Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Yeah.. I tried playing it with my Radeon HD 7970 and my FPS consistently dropped to the low 30s whenever driving around. Game isn't optimized for AMD (probably not for some Nvidia cards too..), I think getting it to run well is luck based (having the exact system configuration).[/QUOTE]
Just tried it with my 7950. At 1680x1050 with everything jacked up high, I was getting 45-60fps in my car and 60-80fps out of the car and fighting. Worst I got was 35fps for a few seconds when I was nitro-bursting down a neon lit downtown street in the rain.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Just tried it with my 7950. At 1680x1050 with everything jacked up high, I was getting 45-60fps in my car and 60-80fps out of the car and fighting. Worst I got was 35fps for a few seconds when I was nitro-bursting down a neon lit downtown street in the rain.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it seems to be based mostly on luck. The reports I've seen aren't consistent, 2 people could have the same GPU with entirely different results. Then again, I haven't tried it in a couple months so maybe an update improved the framerate, I'm not really sure. All I know is overall, the game is poorly optimized. It's a much better port than SR2 was, but a fairly crappy one in general.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Definitely agree with this. Last year year I only bought a handful of games thinking the $5 would be worthless. Boy was I wrong.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I've always bought a lot of games, but never thought I'd use up all those $5 coupons I acquired for the BSO Deals 2011 sale Amazon they had in Jan 2012...
...EVERY one of them got used easily.

Whereelse could you get, after using your $5 coupon...
Shogun 2 for $2.49?
Darkspore for $2.99?
Civ 5 for $4?
Civ 4 Complete for $4?

Even w/out the $5 coupon, those deals were still KILLER deals at the time.

[quote name='asheskitty']Weird. I played with a GTX 260 near release and didn't have issues.[/QUOTE]
What CPU? I was using an older CPU but it still fell within the requirements. Other people were getting the same problems with fully high end systems though. There didn't seem to be a common denominator.

It was definitely related to the outdoors, cause my FPS would be chugging along at 25, I'd drive through a tunnel and it'd rocket up to 60, then drop back down when I got back out onto the open street.

[quote name='r9800pro']That is 75% off each game. I think this is unheard-of with Activision COD series :applause:

I do have both games, but I will make sure to tell all my friends ;)[/QUOTE]

I remember when Amazon DVG earlier this year on Valentine's Day, they had Modern Warfare 2 for $5...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']What CPU? I was using an older CPU but it still fell within the requirements.[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, I'm using an i7-860 OC'd to 3.6 GHz

Slightly amusing side-note:
I was riding around tonight, checking my frame rates when I crashed outside a building I never noticed before. Outside of it were two signs for "Olde Steel". I chuckled. I decided to Google it just to see if anyone else caught on and came across a whole thread of people mystified by the sign and what it could mean. Personally, I immediately identified it as a pun on a regional beer, Old Style.

[quote name='MysterD']I remember when Amazon DVG earlier this year on Valentine's Day, they had Modern Warfare 2 for $5...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remembered that agter posting the reply and wanted to edit it to be : COD BO but was busy with something and forgot to edit. I remembered because Amazon was where I got my MW2 :D

[quote name='asheskitty']Weird. I played with a GTX 260 near release and didn't have issues.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the issue is DX11 related

I do hardware reviews for GPUs and all the ones I tested lately with SR3 had no issues whatsoever, so it is maybe specific to some hardware and/or software combinations

Edit: here is a screenshot for fps while driving and while walking :

saintsrowthethirddx1120jz.jpg

saintsrowthethirddx1120b.jpg

Downsized by 50% from 1920x1080

HD6990
Core i7 [email protected]
6GB DDR3 2025MHz
Win 7 64bit
Catalyst 12.9 Beta with CAP1 12.10

1920x1080 DX11 Highest settings with 4xMSAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony for all the awesome deals. Can't even begin to imagine how much work you do to get these deals together.
But thank you. You and Amazon.com rock!

[quote name='MysterD']I've always bought a lot of games, but never thought I'd use up all those $5 coupons I acquired for the BSO Deals 2011 sale Amazon they had in Jan 2012...
...EVERY one of them got used easily.
Whereelse could you get, after using your $5 coupon...
Shogun 2 for $2.49?
Darkspore for $2.99?
Civ 5 for $4?
Civ 4 Complete for $4?

Even w/out the $5 coupon, those deals were still KILLER deals at the time
.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in December I placed zero value on the $5 coupon since I doubted there would be any tempting sales in January. I was so wrong. $2.50 for Just Cause 2 in Dec snagged me Civ 5 for $4 in Jan.

