Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does anyone else just hate the look of Eyefinity with the distortion. I understand why it does it, but it just looks like pure crap to me and has always bugged me.

[quote name='Terlan']Tempted by Assassins creed 3 but it's a little pricey for me. Why did it have to become a steam key.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait, expecting a drop before christmas!

[quote name='KaOTiK']Is it just me or does anyone else just hate the look of Eyefinity with the distortion. I understand why it does it, but it just looks like pure crap to me and has always bugged me.[/QUOTE]

Actual gameplay is very different than screenshots. With Eyefinity, you put the 2 side monitors with an angle so it doesn't look as distorted and adds more immersion to the whole experience. Once you go Multimonitor you can never go back and I myself decide whether to buy a game or not based on Eyefinity support as a priority

[quote name='tmwfte']Since they added the Season Pass to the Deluxe Edition, $79.99 is what it's been listed at just about everywhere except for Amazon US. It's not exactly a "scumbag" move.[/QUOTE]
The scumbag move I'm referring to was when they had listed it for $65 US and $75 Canadian. I wasn't aware of this season pass thing til today, I looked at their site just now and they're selling the new product for $89.99 Canadian so I'm still calling their Canadian pricing a scumbag move. I'll give this subject a rest cause it's not relevant to the thread, sorry for going off-topic. And to be clear, I'm talking about Ubisoft store, not Amazon.

[quote name='r9800pro']Actual gameplay is very different than screenshots. With Eyefinity, you put the 2 side monitors with an angle so it doesn't look as distorted and adds more immersion to the whole experience. Once you go Multimonitor you can never go back and I myself decide whether to buy a game or not based on Eyefinity support as a priority[/QUOTE]

I use to multimonitor game like 5 years ago. Don't miss it and choose to play on a single monitor when I have 3 I use on my PC.

It is just a taste thing. I don't care for it, but I know some people do. A lot like 3D actually for people.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']The scumbag move I'm referring to was when they had listed it for $65 US and $75 Canadian. I wasn't aware of this season pass thing til today, I looked at their site just now and they're selling the new product for $89.99 Canadian so I'm still calling their Canadian pricing a scumbag move. I'll give this subject a rest cause it's not relevant to the thread, sorry for going off-topic. And to be clear, I'm talking about Ubisoft store, not Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Funny that Ubishop store in Europe removed the Deluxe Edition and now it shows "Product Not Available" although they had it few hours ago listed for 79.99 Euros ($102.50)

[quote name='KaOTiK']I use to multimonitor game like 5 years ago. Don't miss it and choose to play on a single monitor when I have 3 I use on my PC.

It is just a taste thing. I don't care for it, but I know some people do. A lot like 3D actually for people.[/QUOTE]

That was not Eyefinity then because Eyefinity was introduced on September 23, 2009 with ATI HD 5000 launch. The technology matured very fast and in 2011 when I got my setup it was amazing with very little, if any, issues

Couple of notes:

1. ACIII Deluxe will be back up to $79.99 at one point in the near future (read today). Those who order/ordered at $64.99 will keep that pre-order pricing.
2. Our ability to get more Steam keys from vendors, as always, relies on the performance of our first runs at doing so. I'll pitch getting them for Far Cry 3 but making that pitch happen is going to 100% depend on how ACIII pre-sells/week 1.

Cheers,
Tony

I've had Xcom in my cart several times this week but couldn't pull the trigger thinking that a deal may be in the horizon. I know Xcom is worth every penny but a CAG is a CAG. So can you put my apprehension to rest Tony?

[quote name='knightsdwn']I've had Xcom in my cart several times this week but couldn't pull the trigger thinking that a deal may be in the horizon. I know Xcom is worth every penny but a CAG is a CAG. So can you put my apprehension to rest Tony?[/QUOTE]

Looking like Black Friday, no specifics yet though.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does amazon charge you for preorders immediately, or at the time of release?[/QUOTE]

On fulfillment, so it might not be time of release, it might be when it preloads. But essentially you're charged whenever we deliver you something (like a key).

