Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.[/QUOTE]

There's a Mixed pack and Steam Pack.

Prototype 2 PC flat-out requires STEAM everywhere period. There's NO way around that. You're stuck with that.

Mixed pack = Prototype 1 has different DRM (it's not Steam).
Steam pack = ALL Prototype games use Steam here, including Prototype 1.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Wait, so both Prototype games in the pack are Steam activated? I thought it was explicitly established that Prototype 1 wouldn't be, back when this was first announced and discussed. That's the only reason I picked it up when it was a special a week or two ago on Steam. If this was laid out and I just missed it, then my bad, it's on me. But if it wasn't, then the lack of communication on that definitely just cost a sale. The pack is awesome for $10, but I don't really want to rebuy half a two-game bundle.[/QUOTE]

At the time you bought it...Tony didnt think they would be getting Steam keys for Prototype 1. When people were asking him to price match the Steam sale he said buy it on Steam if you want it on Steam...this bundle was going to be mixed DRM...Steam and non steam. It was only a few days before the bundle launched...and well after the Steam prototype sale that we found out that we could choose to get Steam keys for Prototype 1 if we wanted.

And I still have a Prototype 1 Steam key for 2.50 for anyone that wants it

Updating OP and title now btw.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Tony hasn't said anything about Black Friday yet has he? Dude is laying low.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']You talking Nov 23rd Black Friday? Or the gamspot/amazon/twitchTV 2 hour Black Friday things?

If it's the former, Tony confirmed that the pack with Hearts Of Iron will be a Black Friday special.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I would also like to get a taste of what you have lined up for Black Friday, Tony.

Anything for Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs?[/QUOTE]

I spent yesterday and am spending today actually setting up all the pricing for Black Friday in our systems. Once this is complete I'll start creating a guide on the OP.

Sorry for the delay, been super slammed actually getting the deals and documenting them.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a distribution rights thing. I'm not sure what the status is on us getting them back.

[quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

http://www.hardwarevantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Steam-Summer-Sale-Flash-Sales.jpg

http://www.impulsedriven.com/mailers/img/600x200/fs_deadisland.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='roztworek']prototype 1 is badly ported too. cant even get it to run at higher res then 1280x720 :([/QUOTE]

Running it at 5944x1080

Both Prototype 1 and 2 run fine for me

Specs:

Core i7 920 @4.25GHz
6GB DDR3 2025MHz RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6990 + HD 6970 in Tri-Fire CFx
5944x1080 resolution

Yeah, I was really surprised that we got them myself, and they came through literally about 2 days before the bundle went live.

I sincerely didn't think we'd get them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

dont listen to this guy tony, keep up the good work. by far THE best rep ever on this site.

[quote name='Greyghost']Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]
Have fun waiting for Steam Winter Sale. Maybe they'll have Metro 2033 for $4.99 again.

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']is this where we request deals?

Tony i don't ask for a lot but if amazon is available to price match or better yet top the Wifi Vita bundles this Black Friday, i'd love to see the AC:Liberation bundle go sub $200-- as a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and as someone with a large digital library of PSP games that aren't getting played because the battery in my fat first gen handheld lasts all but a half hour before dying

and i'm sure you get this all the time but we love what you're doing regardless of what requests are filled or not, thanks for all the hard work[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Selma commented on this, but I have almost 0 visibility and even less influence into what is being planned on the physical side regarding promotions.

Cheers,
Tony

lmfao. 2 bux dude. I give 2 bux away to homeless people in the street all the time and you're stressing like hell about 2 bux. where are your priority's man.

I only buy games i really want, if i get a good deal because of this site that's great. if im getting a good deal who the hell cares if it was better two days previous? you're still getting a good deal for a game you want. when it's just 2 bux diff it's not even worth thinking about twice.

[quote name='paz9x']dont listen to this guy tony, keep up the good work. by far THE best rep ever on this site.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we need to post things like this every time somebody bashes Amazon PCDD.

