Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
max payne 3 complete for $20? ily tone

all i really wanted was max payne and dark souls and you came through

i promise i won't rage in 6 months when they're in an amazon bundle together for 29 cents

[quote name='Satoru']:( Why is G&K only 33% off now!!!!!! :(((((([/QUOTE]
Tony said he will get more keys in today...so hopefully we can get the 7.49 deal still.

[quote name='FrankTheTank3388']In case any one is wondering, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic registers on Steam with the CD Key they give you.[/QUOTE]
At Retail, YES.
I have the CE Retail Box, actually.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic was one of the weird ones at Retail - here's why.

The SP from Retail didn't require Steam (you could use the disc-check), but you could also activate the SP portion on Steam, if you chose to.
It's up to you if you bought it from Retail, for some reason.

The MP absolutely does require Steam PERIOD.
BTW - does anyone play Dark Messiah's MP anymore? :whistle2:X

I have no idea if Dark Messiah of Might & Magic actually got a DRM-FREE release anywhere, though.
If it did get DRM-FREE, it's probably be for the SP portion, I'd guess.
MP portion uses Steamworks period...unless they re-released it and tossed in some other middleware (like GameSpy), added LAN support, or something.

[quote name='Mooby']Hmmm, will there be (or is there) a Borderlands 2 4 pack that might yield a better individual price lower than $30?[/QUOTE]

Negative.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Tony, have we seen all the Paradox deals? I'm surprised EU3 has no discount at all...[/QUOTE]

Also negative, what I posted was just a sample. EUIII will be $7.49 on its own.

Cheers,
Tony

Quoting this so (hopefully) we don't get another million questions on "will this activate on steam?".

Also, if it's not on this list, it's not steam activatable.

[quote name='Darrith']Newly updated. List of sale games which activate on STEAM. Posted at NeoGAF, credit to Xelios.

-------------------------------------------------------

100% confirmed Steam keys according to Amazon pages -- WORK IN PROGRESS. [highlight]Civilization Mac codes give you the Windows version as well -- CONFIRMED.[/highlight] If a game is MAC and activates on Steam you will get the Windows version as well in almost all cases. Thanks to Isaccard for the early heads up on the links so I could get started.

Starting 11/16 until ???:

Starting 11/18 - 11/25:

Payday: The Heist series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Serious Sam Series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Starting 11/18-11/24:

Starting 11/18-11/25:

Starting 11/18-11/26:

Starting 11/19-11/20:

11/23:

11/23-11/26:

11/23-11/25:

• Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:
    • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
    • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
    • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
    • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
    • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
    • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
    • Majesty 2 Collection
    • Majesty Gold - HD
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane

11/24-11/25:

11/26:

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pantsattack']The Bioshocks dual packs can't be one cent less than the single games, right? $7.49 for the pack like the past deals?[/QUOTE]

Can and are.

Cheers,
Tony

Let's see... of the sales there...

X-COM: retail multiplat will be $25.
Civ 5: Combo Pack is... basically what Civ 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings currently costs? cool that Korea and Wonders are both on sale though, with them i can round out the DLC after i get G&K. just weird. not as weird as G&K getting such a drastic mark up though. man, had i known it was going to be this way i would've jumped on it last night.
Bioshock: ....Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?
Max Payne 3: ....game + season pass, $20. game alone, $30. season pass alone, $15. ......what?

this isn't quite making sense.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative.
[/QUOTE]

Ah well. Appreciate the response. I'll probably hold out a little longer. It's still relatively new and sells well so I guess I didn't really expect any crazy discounts.

[quote name='Estbarul']
Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle – Contains MP3+Season Pass
$19.99

MAX PAYNE 3
$30.00

MAX PAYNE 3 SEASON PASS
$15.00

[/QUOTE]
Okay, am I reading this right?
Why is Max Payne 3 [base game alone for $30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [base game + Season Pass DLC for $20]?
{eyebrow raised}

[quote name='The End']Wait, Amazon is selling Ghostbusters again? That got removed from every DD store except Gamersgate. How are you able to sell that again?[/QUOTE]

I know that this doesn't have a lot of baring in the current deals, but I am a little bit curious as to how Ghostbusters ended up back in the store.

