Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']Unfortunately, I think it's Starforce. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I'd love to buy the pack.[/QUOTE]
Saw the comment below... It brings terror to my soul.

I couldn't resist buying the Dreamcast Pack.

[quote name='Shinoto']So for the Dreamcast Bundle, if only one is Steam activated, what sort of DRM do the other 4 have?[/QUOTE]
Starforce.

[quote name='Dick1']Will Dead Space 2 ever get a Steam key. When it does I'll buy it.
Looking forward too the Dead Space Bundle [he types hoping] :)[/QUOTE]

Only way you're getting Dead Space on steam is buying it there.....

@TONY
When's that crazy Sonic Action Bundle that you mentioned over here in this post going on sale for $25?
I don't see it listed on the front page!
I see tons of Sonic games listed individually, but where's the Bundle? :p

EDIT 1:
Tony, What's the DRM on Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack for $5?

EDIT 2:
I see you have Test Drive Unlimited 1 actually listed on the front page below TDU2.
Where's the PC download for that?

[quote name='imentec']
Also, can anybody tell me if Test Drive Unlimited 2 activates on steam?
[/QUOTE]
I bought TDU2 from Amazon DVG back when Tony had it on sale long ago.
Back then, it was NOT a Steam key.

[quote name='MysterD']I bought TDU2 from Amazon DVG back when Tony had it on sale long ago.
Back then, it was NOT a Steam key.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

@ Tony And it would be possible to get a steam version of TDU2?

Regards!

[quote name='MysterD']OMG @ Beyond Good and Evil is $2.49.
I got that game a long time ago on Steam - AWESOME game.[/QUOTE]

Will the amazon version activate on steam?

[quote name='Markos']Will the amazon version activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

I don't know.
It's worth asking Tony about that.

I bought BG&E directly from Steam a few years ago.

Hopefully Max Payne 3 won't be higher than $15 since that's their BF price on consoles. Also hoping there might be a deal on Dishonored. Honestly not seeing much of interest in this PCDD BF list so far, though I guess that's good for my wallet.

[quote name='asheskitty']GamersGate and GreenManGaming are the only legit international DD sites that mainstream CAGs will deal with. Both are UK based, though GG clears through Sveden. The major caveat you should know is that if you are buying with a credit card (or credit card via PayPal) your bank/credit union will ding you a fee. For my credit unions it's merely 1% of the transaction, but some people report $3 fees. Check the terms and conditions on your credit card to be sure.

Here's an example:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bud, this is very helpful. I guess I am going to find out how much they charged me on November 20th. Be it 1% or $3, it is still cheaper and that satisfies my cheap ASS!

[quote name='Zakart']Thanks Bud, this is very helpful. I guess I am going to find out how much they charged me on November 20th. Be it 1% or $3, it is still cheaper and that satisfies my cheap ASS![/QUOTE]
It's really bank dependent. None of my banks/cards hit me up for a surcharge when I use GMG, GG or GGG. I know other people get hit. You might be able to use Paypal to avoid the fees (or so Paypal tells me every time I try to use a card instead of a PP balance).

[quote name='Syntax Error']You might be able to use Paypal to avoid the fees (or so Paypal tells me every time I try to use a card instead of a PP balance).[/QUOTE]

FYI: My first time purchasing from GMG was this morning and I used my PayPal balance...no fees.

I nearly choked when I saw Gods and Kings for $7.50 but then died a little inside that the Windows version isn't on sale (anyone know if that even makes a difference on steam?)

Reading the reviews cheered me up though.

[quote name='aa.jetta']I nearly choked when I saw Gods and Kings for $7.50 but then died a little inside that the Windows version isn't on sale (anyone know if that even makes a difference on steam?)

Reading the reviews cheered me up though.[/QUOTE]

Wondering as well

CAG's

I want to get Homefront and Space Marine, but don't care about Metro, Stalker and Red Faction. Anyone can get these 3/4 games for 5 bucks, just PM me

[quote name='rasvelen']Wondering as well[/QUOTE]
Yeah does anyone know if this will activate on steam as windows and mac or just mac only?

