Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LazyTriangle']

I never owned a Sega console growing up, would anyone recommend getting this bundle if I never played any of the games before. Also, since we on the subject of sega classic games which Sonic games should I get, I have yet to play a single one.
[/QUOTE]

When I was a kid, I loved Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4; Revenge of Shinobi; and Streets of Rage 2.
I didn't own Phantasy Star 3 - my friend let me borrow it; never finished it, but really dug it. Glad to have that now, thanks to Tony's sale.
I liked ESWAT - ain't played that in YEARS.
I do like Shinobi 3, as well - since I had rented that. Never owned it, til this bundle. Will have to give it more time, to see if I like it as much as Revenge of Shinobi.

I played Street of Rage 3 yesterday for a bit. I loved Streets 2 - and Streets 3 seems like more old-school awesomeness.

Columns is very similar to Tetris. Played the hell out of that game, when I was young.

Eternal Champions was a cool fighting game, for its time.

I rented Ecco The Dolphin, when I was younger. Never really was sure what to make of it, back then - felt quite different compared to most games, back then. Now, I guess I'll be able to fully make heads and tails of it....I hope.

I know this is a little off topic, but I just can't bring myself to purchase old console games that run essentially off of a console emulator when they're are better emulators that do the same thing (much better imo and have WAY more options) Also something else a little off topic. Has the text like changed when you go to make a reply. I dont remember it looking like this at all ^^

[quote name='elessar123']I haven't missed the Paradox Majesty bundle, have I?[/QUOTE]

Nope, those happen closer to BF.

[quote name='Satoru']*sigh* i guess the G*K deal is dead :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I hope you are wrong...... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just waiting on keys. Hoping for tomorrow AM.

[quote name='phogoodness']any opinions on the 50 sega classics for $5? do these work on win7? need a controller? steam?[/QUOTE]

I own all of these and they run just fine. It's great that you can also create a save-state in all the games, so perfect for Kid Chameleon.

Also, a note about Shining Force (and maybe the other RPGs in the pack):

Regarding Shining Force You can perform an in-game "save" like you would in the original Genesis version, then the game will ask you if you want to end your session (or something like that - the Genesis/MD version of the game does this, too). I got stuck and was unable to "load" my game session from the client as it would always return me to the "bye-bye" screen (again, sorry, I honestly can't remember what the screen says). Anyway, just "reset" the game via the client and you will reload the game as normal. From the game's menu you can reload your save game (the save will still remain there as long as you did an in-game save, so no worries).

Ugh, I am explaining this really weirdly, but you'll probably understand once you get there (it's been a while since I've played the games in this pack). This is NOT a bug with the client or the game itself! This is just an unfortunate instance of the original game allowing you to end up in some sort of cute, intentional limbo screen should you choose it after you do an in-game save. You had to tap the Reset button in the original Genesis/MD version to get back to the main menu, so here you just have to do it via the client. Figured I'd mention it just in case someone thought their game was frakked or something.

If I sound like a madman (more than usual), let me know and I'll reinstall the pack and write things properly.

Anyway, totally worth the $5!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Heads up just shifted Inversion on 11/26 to $7.49 from $4.99, this was a typo on my part.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

=(

[quote name='xanchui']=([/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Was gonna buy it at $4.99. I think I'll have to pass at $7.50. I'm sure it will go on sale again and I'm not really likely to get around to it right away anyway.

Hm...None of the games interest me :( Was going to get MW but it turned out I already had it but missing MW 2+3. The Saga Collection seems nice tho, I might get it but I'm not too much a fan of games that run in a emulator like state.
Will be looking forward to the Plentiful Paradox and ME* packages tho on the 23rd.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Is there anyone that is interested in the Max Payne 3 season pass that already has the game? I'm just interested in the game, maybe we can split the cost of it (obviously I'd pay more since the game cost more)[/QUOTE]

PM'd you on this :D

and once again AmazonPCDD is going to rape my wallet!

A ton of awesome deals coming up, more games to add to my ever growing backlog

Thanks for the deals!

Also thanks to the folks who recommended SR3, game is a ton of fun best 10 bucks i may have ever spent!

[quote name='Fresh8142']

Also thanks to the folks who recommended SR3, game is a ton of fun best 10 bucks i may have ever spent![/QUOTE]

I envy ever single person who is playing that game for the first time.

It's definitely one of the best games of this generation.

I didn't really want Gods & Kings because realistically I lose so much time just in a single game of Civ and getting hooked on it again would ruin me but now that it's sold out I WANT IT SO BAD.

[quote name='TheKbob']I envy ever single person who is playing that game for the first time.

It's definitely one of the best games of this generation.[/QUOTE]

To think I was actually afraid to buy it for 10 bucks because of how terrible a port SR2 was for the PC. It is filling the gap nicely while I wait for GTA5

Am I the only one really underwhelmed by this whole sale? The best deal was 25% off Hotline Miami the other day and gamefly had it $1.50 cheaper the next day.

Ah well, guess there's always the steam sale.