I've been looking got a good deal on Jet Set Radio.. but I am also interested in AVP - how about Tony just throws that one into the bundle - you know to make it more enticing? :p

[quote name='glennfrank']I've been looking got a good deal on Jet Set Radio.. but I am also interested in AVP - how about Tony just throws that one into the bundle - you know to make it more enticing? :p[/QUOTE]

You can get Jet Set Radio on greenmangaming for $3.50, steam key.

Although I am really looking forward to some of the upcoming Black Friday deals Tony has already hinted at, I'd REALLY love to see a good sale on Guild Wars 2...

Whatever happened to the Amazon Kingdoms of Amular deal? Tony hinted at it on GAF but I never saw it. Did I miss it or has it not happened yet?

[quote name='garath']Whatever happened to the Amazon Kingdoms of Amular deal? Tony hinted at it on GAF but I never saw it. Did I miss it or has it not happened yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you way missed that sale but I think Tony said it may come back again.

[quote name='breakingadam']Although I am really looking forward to some of the upcoming Black Friday deals Tony has already hinted at, I'd REALLY love to see a good sale on Guild Wars 2...[/QUOTE]

You could have had it for 25% off before launch. I wouldn't hold my breath on a sale, or at least a good one. It isn't a monthly subscription, so a decent chunk of their income comes from the direct sale of the game. And the original GW remained at its normal price for quite a while.

On Jet Set Radio, we'll have it for $4.99 a la carte, or in a bundle for $14.99 with:

1. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
2. Jet Set Radio
3. Renegade Ops
4. Renegade Ops Cold Strike Campaign DLC
5. Virtua Tennis 4

As for Guild Wars, we'll have 2 different deals:

1. Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe - $59.99 (so you get the digital deluxe for the price of the standard).

2. Buy Guild Wars 2 (standard) get a $10 promotional credit towards other digital video games.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='travathian']You could have had it for 25% off before launch. I wouldn't hold my breath on a sale, or at least a good one. It isn't a monthly subscription, so a decent chunk of their income comes from the direct sale of the game. And the original GW remained at its normal price for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

I could have it for 25% off on GMG RIGHT NOW, but that's still not a good enough sale to go with. That's just my opinion. What can I say... I love a good cheap deal. The only game I have paid over $40 for in the last year was Diablo 3 (paid $60).... and I regret it. I'll hold off on GW2, I guess. Until it reaches 50% off or more I can't justify buying it. Not with all the other games in my backlog, and other recent games hitting low price points.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']On Jet Set Radio, we'll have it for $4.99 a la carte, or in a bundle for $14.99 with:

1. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
2. Jet Set Radio
3. Renegade Ops
4. Renegade Ops Cold Strike Campaign DLC
5. Virtua Tennis 4

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I'm only interested in Virtua Tennis 4 if someone is willing to buy the bundle and sell me the code for that one. (I guess it could be available a la carte as well like JSR will be?)

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey guys, I'm only interested in Virtua Tennis 4 if someone is willing to buy the bundle and sell me the code for that one. (I guess it could be available a la carte as well like JSR will be?)[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's a steam code. Tony may be able to get them but I think the only two that have keys as of now are jsr and renegade ops

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Don't think it's a steam code. Tony may be able to get them but I think the only two that have keys as of now are jsr and renegade ops[/QUOTE]

Working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Don't think it's a steam code. Tony may be able to get them but I think the only two that have keys as of now are jsr and renegade ops[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Yeah I didn't even notice on the page it doesn't come with a steam code.

Edit: Thanks Tony that would be great if you got steam codes for Virtua Tennis 4.

[quote name='kaydigi']Tony,

Any sonic games or lego games for black friday?[/QUOTE]

+1 Sonic Generations would be awesome. :)

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Yeah you way missed that sale but I think Tony said it may come back again.[/QUOTE]

Crap. Well thanks for the update. I thought I stayed on top of it but guess not. It's hard to find the sales on Amazon sometimes unless I'm looking for it.

[quote name='garath']Crap. Well thanks for the update. I thought I stayed on top of it but guess not. It's hard to find the sales on Amazon sometimes unless I'm looking for it.[/QUOTE]

In fairness to you I think it was one of those 3-4 hour flash sales which are, indeed, easy to miss unless you hover on this thread poised to strike!

[quote name='r9800pro']That is 75% off each game. I think this is unheard-of with Activision COD series :applause:

I do have both games, but I will make sure to tell all my friends ;)[/QUOTE]

For these two titles, yes.

