Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AmazingHulk']Is kings crusade steam activated?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0045UA8F8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Cause person in second review wrote something about steam[/QUOTE]

Heh, since Amazon is so terrible about telling you whether or not a game Steam activates and what other DRM if any there is that has been my roundabout way to try to check for it; reading the reviews.

Anyway Gamersgate is also reporting it as Steamworks so I think it's safe to say yes http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TKC/the-kings-crusade

[quote name='Fatdude']So does Gray Matter and Whispered world activate on steam or are they DRM free?[/QUOTE]

Gray Matter isn't available on Steam.. and I doubt Whispered World activates on Steam.

Ahh i remeber seeing Gray Mateer on steam.Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.Well bought it anyway but any definitive answer for Whispered World?Steam key would be awesome.

So I really wanted the Gray Matter sale to be a success, so I dropped the Jane Jenson kickstarter a message about the game being on sale since there was talk on there of people wanting to buy the game on GOG or Steam... and they posted my message and a link to purchase it on Amazon on the kickstarter comments board. Here's hoping this increases the sales for the game.

[quote name='Fatdude']Ahh i remeber seeing Gray Mateer on steam.Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.Well bought it anyway but any definitive answer for Whispered World?Steam key would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I bought WW and I don't see a key in my Amazon game library.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Hi Tony,
Any word on what DRM will be on the copies you will be selling?. Securom?, GFWL?.. Matters to some people...:)[/QUOTE]

I BELIEVE it is secureshield, let me confirm though.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

Since Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition PC -- which uses G4WL, bleh! -- was announced today for August 24th, 2012 release....
Do you guys plan to be getting this PC version for digital download?

Despite it using [that garbage] G4WL, I'm really looking forward to this game...[/QUOTE]

We just sent an email about this again yesterday. I'm hoping the answer is yes.

[quote name='hal']Suppose I buy a game in this sale and get credit. Will Madden 08 be available at some point at the sale price (and be eligible) before the credit expires?

Also, will you be doing a DD Borderlands 2 pre-order to match your physical disc game department?[/QUOTE]

Yep, the credit will be good for 1 month after the sale is over. I continue to email the team responsible for this system.

Also, we will definitely pre-order Borderlands 2, not sure when it is going up yet though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You have a purchase from me as soon as this flips as well.

Edit.

And if Gray Matter sells well maybe they can be convinced to give Black Mirror II and III a drop next time you guys have a big sale :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']On a somewhat related note, did you guys stop carrying the DD of Amnesia?[/QUOTE]

We didn't, I'll check as to why it isn't up.

[quote name='inm8num2']Thanks for Gray Matter, Tony!

By the way, is there a hamster fund to which I can donate? Love those little guys.[/QUOTE]

Lol we take pretty good care of the little dudes :).

[quote name='mewantgames']Just bought gray matter as I type this, big thanks to you tony for getting viva to allow the sale price. With that I think I'm finally done with this sale. Now I just need to take the next month off work to play all these games :p
P.S check out the whispered world for those who like these adventure games it's also on sale for 2.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shrowd']bought it, never really payed attention to this game before, figured it was worth a shot with the good feedback it is getting on these boards.

btw, was wondering if there was a shot Blood Bowl Legendary would have a shot of going on sale or should I just buy the one currently on sale?[/QUOTE]

Blood bowl legendary is a no go :( sorry guys.

[quote name='Motoki']Just bought Gray Matter as well. Thanks for the sale!

*Edited to add: If you had to do a lot of arm twisting to get the publisher to put it on sale you might want to feature it a little more prominently somehow. I'd been wanting it for a while but only by chance knew about it by checking this thread.

I do usually check the front page of Game Downloads but I admit if there's a big sale I don't necessarily check though pages to find every single item on sale.[/QUOTE]

I just got this included in an email to several million people :).

