Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Bulletstorm = $5 on Steam for download.
As some of y'all know, Bulletstorm PC requires G4WL.
This game kicks major butt.
Thought I'd point it out, in case some of y'all out there would like Tony + Amazon DVG to price-match.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Been waiting to rebuy this on the PC - played on the Xbox previously.

I hope that Crysis 2 also goes on sale at Amazon next week - been wanting to rebuy that as well and I know it's been mentioned that an EA special of sorts is coming.

[quote name='MysterD']Bulletstorm = $5 on Steam for download.
As some of y'all know, Bulletstorm PC requires G4WL.
This game kicks major butt.
Thought I'd point it out, in case some of y'all out there would like Tony + Amazon DVG to price-match.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LagFest']Yes! I'd love to see the deal price-matched :)
Please do an Assassin's Creed sale Tony D![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Worth noting, that ALSO on GameStop PC App for PC games download...
Assassin's Creed: Revelations = $25
Assassin's Creed 2 = $5

That's all in case Tony, Amazon DVG, and PC gamers here all would

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
2. We won't be matching the AC stuff as we are continuing our discussions around this. I'm letting you know this so you can pick it up during the sale if you want to and not miss out while you wait for an Amazon PM.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Full-on integrity.

Well done, Tony.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys sorry for the delay in response here. Couple of things:

1. I'll be putting in the Bulletstorm match in shortly
2. We won't be matching the AC stuff as we are continuing our discussions around this. I'm letting you know this so you can pick it up during the sale if you want to and not miss out while you wait for an Amazon PM.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Very cool of you.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']From the OP
Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.[/QUOTE]
I haven't poked around gmg much, but I do have to say there won't be any questions on Drm or not. They say it big and bold, even before the game description. I wish Amazon was as clear.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys sorry for the delay in response here. Couple of things:

1. I'll be putting in the Bulletstorm match in shortly

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Oh, are you guys are going to eventually have a AC sale eventually?
Can't wait to see AC: Revelations brick down in price. :p
Let me know when it's $15 or less. :p

[quote name='Drabelincoln']From the OP
Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.[/QUOTE]

too bad, I thought GMG actually had separate sites now for the UK and USA though?

[quote name='buckythekat']too bad, I thought GMG actually had separate sites now for the UK and USA though?[/QUOTE]

GMG is housed in UK, even though they will make sales to UK and USA.
Amazon DVG doesn't match International sites b/c they feel the overseas market is DIFFERENT from the USA market.
Tony discussed that somewhere in the original legendary Amazon DVG thread.

Games price-points can actually differ from Region to Region - and especially true if there's different publishers for same game even in different regions, too.

Gave in and got ME1 and 2. Not big on RPGs, and never finished ME1 on 360, but it's hard to pass up at that price. You win again, Amazon..

[quote name='yruluis']saw amazon accepted returns on open copies of me3. are returns accepted on downloads or physical copies of pc games?[/QUOTE]

Most sites don't offer returns for downloadable content. Amazon functions in a similar manner.

"In general, digital content purchased and/or downloaded from Amazon.com is not returnable. If you experience technical problems accessing a download or using the item you purchased, we're happy to help you troubleshoot the problem."

That being said if you have significant issues getting something to run or function properly you might be able to get a refund, but I wouldn't rely on such a gesture.
edit: Not sure about their policy on physical copies PC games, but from my experience opened physical copies of games and software in general are usually not accepted.

"Computer and video games purchased from Amazon.com and most sellers are easily returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. These items must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap."

I'm sure Tony could elaborate further on your question. When you say amazon is accepting returns of ME3 do you mean amazon is offering to buy the used game from you?

[quote name='yruluis']saw amazon accepted returns on open copies of me3. are returns accepted on downloads or physical copies of pc games?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Meeza']Most sites don't offer returns for downloadable content. Amazon functions in a similar manner.

"In general, digital content purchased and/or downloaded from Amazon.com is not returnable. If you experience technical problems accessing a download or using the item you purchased, we're happy to help you troubleshoot the problem."

That being said if you have significant issues getting something to run or function properly you might be able to get a refund, but I wouldn't rely on such a gesture.
edit: Not sure about their policy on physical copies PC games, but from my experience opened physical copies of games and software in general are usually not accepted.

"Computer and video games purchased from Amazon.com and most sellers are easily returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. These items must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap."

I'm sure Tony could elaborate further on your question. When you say amazon is accepting returns of ME3 do you mean amazon is offering to buy the used game from you?[/QUOTE]

This is accurate, we don't accept returns on our PC downloads. To the point however, what is the issue you're experiencing, I'd like to know what we can do to fix it :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mikocouch']its $49.99 when you add it to cart.[/QUOTE]

=O And we would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for those inquisitive CAGsters.

