Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mac the Geek']People ARE serialized. We just don't have to input our deoxyribonucleic acid-based serial numbers when signing up at CAG.[/QUOTE]

A small number of people may fail this. Some people are chimeras (composed of cells of more than one fertilized egg, thus have at least two DNA profiles). The wiki entry is a little out of date but gives you an idea.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to run sometime this week if I remember correctly. But I haven't seen it mentioned since last week.

FYI, I just completed the Prototype 2 storyline after playing the game for a combined 12 hours. I did some of the side missions, i.e. blacknet, but not all of them. The game says I'm 80% completed.
Do note that I played the game on Easy, so it may take someone on normal another hour or two to complete it.

Overall, good game. Good storyline, although the length was short enough to be moderately disappointing. I would have been quite disappointed if I paid $50 or $60 for a game that only has 12 hours of main content. $7.50 or $10 though? Good deal.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']I can't wait for the THQ bundle. I don't own any of the games in it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was really stoked when I saw the six games that were in it, because I have passed on a lot of them in the past.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Same here. I was really stoked when I saw the six games that were in it, because I have passed on a lot of them in the past.[/QUOTE]

Same here. When is that awesome bundle coming? :applause:

Which one of the previously referenced bundles is the THQ bundle?

edit: Nevermind I went back and found it

I am also wondering if these will all be activated on steam. I am a little TOO excited about this bundle.

For those asking about the THQ bundle and other upcoming deals, here's some quotes from Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't sell Bethesda content digitally yet :(.
Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine
Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.
I'm pretty pumped about this one :).
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh also, around Black Friday, we'll have this bundle for $9.99:

WB Kombat Pack:
Lord of the Rings: War In The North
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also,
We got the $5 coupon promo approved again :). It'll start around Black Friday. For those of you who don't remember it, MysterD loved it and can probably describe it for you.
Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

• [FONT=&quot]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur II[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,
Sorry for the delayed responses, I've had my head down prepping for Black Friday.
More info to come soon. On ME3, right now, for Black Friday, we're planning on a discount on the Trilogy but not any individual ME titles by themselves.
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']The DLC won't be included, and the THQ bundle is going to be part of the Gamespot show first (next week) and then, if it performs well, part of the Deal of the Week shortly thereafter.

Full transparency time, sometimes, getting these bundles approved requires a leap of faith on the other side of the fence. In order to make this leap less scary I've been pitching the 2 hour deal as a way to see how customers respond before committing to a full 24,48,72 hour deal or deal of the week.

I've got a couple stupid awesome deals lined up to test this way. The ones that do well will get repeats and likely more cool bundles from the publishers involved, the ones that don't do awesome will fade away...like dust in the wind :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, and I'll add to OP:

Starts 11/13:

Darksiders II: $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass: $6.79

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony

$10 for the entire bundle AND they're ALL Steam? Sold, sold, and more sold. I'm positive that the bundle will do incredibly well.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bundle will go crazy. I only really need Red Faction Guerilla and Space Marine, so if anyone doesn't need those feel free to hit me up.

That said, definitely emailing some people about this one and expect plenty of sales.

Awesome WB deal, really hyped. Is the $5 promo going to be paired with it?

Not sure about THQ, really want Homefront, already have Shadow from when it was $1, not sure I need the other ones. Choices :(

I have searched the thread but did not find the answer, can anyone tell me the specific time when Gamestop show starts?

I know it is friday afternoon, but would like to set an alert so that I don't miss it ;)

Thanks!

[quote name='frankie007']I have searched the thread but did not find the answer, can anyone tell me the specific time when Gamestop show starts?

I know it is friday afternoon, but would like to set an alert so that I don't miss it ;)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

2 p.m. PDT
4 p.m. CDT
5 p.m. EDT

Also it is on Gamespot.com, not gamestop. Always on front page of GAMESPOT.COM on fridays:)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

Starts 11/13:

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I love you Tony! No homo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georgebot84']2 p.m. PDT
4 p.m. CDT
5 p.m. EDT

Also it is on Gamespot.com, not gamestop. Always on front page of GAMESPOT.COM on fridays:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks georgebot84! :)

I knew it was Gamespot hehe just a typing mistake :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have Steam keys for the games that have Steam counterparts (I think). Need to check with Paradox.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just a quick question Tony regarding the Paradox pack you announced a while ago. Any word on whether or not the pack will include Steam keys for all games which are available on Steam?

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We don't sell Bethesda content digitally yet :(.

Also, I've got another upcoming bundle for you guys to look at:

$9.99 for:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

Right now all of these are Steam keys (individual keys when you buy the bundle) except for Stalker and Guerrilla. There is a high chance we'll get those as Steam keys.

I'm still locking down a date but it'll likely happen sometime next week.

I'm pretty pumped about this one :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm not really a PC gamer but I'd totally be all over this.

Yeah. If that bundle does come with steam key for stalker I'll be in for one for that game and space marine. Already have metro and homefront... the others don't interest me that much... but even still 5 a piece for those two games ain't bad at all.

Okay so reading back the whole bundle is steam. In for one.

First I would like to say thank you for all your hard work Tony because without you and your awesome deals I probably would have never taken the plunge into the world of pc gaming. Also I apologize if people have asked you this before but have you ever done build a bundle type of deals before?

