Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

We won't be matching Borderlands GOTY, we've had it for $5.99 and $7.49 a few times this year and it will be part of several holiday bundles.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 $10 -- make it happen! :lol:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have Steam keys for the games that have Steam counterparts (I think). Need to check with Paradox.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Severose']Just a quick question Tony regarding the Paradox pack you announced a while ago. Any word on whether or not the pack will include Steam keys for all games which are available on Steam?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

In case you missed it. ;)

[quote name='Severose']In case you missed it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, for Paradox games with Steam keys, we'll have Steam keys.

Also, someone asked about XCOM, I am still finalizing our XCOM BF pricepoint, if that price looks hot then grab it though because I don't have a final list.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='headpiece747']The End just tried to PM but your box is full.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Try it now.

EDIT: Thanks headpiece747. You're awesome.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, I was really surprised that we got them myself, and they came through literally about 2 days before the bundle went live.

I sincerely didn't think we'd get them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
That's fair enough. It's still disappointing (and I'd have been more likely to double-dip at $7.50 than $10), but it is what it is. I can't begrudge you for an admitted uncertainty. I hope the "Getting Steam keys for non-Steam games" trend continues, as it's great for games like this that rarely got a good sale on that marketplace.

[quote name='The End']I had already reached an agreement with fellow CAG gilby to buy his copy of Armageddon from the pack (because he either has it already, or isn't interested). But I'm starting to get second thoughts. Perhaps you might be interested in taking my place and buying from gilby.[/QUOTE]

I have the entire Red Faction pack, so I'd be looking to offload both Red Faction games from that Amazon pack.

That said, if it goes live this Friday, I'll miss it. I'll have to hope that everyone else buys enough that I'll be able to get in on a rerun of the deal.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, someone asked about XCOM, I am still finalizing our XCOM BF pricepoint, if that price looks hot then grab it though because I don't have a final list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can definitely skip the GMG deal to see what price you'll get it for Tony. BTW will it be bundled with the Elite Soldier Pack DLC?

i'd skip that because retailers will be fielding it at $25 for Black Friday. PC won't lag behind consoles for any extended period of time behind consoles there. GMG's sale is fairly "normal," not "holiday."

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, someone asked about XCOM, I am still finalizing our XCOM BF pricepoint, if that price looks hot then grab it though because I don't have a final list.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I was one of those people asking about XCom. I think I'll hold out to see what you guys offer. :)

I believe XCom is Steamworks. Worst case scenario I'm sure there will be stores looking to move their physical inventory at low prices.

Does anyone knows what DLCs is included in Darksiders 2 season pass? Will it include all current dlc or just selected quest dlc?

Just saw that the Darksiders II deal is now up. Unfortunately Gamersgate will win this round since they have the same deal on Darksiders II and you can use a coupon code to make it cheaper. And if you have the IGN Prime discount it stacks as well.

Darksiders II on Gamersgate: $16.98
Use G2PO discount code: -$0.85
IGN Prime discount: -$2.55

Total: $13.58

And you'll also receive: +679 BLC (points) equivalent to +$0.68 to freely use in your future purchases.

It's the same deal with the Season Pass. Both are Steamworks so you get to redeem them on Steam anyway.

So Gamersgate won this round, I wish Amazon could give a better deal on this on the future.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Just saw that the Darksiders II deal is now up. Unfortunately Gamersgate will win this round since they have the same deal on Darksiders II and you can use a coupon code to make it cheaper. And if you have the IGN Prime discount it stacks as well.

And you'll also receive: +679 BLC (points) equivalent to +$0.68 to freely use in your future purchases.

It's the same deal with the Season Pass. Both are Steamworks so you get to redeem them on Steam anyway.

So Gamersgate won this round, I wish Amazon could give a better deal on this on the future.[/QUOTE]

Good looking out.

Hmm, wonder if Steam will have some sort of Darksiders II midweek sale, maybe with a bundle, starting today to try and usurp some sales from Amazon and GMG. :whistle2:k

[quote name='rasvelen']Darksiders II deal is up!

Darksiders II:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B007FGUFX4&linkCode=as2&tag=122603776232-20

Season Pass:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B009AYQQTG&linkCode=as2&tag=122603776232-20

Nice deal, not sure if this is only for today.[/QUOTE]

The Season Pass seems like a crappy deal, there seem to be more DLC NOT inlcuded than included. Aint much of a Season Pass when half the DLC that comes or has come out, is not included...eh?
The DSII is an awesome deal though, would get it if I hadn't it already.

[quote name='renhoelder']The Season Pass seems like a crappy deal, there seem to be more DLC NOT inlcuded than included. Aint much of a Season Pass when half the DLC that comes or has come out, is not included...eh?
The DSII is an awesome deal though, would get it if I hadn't it already.[/QUOTE]

bah. I didn't know they were doing that too. I thought it was just Borderlands 2

[quote name='JanusDS']Hmm, wonder if Steam will have some sort of Darksiders II midweek sale, maybe with a bundle, starting today to try and usurp some sales from Amazon and GMG. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Hope part 1 is on sale also

[quote name='renhoelder']The Season Pass seems like a crappy deal, there seem to be more DLC NOT inlcuded than included. Aint much of a Season Pass when half the DLC that comes or has come out, is not included...eh?[/QUOTE]
Best thing about it seems to be that it includes two actual area/quest expansions rather than just weapons or armor like most of the DLC.

