Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eoma']Hi Tony,

Not sure if it's already rectified, but the $5 credit promo email shows this:

"Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2013 and good through 1/31/2012"[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got an email on that earlier today and fixed :). Thanks man!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
Agricultural Simulator 2011 Gold still shows as unavailable :(

Any chance for a restock?[/QUOTE]

Working on it :)

Also, thanks for being so helpful in pointing out stuff guys, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I hate to be one to add to the mass of questions for Tony, but...

Borderlands 2 Season Pass and/or DLC sales...?[/QUOTE]

Last time I'll ask, I swear. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I got an email on that earlier today and fixed :). Thanks man!

Working on it :)

Also, thanks for being so helpful in pointing out stuff guys, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Just picked up Gods and Kings. Thanks, Tony!!!!
promo email still has this
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Promotion details: [/SIZE][/FONT]
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2012 and good through 1/31/2012.

Tony,

In reference to the Paradise Majesty Franchise Pack:

1) Will any of the individual pieces be festively priced, or is the bundle the only way to get a deal? (Majesty, Majesty 2, and Warlock are available in other Paradox packs, and a fair number of CAGs probably already own them as a result.)

2) Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic and Warlock: Power of the Serpent are both DLCs, but are priced as high or higher than the base games themselves! I guess this could be intentional, to make the upcoming bundle look even better... or the hamsters could have stepped on a couple wrong buttons by mistake when creating the pages. Can you take a look?

3) Speaking of the bundle... is it on the Black Friday calendar, or some other future date? Your post didn't have dates.

4) In checking the links for this post, I noticed that the bundle has gotten smaller! The page says there are "13 Game Downloads", but only 10 items are listed. The Warlock base game is missing, and I think a couple DLCs have gone milk-carton as well.

Thanks, man! :D

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Tony,

4) In checking the links for this post, I noticed that the bundle has gotten smaller! The page says there are "13 Game Downloads", but only 10 items are listed. The Warlock base game is missing, and I think a couple DLCs have gone milk-carton as well.
[/QUOTE]

Press the "show more" link.

1) Will any of the individual pieces be festively priced, or is the bundle the only way to get a deal? (Majesty, Majesty 2, and Warlock are available in other Paradox packs, and a fair number of CAGs probably already own them as a result.)
[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to wait until Steam drops them to 66-75% off and hope Amazon matches. If not, won't buy 'em from Amazon.

Is there a a specific time for the 11/23 Game sales? Seeing the sales at a lot of places but no specific time =/ Mainly I'm referring to the game packages deals.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Press the "show more" link.[/QUOTE]

I shoulda taken a screenshot, because the link wasn't there. Maybe it was on break or something. Anyway, looks like we're down to 3 questions. :lol:

1. Will any of the individual pieces be festively priced, or is the bundle the only way to get a deal? (Majesty, Majesty 2, and Warlock are available in other Paradox packs, and a fair number of CAGs probably already own them as a result.)
  2. Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic and Warlock: Power of the Serpent are both DLCs, but are priced as high or higher than the base games themselves! I guess this could be intentional, to make the upcoming bundle look even better... or the hamsters could have stepped on a couple wrong buttons by mistake when creating the pages. Can you take a look?
Thanks, man! :D[/QUOTE]

I was just coming to post these same questions about the Majesty bundle. Thanks for doing a better job. :lol:

EDIT: He did answer the dates above. Friday to Sunday.
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAHSFAK - $9.99 11/23-11/26
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aus_nacht']Tony,

I'd like to know too i.e. Borderlands 2 Season Pass or DLC sale.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the lack of reply here, negative on BL2 DLC promotions right now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='oscargrouch']I hope Tony gets a chance to modify the OP. You guys are talking about so many deals, I'm going back pages looking for them.[/QUOTE]

Yep I'll be posting an update tomorrow and culling out the majorly long list :).

Cheers,
Tony

I'm assuming that the only reason Dead Island is going on sale tomorrow is because I bought it at a higher price for a console yesterday from Best Buy, YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Only the weak can't handle the noodles.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the noodles themselves so much as what they were covered in.

Is there a page to view all at once the games that have the $5 Jan coupon?

[quote name='voldak']Tony,

Black Ops/MW2? Was the bad news that we are never going to get an update on it? :D[/QUOTE]

MW2 is still $9.99, BO is now $19.99, bundle is deadzors.

[quote name='omnicious']Was the Majesty deal deleted? I was really looking forward to that one.[/QUOTE]

It is still happening!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']MW2 is still $9.99, BO is now $19.99, bundle is deadzors.
[/QUOTE]
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww @ Black Ops is $20.
I paid like $10 for MW3 last month during the TRU PC games blowout.
{eyebrow raised @ Activision}

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']MW2 is still $9.99, BO is now $19.99, bundle is deadzors.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a shame.

To be honest, although I would have bought the bundle, I can certainly live without it. I bought MW2 from amazon when you had it on sale for $5 (On Valentine's day, I believe) and not only have I not played it yet, but I haven't even redeemed my key on Steam yet.