[quote name='The End']I know that this doesn't have a lot of baring in the current deals, but I am a little bit curious as to how Ghostbusters ended up back in the store.[/QUOTE]
Was there anything wrong with ghostbusters before hand?

[quote name='DarkZero104']Let's see... of the sales there...

Civ 5: Combo Pack is... basically what Civ 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings currently costs? cool that Korea and Wonders are both on sale though, with them i can round out the DLC after i get G&K. just weird. not as weird as G&K getting such a drastic mark up though. man, had i known it was going to be this way i would've jumped on it last night.
Bioshock: ....Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?
Max Payne 3: ....game + season pass, $20. game alone, $30. season pass alone, $15. ......what?

this isn't quite making sense.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Ah well. Appreciate the response. I'll probably hold out a little longer. It's still relatively new and sells well so I guess I didn't really expect any crazy discounts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, am I reading this right?
Why is Max Payne 3 (base game alone) [$30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [$20]?
{eyebrow raised}[/QUOTE]

Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

As for Civ V Gods and Kings, remember, the current $7.49 price point is for the Mac version, which was ported by ASPYR, the fact that it is Steamplay is a coincidence.

EDIT: The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony

...Ah. Man, talk about a lucky break for us then. >_>; Assuming that more keys get brought in anyway. At the pace this goes there may be more sales for the expansion than there are of the game on that system.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Let's see... of the sales there...

this isn't quite making sense.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, where does it say X-COM is $25? little direction please

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
EDIT: The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Completely understand from your point of view and dealing with publishers. I'm also a bad test case/example because I have extremely picky/eclectic tastes in games coupled with the patience of Job in terms of getting things at a given price point. That said I can certainly recognize something like the Sega bundle for $20 is a great price it's just that as I'm only interested in Hell Yeah and Viking it just isn't worth it to me. I could try to sell off individual game keys I don't want but usually there's quite a few floating around during the holidays (from others who have bought the pack) and it ends up being more hassle than its worth.

But again, objectively speaking pretty much all of the deals/packs you've posted are crazy good prices.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Now correct me if I'm wrong here but uhhh... Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 vs. Bioshock 1 and 2 individually costing $5. ...unless how i define "dual pack" is mistaken and it's not either A) 2 copies of the game or B) both games (i'm assuming it's B) then... what?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can and are.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Okay, am I reading this right?
Why is Max Payne 3 [base game alone for $30] WAY MORE than the Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle [base game + Season Pass DLC for $20]?
{eyebrow raised}[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the logic+window side of capitalism.
kapitalism.jpg

[quote name='Zmaj']Is this pack (as found in this post) still going for sale on Friday?

• [FONT=&quot]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur II[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]
I didn't see it in the OP, that's why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this myself.

[quote name='FrankTheTank3388']In case any one is wondering, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic registers on Steam with the CD Key they give you.[/QUOTE]

Just bought Dark Messiah Might & Magic and I can confirm that when activated on steam, it comes with single player.

[quote name='Skram']So just want to make sure I'm not dumb or dumb or whatever it is. So is the Sega Action Pack all just activated on Steam? I will buy it in a heartbeat if so.[/QUOTE]
All except for Condemned Criminal Origins.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Are you sure?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah Tony I can confirm and I see two others that Dark Messiah Might & Magic redeems on Steam as Dark Messiah Multiplayer Comp. Very cool, haha :applause:. Thought I'd put this out there for everyone as well, 3 random people on the internet, I know isn't a huge sampling but should give some folks confidence if they are looking for Steam games.

[quote name='sandycuz']Just bought Dark Messiah Might & Magic and I can confirm that when activated on steam, it comes with single player.
[/QUOTE]

Yup confirmed.

