Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the Men of War Assault Squad GOTY be activated on Steam?

Edit: Unfortunately, it can't :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sinned47']does binary domain on the pc have steamworks?[/QUOTE]

It can be activated on Steam, it says right there on the page on pretty much every digital distribution site and googling it gave the answer in about 2 seconds.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Well, I tried activating my key again and no dice. I still get the same error message I was getting before. I then tried the extra code EA gave me and that also did not work. So, sorry to be a stick in the mud, but it still doesn't activate. :cry:

Also, I received my code for Spore this Morning, and thanks! I have always wanted to try that game, and now I can![/QUOTE]

Send me a PM so we can get your Dragon Age issue sorted. I want to make sure it isn't widespread.

Thanks man and sorry again...not cool.

[quote name='RyonanGT']Hi Tony,
Will pre-purchase for Guild Wars 2 digital download available in Amazon soon?
I would prefer to get it from Amazon than other online stores... :)[/QUOTE]

I would prefer you get it from Amazon too! Right now I don't have a solid timeline for if/when we'll be distributing NCSoft games digitally so I can't give you a good gauge for when we'll have it up.

[quote name='sinned47']does binary domain on the pc have steamworks?[/QUOTE]

Yep sure does.

Also,

I updated the OP with individual links for each game in the 1C $5 BOGO sale.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Meatyflakes']Hmm, what's up with MOW : Vietnam? It's not available at the moment, and it's not in the OP anymore?[/QUOTE]

There's some internal debate about whether or not our build is the most up-to-date. Given the posts I've been seeing (some a few posts up). I've asked our OPS team to re-QA it to make sure there aren't any issues.

We'll put it back up if it passes QA again, I'd rather not sell the product than have people receiving a negative experience with our download/install process.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='renhoelder']It can be activated on Steam, it says right there on the page on pretty much every digital distribution site and googling it gave the answer in about 2 seconds.[/QUOTE]

While I realize you are trying to get the OP to do his own work, activating on Steam != Steamworks, just to be technical. It looks like Binary D does indeed have all the trimmings, though.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']While I realize you are trying to get the OP to do his own work, activating on Steam != Steamworks, just to be technical. It looks like Binary D does indeed have all the trimmings, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by "get the OP to do his own work"...the BD offer wasn't even in the OP...

Cheers,
Tony

Those are some really nice deals on the BOGO games. King's Bounty Platinum, Penumbra Collection, and Cryostasis are all definitely worth taking a look at for that price. Now I just need to figure out what other game to get with King's Bounty since I already own the other two...

Is there really a reason to have the original King's Bounty, King's Bounty GOTY, King's Bounty Armored Princess, and King's Bounty Crossroads on the list though when all of them are included in the Platinum collection though?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure what you mean by "get the OP to do his own work"...the BD offer wasn't even in the OP...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think he meant, that I wanted the person to take the 2 seconds it took to find the answer himself, by which he is right. I don't understand why you would post a question you could have googled yourself, I have no quarrels about more elaborate questions but this one had the answer literally in the first link. Sorry if I came over harsh, still hanging over :)

And yes activates on Steam doesn't equal Steamworks, but the part about finding the answer yourself still applies

[quote name='Edge']Those are some really nice deals on the BOGO games. King's Bounty Platinum, Penumbra Collection, and Cryostasis are all definitely worth taking a look at for that price. Now I just need to figure out what other game to get with King's Bounty since I already own the other two...

Is there really a reason to have the original King's Bounty, King's Bounty GOTY, King's Bounty Armored Princess, and King's Bounty Crossroads on the list though when all of them are included in the Platinum collection though?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I did this before with a different publisher's titles (had a huge sale on pretty much the entire catalog) and didn't include the non GOTY/plat and i had like 20-30 people PM/email me from various forums asking for the base games and DLC packs to be on sale because they had the other component parts through other sources.

It was/is baffling to me but I didn't want to respond to those people with "too bad", so I included all of the component parts in this sale.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='renhoelder']I think he meant, that I wanted the person to take the 2 seconds it took to find the answer himself, by which he is right. I don't understand why you would post a question you could have googled yourself, I have no quarrels about more elaborate questions but this one had the answer literally in the first link. Sorry if I came over harsh, still hanging over :)

And yes activates on Steam doesn't equal Steamworks, but the part about finding the answer yourself still applies[/QUOTE]

I got it, I thought he was referencing my OP and thought to myself "oh man, what did I leave out?".

I posted a pre-order update (as much info as i have) in the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Send me a PM so we can get your Dragon Age issue sorted. I want to make sure it isn't widespread.

Thanks man and sorry again...not cool.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I PMed you. I look forward to hearing back!

