Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='p5ych0']Any chance on matching gamefly's deal on syndicate for $5.09 today?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']...but it'll already be $0.06 cheaper on Monday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='p5ych0']yeah, but I could also spend 10 cents more and play it today. Either way it activates on Origin[/QUOTE]

We'll have it for $4.99 on Monday, our intent is not to match.

[quote name='Mooby']I know you've been asked eighty-seven times but: any idea when the Editor's Choice list will start to get populated?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing on there yet? I thought we updated it on Wednesday. The first 20 titles will be up on the page sometime today.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Does anybody want to trade their copy of Warlock? Having no luck in the trading thread...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pheace']So, you're aware this isn't the thread for trading, yet still try it anyway?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Zomg, revoke his hall pass![/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Are you going to hit me, mother?[/QUOTE]

We don't really have rules around trading/non-trading in this thread. The primary rule is "don't be a jerk". There was just an entire page and a half about deals on other sites that have nothing to do with Amazon PCDD, we're ok with those in this thread so I don't see why we'd not be ok with people trading stuff. I'm just glad he didn't ask me if Mass Effect activates on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
There's nothing on there yet? I thought we updated it on Wednesday. The first 20 titles will be up on the page sometime today. Also yeah I have no idea why people are jumping on that guy,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, I can confirm that the page is still blank as far as the editor's choice list. I'm excited to hear a partial list is coming soon. Also keep up the bomb job you are kicking Steam in the shins!

-monkeyz

[quote name='monkeyz']Tony, I can confirm that the page is still blank as far as the editor's choice list. I'm excited to hear a partial list is coming soon. Also keep up the bomb job you are kicking Steam in the shins!

-monkeyz[/QUOTE]

Fat finger error, I just didn't click "approve". Check back in a couple of hours and there should be 20 or so titles on the page.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='p5ych0']yeah, but I could also spend 10 cents more and play it today. Either way it activates on Origin[/QUOTE]

or use the 20% off coupon on gamefly and get it for a dollar less...like i did and played it today

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone play that Pirate's Cove game in the Paradox Pack? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I believe there's a demo on Steam. I wasn't that impressed.

[quote name='Bruticis']Any chance of a price match on Quantum Conundrum on gamestop for $3.74? Not sure if it's a flash sale or what. http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3152[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Don't do it, Bruticis owns enough games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bruticis']Mooby, it's so cheap, I'm trying to resist........[/QUOTE]

Price match is incoming! We went ahead and blocked Bruticis account from buying that particular product though, thanks for the heads up Mooby.

Remember Bruticis, it is for your own good.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm just looking out for Squee -- he and Bruticis are in a deathmatch competition to see who can own the most Steam titles. It's a vicious cycle of destructiveness that's spiraling out of control!

Guys,

If you bought one of the bundles with Victoria II or Majesty Gold HD, apparently we received non-steam keys for both of those games. DON'T PANIC we're getting more and we'll backfill you guys as soon as we get them.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

If you bought one of the bundles with Victoria II or Majesty Gold HD, apparently we received non-steam keys for both of those games. DON'T PANIC we're getting more and we'll backfill you guys as soon as we get them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hey Tony,

FYI, I purchased the Paradox War Chest earlier today and was already able to successfully redeem my Victoria II & expansion keys with Steam. So apparently only _some_ of them were non-steam. :)

So, how did I manage to get promo credits for "[FONT=&quot]Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack[/FONT]" & "[FONT=&quot]25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins[/FONT]". Apparently I received an email for one of each for each of my 3 purchases today. Didn't see any mention of F2P promo stuff...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']So, how did I manage to get promo credits for "[FONT=&quot]Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack[/FONT]" & "[FONT=&quot]25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins[/FONT]". Apparently I received an email for one of each for each of my 3 purchases today. Didn't see any mention of F2P promo stuff...[/QUOTE]

It's not messaged on the page currently but we're running a promo for some of the F2P games we offer as well. It's basically free in game stuff for both of those games.

Cheers,
Tony

Be VERY CAREFUL when ordering the Bioshock pack. There is an identical pack listed on Amazon's Digital Download section that DOES NOT GIVE STEAM KEYS.

I ended up buying that one and was pissed to find no keys. I just assumed that all copies offered would give you the Steam keys not that I'd have to find a specific one (which doesn't say anything about steam in the product title).

Sent an e-mail to customer service but I'm not holding my breath.. just be careful fellow CAGs.

[quote name='CheapSteam']Do you get 2 separate keys with Battlefield 3 Premium Edition?
[/QUOTE]

You do with the retail version. Not sure about the digital.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']You do with the retail version. Not sure about the digital.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case i can pick it up at Bestbuy for cheaper! Thanks!! :bouncy:

[quote name='arschloch']Hey Tony,

FYI, I purchased the Paradox War Chest earlier today and was already able to successfully redeem my Victoria II & expansion keys with Steam. So apparently only _some_ of them were non-steam. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah sounds like we haven't run through the current batch of Steam keys yet. Stay tuned.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Be VERY CAREFUL when ordering the Bioshock pack. There is an identical pack listed on Amazon's Digital Download section that DOES NOT GIVE STEAM KEYS.