[quote name='dopehat']Thank you Tony. Picked up Gray Matter also HUGE fan of Jane Jensen and her GK series[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seamoss']Man, $5 for Gray Matter is really tempting - I love adventure games (and I don't mean hidden object games...) but recent ones rarely go on sale anywhere. I agree that Amazon should probably feature this one a bit more prominently on the sale front page.

Related question: has anyone bought Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle? $2.00 is a great price but the only review says it doesn't work "without the DVD" which seems really weird.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Someone commented a few days ago:

"Just wanted to add that this problem still persists. The game looks for your DVD! Even the install screen notes that you are installing from a DVD! If you choose maximum install, it still looks for the disc. Amazon should have removed this from being able to be purchased since a digital download that requires a physical dvd is absurd. I was hoping the problem had been corrected. At least they refunded the buck ninety-nine I paid for it."

I can tell you my experience WITH the dvd since I have a jewel case copy of this. Yes, you can max install it but yes it does require you put a physical DVD in every time you play (which I assume the digital download is also requiring. With Windows 7, I actually haven't been able to enjoy this game. It keeps crashing on me in the same spot on the first chapter so I am going to have to try this on vista or xp. Seems this particular one is sort of buggy, don't know about the rest in the series.[/QUOTE]

We are fixing this now, everyone who purchased will get a new build in their library.

[quote name='Shrowd']Not sure how the sales look on your side of it, but Gray Matter went from #97 to #2 in casual games download section rankings. Not too shabby.:applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shrowd']Gray Matter is now sitting at #1 in casual games... wow. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Yeah guys, it is doing really well :) Thanks for everyone who is spreading the word!

[quote name='icefiresr']Tony, Greenmangaming had Duke Nukem Forever for 4.99 USD, would it be possible to make a deal on it?[/QUOTE]

We actually don't match international sites (see OP).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So I really wanted the Gray Matter sale to be a success, so I dropped the Jane Jenson kickstarter a message about the game being on sale since there was talk on there of people wanting to buy the game on GOG or Steam... and they posted my message and a link to purchase it on Amazon on the kickstarter comments board. Here's hoping this increases the sales for the game.[/QUOTE]

I've been responding to this thread for a bit, but about 45 minutes after you posted this we saw a nice bump, thanks dude :), looks like that community responded!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Shrowd']Gray Matter is now sitting at #1 in casual games... wow. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Very happy to see it doing well, but I do have to annoyingly comment that Gray Matter isn't a casual game. It's a blue blood adventure.

[quote name='vherub']Grabbed Gray Matter, maybe put in the 1st post or subject?[/QUOTE]

Added to both :). Any other forums/sites you'd recommend hitting up with this deal?

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the updates. Team responsible for loading up Madden 08 ought to have something done to them for the stuff up ;)... Paying customers cant buy it ;)....haha
Thanks for the effort :)

Nigz

"Good guy Tony from Amazon"

Despite many games on sale very cheap, customers ask for another game to be discounted.

Discounts that game.

[quote name='inm8num2']"Good guy Tony from Amazon"

Despite many games on sale very cheap, customers ask for another game to be discounted.

Discounts that game.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually so far extremely impressed by the way we as a community responded. Last count Gray Matter has jumped all the way to #138 on the Top Selling Video Games list. Glad to know we were able to help Tony back up the appeal of putting games on sale for that particular publisher.

[quote name='inm8num2']"Good guy Tony from Amazon"

Discounts that game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm actually so far extremely impressed by the way we as a community responded. Last count Gray Matter has jumped all the way to #138 on the Top Selling Video Games list. Glad to know we were able to help Tony back up the appeal of putting games on sale for that particular publisher.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, the spreading of the word is definitely helping. Question for those interested in casual games, tell me what you think about this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote

and let me know what you think, as well as what Casual games we should try putting in there and I'll try to run them down, give me a good smattering so I can contact a bunch of people...remember to stick to casual games...at least the stuff we call casual :).

