Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='inm8num2']I guess people haven't heard of spreadsheets.

Add a game and the place from where you bought it whenever you make a purchase. Then you don't have to remember anything and can easily have everything in one place.

Are people this spoiled by Steam?[/QUOTE]
you would be surprised. I find it hilarious. "Oh I cant keep track of all my games if they arent the same place" LOL funny since you can add non-steam games to it

[quote name='Larce80']you would be surprised. I find it hilarious. "Oh I cant keep track of all my games if they arent the same place" LOL funny since you can add non-steam games to it[/QUOTE]

Yes you can add non steam games to it, I don't care about launching my games from steam, I care about ease of patching and Redownloading and not having to deal with a spreadsheet. I have over 350 games on steam alone, I personally don't feel like having a spreadsheet, saying this ones from gg, this one gmg, gamefly, GameStop, nuuevem, best buy, amazon, get games go, etc...like I said to each his own....the only reason this even came up is because amazon was going to offer divinity 2 with a steam key, and drm free....I'd prefer steam and thought it would be cool if they could get steam keys for some othe games, I don't wantf your precious drm free titles to disappear, just another buying option that benefits those who would rather the game me on steam.
I should have never said anything, I kind of figured it would turn into a drm dick swinging discussion.

Tony, about the DRM on the Game of Thrones RPG. Can you absolutely confirm for sure that they are NOT putting the Act Control DRM on top of the Steam version? Because they have done that for their other recent games like Confrontation and they also released their previous GoT Strategy game last year with Steamworks AND additional DRM both.

I appreciate what you are doing there with that game but I don't see a whole lot of point to it unless Focus Home Interactive is going to be reasonable and release their Steam versions without additional DRM. Based on past experience with them, this is not what they have been doing recently.

[quote name='smurfinaus']When are the may sales starting?[/QUOTE]

Next week :).

[quote name='Motoki']Tony, about the DRM on the Game of Thrones RPG. Can you absolutely confirm for sure that they are NOT put the Act Control DRM on top of the Steam version? Because they have done that for their other recent games like Confrontation and they also released their previous GoT Strategy game last year with Steamworks AND additional DRM both.

I appreciate what you are doing there with that game but I don't see a whole lot of point to it unless Focus Home Interactive is going to be reasonable and release their Steam versions without additional DRM. Based on past experience with them, this is not what they have been doing recently.[/QUOTE]

I need to ask about this, I have no idea right now. Stay tuned.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Any update on Arma2? I'm weak and may buckle before a sale pops up. Every video I watch makes me want it for DayZ more.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to hear back. Give me until Wednesday to get a response then give me a virtual nudge me again :).

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, Amazon, you sultry temptress. Just when I think I'll take a break, you take another $10 from me.

EDIT: As far as the multiple games from multiple sources discussion goes... I keep a list of all my keys and where I got them in a secure note in LastPass. That way I always have access to the list.

I broke down and bought the Oh So Fine Bundle. I don't know when I'll have a chance to play them but just adding the 3 steam keys to my back catalog made me feel better for some reason.

re: Whether the Game of Thrones RPG from Focus Home Interactive has additional DRM on to of the Steam version

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I need to ask about this, I have no idea right now. Stay tuned.
[/QUOTE]

On a related note, when Amazon sells a Steam key to a game that once installed on Steam has additional DRM with activation limits are you still able to provide a new (Steam) key if we buy from Amazon and run out of activations?

I know that issuing new keys for games that run out of activations due to 3rd party DRM is not something that Valve normally does, at least not when you buy directly through Steam.

To be honest, I am not even sure how that would work even if Amazon issues a new Steam key. I think according to Steam itself it would still show the game as purchased in your account but then the 3rd party DRM might not let it run anyhow? If you tried to add a new Steam key for the game I think Steam might say you already own it. The whole thing is very messy in those situations.

If you do talk to someone from Focus and they say the Steam version of the GoT RPG does have additional DRM perhaps you could gently suggest that Steam is a form of DRM and it's unncessary to add addtional DRM on top of it? I don't know if they don't get that or they just don't care but I think forcing people to double or triple dip on DRM is really consumer unfriendly and not a good way to go. I have a personal policy of not buying games on Steam with additional 3rd party DRM and I know other people who feel the same.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Have you gotten word on the divinity 2 steam keys and if they'll make it in the mayhem sale?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten any additional word yet, the last note I received was "we're working on this for you" to which I responded with, "I will buy you dinner at E3 if you make it happen before MAYhem". I'm hopeful though as the conversations have all been positive.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Oh, Amazon, you sultry temptress. Just when I think I'll take a break, you take another $10 from me.