Tony's not made of glass, you know. ;)

[quote name='r9800pro']Running it at 5944x1080

Both Prototype 1 and 2 run fine for me

Specs:

Core i7 920 @4.25GHz
6GB DDR3 2025MHz RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6990 + HD 6970 in Tri-Fire CFx
5944x1080 resolution[/QUOTE]

Just played for a little over an hour w/ Prototype 2, according to Steam and Raptr.

I'm running Prototype 2 here on my PC:
i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

My performance is always above 30 FPS (that is good!) and maxes out at 60 FPS (great!), but it's all over the place b/t there (ugh!) - you can notice slight slow-downs and stutters when the framerate drops majorly...b/c so much is happening on-screen here & b/c this game is a huge seamless world. It's not crawling when it stutters (b/c you're not hitting below 25 FPS or in single digits), but you do notice it.

Honestly, games should have a built-in feature to lock it down at 30 FPS or a max 60 FPS cap - just in case gamers don't want the framerate jumping all over the place.

Yes, I'm using my X360 gamepad when playing this. If you like Prototype 1 - chances are, you're going to like Prototype 2: it feels like it's more of the same, basically.

And now, back to the game...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not buying the prototype pack at 9.99. In all honesty though, not sure I would have bought it at 7.50. I played through a good bit of the first one on 360 back when it first launched... and I just felt it to be too repetitive though. Honestly though... 9.99 is not a bad deal for both of these games if you are going to play them. Looking forward to whatever other Deals tony brings our way.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I don't think we need to post things like this every time somebody bashes Amazon PCDD.

Tony's not made of glass, you know. ;)[/QUOTE]

Porcelain

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone have any P2 issues where it will get stuck on the 1st loading screen and never do anything?
friend is having that issue but there doesn't seem to be a definite fix anywhere.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I don't think we need to post things like this every time somebody bashes Amazon PCDD.

Tony's not made of glass, you know. ;)[/QUOTE]

He's a beautiful butterfly and we must protect him!

Either deal is fantastic for a game that came out at the end of July, and bundled with DLC and the predecessor. Honestly the deal is so good that I am seriously worried about the gaming industry - slashing your price like that 3.5 months after release seems a desperate move and not a sustainable practice. Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?

About the performance of Prototype 2: Runs flawless on highest settings at 1080p on my machine: i5-3570K@4GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX570 1280GB.
From reading the forums people with AMD/ATI cards and people on low-end laptops (the latter are always very vocal) often seem to have problems though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey man,

Selma commented on this, but I have almost 0 visibility and even less influence into what is being planned on the physical side regarding promotions.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Not with that attitude. Go storm the other side of the building and crack some heads.

[quote name='JamesJoyce']Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?[/QUOTE]
A guy from EA said this once a year or so ago. They're still burning effigies of him over at Steam-Fans HQ.

[quote name='JamesJoyce']Either deal is fantastic for a game that came out at the end of July, and bundled with DLC and the predecessor. Honestly the deal is so good that I am seriously worried about the gaming industry - slashing your price like that 3.5 months after release seems a desperate move and not a sustainable practice. Who is going to pay full price for future releases if this pricing becomes common?

About the performance of Prototype 2: Runs flawless on highest settings at 1080p on my machine: i5-3570K@4GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX570 1280GB.
From reading the forums people with AMD/ATI cards and people on low-end laptops (the latter are always very vocal) often seem to have problems though.[/QUOTE]

what does flawless mean? FPS always above 60?

I get smooth 25-35 FPS average, and 60+ max. If you look at your gpu clock you will see that the game downclocks it (at least for me). A bad port, but I'm glad it works for some people.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I spent yesterday and am spending today actually setting up all the pricing for Black Friday in our systems. Once this is complete I'll start creating a guide on the OP.

Sorry for the delay, been super slammed actually getting the deals and documenting them.
[/QUOTE]

I am excited.

Where's that Guy Fawkes-Jade Empire mashup when you want it?

Hi guys,

Is there any news on steam keys for far cry 3?

And maybe some of you know, whether the Deluxe Edition of Far Cry 3 will still be available after the game is released on the steamstore? ...or if it's only a pre-order thing.

with kindest regards

[quote name='georgebot84']what does flawless mean? FPS always above 60?