I know it's out of your control Tony, but definitely disappointed at the new Activision deals. I'll just have to give my money to the publishers who are willing to play ball with you. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just got the word in The Walking Dead 50% will hit tomorrow (11/21) and Cyber Monday (11/26).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead and Dead Island GOTY SOLD tomorrow....Also, thanks for the update on the blops/mw2 deal falling through.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']MW2 is still $9.99, BO is now $19.99, bundle is deadzors.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's pretty disappointing. I was looking forward to buying this "bundle", but definitely need these 2-3 year old games to hit a better price. Oh well. There is plenty of other stuff to buy.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just got the word in The Walking Dead 50% will hit tomorrow (11/21) and Cyber Monday (11/26).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead is awesome. I seriously cannot recommend this game enough to everybody. $12.50 is a steal. The last episode is released tomorrow too, so this is perfect timing for those of you who don't own it already.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also during 11/23-11/26 the Paradox War Chest moved from $9.99 to $7.49 and contains:

1. Achtung Panzer 1943 - Not Steam
2. Gettysburg Armored Warfare - Steam
3. Victoria II - Steam
4. Victoria II - A house divided - Steam
5. Hearts of Iron III Collection - Steam
6. King Arthur Collections - Steam
7. King Arthur II - Steam[/QUOTE]
excellent, i'll be grabbing this for sure

keep up the good work :applause:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep I'll be posting an update tomorrow and culling out the majorly long list :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In the interest of space would it possible to use a smaller font?

I also highly recommend Walking Dead, especially with Ep. 5 out tomorrow.

As is the general sentiment, at that price I will pass on Black Ops 2. Might get it on console for cheaper on BF or just pass on it altogether to due to just the bad taste Activision's pricing gives me.

I'm IN for the Walking Dead!!! Missed past deals on it so I'm not missing this one

On the fence with dead island but it is cheap enough so maybe I'll take a chance

I want so bad to like Paradox's stuff, especially with this killer bundle... But God help me the gameplay vids look horribly boring.

Edit - typo, on mobile

[quote name='MysterD']Ewwwwwwwwwwwww @ Black Ops is $20.
I paid like $10 for MW3 last month during the TRU PC games blowout.
{eyebrow raised @ Activision}[/QUOTE]

You've gotta stop bringing this up, man - you know as well as I do that Activision had nothing to do with that and TRU had paid them for the stock months ago. TRU's desire to dump PC games is anomaly and sadly can't really be used in comparison to anything.

So many ungrateful people in here think they are entitled to huge discounts on games.

Sales are a service, not a god-given right, people should start appreciating the fact that Amazon can do such large scale discounts on a diverse category of games rather than how your favorite game X isn't $5 or $10 cheaper than you thought it would be.

[quote name='zenii']So many ungrateful people in here think they are entitled to huge discounts on games.

Sales are a service, not a god-given right, people should start appreciating the fact that Amazon can do such large scale discounts on a diverse category of games rather than how your favorite game X isn't $5 or $10 cheaper than you thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

Just because Amazon is having a big sale with some great deals doesn't mean people should pay more than they feel like paying for a game to show their gratefulness. If game X is 5$ more than someone hoped it would be they have every right to say "this isn't cheap enough for me, I will not buy it at this price."

[quote name='Eldredpe']Just because Amazon is having a big sale with some great deals doesn't mean people should pay more than they feel like paying for a game to show their gratefulness. If game X is 5$ more than someone hoped it would be they have every right to say "this isn't cheap enough for me, I will not buy it at this price."[/QUOTE]

That and no one is being ungrateful with Amazon or Tony, just with some devs who either don't have a clue or keep trying to milk gamers for every penny.

I'd be disappointed with the Black Ops price of $19.99 even if Tony hadn't announced a cheaper price earlier. Way too much for such an old game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That and no one is being ungrateful with Amazon or Tony, just with some devs who either don't have a clue or keep trying to milk gamers for every penny.

I'd be disappointed with the Black Ops price of $19.99 even if Tony hadn't announced a cheaper price earlier. Way too much for such an old game.[/QUOTE]

Yea Activisions pricing on older COD PC titles is pretty atrocious. I might even give the franchise another shot if it were dirt cheap.

(I lie, it would just sit in my backlog.)

Sarcasm? Assassin's Creed 3 was just released a day ago. Really don't think you're going to see any kind of significant sale on it.

[quote name='zenii']So many ungrateful people in here think they are entitled to huge discounts on games.

Sales are a service, not a god-given right, people should start appreciating the fact...[/QUOTE]

Ah the irony. Can't believe in one sentence you use a word like 'ungrateful' in talking about a commercial transaction (which you recognize in the very next sentence). That's right, sales are a service. Gratitude or appreciation have nothing to do with anything. It doesn't put Amazon out to offer discounts -- they do it to make money. Not that anyone here has a problem with that but I always find it laughable when someone chides people as being 'ungrateful' in regards to for-profit business. They aren't offering these discounts out of the goodness of their own hearts. As such it actually behooves Tony to know what price points are acceptable to people.

That and I don't even think Tony could pull a Steam ACIII this early in the release cycle. Best deal so far was getting it for 30-40ish after blue coin rebate if you pre ordered from Gamersgate and this was for the UPlay version, not steam.

Hi Tony, Hi all.

Will Dead Island GOTY be region locked? Or it will be region free?

Dead Island and Risen deals will be online today, isn't it? Any clue about when will they be online?

Thanks.

Anyway to get an update on the first page? Deals upcoming and have already happened? All good if its too much, just haven't been able to check too often.

I know today will be:
-Walking Dead 12.50
-Dead Island GOTY 6.79
-Risen 1/2

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That and I don't even think Tony could pull a Steam ACIII this early in the release cycle. Best deal so far was getting it for 30-40ish after blue coin rebate if you pre ordered from Gamersgate and this was for the UPlay version, not steam.[/QUOTE]

@ Mooby & Fox

Just being optimistic here regarding AC3 PC since its as low as $24.99 for the console versions this week.

[quote name='ZsZso']I'm sure it'll be region locked. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer.

I was hoping that Amazon would sell region free keys. :whistle2:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back