EDIT: As far as the multiple games from multiple sources discussion goes... I keep a list of all my keys and where I got them in a secure note in LastPass. That way I always have access to the list.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deadpool253']I broke down and bought the Oh So Fine Bundle. I don't know when I'll have a chance to play them but just adding the 3 steam keys to my back catalog made me feel better for some reason.[/QUOTE]

:) Glad we could help feed the addiction!

[quote name='Motoki']re: Whether the Game of Thrones RPG from Focus Home Interactive has additional DRM on to of the Steam version

On a related note, when Amazon sells a Steam key to a game that once installed on Steam has additional DRM with activation limits are you still able to provide a new (Steam) key if we buy from Amazon and run out of activations?

I know that issuing new keys for games that run out of activations due to 3rd party DRM is not something that Valve normally does, at least not when you buy directly through Steam.

To be honest, I am not even sure how that would work even if Amazon issues a new Steam key. I think according to Steam itself it would still show the game as purchased in your account but then the 3rd party DRM might not let it run anyhow? If you tried to add a new Steam key for the game I think Steam might say you already own it. The whole thing is very messy in those situations.

If you do talk to someone from Focus and they say the Steam version of the GoT RPG does have additional DRM perhaps you could gently suggest that Steam is a form of DRM and it's unncessary to add addtional DRM on top of it? I don't know if they don't get that or they just don't care but I think forcing people to double or triple dip on DRM is really consumer unfriendly and not a good way to go. I have a personal policy of not buying games on Steam with additional 3rd party DRM and I know other people who feel the same.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, however DRM decisions are completely up to the publisher. I provide quantifiable data supporting what we've found related to customer choice in DRM and I have a chart that stack ranks sales performance based on DRM choice. Sometimes I'm able to make headway, other times I'm not. Honestly a big part of the conversation always comes down to "how is this going to affect my sales?". I have a battery of anecdotal feedback (forum posts/emails) like this, but without sales data to back it up it is just that, anecdotal.

We've had a lot of success with our DRM -free promotions, and I hope to continue using that data to drive these types of conversations.

Cheers,
Tony

Just heard back the Steam version of AGOT will still use Actcontrol ( :( ) and we should have Divinity DKS Steam Keys in time for the MAYhem sale ( :) ).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just heard back the Steam version of AGOT will still use Actcontrol ( :( ) and we should have Divinity DKS Steam Keys in time for the MAYhem sale ( :) ).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I know you like DRM, so let me give you some DRM with your DRM. Or something like that. :)

Keep fighting the good fight, Tony. I think most people understand the need for developers to protect their assets, but doing so at the expense of the consumer costs sales in the end. I'm looking forward to more Amazon no-DRM sales.

Tony hopefully you will be able to contact other publishers or *people* to add Steam keys with purchases.Maybe Ubisoft(Like Anno 2070) and Kalypso(Tropico 4!!) games? :D

Steam keys ALL THE THINGS!

best buy download seems to have Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for $4.99 - can't seem to find it on Amazon. Tony do you think we'll get this on Amazon?

has anyone bought from BB download? I wonder if it activates on steam.

[quote name='CheapThomas']best buy download seems to have Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for $4.99 - can't seem to find it on Amazon. Tony do you think we'll get this on Amazon?

has anyone bought from BB download? I wonder if it activates on steam.[/QUOTE]
It's GFWL

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just heard back the Steam version of AGOT will still use Actcontrol ( :( ) and we should have Divinity DKS Steam Keys in time for the MAYhem sale ( :) ).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Thanks for checking. I suspected as much. Focus is just going to get put onto my sh...err, ignore list like a couple other publishers due to ridiculous DRM requirements. Their loss.

You should probably try and make sure that gets noted on the Amazon page that the Steam version uses both DRM. I bought their previous GoT strategy game that was Steamworks DRM and was very annoyed to find out after purchase about the additional 3rd party DRM.

Anyway, I will be on the lookout of Divinty II and I know that the additional DRM has been patched out of the Steam version of that game.

[quote name='Fatdude']Tony hopefully you will be able to contact other publishers or *people* to add Steam keys with purchases.Maybe Ubisoft(Like Anno 2070) and Kalypso(Tropico 4!!) games? :D

Steam keys ALL THE THINGS![/QUOTE]

Ubisoft is one of the others on my sh... ignore list. They, like Focus, add additional 3rd party DRM with activation limits on top of the Steam version of their games.

