Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MC Kage']Thanks for the update on the first page. some interesting deals

is Beyond Good & Evil Steam?[/QUOTE]

I believe someone said earlier that it is not.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is the game "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -4.99" still a possibility? [it's listed on the first page of deals].

As of now it does not have a PC Download option.[/QUOTE]

After all these years the game has the nasty TAGES drm, even on steam. Currently the only place where you can get it 100% drm free is on GOG, would be cool if Tony could confirm the status of the version Amazon is selling and/or work his magic for Amazon to offer a drm free version.

[quote name='Mooby']I believe someone said earlier that it is not.[/QUOTE]

Damn.

Hopefully there's a deal for BF3 Premium membership standalone too, rather than just the game.

[quote name='MC Kage']Damn.

Hopefully there's a deal for BF3 Premium membership standalone too, rather than just the game.[/QUOTE]

If you own BF3 already, buying the premium edition turns your account into premium. $30 is a pretty good deal on that.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']So just to make sure... the promo codes this time will automatically be added to a game in January instead of a physical code being sent? I've done 7 orders and got 7 emails about the promotion and they said the promo will be applied automatically. Is there anyway to see how many codes we have accumulated?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yangwenli']Did Tony say when the list of Editor's choice will be out? I suppose even if we knew, it'll be hard to know if the price - $5 would be better than what's the price now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if the two of you were around for last January's promo, but the $5 was only applicable once per game. So a $10 game could only be knocked down to $5 no stacking. So if you have multiple $5 codes, you'd need to find multiple games to use them on.

Also the prices stayed pretty much the same as there had been before January on sale. We also weren't given any idea what they planned to offer us and some games were added and removed during January so it's all pretty much a gamble.

Still a great deal to get $5 any way you look at it. So far I've bought Sonic CD. I doubt that will be part of the editors choice so I splurged now. Most likely any game that was a high seller for the year will be part of the January promo. So expect a lot of EA, Ubisoft, and Sega games. Just about any big publisher's top titles.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Can anyone FOR SURE confirm that Velvet Assassin redeems on steam?[/QUOTE]

It does.....BUT from what I remember from the last amazon sale it doesn't come with a key it's drm free

Gods & Kings for $7.49 is a great deal, but it's the Mac version. However, it's also apparently Steamplay. Does that mean I can buy the Mac version on Amazon, activate it on Steam, and play it on PC?

[quote name='bVork']Gods & Kings for $7.49 is a great deal, but it's the Mac version. However, it's also apparently Steamplay. Does that mean I can buy the Mac version on Amazon, activate it on Steam, and play it on PC?[/QUOTE]

Sure can, when you activate the code it will show up as Mac edition but if you look at your downloadable content for Civ 5, it will show up for the PC version. Haven't tried playing it yet though but it should show up in game.

[quote name='bVork']Gods & Kings for $7.49 is a great deal, but it's the Mac version. However, it's also apparently Steamplay. Does that mean I can buy the Mac version on Amazon, activate it on Steam, and play it on PC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah an answer to this would be great

Between all of the Black Friday & Winter sales on Amazon, Steam, & GMG I won't have anything left to buy in January with all of these $5 coupon credits I'm picking up now! :whee:

[quote name='Mooby']The answer is yes. That's what Steamplay means: you have access to both versions.[/QUOTE]

That's the idea. Only thing that threw me off was looking at the product page, it shows that its coming from Aspyer rather than from 2K. Perhaps then worked on the Mac version? Took the plunge and it activated fine.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It does.....BUT from what I remember from the last amazon sale it doesn't come with a key it's drm free[/QUOTE]

Ok so it does but it doesn't...

Nobody here knows? Really?

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Ok so it does but it doesn't...

Nobody here knows? Really?[/QUOTE]

The copy I bought in one of their previous sales is DRM-free. This may have changed, but I highly doubt it since Velvet Assassin has been on Steam for a while, and was at the time I purchased it from them. That leads me to think that their copy is DRM-free, no Steam key. If someone finds something that contradicts this, let me know so I can hassle Amazon for a Steam key. =P

I got all excited when I saw the Call of Duties on the list, until I saw they were all Mac versions :(

Civ V: Gods and Kings is currently showing as unavailable for me - anyone having that problem?

[quote name='Mooby']People need to stop worrying about the codes for now. I'm sure it'll get settled eventually. I don't foresee anyone buying 20+ games in January to use said codes on so, in the end, I'm sure everyone will have enough with their various November/December purchases.[/QUOTE]

^ This. The likely result is that you'll own 90% of what's on their list in January anyway, that and the codes specifically say it's one use per purchase (kinda forced by how you can't buy multiple games digitally at the same time anyway). I'm sure a month and a half is enough time to get the codes sorted out that you might end up using once or twice anyway, oh and I'll also add the following hoping to cut down on yet more pages of the same post, (this thread is getting ridiculously long in the tooth every day):

1. Purchasing Gods & Kings (Civ V) for Mac does in fact unlock the Windows version as well in Steam.

2. The version of Velvet Assassin that Amazon is currently selling has not received Steam codes, and there has never been an announcement saying that they would.

3. Tony has stated that the sale list is incomplete and he is still adding to it, so just wait and stop asking about previously mentioned bundles. He has been really open about the process, and it's even likely that some bundles could get pushed back for a sale in the future (like Christmas). I get it if something pops up on sale and you want confirmation of whether to expect it on sale at Amazon in the near future, but even he many times has stated "If you think it's a good deal, then get it".