[quote name='voken']https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Dark Messiah retail keys redeem on Steam according to Valve's own Retail Key page[/QUOTE]

Very good observation hahah I totally didn't even think to check that because that list has been fairly outdated but thanks for listing the source!

-monkeyz

[quote name='monkeyz']Yeah Tony I can confirm and I see two others that Dark Messiah Might & Magic redeems on Steam as Dark Messiah Multiplayer Comp. Very cool, haha :applause:. Thought I'd put this out there for everyone as well, 3 random people on the internet, I know isn't a huge sampling but should give some folks confidence if they are looking for Steam games.

Yup confirmed.

-monkeyz[/QUOTE]

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Dark Messiah retail keys redeem on Steam according to Valve's own Retail Key page

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

As for Civ V Gods and Kings, remember, the current $7.49 price point is for the Mac version, which was ported by ASPYR, the fact that it is Steamplay is a coincidence.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So any chances for more G&K keys for my "Mac" :cool:

[quote name='Katiklysm']Sorry to be late to the party- I don't see this in the OP though...

What time of day do these offers go live? ie. for the 11/23 offers- will the price change occur at 12am EST, 12am PST? Other?

Since I'm hearing keys sold out for some other deals- I want to be sure to get on when they go live to avoid that. (I'm looking at you, Dark Souls)[/QUOTE]

Anyone know when prices will be updated for the bigger deals? midnight? what timezone?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The thing is - you'll BARELY sell a copy of Max Payne 3 (base game) for $30...unless someone accidentally bought the base game (instead of the bundle); OR didn't notice the much-better priced Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20.
Just about everybody in their right mind is going to buy the Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle for $20!
Even having Max Payne 3 (base game) or Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20 makes more sense to me. Some people might be only buying the game just for the SP, since all the Season Pass stuff has so far only been MP-based.

could i interest anyone in a hitman sniper challenge key in exchange for a sonic 4 ep1 or ep2 key?

let me know in pm, logging for now

edit: done

I grabbed the 4th Sega Genesis Classics pack for $1.87 because it has the Shining Force games in it, which I always wanted to try. Huge fan of TRPGs but didn't get into them until Final Fantasy Tactics.

[quote name='phogoodness']any opinions on the 50 sega classics for $5? do these work on win7? need a controller? steam?[/QUOTE]
The comments on the individual packs suggest that a gamepad is best but not required and they do not require/do not activate on Steam. And reports say they work on 7.

[quote name='phogoodness']any opinions on the 50 sega classics for $5? do these work on win7? need a controller? steam?[/QUOTE]
Works on Win 7.

DRM-FREE, not Steam.

On another note - I already owned one Sega Genesis Classic game that comes w/ the program (emulator) that houses these games on Steam (Virtua Fighter 2: Genesis Version) already, since some gifted it to me. Steam treats each game as DLC, actually - look on DLC Section, if you do already own a Sega Genesis Classic on Steam. Accidentally, I did install these Amazon DVG DRM-FREE games into the Steam folder and it worked - so I installed the rest in there, as well! :whistle2:x

You're playing many CONSOLE-style games - yes, I'd use a controller for many of these games; especially the action-esque ones. Think like Streets of Rage series, Shinobi series, and Eternal Champions. Yup, recognizes X360 controller in the Sega Genesis Classics Program (emulator) that houses all these games, as well.

Thinking of turn-based RPG games more like Shining Force series or Phantasy Star series - you might get away w/ KB/mouse. I didn't try it, though - since I'm used to those games w/ a controller, back from my Genesis console-gaming days. I'm used to my X360 controller.

There are some terrific games in the bundle, especially if you've played a few of them and a bit of nostalgia kicks in. Most of them hold up pretty well and there are a few true gems. They do work on Win 7, you don't need a controller but it helps, and they do not activate on Steam.

This bundle is actually better than the one on Steam because those force you to buy each Sonic game separately from the packs.