[quote name='r9800pro']Any chance for Crysis 2 for $9.99 or less next week during that "big" EA sale ? :D[/QUOTE]

This keeps getting referenced as an "EA" sale. It isn't :). It will be a broad Spring Sale.

We don't have Crysis 2 slated (we wanted to save SOMETHING for later :)).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ACruncher']Bloody THQ blocked my credit card for making too many transactions in a short time. lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh dude I'm sorry :(.

I know some customers have been figuring out how much they're going to spend and buying gift cards in that amount so their CCs don't get jacked up.

FYI multi-product checkout is still something being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony

Was about to buy bulletstorm, but it seems GFWL is not available in my region... so maybe I'll grab DoW2 Retribution... I've only played the first DoW game (can you believe it?) and I sort of like the last standalone MP game... so, I don't know if I will like the game without having played the previous DoW... and there are too much DLC for the MP...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This keeps getting referenced as an "EA" sale. It isn't :). It will be a broad Spring Sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Did Alan Wake stumble his way into this...Spring Sale.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Did Alan Wake stumble his way into this...Spring Sale.[/QUOTE]

It has not yet. I will make sure to let you know if it does though :)

Cheers,
Tony

I suppose there's a method to the madness but the different percentages off of the base game and DLC is a little off-putting. An experiment in pricing, perhaps?

I happen to own pretty much all of the games listed and was going to pick up some DLC (hadn't paid much attention to the pricing until now) and now I think I'm going to pass. 25% off of DLC for a game running 50% off won't work for me.

I'm not whining - I just wanted to provide consumer feedback in the off chance it can somehow influence future sale decisions.

[quote name='hal']I suppose there's a method to the madness but the different percentages off of the base game and DLC is a little off-putting. An experiment in pricing, perhaps?

I happen to own pretty much all of the games listed and was going to pick up some DLC (hadn't paid much attention to the pricing until now) and now I think I'm going to pass. 25% off of DLC for a game running 50% off won't work for me.

I'm not whining - I just wanted to provide consumer feedback in the off chance it can somehow influence future sale decisions.[/QUOTE]

Screwed up DLC pricing is the norm for the game industry now.

Go check out Xbox Live - you can purchase and download the entire 7.5GBs of Gears of War 3 for $40. Or for $45 you can get 178KB worth of weapon skins for the same game with the Launch Weapon Skin Pack.

[quote name='Mugatu']Screwed up DLC pricing is the norm for the game industry now.

Go check out Xbox Live - you can purchase and download the entire 7.5GBs of Gears of War 3 for $40. Or for $45 you can get 178KB worth of weapon skins for the same game with the Launch Weapon Skin Pack.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak from experience about Xbox LIVE (don't have one), but it's fairly normal to run DLC at the same price as the base game on the major PC digital distributor platforms. The only exceptions tend to be the most recently released piece and even those eventually fall in line.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This keeps getting referenced as an "EA" sale. It isn't :). It will be a broad Spring Sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
When is that BIG Spring Sale beginning w/ some EA titles?
That DAO Ultimate + DA2 Bundle in insane - already got those games, though.

Waiting to see some sale/price-drops on Mass Effect 3 and BF3...
Oh, when's Alan Wake gonna hit a sale/price-drop? :p

[quote name='hal']I suppose there's a method to the madness but the different percentages off of the base game and DLC is a little off-putting. An experiment in pricing, perhaps?

I'm not whining - I just wanted to provide consumer feedback in the off chance it can somehow influence future sale decisions.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']Screwed up DLC pricing is the norm for the game industry now.

Go check out Xbox Live - you can purchase and download the entire 7.5GBs of Gears of War 3 for $40. Or for $45 you can get 178KB worth of weapon skins for the same game with the Launch Weapon Skin Pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']I can't speak from experience about Xbox LIVE (don't have one), but it's fairly normal to run DLC at the same price as the base game on the major PC digital distributor platforms. The only exceptions tend to be the most recently released piece and even those eventually fall in line.[/QUOTE]

Good questions, and I don't think you're whining at all. Basically, after looking at the last sale where we ran 66-75% off a ton of DLC we looked at how much interest there was (volume of sales on the DLC) vs. our costs (CS contacts, etc), and decided to try a different price point out.

We'll do this a few more times over the next few months to gauge response and get some good data, but I can tell you that early results point to the 25-50% off DLC being a better call. I'll keep you all posted though for sure.

[quote name='MysterD']When is that BIG Spring Sale beginning w/ some EA titles?
That DAO Ultimate + DA2 Bundle in insane - already got those games, though.

Waiting to see some sale/price-drops on Mass Effect 3 and BF3...
Oh, when's Alan Wake gonna hit a sale/price-drop? :p
[/QUOTE]

Not sure on Alan Wake, I haven't worked with those guys at all yet (we just got them on board). BF3 won't see this sale, but ME3 will see sale.

