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I entireheartedly concur. It's just a fun fun game. I think the only complaint I've heard is it is "short" but at anything below $20 you definitely get your money's worth.[/QUOTE]

Some say it's about 6-8 hours long. That's AWESOME for me. Thanks to being a "sale-addict" my backlog is huge (you're not helping with your sales Tony!), so that's about the time I want to play any single player non rpg/strategy game. I think I finished about 2% of my library :(

[quote name='juanjava']Some say it's about 6-8 hours long. That's AWESOME for me. Thanks to being a "sale-addict" my backlog is huge (you're not helping with your sales Tony!), so that's about the time I want to play any single player non rpg/strategy game. I think I finished about 2% of my library :([/QUOTE]

According to Steam I played 8.7h, unlocked 19 out of 50 achievements and still didn't finish the game :)

Hey Tony, I have a couple of friends who pre-ordered Virtue's Last Reward from Amazon. It came out on the 24th, but neither of their orders have shipped yet, or even have the "shipping soon" status.

What would you suggest they do? They're worried that contacting CS might cancel their pre-order or do something funky to the bonus watch. Any suggestions?

Saw the Darkness II deal for 4.99 on Amazon, decided to watch trailer, game play on youtube and thought OKAY! let's get it. Clicked on buy and download and boom, it was 29.99$ again. Bad luck I guess, but I will wait until it's 4.99$ again. Between my backlog and work-life balance I won't miss it much.

[quote name='Tezuz']somebody can help me buying on amazon PCDD, im a non us buyer and i want a couple of DD things :([/QUOTE]

Even if we did, Steam stuff is usually region locked anyway

[quote name='Zakart']Saw the Darkness II deal for 4.99 on Amazon, decided to watch trailer, game play on youtube and thought OKAY! let's get it. Clicked on buy and download and boom, it was 29.99$ again. Bad luck I guess, but I will wait until it's 4.99$ again. Between my backlog and work-life balance I won't miss it much.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me too... was talking to my wife... click buy and saw it at 29.99$ again :(

[quote name='Mooby']Anyway to track these 'lightning' like promotions? Think someone had a twitter link earlier.[/QUOTE]

Follow CAG on Twitter. CheapyD tweeted this deal as soon it was alive.

I can try if you like, PM me :D

Hi guys, i'm interested in NFS bundle but i have 2 games in that bundle so i just need Prostreet and Shift 1. So i think we could set up a group-buy; 12$/2 = 6$ you send me 6$ via Paypal; i buy and send you back Shift 2 and Undercover.
If anyone care, just hit me a pm. Thx for reading and sorry if this is spam or off-topic
/ps: Is this any Amazon coupons still work?; just find a coupon: octofun1 but seem don't work anymore

[quote name='tjs09']So what was the big news?

EDIT: Found it. I'm liking the new show as well. It's like QVC, except useful..[/QUOTE]

It didn't do much for me - and that's probably b/c I'm so tapped into this Matrix of constantly reading & watching so many previews & reviews at so many different websites and any media that I can find. Often, I just don't NEED all this info thrown at me. It felt like, "Okay, there's the game...cool, it's on sale! Now, just give me a price!"
I really didn't need all the extra info about those game, what they might cost elsewhere, etc...

...Though, if you don't know MUCH about a game on sale, THIS is an excellent tool - it might get you to buy the game OR just start scouring the Net for as much info as you can find about it!

...Though, here's the thing - I can definitely see how many who don't know much about a particular said game that they're trying to sell to you or about how PC downloads work might ABSOLUTELY LOVE this thing. And those who like HSN and QVC and see this thing - they'll probably love it, too.

There was a nice & short explanation on how Amazon DVG downloads for PC game (that they showed during Darkness 2 PC) - though, I think that's really best for games that don't use Steam or Origin. They should've showed that you can ALSO just get your key from your Amazon account and that you can plug it into Steam and go from there. I think that's much easier, honestly.

For me, I think I prefer these CAG Boards for its constant interaction and Tony telling us what's on sale now and going to be on sale soon - and getting right to the point.

Granted, this is ONLY Show #1 for Amazon & GameSpot as partners for showing off "deals" - and it likely will only get better, as times goes. Unfortunately, I'll be on my way home from work, most times this show goes on - so I'll miss out on the deals and seeing how the actual show progresses over time and over more episodes.

Oh, I just want to say - Darkness 2 PC for $5 is an absolutely fantastic deal. I bought the game a bit ago from NewEgg (The Limited Edition of it in a Retail Box) for $10 - certainly EASILY WORTH the $10 that I paid for it.
$5 for that game = NO BRAINER.

Welp. they locked the amazon DD thread on gaf because they started discussing what happened with Tony. That was unfortunate. I like the site, but sometimes, they're just so full of shit, especially the mods.

[quote name='G_freemanX']Why is the darkness II first on the list?? what did i miss???[/QUOTE]

Darkness 2 PC download (Requires Steam) today was for a short-time $5 during the TwitchTV streaming from GameSpot of the joined Amazon/GameSpot Friday Sales.

Today was episode #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back