I get smooth 25-35 FPS average, and 60+ max. If you look at your gpu clock you will see that the game downclocks it (at least for me). A bad port, but I'm glad it works for some people.[/QUOTE]
I have vsync on, so 60 fps is max for me. And the game mostly stays there, haven't noticed any severe drops. The GPU only downclocks for me during cinematics, at least according to afterburner.

Might not be the greatest port, but I've seen much worse. At least there are some graphics options to play with.

[quote name='shaggyc']I'm not buying the prototype pack at 9.99. In all honesty though, not sure I would have bought it at 7.50. I played through a good bit of the first one on 360 back when it first launched... and I just felt it to be too repetitive though. Honestly though... 9.99 is not a bad deal for both of these games if you are going to play them. Looking forward to whatever other Deals tony brings our way.[/QUOTE]

was there a reason why it went from 7.50 to 9.99. was it a mistake at 7.50 the other day?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
http://www.hardwarevantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Steam-Summer-Sale-Flash-Sales.jpg

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:X @ Tony pointing out other digital stores ALSO doing Flash Sales.
NICE! ;)

Anyways, when you do those impulsive Amazon/GameSpot Flash Deals, will they always last for 2 hours or if they sell-out first?

And after seeing you post this from one of the crazy seasonal Steam sales...
Is Super SF4 Arcade going on sale soon? :p
Or any Capcom Bundles? :p

[quote name='deletion']was there a reason why it went from 7.50 to 9.99. was it a mistake at 7.50 the other day?[/QUOTE]

Given how I've seen most Flash Deals from other digital sites...
...Limited Time "Flash Deals" for a certain short amount of time (up to a few hours) or a limited number of keys USUALLY are MUCH BETTER than most of digital store's normal Weekly Deals, Mid-Week Deals, and/or Weekend Deals.

I think the point of these "Flash Deals" is to make you be VERY impulsive and BUY NOW!

[quote name='loomis1975']Thanks Tony for getting steam codes for all the stuff in the Prototype pack, and looking forward to black friday sales.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks Tony for going the extra mile on this you surely know how to do a good promotion.

I'm pretty sure you'll get a big bonus from Amazon soon if not already for doing a job well done!

[quote name='The End']
Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad I have the DRM-free versions of those from Amazon.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony

Apparently Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 have been removed from steam. Both games are published by 1C (assuming that they haven't lost the rights to them) and would have been part of the 1C pack. Does their removal from Steam mean that they wont be part of that pack when you finally get it up & running?[/QUOTE]

NOOO!
SR1 and 2 was one of the games I was hoping would be in the 1C bundle. Hopefully Tony can still get these in the pack [or the HD re-release version :D ]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']http://www.hardwarevantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Steam-Summer-Sale-Flash-Sales.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I don't have a problem with flash sales, but you know what the conspicous difference between the ones you cited and the Amazon flash sale? Those other flash sales are actually advertised on the website which sells the items. Amazon should have some type of notice on its website about the flash sale at least while it is occuring.

[quote name='FU_2']I'm glad I have the DRM-free versions of those from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Uh... when they remove a game for sale from Steam they don't remove your access to it. Still in my library and I can download them freely.

[quote name='FU_2']I don't have a problem with flash sales, but you know what the conspicous difference between the ones you cited and the Amazon flash sale? Those other flash sales are actually advertised on the website which sells the items. Amazon should have some type of notice on its website about the flash sale at least while it is occuring.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I'll never watch the GameSpot show (and I don't usually check GameSpot for anything other than reviews and giveaways), the only reason I'm prepared for these type of deals is because I frequently check the Amazon PCDD thread. Amazon should really advertise these deals on their own site, I'd bet most of the people that know about these limited-time deals check forums, and not the actual GameSpot page. For everyone else, by the time they find out about the deal.. it's too late lol.

Except GameSpot wants gamers to watch their live stream for the unveiling.

GameSpot is acting as the marketer, Amazon is providing fulfillment.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Except GameSpot wants gamers to watch their live stream for the unveiling.

GameSpot is acting as the marketer, Amazon is providing fulfillment.[/QUOTE]

Maybe on Amazon's PC Game Download page, they provide the direct link to GameSpot's website for the show.