I ended up buying that one and was pissed to find no keys. I just assumed that all copies offered would give you the Steam keys not that I'd have to find a specific one (which doesn't say anything about steam in the product title).

Sent an e-mail to customer service but I'm not holding my breath.. just be careful fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Can you describe how you navigated to the deal?

The reason I ask is because, in the links here on CAG, and elsewhere I've posted, in addition to all of our on site merchandising ( http://i.imgur.com/OYrXs.jpg) we're pointing at the Steam version.

Also, regarding no mention of Steam on the page:

http://i.imgur.com/CS5vs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OYrXs.jpg
Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Drabelincoln']What happened with price matching the saints row DLC? I saw the price dropped on a bunch of it and now its back up to regular price again[/QUOTE]

Hmm on which ones? I'm showing matched pricing.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapSteam']If that's the case i can pick it up at Bestbuy for cheaper! Thanks!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That's really the way to go. I ended up selling the battlefield code, so premium was dirt cheap in the end :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hmm on which ones? I'm showing matched pricing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Quite a few..

Shark Attack Pack
Money Shot Pack
Explosive Commando Pack
Bloodsucker Pack
Z-Style Pack
Invincible Pack
Warrior Pack
Penthouse Pack
Genki Girl Pack
Funtime! Pack
Nyteblade
Special Ops
Tricks and Treats
Witches and Wieners
Horror Pack

Are all full price..

[quote name='crystalklear64']Be VERY CAREFUL when ordering the Bioshock pack. There is an identical pack listed on Amazon's Digital Download section that DOES NOT GIVE STEAM KEYS.

Sent an e-mail to customer service but I'm not holding my breath.. just be careful fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock isnt Steamworks, why would you assume that all copies unlock on Steam? Plenty of people want DRM free games. And why would it have to say Steam in the title? That is why it mentions DRM: Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI they are just gonna be talking deals we have running already for those who don't want to tune in.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

thanks for saving my time, back to sleep :p

Hey Tony, In regards to the editors choice games. Will they have the same discount they have now + the $5 promo code? That's what the web page is showing anyway.

[quote name='sunghost']Quite a few..

Shark Attack Pack
Money Shot Pack
Explosive Commando Pack
Bloodsucker Pack
Z-Style Pack
Invincible Pack
Warrior Pack
Penthouse Pack
Genki Girl Pack
Funtime! Pack
Nyteblade
Special Ops
Tricks and Treats
Witches and Wieners
Horror Pack

Are all full price..[/QUOTE]

Looking at these, are they all $.49 roughly?

If so that's why, we generally don't sell stuff for less than 50 cents so if you're looking at getting these, Steam is your place.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='stupidproz1']Hey Tony, In regards to the editors choice games. Will they have the same discount they have now + the $5 promo code? That's what the web page is showing anyway.[/QUOTE]

No they'll have different pricing throughout the month of January, which is when you can use the credit.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Looking at these, are they all $.49 roughly?

If so that's why, we generally don't sell stuff for less than 50 cents so if you're looking at getting these, Steam is your place.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

they were matched earlier...and i didnt buy them at the time and should have I guess....wanted to use my amazon credit

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hmm on which ones? I'm showing matched pricing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are you able to say whether or not you'll be adding DLC to the editor's choice picks, Tony? I am assuming it will all just be core games, but I could have sworn that I bought some DLC from the Jan 2012 deals.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']they were matched earlier...and i didnt buy them at the time and should have I guess....wanted to use my amazon credit[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude :(.

[quote name='mewantgames']Is the KoA pack not going to happen on monday? I don't see it on the front page anymore[/QUOTE]

I can't update the OP for some reason, it will still happen Monday. I need to drop Cheapy another note.

[quote name='60fps']Are you able to say whether or not you'll be adding DLC to the editor's choice picks, Tony? I am assuming it will all just be core games, but I could have sworn that I bought some DLC from the Jan 2012 deals.[/QUOTE]

We may or may not. I don't have a full list yet, but as we add stuff I'll let you guys know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapSteam']Do you get 2 separate keys with Battlefield 3 Premium Edition?
[/QUOTE]

I ordered BF 3 Premium Edition earlier today on Gamestop digital download. They gave me 2 keys. The longer key is for the original BF 3 game. The shorter key is for the Premium service. I only needed the premium service, so I only redeemed that code. I'll be selling the code for the original BF 3 game.

Edit: I actually went on Origin live chat after I bought it to confirm what the 2 keys were. You can just type them your keys and they can tell you what games they are. Took about 5 minutes.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No they'll have different pricing throughout the month of January, which is when you can use the credit.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

"different pricing" as in not as discounted as they are currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back