I'm also not convinced that Amazon can succesfully address a lock out due to activation limits in such cases because it seems to me you'd have Steam saying you already own the game (thus not accepting a new key) but the 3rd party DRM refusing to let you run it.

As much as I want more Steam keys on Amazon I will pass on these and people should be aware that they will be getting double and in some cases triple DRM.

Kalypso should be fine though. AFAIK they just do a simple one time activation via their servers with Tropico and such.

I apologize for making such a big stink out of this multiple DRM issue, but I feel like it's a case where the consumer might not be fully aware of what they are getting and the restrictions involved. With games that activate on Steam, nearly all are Steamworks and only Steamworks as their DRM so it seemed like a fairly safe assumption but apparently that's not the case 100% of the time.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That means that those who bought Divinity II DKS from amazon few months ago will receive a CD key to activate it on Steam?

[quote name='CheapThomas']best buy download seems to have Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for $4.99 - can't seem to find it on Amazon. Tony do you think we'll get this on Amazon?

I hope so, not sure where they are o nit though.

[quote name='Motoki']*sigh* Thanks for checking. I suspected as much. Focus is just going to get put onto my sh...err, ignore list like a couple other publishers due to ridiculous DRM requirements. Their loss.

You should probably try and make sure that gets noted on the Amazon page that the Steam version uses both DRM. I bought their previous GoT strategy game that was Steamworks DRM and was very annoyed to find out after purchase about the additional 3rd party DRM.

Anyway, I will be on the lookout of Divinty II and I know that the additional DRM has been patched out of the Steam version of that game.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I'll work with the OPS guys to figure out how to display this on the page.

In other news, we now have an attribute (on the backend) which allows me to populate a value for DRM solution! This means we're 30-60 days (prays fervently) from a customer facing feature on the top of the page for products that will describe the DRM solution, as well as the ability to filter by DRM solution on the site :).

[quote name='ruuin']That means that those who bought Divinity II DKS from amazon few months ago will receive a CD key to activate it on Steam?[/QUOTE]

It does not, we looked into this solution but our system does some checking on the back end and there are 3-4 major blockers technically stopping from doing this namely:

1. We can't associate a Key with something that is DRM free
2. We don't have a steam build to distribute, only keys (same as the Double Fine games)
3. We can't associate the wrong keytype with a build, so even if we applied some other sort of DRM to the DRM free version we couldn't associate the Steam keys with it

[quote name='Darker']I thought Ubisoft were starting to take DRM off all their games?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard this, we've worked with them to get some unprotected versions of their games, but I'm not aware of a larger effort to remove DRM in general.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Motoki']Ubisoft is one of the others on my sh... ignore list. They, like Focus, add additional 3rd party DRM with activation limits on top of the Steam version of their games.

I'm also not convinced that Amazon can succesfully address a lock out due to activation limits in such cases because it seems to me you'd have Steam saying you already own the game (thus not accepting a new key) but the 3rd party DRM refusing to let you run it.

As much as I want more Steam keys on Amazon I will pass on these and people should be aware that they will be getting double and in some cases triple DRM.

Kalypso should be fine though. AFAIK they just do a simple one time activation via their servers with Tropico and such.

I apologize for making such a big stink out of this multiple DRM issue, but I feel like it's a case where the consumer might not be fully aware of what they are getting and the restrictions involved. With games that activate on Steam, nearly all are Steamworks and only Steamworks as their DRM so it seemed like a fairly safe assumption but apparently that's not the case 100% of the time.[/QUOTE]

I'm struggling to understand how re-issuing a key wouldn't solve the issue if you run out activations?

The way I understand it, once you run out of activation limits you no longer receive the "you already own this game message" because you are then able to re-buy it to get more activations...rather than have the customer rebuy it we just issue a new key.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I hope so, not sure where they are o nit though.[/QUOTE]
Wait....are WB Games coming to Amazon soon?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It does not, we looked into this solution but our system does some checking on the back end and there are 3-4 major blockers technically stopping from doing this namely:

1. We can't associate a Key with something that is DRM free
2. We don't have a steam build to distribute, only keys (same as the Double Fine games)
3. We can't associate the wrong keytype with a build, so even if we applied some other sort of DRM to the DRM free version we couldn't associate the Steam keys with it

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I know you guys have created BUNDLES which have multiple different products in them before, so...
What about selling A BUNDLE w/ BOTH the Steam version and Non-Steam version?

[quote name='MysterD']Wait....are WB Games coming to Amazon soon?
[/QUOTE]

Not anytime relatively soon, I know we're in conversation but not sure where.