[quote name='FU_2']I don't have a problem with flash sales, but you know what the conspicous difference between the ones you cited and the Amazon flash sale? Those other flash sales are actually advertised on the website which sells the items. Amazon should have some type of notice on its website about the flash sale at least while it is occuring.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']This is true. I'll never watch the GameSpot show (and I don't usually check GameSpot for anything other than reviews and giveaways), the only reason I'm prepared for these type of deals is because I frequently check the Amazon PCDD thread. Amazon should really advertise these deals on their own site, I'd bet most of the people that know about these limited-time deals check forums, and not the actual GameSpot page. For everyone else, by the time they find out about the deal.. it's too late lol.[/QUOTE]

Good points, and apparently it isn't clear enough, but there is a big slot in the middle of the page when the Gamespot show is going on detailing the fact that the sale is only good for 2 hours. Unfortunately, that's really the only slot to communicate this info...and it is above the fold.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Uh... when they remove a game for sale from Steam they don't remove your access to it. Still in my library and I can download them freely.[/QUOTE]
That might not always be the case though. With Steam you don't own the games you purchase. You merely "subscribe" to them, and per the Steam Subscriber Agreement Valve can terminate your subscription/access to a game at any time for any reason.

[quote name='FU_2']That might not always be the case though. With Steam you don't own the games you purchase. You merely "subscribe" to them, and per the Steam Subscriber Agreement Valve can terminate your subscription/access to a game at any time for any reason.[/QUOTE]

This is the main reason the Amazon DD rocks. Tony said in earlier post, that we would always have access to games purchased from them (i.e. no Steam or Origon types that require those DRM systems). Love steam, but some of the language in their user agreement is hard to digest.

I have Space Rangers (non steam) nice to know if I want to play it 10 years from now. That I can just open up my Amazon software library and it will always be there.

[quote name='FU_2']That might not always be the case though. With Steam you don't own the games you purchase. You merely "subscribe" to them, and per the Steam Subscriber Agreement Valve can terminate your subscription/access to a game at any time for any reason.[/QUOTE]

It's been the case so far... and, please, we don't need another token anti-Steam poster. Yes, I'm well aware of the pros and cons of the DRM. Although I'm leaning towards you being a troll what with you being registered in the last couple of weeks and having an oh so clever name like 'FU2.' Once again I'm thankful for this forum's ignore feature.

You're a persistent little bugger, aren't you? ;)

[quote name='Mooby']It's been the case so far... and, please, we don't need another token anti-Steam poster. Yes, I'm well aware of the pros and cons of the DRM. Although I'm leaning towards you being a troll what with you being registered in the last couple of weeks and having an oh so clever name like 'FU2.' Once again I'm thankful for this forum's ignore feature.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprised me if it's the same guy who's already been banned 3 times for anti-Steam hatred in this thread. He isn't very subtle.

[quote name='Mooby']we[/quote]
We? Do you have a multiple personality disorder or are you just a self-important asshole who presumptuously likes to speak for other people?

...don't need another token anti-Steam poster.
What I posted about Steam is a fact not an opinion. Don't blame the messenger because you can't handle the unfortunate truth.

Once again I'm thankful for this forum's ignore feature.
Apparently not thankful enough to use it instead of posting your worthless reply.

[quote name='FU_2']
What I posted about Steam is a fact not an opinion. Don't blame the messenger because you can't handle the unfortunate truth.
[/QUOTE]

The prophet of truth has risen. Deliver us from our DRM-induced bondage, holy one. I would follow thee into the sun.

[quote name='FU_2']

• Do you have a multiple personality disorder
  • are you just a self-important asshole who presumptuously likes to speak for other people?
  • you can't handle the unfortunate truth.
  • your worthless reply.[/QUOTE]
None of this language and tone is warranted, solicited, or permitted in this thread.

If you share different opinions please share them respectfully.

Unless you're talking about how creepy Fox's new signature is, that topic is wide open :).

Cheers,
Tony

So is this one of those deals where I should start with Prototype (1) for the full, rich story or is it one of those deals where I might as well start with P2 because it's better in every respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back