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']First I would like to say thank you for all your hard work Tony because without you and your awesome deals I probably would have never taken the plunge into the world of pc gaming. Also I apologize if people have asked you this before but have you ever done build a bundle type of deals before?[/QUOTE]

they kind of did with a bunch of DRM free ubisoft games, I got far cry 2 and splinter cell double agent for $5.

wow great deal on the THQ bundle, too bad I already own every game on it except for Homefront. Tony, is Syndicate for $5 still coming on black friday?

I got all the THQ games from Amazon and Tony except for Red Faction Armageddon so if anyone is picking up the pack and wants to get rid of that PM me.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI confirmation that the THQ bundle will be ALL steam. It will debut as part of one of the 2 hour Friday deals. It will either come back at the same price for a DOTW shortly after, or it will never be seen from again. The outcome is 100% dependent on how it does in those 2 hours. Again, this is an example of being able to get a killer deal as a function of limiting the time exposure to test the market. It worked remarkably well with Prototype (thanks for those who asked) so I'm hoping to see an awesome level of performance, we'll see :).

Starts 11/13:

Go nuts!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Will any other darksiders II dlc be getting a discount as well, or just the game and season pass?

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']You know it's straight homo! LOL[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Washington legalized same-sex marriage just in time, then.

Hey Tony, any reason why Amazon is not selling Torchlight 2? Bought the first Torchlight from Amazon a while ago... I'm sure there are some politics behind Amazon not having Torchlight 2. Thought it might just be Steam exclusive, but Gamersgate and Gamefly both are selling keys... Anyway, If Amazon DOES get keys for that game, I would love to pick that up!

Thanks for the Prototype pack! I've known they're solid (perhaps not AAA quality, but still good) semi-open worlders and at $10 to get the series thus far is a pretty big steal from what I've seen elsewhere.

Thanks again! I think I officially buy more games for Steam from Amazon than I do on Steam.

[quote name='georgebot84']2 p.m. PDT
4 p.m. CDT
5 p.m. EDT

Also it is on Gamespot.com, not gamestop. Always on front page of GAMESPOT.COM on fridays:)[/QUOTE]

I habitually get the two confused.

More than once, I've actually stopped and wondered to myself, "Why are they doing these flash deals on Amazon when they spent a ton of money on Impulse?" :dunce:

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I habitually get the two confused.

More than once, I've actually stopped and wondered to myself, "Why are they doing these flash deals on Amazon when they spent a ton of money on Impulse?" :dunce:[/QUOTE]

lol

You're not alone. Until a second ago when I read you post, I was under the same misconception. Every week I kept asking myself, "why the fuck is Amazon teaming up with Gamestop?"

[quote name='amundsjm']
Thanks again! I think I officially buy more games for Steam from Amazon than I do on Steam.[/QUOTE]

That's been me for the last 2 months as well. Keep up the good work with these sales, Amazon!

Tony,

Any chance Darksiders 1 will be on sale? I know its been on sale quite a number of times, but for people that want to complete their bundle while buying DS2, yknow?

Thanks!

WHOA, HOLY CANNOLI, glad I just happened to see Darksiders II in the title before scrolling down since I thought Prototype would be the only great deal of the week and it is an incredible deal btw, which I didn't hesitate to jump on. :D I'm thinking about waiting until Darksiders II is 75% off to buy it but I really want to play it and 66% is still great. :whistle2:s Heh, I know it's been asked already, but is there any chance the other dlc will go on sale or at least Argul's Tomb and Death Rides since I personally care more about mission dlc than just aesthetic stuff? :razz:

EDIT: Btw, how long are those Gamespot/Amazon deals going on - is it until Black Friday (sorry can't remember if they call them "Black Friday" deals or not :oops:)? Anyway, I need to set an alarm on my calendar for those so I'll remember to check them out; sounds like some good stuff. :)

[quote name='Fire2box']I wonder if theres any chance we can see Batman: Arkham City for 9.99-19.99 by years end for Steam.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean GOTY?

Because there was an Amazon deal for steam keys of Arkham City (non-GOTY) and Arkham Asylum GOTY as a pack for $10 like a month ago. There was a coupon at the same time, so it came out to $7.50 for most.

[quote name='headpiece747']I got all the THQ games from Amazon and Tony except for Red Faction Armageddon so if anyone is picking up the pack and wants to get rid of that PM me.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same position as you. The only game from the pack that I don't already own is Red Faction Armageddon. I had already reached an agreement with fellow CAG gilby to buy his copy of Armageddon from the pack (because he either has it already, or isn't interested). But I'm starting to get second thoughts. Perhaps you might be interested in taking my place and buying from gilby.

Glad I grabbed the prototype flash deal. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was one of my favorite Xbox games and these are the spiritual successors. Gonna pass on DS2 for now because I think it'll drop fast. Still waiting for that 1c pack and KOA:R. Also can't wait to see the black friday deals. Fingers crossed for Max Payne and Dark Souls!

I regret having bought DS2 for $30 now! I've barely got a chance to play it. Ah well, lesson learned!

Also, poor THQ. They deserve better than to be collapsing so hard.

[quote name='vince_carter']Glad I grabbed the prototype flash deal. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was one of my favorite Xbox games and these are the spiritual successors. [/QUOTE]

Totally. I had some great memories playing Hulk, and that was the reason I was thrilled about Prototype.

Hey Tony, I have a friend who wants to buy Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Abyssea Edition. Any chance of an upcoming deal on that before Xmas? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

We won't be matching Borderlands GOTY, we've had it for $5.99 and $7.49 a few times this year and it will be part of several holiday bundles.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back