Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vince_carter']How do these $5 promotional credits work? Not sure how I missed that part of the thread[/QUOTE]

Me either. The email and store page of your purchase should explain it, they're good in January on select titles.

[quote name='omgoblins']So what is up with this expansion? I see $7.50, but only for the MAC version, is the Windows version really double at $14.99? Will it be back to $7.50 at some point or did I miss out? Thanks if anyone can clear this up for me.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread.

The MAC version activates on STEAM and gives you both the PC and MAC version of the game [it's STEAM-PLAY enabled]. Amazon worked out a discount with Aspyr to put their games on sale.

How do these $5 promotional credits work? Not sure how I missed that part of the thread
This event happened last year too.
The $5 promo coupon will discount a select group of games for the entire month of January [with some games having a discount, which the $5 coupon gives it an even better discount; example I bought Bad Company 2 for $2, and Shogun 2 for $2.50]. Unlike last year's event, the current consensus is that the coupons are automatically applied to your account; no need to manually input a code anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']Welcome to the thread.

The MAC version activates on STEAM and gives you both the PC and MAC version of the game [it's STEAM-PLAY enabled]. Amazon worked out a discount with Aspyr to put their games on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks UW_Shocks, that is what I suspected, but I went through a bunch of pages and couldn't find anyone saying that. This thread is very active lol, lots of posts :)

...Know what, screw it. Getting Dead Island GOTY. now i know why the price seems funny, $6.80 is really a 10% discount of $7.49.

Steam autumn sale is going on right now. fully expect it, and the Winter sale for that matter, to have Dead Island GOTY, Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (again, like it's there today), and Walking Dead. ...also expect to have the coupons available for that time. Though uh... really, at $6.80 I was already tempted. $5 coupon on that + a small buffer for having enough (last year I had 3 and snubbed 2-3 games I wanted) and... yeah. In for that, convincing a friend to get in on it for co-op.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We got a bunch of those games DRM free so we are putting the bundle back up this morning. Anyone who already bought can redownload the DRM free version.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I hope you guys can do that for more of your Non-Steam titles; especially older titles.

I am not sure if this is the correct thread for this (maybe not), but after seeing similar posts:

A friend got that Dead Island GOTY and can't activate it (region lock) so if anyone wants to trade it for another game or something PM me and i will put you both on contact, he will be very happy :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Someone just PMed me about Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. We'll have this for $5 soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

How soon?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Come on guys! The Dead Island deal is not even in the top 10 of game sales on Amazon. I don't think Deep Silver will be impressed[/QUOTE]
Probably because its a below average game.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Probably because its a below average game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much this.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Someone just PMed me about Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. We'll have this for $5 soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's the price I've been waiting for....

I'll bite.

Minor haul for me today. Nothing too exciting.

I'm just counting down the hours until the Paradox War Chest becomes available. For my tastes, that appears to be the best planned deal by a wide margin. :drool:

[quote name='arschloch']Minor haul for me today. Nothing too exciting.

I'm just counting down the hours until the Paradox War Chest becomes available. For my tastes, that appears to be the best planned deal by a wide margin. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Did anyone verify whether the King Arthur Collection was similar to the Steam one? Didn't see an answer to that.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Probably because its a below average game.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the game is very good, a mixture of fps/rpg and zombies, who's not to like that??

Problem is, Deep Silver messed with the goty version, they retired the dlc and most of the people had the standard game.

AFAIK the only way to upgrade from the standard to the goty is thru steam's store, not sure how would adding a goty key to an already owned standard version would work. perhaps Tony could clarify this.

PS
And there is the region lock thing, that must be a turn off for many.

[quote name='DonRamon']Actually, the game is very good, a mixture of fps/rpg and zombies, who's not to like that??

Problem is, Deep Silver messed with the goty version, they retired the dlc and most of the people had the standard game.

AFAIK the only way to upgrade from the standard to the goty is thru steam's store, not sure how would adding a goty key to an already owned standard version would work. perhaps Tony could clarify this.

PS
And there is the region lock thing, that must be a turn off for many.[/QUOTE]

Considering how poorly received the DLC was for Dead Island, it doesn't seem like this is that big a problem.

Other sites like Gamersgate and GMG sell the individual DLC and the upgrade pack and routinely have sales.

With credit and coupons I think I paid like $2 for the Dead Island DLC.