Cheers,
Tony

Anything in the works for Battlefield 3? Really want to buy that game but I'd rather do it from Amazon than Origin, you guys never let me down.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks guys, the spreading of the word is definitely helping. Question for those interested in casual games, tell me what you think about this page:

and let me know what you think, as well as what Casual games we should try putting in there and I'll try to run them down, give me a good smattering so I can contact a bunch of people...remember to stick to casual games...at least the stuff we call casual :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I like the voting idea but can there be more than four choices?

In any case, since you asked ;) , I went through the first few hundred "casual" games (I really wish it would list more than 10 per page...) and here are the ones I think are worthwhile:

Black Mirror series
Nancy Drew series
Sherlock Holmes series
Runaway series (or any other Pendulo Studios game)
Aveyond series
Avernum series
Alien/Zombie Shooter series
Tales of Monkey Island series
Scratches
Whispered World
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
Faerie Solitaire
Ghost Master
Gray Matter (ha!)

Obviously these are just my personal preferences, but no hidden object, Bejeweled clones, Diner Dash clones, etc. please.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm actually so far extremely impressed by the way we as a community responded. Last count Gray Matter has jumped all the way to #138 on the Top Selling Video Games list. Glad to know we were able to help Tony back up the appeal of putting games on sale for that particular publisher.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the real question is: is it selling enough units to justify to the publisher that the sale price was worth it? So what's the verdict Tony, are we doing enough?

[quote name='Snowmaru']Anything in the works for Battlefield 3? Really want to buy that game but I'd rather do it from Amazon than Origin, you guys never let me down.[/QUOTE]

Starts Sunday, 50% off battlefield 3 base game.

[quote name='seamoss']I like the voting idea but can there be more than four choices?

In any case, since you asked ;) , I went through the first few hundred "casual" games (I really wish it would list more than 10 per page...) and here are the ones I think are worthwhile:

Black Mirror series
Nancy Drew series
Sherlock Holmes series
Runaway series (or any other Pendulo Studios game)
Aveyond series
Avernum series
Alien/Zombie Shooter series
Tales of Monkey Island series
Scratches
Whispered World
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
Faerie Solitaire
Ghost Master
Gray Matter (ha!)

Obviously these are just my personal preferences, but no hidden object, Bejeweled clones, Diner Dash clones, etc. please.[/QUOTE]

Right now it is limited to 4 games, but we're looking at new ways to look at it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start running down those deals :). Black Mirror series probably won't make it in as I'm pushing to get it in this weekend based on the feedback on Gray Matter Black Mirror 2 is going up for $3.99 until the end of Sunday. Play away!

[quote name='walkonshadows']Yes, but the real question is: is it selling enough units to justify to the publisher that the sale price was worth it? So what's the verdict Tony, are we doing enough?[/QUOTE]

See above :). They are testing out a sale for the rest of the weekend on Black Mirror 2, if it does well then Black Mirror 3 is in the cards.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
When we gonna hear about the next [hopefully] awesome sale you're going to throw our way? ;)[/QUOTE]

Next week we'll see a sale on the battlefield franchise:

Battlefield Heroes Starter Packs – 33% off
Battlefield 3 - $29.99 – 50% off
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $4.99
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam - $4.99

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Eh, I'm still gonna wait on BF3. Too much DLC planned and already out to drop $30 on something I doubt will last for me.

So, anything else on sale next week that you can share w/ us? :p

Ummm...maybe ME3? ;)
Maybe Beat that $40 price-tag Best Buy will have for ME3 Retail Box next week? :p
I expect DD [Digital Download] to normally be cheaper than Retail box [after game's been out for some time], since w/ DD we have no manual, no disc, no box, and whatnot. :p

[quote name='MysterD']Eh, I'm still gonna wait on BF3. Too much DLC planned and already out to drop $30 on something I doubt will last for me.