[quote name='thegreatest']Hey Tony,

Anything on a Bioshock 2 (Would it be Steamworks?) or Red Orchestra 2 (Do you have the digital download?) sales?[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 I believe is GFWL. I bought it on Steam and I still have to login to GFWL to play it. *sigh* In fact, the DLC I had to buy on GFWL because you can't get it on Steam or elsewhere.

[quote name='Motoki']Bioshock 2 I believe is GFWL. I bought it on Steam and I still have to login to GFWL to play it. *sigh* In fact, the DLC I had to buy on GFWL because you can't get it on Steam or elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 flat-out requires Microsoft's G4WL no matter where you buy the game.

[quote name='MysterD']Bioshock 2 flat-out requires Microsoft's G4WL no matter where you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And when I did a little more searching around, it seems that there is also a Securom component with a limited number of activations on top of the GFWL DRM. There's a whole slew of 1 star reviews for it on Amazon because of that. I'm not sure if that still applies to the Amazon DD version though or just retail.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Yeah sorry Tony, poor referencing on my part. I'm sure the actual OP is flawless :D[/QUOTE]

No worries man, I thought I'd listed something incorrectly and was like "OH NOES!

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Any word yet on Dawn of Magic 2's DRM Scheme?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting to hear back from either my OPS team or 1C on this, stay tuned.

[quote name='thegreatest']Hey Tony,

Anything on a Bioshock 2 (Would it be Steamworks?) or Red Orchestra 2 (Do you have the digital download?) sales?[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Bioshock 2 will be on sale in May, we still don't carry Tripwire (RO2) products, but when we do I'll let you know :).

[quote name='Motoki']Bioshock 2 I believe is GFWL. I bought it on Steam and I still have to login to GFWL to play it. *sigh* In fact, the DLC I had to buy on GFWL because you can't get it on Steam or elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Bioshock 2 flat-out requires Microsoft's G4WL no matter where you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Yep. And when I did a little more searching around, it seems that there is also a Securom component with a limited number of activations on top of the GFWL DRM. There's a whole slew of 1 star reviews for it on Amazon because of that. I'm not sure if that still applies to the Amazon DD version though or just retail.[/QUOTE]

You'll note the majority of those 1 star reviews refer to the DVD-Rom version of the game and complain about activation limits. Reviews like these are why we have our key re-issue policy, making activation limits a moot point. We can't control what kind of DRM directly (although we're doing a better job of proving out DRM free as the way to go), but we can control how we handle our customer experience with things like activation limits.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Are any of the King's Bounty games redeemable on Steam? The price is really nice but I was hoping to get a couple of copies and sent one set of keys as a gift.[/QUOTE]

They aren't Steam compatible. Sorry man!

[quote name='Tancred']Meh sale at best.

Just a few days ago, GamersGate sold the 1C complete pack for $20. That's 87 games for just $20.[/QUOTE]

Sorry this sale isn't for you Tancred. Hopefully the next one is something you're more excited about.

Cheers,
Tony

I also bought the 1C pack from Gamersgate last week. From the little that I've checked, I can't see a single game that I don't already own. Has anybody been able to see any games that Amazon has that wasn't in the Gamersgate pack?

[quote name='The End']I also bought the 1C pack from Gamersgate last week. From the little that I've checked, I can't see a single game that I don't already own. Has anybody been able to see any games that Amazon has that wasn't in the Gamersgate pack?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see Dawn of Magic 2 [AKA Time of Shadows] in the Gamersgate 1C Collection pack.
Amazon DVG has that Dawn of Magic 2 (Time of Shadows) in this 1C Sale.

Most places in USA published Dawn of Magic 2 as Time Of Shadows here [probably b/c it had different publisher outside of USA].
I think Kalypso published it in USA most places, not 1C.

EDIT:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm waiting to hear back from either my OPS team or 1C on this, stay tuned.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Appreciate it.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for when you let us know what DRM is on Dawn of Magic 2.

[quote name='Tancred']Meh sale at best.

Just a few days ago, GamersGate sold the 1C complete pack for $20. That's 87 games for just $20.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that sale existed... I would've picked it up in a heartbeat. I already have the whole King's Bounty series (and completely recommend it), so here I'm only looking at the two mentioned above, Cryotasis and the Penumbra Collection. But for $15 more, I sure would've taken all the rest!

When I look at that list and see (effectively) games for $2.50, I still don't see much worthwhile. Now, before anyone says "it's just $2.50", let me point at the sign at the top of the page - "CAG". For $2.50, I can buy HOARD and all of its DLC on sale and it's a quality game. A lot of 1C stuff appears to me to be borderline shovelware (no insult intended to the thread host).

Aside from, say, King's Bounty Platinum and the Penumbra collection... are there any games in this list of real value? Something that provides a unique experience? I look at games like Men of War and, though I love RTS games, can't help but notice that Dawn of War, Supreme Commander, Command & Conquer, StarCraft, and Company of Heroes sort of already have that genre covered in my library.