Rule of thumb:

If the buy box is yellow and says "buy" you're getting charged, if it says "pre-order" you're not.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the info. Is it easy to cancel a pre-order on a digital download? I seem to recall you have to write in and request it, instead of just hitting a cancel button?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Couple of notes:

1. ACIII Deluxe will be back up to $79.99 at one point in the near future (read today). Those who order/ordered at $64.99 will keep that pre-order pricing.
2. Our ability to get more Steam keys from vendors, as always, relies on the performance of our first runs at doing so. I'll pitch getting them for Far Cry 3 but making that pitch happen is going to 100% depend on how ACIII pre-sells/week 1.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

1. I am really happy that I made the pre-order as soon as I "felt" something was gonna happen :lol:

2. I am sure ACIII will sell very well, me and 2 friends pre-ordered it :D

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks for the info. Is it easy to cancel a pre-order on a digital download? I seem to recall you have to write in and request it, instead of just hitting a cancel button?[/QUOTE]

It is just hitting the cancel button

[quote name='r9800pro']
It is just hitting the cancel button[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks for the info. Maybe my friend was just being a dumbass last time he canceled, he told me it was a hassle.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nice, thanks for the info. Maybe my friend was just being a dumbass last time he canceled, he told me it was a hassle.[/QUOTE]

Actually cancelling a pre-order on Amazon Digital Downloads is easier than making the pre-order itself lol

The only bad thing about it is that you will need to wait to get any GC you may have in your account for around 2 days. Not sure about promotional credit though, can you help us here Tony ?

[quote name='r9800pro']Actually cancelling a pre-order on Amazon Digital Downloads is easier than making the pre-order itself lol

The only bad thing about it is that you will need to wait to get any GC you may have in your account for around 2 days. Not sure about promotional credit though, can you help us here Tony ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I can reach out to that team though.

[quote name='Optmst']Hello Tony, can you do "Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete" PM?[/QUOTE]

Hamsters running.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Looking like Black Friday, no specifics yet though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response Tony! I can knock out some games and wait for your BF deals.

[quote name='Optmst']Hello Tony, can you do "Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete" PM?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, on their page it says that it's not compatible with Windows 7, can anyone comment on that?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Not sure, I can reach out to that team though.

Hamsters running.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'll be glad to see this hit 7.49. Thanks for the PM

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hmm, on their page it says that it's not compatible with Windows 7, can anyone comment on that?[/QUOTE]

Bought it during the steam summer sale and it's been running fine on windows 7 for me, not sure if the amazon one activates on steam though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hmm, on their page it says that it's not compatible with Windows 7, can anyone comment on that?[/QUOTE]
It does work with Windows 7, this was asked during the Steam Summer Sale. Apparently it has been patched but the Steam store page was never updated.

[quote name='sunasun']It does work with Windows 7, this was asked during the Steam Summer Sale. Apparently it has been patched but the Steam store page was never updated.[/QUOTE]

That quote was from the Amazon page, but thanks for the update. That was a deal breaker for me. Hamsters have caught up and the price flipped, I'm guessing this isn't "Steamable" as there's no info regarding that in the description.

"Not compatible with Windows 7
Note that Grand Theft Auto 4 is NOT compatible with Windows 7."

"Not compatible with Windows 7

Why it says that? I have GTA IV on windows 7 running just fine, Am i missing something?.
Never the less, can that pack be reedemed on STEAM?.

** im answering to myself** NO, it is not for STEAM

[quote name='G_freemanX']"Not compatible with Windows 7

Why it says that? I have GTA IV on windows 7 running just fine, Am i missing something?.
Never the less, can that pack be reedemed on STEAM?.

** im answering to myself** NO, it is not for STEAM[/QUOTE]

If there's no official support from the devs that kind of message is sometimes used.

[quote name='Eldredpe']If there's no official support from the devs that kind of message is sometimes used.[/QUOTE]

I think it's probably this. I ran vanilla IV and Lost and the Damned with no problems on my 7 rig.

[quote name='warreni']I think it's probably this. I ran vanilla IV and Lost and the Damned with no problems on my 7 rig.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, vanilla IV runs fine on win7 x64. But you should get the console version if possible, pc is badly optimized (below 30 fps at some points).