Kingdoms of Amalur will be $39.99, which I think will be appealing given how that game has performed so far :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good questions, and I don't think you're whining at all. Basically, after looking at the last sale where we ran 66-75% off a ton of DLC we looked at how much interest there was (volume of sales on the DLC) vs. our costs (CS contacts, etc), and decided to try a different price point out.

We'll do this a few more times over the next few months to gauge response and get some good data, but I can tell you that early results point to the 25-50% off DLC being a better call. I'll keep you all posted though for sure.

Not sure on Alan Wake, I haven't worked with those guys at all yet (we just got them on board). BF3 won't see this sale, but ME3 will see sale.

Kingdoms of Amalur will be $39.99, which I think will be appealing given how that game has performed so far :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I already got Amalur [base game] from you guys here....

Will KOA: Reckoning - Dead Kel DLC be on sale?
I'm missing that Amalur DLC...

[quote name='The Nephilim']When does that casual sale start again?[/QUOTE]

Thursday.

[quote name='MysterD']I already got Amalur [base game] from you guys here....

Will KOA: Reckoning - Dead Kel DLC be on sale?
I'm missing that Amalur DLC...[/QUOTE]

We don't have the DLC slotted for the sale, let me follow up though. Doubtful as it just came out recently. Stay tuned MysterD, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

We don't have the DLC slotted for the sale, let me follow up though. Doubtful as it just came out recently. Stay tuned MysterD, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Understandable since Dead Kel DLC it just came out recently - but figured I'd ask, anyways. ;)

Any idea what yet ME3 will run for?
Any idea will ME3 Regular Digital and Collector's Digital both be on sale?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Fine, even though Gamestop/Impulse has is for that price right now, since you've hooked us up with deals, I'll wait and grab it from Amazon.

We'll do this a few more times over the next few months to gauge response and get some good data, but I can tell you that early results point to the 25-50% off DLC being a better call. I'll keep you all posted though for sure.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably bite at 50% but it looks like it's all at 25%.

my copy of RFG wont actitvate for some reason. contacted ms and thq, nothing yet. so i was wondering if buying another copy would fix the issue. that`s why i asked about pc games being refundable.

In regards to Shogun 2 that I picked up two weeks ago and am now absolutely addicted... Would the Hattori Clan Pack be going on sale? Steam has the Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack and the Ikko Ikki Clan Pack which I'll have to probably suffer and pay full price for the DLC but I'd like to get the Hattori DLC with a break. Paying twice as much for DLC as the game on sale kinda hurts, any bit helps.

[quote name='yruluis']my copy of RFG wont actitvate for some reason. contacted ms and thq, nothing yet. so i was wondering if buying another copy would fix the issue. that`s why i asked about pc games being refundable.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to activate it on Steam? Because if you are, it won't ever work...it isn't a Steam activateable game. If it isn't activating at all and you can't play then you should contact CS via chat and they should get you a new key.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Are you trying to activate it on Steam? Because if you are, it won't ever work...it isn't a Steam activateable game. If it isn't activating at all and you can't play then you should contact CS via chat and they should get you a new key.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

RFG requires G4WL, last time I checked...

[quote name='MysterD']RFG requires G4WL, last time I checked...[/QUOTE]

I believe that is true. Like i said, if his game isn't activating we'll definitely get him a new key so he's good to go.

Cheers,
Tony

I just added the "Activates on Steam" to the OP for the titles i'm sure about. Note on Saint's Row 2, i'm about 99% sure on it...any comments?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='silentguitar12']Darksiders activates on steam[/QUOTE]

Well, to be more specific - Darksiders PC REQUIRES Steam period.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just added the "Activates on Steam" to the OP for the titles i'm sure about. Note on Saint's Row 2, i'm about 99% sure on it...any comments?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
There were some versions of SR2 that DID NOT use Steam, but instead ONLY used Securom.
For example - G4WL Version did so.

Most versions of SR2 PC required Steam, though.
My version of SR2 from retail requires Steam.

Not sure what the Amazon DVG version of SR2 PC uses, since I don't own it.
Anybody who bought SR2 PC from Amazon DVG know what it uses?

[quote name='MysterD']There were some versions of SR2 that DID NOT use Steam, but instead ONLY used Securom.
For example - G4WL Version did so.

Most versions of SR2 PC required Steam, though.
My version of SR2 from retail requires Steam.

Not sure what the Amazon DVG version of SR2 PC uses, since I don't own it.
Anybody who bought SR2 PC from Amazon DVG know what it uses?[/QUOTE]

Thx MysterD I've got an email into my tech team. I'm going to take down the "activates on steam" off the OP until I know for sure.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just added the "Activates on Steam" to the OP for the titles i'm sure about. Note on Saint's Row 2, i'm about 99% sure on it...any comments?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
MX vs ATV Reflex can be activated at steam as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back