Right now I'm thinking that 80 1C games for $20 had the pricing just about right. Can anyone recommend something that really stands out? I'd probably give King's Bounty a try, but I have Penumbra already. I'd love to have a game on which to spend that credit if I buy!

[quote name='hal']When I look at that list and see (effectively) games for $2.50, I still don't see much worthwhile. Now, before anyone says "it's just $2.50", let me point at the sign at the top of the page - "CAG". For $2.50, I can buy HOARD and all of its DLC on sale and it's a quality game. A lot of 1C stuff appears to me to be borderline shovelware (no insult intended to the thread host).

Aside from, say, King's Bounty Platinum and the Penumbra collection... are there any games in this list of real value? Something that provides a unique experience? I look at games like Men of War and, though I love RTS games, can't help but notice that Dawn of War, Supreme Commander, Command & Conquer, StarCraft, and Company of Heroes sort of already have that genre covered in my library.

Right now I'm thinking that 80 1C games for $20 had the pricing just about right. Can anyone recommend something that really stands out? I'd probably give King's Bounty a try, but I have Penumbra already. I'd love to have a game on which to spend that credit if I buy![/QUOTE]

I see no problem with the sale. I understand it's a "CAG" forum, but I think at times people expect too much. I applaud Tony for the deals and won't gripe at any deals he is providing us. Remember, your not forced to buy anything.....

As a side note, I'm thinking: Penumbra, NecroVision and possibly Kinds Bounty Collection [leaving me with 1 BOGO game I haven't yet decided on].

I'm not griping at any deals. I'm sort of looking for a worthy game to purchase alongside King's Bounty.

Besides, I'm within my rights to politely say that lots of these games don't appeal to me. I am Amazon's customer. Looking at it from a value perspective I see other games at similar prices with higher production values and more lasting appeal for me personally.

Tony's a smart dude and I think he understands I'm not raining on the parade. I'm just being a consumer pushing for the best value I can get. I totally dig what he's doing and every sale can't be a personal homerun.

Thanks for replying about the lack of Steam activation. Even though I would prefer them on Steam, I may try this just to see how Amazon's downloadable games are. I have been a customer for a while but have never really used the PC downloads (outside of activating Amazon purchases on Steam). Now I just need a game to get besides the King's Bounty series.

[quote name='hal']When I look at that list and see (effectively) games for $2.50, I still don't see much worthwhile. Now, before anyone says "it's just $2.50", let me point at the sign at the top of the page - "CAG". For $2.50, I can buy HOARD and all of its DLC on sale and it's a quality game. A lot of 1C stuff appears to me to be borderline shovelware (no insult intended to the thread host).

Right now I'm thinking that 80 1C games for $20 had the pricing just about right. Can anyone recommend something that really stands out? I'd probably give King's Bounty a try, but I have Penumbra already. I'd love to have a game on which to spend that credit if I buy![/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I see no problem with the sale. I understand it's a "CAG" forum, but I think at times people expect too much. I applaud Tony for the deals and won't gripe at any deals he is providing us. Remember, your not forced to buy anything.....

As a side note, I'm thinking: Penumbra, NecroVision and possibly Kinds Bounty Collection [leaving me with 1 BOGO game I haven't yet decided on].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']I'm not griping at any deals. I'm sort of looking for a worthy game to purchase alongside King's Bounty.

Besides, I'm within my rights to politely say that lots of these games don't appeal to me. I am Amazon's customer. Looking at it from a value perspective I see other games at similar prices with higher production values and more lasting appeal for me personally.

Tony's a smart dude and I think he understands I'm not raining on the parade. I'm just being a consumer pushing for the best value I can get. I totally dig what he's doing and every sale can't be a personal homerun.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Yeah no worries, I hear what you're saying. I've got 52 weeks to fill out a Deal of the Week calendar, and I will tell you frankly I look at 3 things primarily when I build out these deals:

1. Quality of titles in sale (determined by my personal knowledge of the industry, star reviews, critical reviews, and your feedback).
2. Current sale velocity
3. Past sales velocity when applicable

When I have an opportunity to drive sales around a huge franchise at a great price point, like last week with the BF series, then it is easier to just pick a killer price point and turn the marketing engine on. During weeks like this one, where we need to support the same goals we have for the deal of the week program, I try and put a TON of stuff from a publisher in the deal and incent people to buy more units (through a BOGO or a killer bundle).

We've seen that bundles at >$15 don't do well for us, so I shied away from that with this sale and went for a lower a la carte price for those who only want to spend $5.

If I thought we'd be able to drive more units/excitement/revenue out of a $20, 80 game bundle, even though I didn't know this ran on GG, I would have suggested it. I can tell you though, that just today's sales already outperform what we've seen a $20 bundle of all of these titles do in the past.