Any one know if the battlefield dlc will go on sale on it's own? I see the premium edition will but what about just premium?

[quote name='chocobot']Any one know if the battlefield dlc will go on sale on it's own? I see the premium edition will but what about just premium?[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy premium edition? It'll just make your BF3 account premium and give you the DLC.

Also, It's going to be $24 at GameFly.com

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Am I the only one really underwhelmed by this whole sale? The best deal was 25% off Hotline Miami the other day and gamefly had it $1.50 cheaper the next day.

Ah well, guess there's always the steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Tony hasn't divulged all the deals yet.

[quote name='sunasun']Tony any chance this could be a Steam key?

or this?
[/QUOTE]
Any word on whether we can get Steam keys for these?

[quote name='ParticleReality']Why not just buy premium edition? It'll just make your BF3 account premium and give you the DLC.

Also, It's going to be $24 at GameFly.com[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, I thought it would make you create a new account or something.

Has Tony revelead any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads ocming up in January which the 5$ promotional credit can be used on?

[quote name='TheKbob']I envy ever single person who is playing that game for the first time.

It's definitely one of the best games of this generation.[/QUOTE]

It is a ridiculous amount of fun. Now, if only I could stop the crashing to black screen issue that has hit me the two times I've played the game (6 hours so far).

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Wait where?[/QUOTE]
amazon
Special Offers and Product Promotions

• Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

on the middle of this page. http://www.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Ci...CA9XB2?tag=cheapassgam08-20#productPromotions

[quote name='sunasun']Gods and kings for 2.49. Wow, fucking insane deal. Goodbye hygiene, hello Zulu nation.[/QUOTE]

lol, wut? Getting a limited use $5 credit does NOT lower the price down to $2.50

[quote name='Zmaj']Is this pack (as found in this post) still going for sale on Friday?

• [FONT=&quot]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur II[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]
I didn't see it in the OP, that's why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

Let me try again :)

Is this confirmed or not?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Was Indigo Prophecy ever on Steam or in a bundle? Have the boxed version, but wanting the digital.[/QUOTE]

It was on Steam once upon a time but they took it down a few years back. I was able to grab a copy. :)

I believe GOG has it though if you're good with GOG.

[quote name='Zmaj']Let me try again :)

Is this confirmed or not?[/QUOTE]

Given that he hasn't specifically gone back on his earlier statement, I would say there is a much greater likelihood that it will be exactly as he previously said than not.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also,

We got the $5 coupon promo approved again :). It'll start around Black Friday. For those of you who don't remember it, MysterD loved it and can probably describe it for you.

Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:

• [FONT=&quot]Victoria Franchise[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Hearts of Iron III Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur Collection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]King Arthur II[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Achtung Panzer 1943[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Gettysburg Armored Warfare[/FONT]
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='totalanonymity']Now, if only I could stop the crashing to black screen issue that has hit me the two times I've played the game (6 hours so far).[/QUOTE] is your graphics card nvidia? I had a problem with the newest releases where the dx11 version would black screen and crash on start up. I rolled back 2 releases, I don't remember the number cause I'm on mobile but check the steam forums and nvidia forums for more info.

[quote name='Umair56']It was on Steam once upon a time but they took it down a few years back. I was able to grab a copy. :)

I believe GOG has it though if you're good with GOG.[/QUOTE]

I knew I had seen the uncut Fahrenheit version somewhere. Thanks for that. I think I might just wait Indigo Prophecy out and hope for a 60% off sale on the GOG version.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Holy Moly!
Thats alot of 5$ credits!
Question is, what are will the editor's choices be.[/QUOTE]

Well, the first choices last year weren't that great and I thought that it was pretty much over with, but then Amazon kept expanding them throughout the month until I had gone through, I think it was, six to seven promo codes. I expect this next January Promo to be better than the last. I do wish it was code based like it was previously though, it meant that you could give someone your code if you couldn't use it for anything. Much nicer that way.

X-Com sale is pretty weak and Max Payne 3 is a few more bucks than I'd like to pay but I might still bite on that one. What is up with those games not getting better deals than their console counterparts (not just Amazon but across the board)? Hopefully Steam has my back with X-Com.

I too am looking for some info on that zesty Victoria and HoI3 bundle.

Tony,

It's been asked before, but for KoA:R, can Amazon also include the Weapons and Armor DLC as a seperate ala carte deal ? (I have the base game and the other 2 DLCs already).
It's currently only available via Origin for $5 (iirc)
Hoping for $2.49 from Amazon BF deals on this.

[quote name='Eoma']Tony,

It's been asked before, but for KoA:R, can Amazon also include the Weapons and Armor DLC as a seperate ala carte deal ? (I have the base game and the other 2 DLCs already).
It's currently only available via Origin for $5 (iirc)
Hoping for $2.49 from Amazon BF deals on this.[/QUOTE]

This was asked before when KoA was a flash Friday Deal. Amazon doesn't carry the Weapon/Armor DLC, so it is my understanding that they have no plans to put it on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back