[quote name='MysterD']The thing is - you'll BARELY sell a copy of Max Payne 3 (base game) for $30...unless someone accidentally bought the base game (instead of the bundle); OR didn't notice the much-better priced Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20.
Just about everybody in their right mind is going to buy the Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle for $20!
Even having Max Payne 3 (base game) or Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20 makes more sense to me. Some people might be only buying the game just for the SP, since all the Season Pass stuff has so far only been MP-based.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the point of it. You drive up the sales of the bundle by channeling as many sales into it as you can. So even the people who just want the base game will choose the cheaper bundle. People who only want the season pass may still just choose the bundle to sell off the base game. End game is to have your bundle sales through the roof.

[quote name='MysterD']On another note - I already owned one Sega Genesis Classic game that comes w/ the program (emulator) that houses these games on Steam (Virtua Fighter 2: Genesis Version) already, since some gifted it to me. Steam treats each game as DLC, actually - look on DLC Section, if you do already own a Sega Genesis Classic on Steam. Accidentally, I did install these Amazon DVG DRM-FREE games into the Steam folder and it worked - so I installed the rest in there, as well! :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

So I think this is what you're saying, but let me clarify: I can buy one game off Steam, then buy the pack off of Amazon, drop the files from the Amazon version into Steam and it will work with the Steam emulator/front end?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think that's the point of it. You drive up the sales of the bundle by channeling as many sales into it as you can. So even the people who just want the base game will choose the cheaper bundle. People who only want the season pass may still just choose the bundle to sell off the base game. End game is to have your bundle sales through the roof.[/QUOTE]
All good points.

One scenarion, though - what happens when they run out of keys for MP3 Season Pass or the entire MP3 Bundle? ;)
Then it's just Max Payne 3 base game for $30.

[quote name='hal']There are some terrific games in the bundle, especially if you've played a few of them and a bit of nostalgia kicks in. Most of them hold up pretty well and there are a few true gems. They do work on Win 7, you don't need a controller but it helps, and they do not activate on Steam.

This bundle is actually better than the one on Steam because those force you to buy each Sonic game separately from the packs.[/QUOTE]

I never owned a Sega console growing up, would anyone recommend getting this bundle if I never played any of the games before. Also, since we on the subject of sega classic games which Sonic games should I get, I have yet to play a single one.

[quote name='Genocidal']So I think this is what you're saying, but let me clarify: I can buy one game off Steam, then buy the pack off of Amazon, drop the files from the Amazon version into Steam and it will work with the Steam emulator/front end?[/QUOTE]

Right!

If you install a Steam Genesis Classics Game first that you bought through Steam directly or got gifted to you directly from Steam - when you do the Amazon DVG Version installs of this, it actually LOOKS for where you first installed the Emulator (when you installed the Steam version) -- it'll automatically want to install your Genesis Classics Games where you have the Steam version located!

{Since Amazon DVG's version is DRM-FREE - you can always tell it to install elsewhere away from Steam, as well; I have them set both in my Steam path; and my regular Amazon DVG install path [Non-Steam].
This stuff is old and DOES NOT take up much HDD space, BTW - around 102 MB.}

Keep in mind - you'll still have to download the Genesis packs from Amazon DVG (which by default download onto your Desktop); and then run each of the 5 installers to install all 50 games.

So if you launch the emulator through steam, you can play any & all of the other games besides Virtua Fighter 2 (which you already had)?

[quote name='voken']Sorry Tony for repeating the question but haven't got an answer to my question and was wondering

Any way you can talk to Enlight and get "The Enlightened Entertainment Package " back on sale for Black Friday?
http://www.amazon.com/The-Enlightened-Entertainment-Package-Download/dp/B008Y3KMKS

Been looking back for this one since I missed the sale last time Amazon had it.

Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

This is 19.99 now so I assume this bundle is now back?

[quote name='yangwenli']This is 19.99 now so I assume this bundle is now back?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, this was offered for $9.99 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back