Just giving you some insight, I agree the $20 bundle looks like an awesome deal, and I'm sure that relatively speaking, many people purchased it. Our customers haven't shown us that this is the better route for us to take though.

**Edit** I didn't explicitly say this, so I will in my edit, I didn't take your feedback as personal or an attack. Just letting you know where we are coming from.

Totally on board. I passed on the gg collection last week because I didn't want to spend the money for dozens and dozens of games I'll never play. This lets me grab two (more) I want for a perfectly reasonable cost.

Hey Tony, is there any reason that people outside of the US can't buy DD games from Amazon? I just saw this post in the Gamersgate thread and I though to myself "man, that's a shame". Perhaps I could understand it if he lived in Russia or china, but he lives in Canada.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, and I'm sorry to make you answer it again, but it's a long thread (even longer if you count the first Amazon dvg thread) and I'm just not up to searching though it for the answer.

[quote name='inm8num2']Why are people complaining? These weekly sales are great and have something for everybody.[/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining, but I am looking for a unique, high quality title to buy along with King's Bounty Platinum (already have Penumbra). Any suggestions?

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, is there any reason that people outside of the US can't buy DD games from Amazon? I just saw this post in the Gamersgate thread and I though to myself "man, that's a shame". Perhaps I could understand it if he lived in Russia or china, but he lives in Canada.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, and I'm sorry to make you answer it again, but it's a long thread (even longer if you count the first Amazon dvg thread) and I'm just not up to searching though it for the answer.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just licensing issues, just like how we're not supposed to be buying steam games sold in other countries. A ton of people from the Jane Jensen kickstarter couldn't buy Gray Matter because they were overseas.

I'm liking the BOGO - But I do agree with a previous poster that much of the 1C titles appear to be throw aways. However having gone through two weeks of purchase withdrawl, I'm glad I can find some stuff to buy!

Our home was a happier home today...

Any comments on world war 1 game? Also, coming from heroes V, the king's bounty units seem a bit cartoonish? Any comments from heroes fans?

On the 80+ game pack - I can only imagine the chaos in my amazon download page with that many games - it's already a bit messy with 50+ games. Tony, consider this the weekly reminder that a better game/download organizer would be appreciated! ;)

Got Kings Bounty Platinum and Konung 3. Yeah they might be meh at best but i have spent more than that on things less entertaining so what the hell.

[quote name='hal']I'm not complaining, but I am looking for a unique, high quality title to buy along with King's Bounty Platinum (already have Penumbra). Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find anything that fits that bill for you since your expectations are a bit excessive, but games like Crystasis and Necrovision have their fans. UFO series, Space Rangers, etc. Maybe one of those will appeal to you.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think it's just licensing issues, just like how we're not supposed to be buying steam games sold in other countries. A ton of people from the Jane Jensen kickstarter couldn't buy Gray Matter because they were overseas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the whole international thing is really complicated. I think people also need to realize that Amazon is setup differently than Steam or Gamersgate and that the Amazon stores in various countries really are like wholly separate divisions. I think what ultimately needs to happen is not for Amazon US to sell to other countries but rather for Amazon UK and Amazon Germany etc to get their own digital downloads stores going if they feel there is enough of a demand for that in those countries. I would assume it's something they have and will continue to look into and that when they feel it's worth it and they have the infrastructure for such a thing they'll do it.

I know a lot of people get really upset over this issue and feel personally offended like their country is intentionally being excluded, but there are different laws and regulations about who can publish and sell what in each individual country. Just because you have internet access doesn't necessarily mean that any store in the world is setup to sell all their items, virtual or otherwise, to you. Even in the cases where digital download stores do sell to multiple countries then people frequently get angry over price differences and why games in country X cost more than country Y.

I don't presume to have all the answers but I know the whole thing is really complicated and I don't think it's as simple as some store not wanting to sell to a particular country or intentionally wanted to charge them more etc.

Nothing in here for me...I'd get King's Bounty but I've nothing to pair it with, I'm kicking myself for picking up Penumbra collection last month. :(

Can anyone point out something else in this list with a metacritic about a 70-75?

Thanks anyway, though, Tony!

Anyone have some suggestions for a second title after the King's Bounty games? I usually prefer games I can use a controller on (yeah, I know....PC gaming uses keyboard + mouse). Something RPGish and good would be worth looking into as would packages of games but I am not sure what.

so besides deals on existing games, (which tbh these lower budget games dont interest some of us who are more tight on time than money) when are you planning on adding preorders on downloads?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't think you'll find anything that fits that bill for you since your expectations are a bit excessive, but games like Crystasis and Necrovision have their fans. UFO series, Space Rangers, etc. Maybe one of those will appeal to you.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they are excessive at all! I'm simply looking for a game as highly regarded as King's Bounty or Penumbra. Don't forget that we're paying ten times the price per game you paid with that bundle. ;)

All the same, thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those a bit further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back