[quote name='TheHeretic']According to Trader's Guild announcement here its only restricted to the following countries:

DE NO SE FI DK PT ES FR IT AT CH LU LI BE NL IE IM JE GS GB IS MT LV LT EE CZ HU PL SK BG GR RO SI HR TR

The rest of the world could redeem and play the game just fine.[/QUOTE]

ISO Country Codes for the curious.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Other sites like Gamersgate and GMG sell the individual DLC and the upgrade pack and routinely have sales.
With credit and coupons I think I paid like $2 for the Dead Island DLC.[/QUOTE]
This is possibly the best reason to want your newer games on steam. Plenty of opportunity for DLC on sale from Amazon, Steam, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, GameFly, GameStop, Get Games Go.

The most important reason to buy a game is to make the publisher happy so they will make more sales.

That was going to be sarcasm, then I realized I have been advocating this strategy for THQ games to give them money.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Tony,

Will there be any sales on Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't have this in their PC Digital library.

[quote name='yangwenli']Did anyone verify whether the King Arthur Collection was similar to the Steam one? Didn't see an answer to that.[/QUOTE]

This is the first game and most of its DLC. It doesn't include Fallen Champions or any of KA 2. For whatever reason the original listing of the King Arthur Collection was removed from Steam.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Considering how poorly received the DLC was for Dead Island, it doesn't seem like this is that big a problem.[/QUOTE]

The ryder white one was cool, the rest, yeah, a total waste.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']If you played alone maybe, coop was amazing.[/QUOTE]

Everything is amazing in coop. IMO, game design was fairly mediocre.

The walking dead for 12.50 is a steal!

Just played through the first episode and I am hooked!!!

Edit: Can't wait for the rockstar deals to hit! I'm in the mood for some gta SA

Dead Island GOTY activates with no issues in South America (confirmed), if someone from the forum is from there.Take2/Rockstar deals are for tomorrow?

So I am trying to keep my spending reasonably this year. Do you think I should pick up Walking Dead and substitute it for Battlefield 3 Premium because I already own the limited edition and only played Conquest primarily.

Here is what is on my radar right now:
1. Medal Of Honor Warfighter - $29.99
2. Need for Speed Most Wanted - $19.99
3. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $29.99

Picked up Civ5 Gods & Kings. I can confirm the Mac one works on PC. You just enter the product key on steam and it worked fine.

Just an FYI for anyone looking to get Need For Speed Most Wanted for the single player. DON"T.
There is pretty much no single player. No story what so ever. You start the game and are simply told to beat the 10 racers on the most wanted list. You find a car, do races for it, rinse and repeat till you have enough points to race against a most wanted driver. You repeat that the entire time.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Just an FYI for anyone looking to get Need For Speed Most Wanted for the single player. DON"T.
There is pretty much no single player. No story what so ever. You start the game and are simply told to beat the 10 racers on the most wanted list. You find a car, do races for it, rinse and repeat till you have enough points to race against a most wanted driver. You repeat that the entire time.[/QUOTE]
I beat it in Single player last week and actually found it pretty fun, but it was pretty repetitive. Once you get the Bugatti from Most Wanted 3, you pretty much beat the game...

I'm hoping Sonic Adventures 2 goes on sale even it was just released 2 days ago. I've been waiting forever for that game to be on PC and was just looking into a DreamCast emulator to play it last week...

[quote name='KaOTiK']Just an FYI for anyone looking to get Need For Speed Most Wanted for the single player. DON"T.
There is pretty much no single player. No story what so ever. You start the game and are simply told to beat the 10 racers on the most wanted list. You find a car, do races for it, rinse and repeat till you have enough points to race against a most wanted driver. You repeat that the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Was there a storyline in Burnout Paradise? No.
Was there a storyline in NFS: Hot Pursuit? No.

Racing games don't need a story. That's not what the game is about. I'm not sure what you expect?

Hey Tony,

On the upcoming LA Noir deal, will it be the Complete version or just the base game?

Any chance on a major discount for Rayman Origins?

How long is the Take Two games on sale for? Friday only?

Thanks.

[quote name='darkling23']Was there a storyline in Burnout Paradise? No.
Was there a storyline in NFS: Hot Pursuit? No.

Racing games don't need a story. That's not what the game is about. I'm not sure what you expect?[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing is - there was a story and personality attached to everyone on The Black List of drivers in SP portion of NFS: Hot Pursuit (2005) by Black Box.
The FMV's and story were way over-the-top, hammy, and actually pretty great.

This is why someone would complain about "lack of story and character" in Most Wanted 2012 - especially when the "Most Wanted" tag/brand-name is attached to it.
It's one of the things the original MW 2005 is most definitely known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back