So, anything else on sale next week that you can share w/ us? :p

Ummm...maybe ME3? ;)
Maybe Beat that $40 price-tag Best Buy will have for ME3 Retail Box next week? :p
I expect DD to normally be cheaper than Retail box [after game's been out for some time], since we have no manual, no disc, no box, and whatnot. :p[/QUOTE]

I can tell you we definitely won't drop the price on ME3 next week as we've been running it on sale for the past 2 weeks. As for the difference between digital and retail box prices, there are a lot of factors that go into box prices (like inventory management) that create differences like what you see in the channels.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ShadowJT']What happen to Stronghold 3, the price is $14.99 now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Uplink']stronghold back up to 14 any chance for a drop after thursday ?[/QUOTE]

FYI I met with these guys yesterday. The price is now $9.99 and i have more information. In the near future there will be a "Gold version" available that contains all the patches which fix many of the launch issues AND several pieces of DLC. All customers who purchase Stronghold 3 before the switch will automatically be upgraded to this new, gold version. I'm personally going to grab a copy now that it is back down to $9.99 in anticipation of the upgrade.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I can tell you we definitely won't drop the price on ME3 next week as we've been running it on sale for the past 2 weeks.[/quote]
Makes sense.

As for the difference between digital and retail box prices, there are a lot of factors that go into box prices (like inventory management) that create differences like what you see in the channels.
Yes, that too - which is often why retail's normally more pricey than DD. They'd have to also account for WAY more middle-men involved, as well.

Besides Battlefield BC2 + BF3 sales next week, any other PC games on sale next week that might be eye-popping than you are allowed to reveal? :p

[quote name='thegreatest']Will BC2 activate on Origin or Steam (if Steam has it)?[/QUOTE]
BF:BC2 activates up on Origin.

EA games DO NOT activate on Steam.

Though, keep in mind - some EA games you buy via Steam, you can activate on Origin.
I.e. Burnout: Paradise - Steam version key actually activated up fine on Origin for me.

If you want BC2 via Steam, you'd have to buy it directly through there.

[quote name='MysterD']BF:BC2 activates up on Origin.

EA games DO NOT activate on Steam.

Though, keep in mind - some EA games you buy via Steam, you can activate on Origin.
I.e. Burnout: Paradise - Steam version key actually activated up fine on Origin for me.

If you want BC2 via Steam, you'd have to buy it directly through there.[/QUOTE]

Alright Origin is fine. That's where BF3 is so it doesn't bother me. I was just making sure it activates on something.

[quote name='thegreatest']Alright Origin is fine. That's where BF3 is so it doesn't bother me. I was just making sure it activates on something.[/QUOTE]
Well, BF3 gives us NO choice.
We're stuck w/ Origin w/ that game... :p
Same goes for KOA: Reckoning (Non-Steam versions) and ME3.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I met with these guys yesterday. The price is now $9.99 and i have more information. In the near future there will be a "Gold version" available that contains all the patches which fix many of the launch issues AND several pieces of DLC. All customers who purchase Stronghold 3 before the switch will automatically be upgraded to this new, gold version. I'm personally going to grab a copy now that it is back down to $9.99 in anticipation of the upgrade.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Will this upgrade be automatic through steam, or a different code appear on the amazon page?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Sorry, I have to ask this as I'm not sure %100 sure from the responses here; is Gray Matter DRM free? Thanks a ton![/QUOTE]

Just installed and ran the game. No DRM.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I met with these guys yesterday. The price is now $9.99 and i have more information. In the near future there will be a "Gold version" available that contains all the patches which fix many of the launch issues AND several pieces of DLC. All customers who purchase Stronghold 3 before the switch will automatically be upgraded to this new, gold version. I'm personally going to grab a copy now that it is back down to $9.99 in anticipation of the upgrade.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice !! got it :)

I had bought Gray Matter on GamersGate previously but still haven't gotten to it yet. (i have 2 kids.)
but to help support the sale and future sales I grabbed a $5 copy anyway on Amazon.
Tony is doing a great job communicating and making a good place for PC gamers.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, BF3 gives us NO choice.
We're stuck w/ Origin w/ that game... :p
Same goes for KOA: Reckoning (Non-Steam versions) and ME3.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. ;)