[quote name='MC Kage']Any chance of an Obama-sale event storewide Tony?[/QUOTE]

I assume this is a joke, but how would one build such a themed sale, if you had any ideas in mind?

Runs fine on Win7 Pro 64-bit for me, 720 BE & GTX 260.

Please Tony, can you check what extra contents ACIII Deluxe comes with ?

Amazon states:

Deluxe Edition customers receive extra in-game content:
  • Three single-player missions: Lost Mayan Ruins, Ghost of War, and A Dangerous Secret.
  • Two single-player characters: Captain of the Aquila and Colonial Assassin.
  • Two multiplayer characters: Redcoat and Sharpshooter.
While official ACIII Deluxe contects should be:

4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay.
A collection of 25 tracks from the official Assassin’s Creed® III soundtrack (mp3 files).
George Washington’s notebook (pdf file).
Plus some extra weapons

damn, I would've bought AC3 deluxe for sure had I known it was 64$ including the season pass...why wasn't it in the title? 8(

@Tony: any chance you could put Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on sale? steam key pretty please? :D

[quote name='asdo']damn, I would've bought AC3 deluxe for sure had I known it was 64$ including the season pass...why wasn't it in the title? 8(

@Tony: any chance you could put Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on sale? steam key pretty please? :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, would have bought a copy for me and my gf if I had seen it. Damn me for paying too much attention to the election and not enough to Amazon's DVG deals. That'll teach me.

edit: Tony, not sure if you've mentioned it in this thread or not but can you find out if Far Cry 3 will be Steam or not? Thanks.

[quote name='r9800pro']Please Tony, can you check what extra contents ACIII Deluxe comes with ?

Amazon states:

[/LIST]
While official ACIII Deluxe contects should be:

Plus some extra weapons[/QUOTE]
Another thing is it seems the pre-order bonus is a mission that's already included in the Deluxe Edition. This kinda defeats the benefit of preordering. Do we get an extra code for that in addition to the one included? I would think so.

I was wondering why Fallout 3, or Fallout: NV wasn't available to download digitally? I would love to buy it. I missed the Halloween sale. :booty:

[quote name='deranged boar']I was wondering why Fallout 3, or Fallout: NV wasn't available to download digitally? I would love to buy it. I missed the Halloween sale. :booty:[/QUOTE]

We don't sell Bethesda content digitally yet :(.

Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.

I'm pretty pumped about this one :).

Cheers,
Tony

daymmmmm dat THQ bundle...after their earnings report yday, the most def need any money they can get!

Super solid 10 dollar bundle. How the hell do you pull these deals tony? Holy...

[quote name='gomikeoh']daymmmmm dat THQ bundle...after their earnings report yday, the most def need any money they can get!

Super solid 10 dollar bundle. How the hell do you pull these deals tony? Holy...[/QUOTE]

We're going to run it as a test case for a short burst, if it does well (which I think it has to) we'll do it as a Deal of the Week.

Also, I ordered enough keys this time so that if we sell out, everyone will have bought it...EVERYONE.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Nice bundle, I own everything except Homefront sadly. I'll buy someones copy for $1.75 though :D[/QUOTE]

:).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're going to run it as a test case for a short burst, if it does well (which I think it has to) we'll do it as a Deal of the Week.

Also, I ordered enough keys this time so that if we sell out, everyone will have bought it...EVERYONE.

:).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Take my money already!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.

I'm pretty pumped about this one :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Very nice bundle. Sadly, I already own everything in it but Red Faction Armageddon. So I'll probably pass.

Awesome bundle for most everyone else, though.

Oh also, around Black Friday, we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

WB Kombat Pack:

Lord of the Rings: War In The North
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh also, around Black Friday, we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

WB Kombat Pack:

Lord of the Rings: War In The North
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I hope you have mortal kombat ala carte it's the only one I don't have.

Great deal for the THQ stuff though I'd probably pass since I own STALKER and Guerrilla and have basically zero interest in Homefront. Still, $10 for the other three isn't bad. Although I'd probably just buy Space Marine for a few bucks from someone bundle who owns it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back