I hope this thread can stop being 10 pages longer every day now.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's really bank dependent. None of my banks/cards hit me up for a surcharge when I use GMG, GG or GGG. I know other people get hit. You might be able to use Paypal to avoid the fees (or so Paypal tells me every time I try to use a card instead of a PP balance).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']FYI: My first time purchasing from GMG was this morning and I used my PayPal balance...no fees.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, your input is much appreciated guys.

[quote name='DWulf']I got all excited when I saw the Call of Duties on the list, until I saw they were all Mac versions :(

Civ V: Gods and Kings is currently showing as unavailable for me - anyone having that problem?[/QUOTE]

Says unavailable for everyone. The PC version is still priced as normal, so they might be converting it over to have that one on sale as well, to stop the constant questions about the mac version.

MAC ($7.49) Unavailable
http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Ci...qid=1353292087&sr=1-3&keywords=gods+and+kings

Windows Vista/7/XP ($29.99) Available Now
http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Ci...qid=1353292202&sr=1-1&keywords=gods+and+kings

[quote name='ochentay4']
For me:
Metro 2033: 10/10 game. Linear.
STALKER Series: 7/10. Open world, really buggy.[/QUOTE]

STALKER Vanilla maybe. With mods and patches the game is AWESOME. It needs a proper sequel, with MP option

Agree with Metro 2033, is a masterpiece. Hope Last Light expands the possibilities

BTW, what about the Jagged Alliance 2 version from Amazon. Already have Unfinished business on GoG... but want to replay the main game one more time. It works on Windows 7 64, or should just wait for the Steam version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Hitman Absolution : Professional Edition for USD 29.95 from GMG.

"Rate of Exchange: If this transaction involves a currency conversion, there will be an exchange rate shown above. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal."

There IS no exchange rate shown above (on the receipt), so I can safely assume that there wasn't any conversion charges.

HA:pE for 30 bucks, my Cheap ASS is proud of me.

Sorry Jeff, I still love you.

[quote name='r9800pro']It IS US/NA only. There is a way to activate it in other regions but I would NOT recommend that[/QUOTE]

Suppose you activate Inversion via a US IP, can you play it outside the US after that?

Got a 5$ credit for NFS: Most Wanted from buying NFS: The Run a few weeks back. Will I be able to use the credit on the $19.99 Most Wanted deal on the 23rd?

How do we know which games come with a steam key? I am interested in a bunch of games but only if they come with a steam key. Should I assume if it's not listed in the Amazon page as requiring steam then it will not come with a steam key? Thanks!

curious if the kingdoms is going to be able to be activated on steam and still checking to see if amazon will be doing any type of vita and 3ds game deals like they are for the ps3 and xbox 360 ?

[quote name='unknown0']How do we know which games come with a steam key? I am interested in a bunch of games but only if they come with a steam key. Should I assume if it's not listed in the Amazon page as requiring steam then it will not come with a steam key? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I second this.

[quote name='Genocidal']GreenManGaming.com has Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition Pre-Order (PC Digital Download) for $44.99 - 35% off voucher code GMG35-FGR37-COY0B = $29.25.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/hitman-absolution-professional-edition-na/

My first frontpage deal on Slickdeals :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your first front page deal.

If you want another easy one, next time the TV Series Firefly goes on sale somewhere (even if it's only $0.05 off) post the deal. One of the mods responsible for promoting deals to the front page as a real boner for that show. Can't understand why. But anytime the DVD or Blu-ray series set "deal" gets posted, there is a 1000% chance that it'll hit the front page.

[quote name='squishface']curious if the kingdoms is going to be able to be activated on steam and still checking to see if amazon will be doing any type of vita and 3ds game deals like they are for the ps3 and xbox 360 ?[/QUOTE]

If by Kingdoms you mean Kingdoms of Amalur, the only way you can get that on steam is to buy it through the steam store. Every other version activates on Origin.

[quote name='PCgamerz']Does Inversion key still region lock? I'm really interested in this[/QUOTE]

That's the word on the street.

[quote name='The End']Congrats on your first front page deal.

If you want another easy one, next time the TV Series Firefly goes on sale somewhere (even if it's only $0.05 off) post the deal. One of the mods responsible for promoting deals to the front page as a real boner for that show. Can't understand why. But anytime the DVD or Blu-ray series set "deal" gets posted there is a 1000% chance that it'll hit the front page.

If by Kingdoms you mean Kingdoms of Amalur, the only way you can get that on steam is to buy it through the steam store. Every other version activates on Origin.

That's the word on the street.[/QUOTE]

I love this.

Dammit!

Will there be more Civ 5 gods and kings codes? Ugh...It hit slickdeals and looks like you guys are out. Was gonna get back in to civ 5 tonight..

Q_Q

[quote name='kaydigi']Can Anyone confirm that Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive work on Windows 7?[/QUOTE] They're all Mac versions.

[quote name='pantsattack']Any help with Dawn of War 2 dlc recommendations?[/QUOTE]
Just get them in the order they were released.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Can anyone FOR SURE confirm that Velvet Assassin redeems on steam?[/QUOTE]

I have Velvet Assassin from Amazon DVG.
There's no serial key at all.
It's DRM-FREE.

[quote name='voldak']I've never played a Serious Sam game, but they look pretty awesome. Which one/ones of these should I pick up?[/QUOTE]

SS3 is a good one. Modern graphics, old school 'destroy everything that moves' gameplay. Can't go wrong with that one.

Too bad the pirated 'pink invincible scorpion' doesn't show up in legit versions :lol:

[quote name='juanjava']STALKER Vanilla maybe. With mods and patches the game is AWESOME. It needs a proper sequel, with MP option[/QUOTE]
Keep your eyes on Suvarium then.

[quote name='Satoru']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought BO was going to show up on the Amazon deals?[/QUOTE]

I could be mistaken but I don't think Tony has revealed all the deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back