[quote name='stopEntei']You guys weren't crazy, Gray Matter was indeed on Steam somewhere in the past:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYAMZv1CnM[/QUOTE]

If you are going by the little icon that pops up in the corner to access the steam community, that pops up whenever you launch a game from steam, even if it is an outside game you just added to your steam list.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks guys, the spreading of the word is definitely helping. Question for those interested in casual games, tell me what you think about this page:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I really like that link Tony. The idea of being able to vote is great and I would readily do a 1.99 every week or so. Honestly, I love the sales but the 100s of casual games for 2.99 can be a bit overwhelming to choose from. I also like you guys include MP3 and books. Always on the lookout for deals on those as well.

As for my game suggestions (All taken from the Casual Games section):
Vampire Hunters
Spellagories
Ghost Pirate of Vooju Island
Tales from the Dragon Mountain
Garter & Ghouls
Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines
I'll Believe You
Pickers
Dark Strokes
Ankh
Midnight Mysteries Series
Mishap 2
The Secret f Hildegards
Vampire Tales
Little Shop Road Trip
Cate West
The Scruffs
Cajun Cop
Deadtime Stories
Campire Legends
Ghost Town Mysteries
Forgotten Places
Mystery of Mortlake Mansion
Dying for Daylight
Real Crimes
Twisted Lands
Oddly Enough
Sacra Terra
Weird Park
House of 1000 Doors

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

See above :). They are testing out a sale for the rest of the weekend on Black Mirror 2, if it does well then Black Mirror 3 is in the cards.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

First, thanks a bunch for getting Black Mirror 2 on sale. Buying that now. I doubt its sales will match those of Gray Matter, but even so, if I like it a lot I'll have no problem paying retail for Black Mirror 3 if they don't put that on sale.

And the deal on those BF Heroes Starter Packs are the best you can get. The large pack is already a steal at 20, but with another 33% on top of that it's easily the best deal out for BF Heroes. Wish there was a way to put this sale out to that community since I think it would do extremely well.

Finally, do you guys have any influence on what you carry from certain publishers? I just notice that there are a TON of games Viva Media releases physically, but you guys don't carry digitally. I used to be able to pick those type of games up at Wal-Mart or Target, but they have shrunk their PC selection a ton recently. I don't mind ordering from Amazon, but trying to put together an order for FSSS is always a hassle. I'd be much more inclined to purchase certain games from them digitally. I do notice a lot of the games I'm interested are also distributed by the Fish company, so maybe that's why you guys can't carry them?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Honestly, I love the sales but the 100s of casual games for 2.99 can be a bit overwhelming to choose from.
[/quote]

I feel the same. I want to get into some more of the casual stuff but I honestly have no idea where to start and it's all overwhelming. Gray Matter I went for because I knew of Jane Jensen but I'm sure there are others I would enjoy as well and just don't know it yet.

I wish there were some better way to sort through those games and get more info on them. Most of them desperately need more reviews too. Maybe they could give some away to Amazon Vine members to review or do a free casual game of the day like the Android store. Heck, I've even wondered if they could do some sort of benefit for Prime members like free access to lower tier casual games (sort of like Amazon Video on Demand free Prime vs paid etc).

Also more demos or maybe a 'try before you buy feature' like the Amazon Android store has or Gaikai could be good. I just think most of the casual games really need more exposure, but maybe that's because I've not really been in that sphere so much in the past. I'm sure there must be some place casual players gather and chat about games.

I do notice a lot of the games I'm interested are also distributed by the Fish company, so maybe that's why you guys can't carry them?

Big Fish? They have a few things on Amazon, also some on Steam, iTunes, Android etc so they do sell elsewhere but it does seem like only a small portion of their library is available for sale elsewhere and I'm not sure how they decide what gets sold via third parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back