[quote name='aa.jetta']I nearly choked when I saw Gods and Kings for $7.50 but then died a little inside that the Windows version isn't on sale (anyone know if that even makes a difference on steam?)

[quote name='grae60']Yeah does anyone know if this will activate on steam as windows and mac or just mac only?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rasvelen']Wondering as well[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Civ V is a steamworks game and it also has steamplay
platform_steamplay.png
so if you buy the game for Mac you will also get the pc version (I think)[/QUOTE]

Yup. From Steam's site:

What is Steam Play?

Steam Play allows you to purchase your games once and play anywhere. Whether you have puchased your Steam Play enabled game on a Mac or PC, you will be able to play on the other platform free of charge.

[quote name='xephyr80']X-Blades seems to still be 9.99 instead of 1.99. :(
Also wonder if it activates on steam.[/QUOTE]

You could've obtained it from Groupees Be Mine 5 for $1 and gotten more games along with it. Blades of Time is a much better game anyway, and it's also on sale. I don't believe the Amazon version of X-Blades comes with a steam key.

Last year I bought Mac version of Duke Nukem Forever from Amazon and it still works fine on PC, also the steam registry entry for G&K seems to include PC binaries, so I guess it should work, but I can't guarantee that.

[quote name='shezbot']Yup. From Steam's site:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation I think I'll get Civ V GOTY, quick question though does the goty version comes with all the dlc in it except for god and kings right?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Thanks for the confirmation I think I'll get Civ V GOTY, quick question though does the goty version comes with all the dlc in it except for god and kings right?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't contain Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC too.

Did anyone pick up Gods and Kings yet and see if it for sure works with the PC version? I know everything points to it working but I would rather hear that it worked for someone today.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Gotta be honest, I don't see anything super appealing in the OP ... . Hope more is yet to come.[/QUOTE]

i fell the same. i guess good deals will start later on( like me pack )

I bought Gods and Kings just now, it seems to be working Civ 5 is updating through steam. I'll update as soon as it finishes downloading and I test it out though.

[quote name='grae60']Yep I can confirm Gods and Kings works for me in windows.[/QUOTE]
I hear my wallet is crying. In addition, autumn and winter steam sales are coming...

[quote name='grae60']Yep I can confirm Gods and Kings works for me in windows.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, can't beat that price plus credit.

The Dreamcast Pack is awesome.

Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Sonic Adventure DX, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5. All great games. For just $5.

Jet Set is the only steam, but the others are easy enough to download/install/get working.

[quote name='The End']Wait, Amazon is selling Ghostbusters again? That got removed from every DD store except Gamersgate. How are you able to sell that again?[/QUOTE]I wish it was steam. I'd grab it in a heartbeat if it was.

...I think I may buy it anyway. I don't have a problem, nope.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, I bought it. I loved this game on Xbox.

[quote name='tjs09']Is BG&E a Steam Key? This is important to me.[/QUOTE]

If anyone does buy BG&E from Amazon, please let the rest of us know what the DRM is.

Personally, I'd prefer if it was DRM-free (or at most a serial key), but Steam works too.

[quote name='r9800pro']You forgot Getgamesgo, it is in the same league and has some awesome deals sometimes.
I got Serious Sam 3 BFE from there just one month after release for $9.99 (75% off) :lol:

As for conversion rate; I've always been charged in USD for the exact same amount these sites show. Getgamesgo also gives the option to pay in 3 currencies, USD, Euro or GBP

That Serious Sam 3 DLC is really awesome. Thank you again Tony :applause:
[/QUOTE]
You're right. GGG slipped my mind. I check them semi-regularly, and have come close but haven't yet bought anything there.

Reviews would tell you that it *is* the steam version. It seems quite a few of them bought Civ 5 on the Mac App Store (and it isn't steam).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back