Steam had a COD bundle in the 2010 summer sale that included the first five COD titles (COD, COD2, COD:UO, COD4:MW, and COD:WAW) for $30. That one and this one are easily the best two bundles in COD franchise history.

[quote name='Syntax Error'] I immediately identified it as a pun on a regional beer, Old Style.[/QUOTE]

Olde Steel. The official beer of Wraglee Fields. :cool:

[quote name='kaydigi']Tony,

Any sonic games or lego games for black friday?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RavenHD']+1 Sonic Generations would be awesome. :)[/QUOTE]

Sonic CD - 1.24
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 1.24
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 1.24
Sonic the Hedgehog - 1.24
Sonic Spinball - 1.24
Sonic 3D Blast - 1.24
Sonic Adventure DX - 2.23
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 - 3.74
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - 2.99
Sonic Generations - 7.49

We'll also have this for $24.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6CS1M6

[quote name='garath']Crap. Well thanks for the update. I thought I stayed on top of it but guess not. It's hard to find the sales on Amazon sometimes unless I'm looking for it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']In fairness to you I think it was one of those 3-4 hour flash sales which are, indeed, easy to miss unless you hover on this thread poised to strike![/QUOTE]

It'll be back for Black Friday. Also Amalur was an 6 hour deal...it lasted from 2-8PM PST.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sonic CD - 1.24
Sonic Spinball - 1.24
Sonic 3D Blast - 1.24
Sonic Generations - 7.49

It'll be back for Black Friday. Also Amalur was an 6 hour deal...it lasted from 2-8PM PST.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome sonic deal. I'm gonna pick it up even tho I already have episode 1 on 360. Thanks!

My checkbook just cringed....

[quote name='travathian']You could have had it for 25% off before launch. I wouldn't hold my breath on a sale, or at least a good one. It isn't a monthly subscription, so a decent chunk of their income comes from the direct sale of the game. And the original GW remained at its normal price for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='breakingadam']I could have it for 25% off on GMG RIGHT NOW, but that's still not a good enough sale to go with. That's just my opinion. What can I say... I love a good cheap deal. The only game I have paid over $40 for in the last year was Diablo 3 (paid $60).... and I regret it. I'll hold off on GW2, I guess. Until it reaches 50% off or more I can't justify buying it. Not with all the other games in my backlog, and other recent games hitting low price points.[/QUOTE]

This is very true probably. I remember way back when GW 1 first came out, I was waiting for it to hit 19.99 to buy/play it. Downloaded some character builders, read up on it and waited...and waited...and waited...

In the end, I just forgot about it and skipped it which is ok with me, but if you want to play it anytime soon (like in the next year or 2 maybe?) before 1 or 2 expansions roll out, you might not have much choice.

I just remember never seeing it for sale.

That was before digital distribution of course and PC games were supposedly dieing back then...

Oh well, so much backlog and so little time. Sure we can all find something else to play (sorta like Dominions 3 is never on sale...).

As a F2P MMO that relies mostly on the sales of the base game and expansions to fund it you probably won't see too many steep sales on GW2. As noted above GW1 sales were fairly rare.

Was Mass Effect 3 mentioned as a potential deal at all? I looked through the last few pages but wasn't sure if anything was mentioned earlier.

[quote name='rybrad']Was Mass Effect 3 mentioned as a potential deal at all? I looked through the last few pages but wasn't sure if anything was mentioned earlier.[/QUOTE]

Negative ghostrider. We'll have a discount on the Mass Effect Trilogy but nothing on the individual title.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

Did you already mention any potential deals on Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls (although I know that had 50% off a couple of weeks ago). How about Risen 2? Also, price-matching aside, is there a chance we'll see different deals (on the same games) after Black Friday and into December (going up against Steam's major sale) whether they be 'a la carte' or in different bundles?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sonic CD - 1.24
Sonic Spinball - 1.24
Sonic 3D Blast - 1.24
Sonic Generations - 7.49

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony you the man! Looking forward to those a la carte sonic deals, that is boss! Keep up the good work! Thanks man.

-monkeyz

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative ghostrider. We'll have a discount on the Mass Effect Trilogy but nothing on the individual title.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info Tony.

[quote name='MysterD']Glad to see return of "Best-Sellers Of (Insert Games From Previous Year)" planned in Jan 2013. :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe the specifics haven't been announced yet, but when does the promotion start? I'm just wondering if it will be active with the Black Friday deals (like the WB bundle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back