I got it for free from GMG via some discounts and cashing in trade games for more than I paid for them though or else I probably would have passed.

Darksiders 2 for $16.99 IS a pretty good deal.... But personally I'll have to pass on that one. I still have the first Darksiders in my backlog. By the time I get to finishing the first one, I'm sure DS2 will hit the sub $15 price point.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Just saw that the Darksiders II deal is now up. Unfortunately Gamersgate will win this round since they have the same deal on Darksiders II and you can use a coupon code to make it cheaper. And if you have the IGN Prime discount it stacks as well.

So Gamersgate won this round, I wish Amazon could give a better deal on this on the future.[/QUOTE]

True CAG right here :applause:

Every savings count!

[quote name='breakingadam']Darksiders 2 for $16.99 IS a pretty good deal.... But personally I'll have to pass on that one. I still have the first Darksiders in my backlog. By the time I get to finishing the first one, I'm sure DS2 will hit the sub $15 price point.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, can also see it dropping to the $10 mark hopefully by christmas time

[quote name='kaydigi']Hope part 1 is on sale also[/QUOTE]

Heh, iirc I got Darksiders 1 in a THQ bundle sale on Amazon way earlier this year. That was the game that I wanted the most; but as I recall it had several others I wanted to try and the bundle was well worth it. But I expect part 1 will be on sale sometime in all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season if you can wait that long. :D But yeah, that would be cool if Steam had a sale that included part 1 as well as the rest of the dlc for 2. :whee:

[quote name='JanusDS']Hmm, wonder if Steam will have some sort of Darksiders II midweek sale, maybe with a bundle, starting today to try and usurp some sales from Amazon and GMG. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It's the same price over at Gamefly too, so I wouldn't be surprised.

[quote name='Daf']Agreed, can also see it dropping to the $10 mark hopefully by christmas time[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. And, as much as I'd love to give THQ more money to stay in business, I've already bought Darksiders 1, Saints Row 2, Saints Row the 3rd, Space Marine, You don't know Jack, Homefront, and Metro 2033 this year. I think I've done my part. :lol:

[quote name='Genocidal']If it's a game you're interested in, I would buy it now. THQ's financials are getting worse, and there's a non-zero chance they'll be going under.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/10/3...h-wells-fargo-over-50-million-credit-facility[/QUOTE]

It is really sad. I really like THQ as a whole. I know the big franchises/studios they own will be sold off to other publishers and will survive, but it just sucks seeing a major publisher like THQ go down. Makes me feel for all their employees, and worry about the video games industry in general. Oh well, I'll keep buying games and hopefully all the other publishers/studios will keep finding ways to make money, keep people employed, and continue making games.

[quote name='Genocidal']If it's a game you're interested in, I would buy it now. THQ's financials are getting worse, and there's a non-zero chance they'll be going under.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/10/3...h-wells-fargo-over-50-million-credit-facility[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'd imagine that their games would quickly become available through another publisher who buys their rights, wouldn't you think? I find the odds of their catalogue becoming unavailable for too long of a period of time unlikely, but you never know.

[quote name='Necrotron']Yes, but I'd imagine that their games would quickly become available through another publisher who buys their rights, wouldn't you think? I find the odds of their catalogue becoming unavailable for too long of a period of time unlikely, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

We have no idea what the rights are for things, even IP's they own. There can be a chance that the studio that developed or makes game for xxx IP has some contractual ties to it even though it is fully owned by THQ. Chances are most if not all their games should be able to be put up by another publisher but we just don't know. It could take awhile to see the games rereleased because the new owner has to go through each game and do changes as well, and for some games they might feel it simply is not worth it. So his advice is solid and sound, if you want it, might want to buy it now when you know you can get it, because we don't know if/when it will be removed and if/when it will come back.

[quote name='rasvelen']Apparently Darksiders II is now on sale on Steam also. Meh, still going to buy from Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

Look at you, keeping food on my table!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Black Friday/Christmas bundle of Darksiders 1/Darksiders 2/DLC for $15, imo~[/QUOTE]

If Tony could make this happen, I'll be all over this. :D

Just posted this in another forum so I thought I'd drop it here as well:

For those interested in catalog titles we'll have stuff like a bundle of Mass Effect 1 + 2 + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 for $14.99 or Binary Domain+AVP+Viking+HellYeah+Condemned for $19.99. Newer stuff includes Need for Speed Most wanted for $25 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $30.

This is in relation to the Black Friday sales we'll be having.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='rasvelen']THQ needs our help go buy now![/QUOTE]

They defaulted on a $50 million line of credit from Wells Fargo -- they are beyond my help now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back