[quote name='MysterD']
I know you guys have created BUNDLES which have multiple different products in them before, so...
What about selling A BUNDLE w/ BOTH the Steam version and Non-Steam version?[/QUOTE]

We thought about that too, and this is a bit more depth than I wanted to get into but what you'll notice about our bundles is they are either 100% "Online Game Codes", like the current Double Fine bundle, or 100% builds with codes (meaning there are binaries you could download from us if you wanted to).

In this case, and many of the cases where we'll start carrying DRM free/Non-Steam DRM versions of games AND Steam versions, the Steam versions will simply be online game codes (or Steam keys), which we can't bundle with anything we're distributing with binaries. I'm unsure why this is, it has something to do with how our bundle technology code was written.

I also know, in some cases there is a DRM fee for publishers. I have 0 visibility into what this is because I've never managed one of those relationships. In the event that, eventually we have both a DRM free build and a Steam-build, I doubt they'd be cool with us distributing both in 1 transaction and driving a cost for them for customers who are buying the DRM free version with no intention of using Steam.

The first paragraph is a solid answer, the second is one I'm speculating on because we haven't had a use case where I've been in a position to pose the question to the publisher. Once we have one I'll do so and let you know what they think (assuming I can).

Cheers,
Tony

@TONY

Oooh, I never noticed that your bundles work the same [100% game codes or 100% builds w/ codes]...all very interesting stuff.
I should pay attention more so, I guess, hehe.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

Oooh, I never noticed that your bundles work the same [100% game codes or 100% builds w/ codes]...all very interesting stuff.
I should pay attention more so, I guess, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no worries, if you didn't notice it means we're doing our job and creating a good, seamless experience where you can just buy what you want :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Darker']It's GFWL[/QUOTE]

And SecuROM. Two layers of DRM, even before Steam comes into play.

If the Best Buy version doesn't have SecuROM, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. But if Steam can't prevail upon WB/Rocksteady to remove the DRM from a two-year-old GOTY version of a three-year-old game, I seriously doubt Best Buy has the muscle.

---------
EDIT: Looks like Best Buy is providing downloadable games through GameTap. And if this line of text is any indication, SecuROM isn't the limiting factor in a GameTap purchase:

Unlimited play. Install on 1 PC

That makes SecuROM's 4-lifetime-install limit sound positively gregarious.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']And SecuROM. Two layers of DRM, even before Steam comes into play.

If the Best Buy version doesn't have SecuROM, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. But if Steam can't prevail upon WB/Rocksteady to remove the DRM from a two-year-old GOTY version of a three-year-old game, I seriously doubt Best Buy has the muscle.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a BUNCH of problems w/ this whole scenario.

One problem here is Valve [kind of] FORCES Steam DRM on top of any game sold over there, when in fact the game uses some other services and DRM [G4WL and Securom, in this case].
We don't see GameStop PC App [formerly Stardock Impulse] forcing itself to run a game that uses other 3rd party stuff, do we?

Then again, most G4WL games you buy from Steam [i.e. RFG, GTA4], you can actually BOOT the game up right from out of the actual game-folder w/out booting Steam up, anyways..once you got the game downloaded from Steam, of course! It's easiest to make a shortcut from off the EXE in the game-folder, if you're trying to avoid even more multiple layers here [Steam, G4WL, and Securom].

Honestly, if a game requires G4WL, it don't need Securom. G4WL is DRM itself, since you can tie games to your Microsoft G4WL account.

Another problem is the dev's and publishers. Seriously, if a game is being sold on Steam, since Steam DRM FORCES itself on games sold over Steam for DRM [for the most part], the dev's and publishers should NOT be lazy here. The dev's and publishers should DISABLE the Non-Steam DRM [i.e. Securom, Tages, etc]. I'm betting in many cases, they take the version that has some other DRM already wrapped about it - and then for the Steam version, they then wrap the extra Steam DRM on top of what they already have. Seriously...WTH?

[quote name='Corpekata']Just because I'm behind, in the OP it says Darksiders is going through Monday, does that mean today or next Monday?[/QUOTE]

3.5 more hours.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']3.5 more hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Dang, I just paid about $18 for the xBox version of Psychonauts....

Is the thread glitching again? It's showing there's a page 117, however when I click it, it brings this one back up. Of course this post might make an actual 117, but..yeah you get what I'm saying.

Update: yep SOB made an actual 117. :/

[quote name='Mac the Geek']And SecuROM. Two layers of DRM, even before Steam comes into play.

If the Best Buy version doesn't have SecuROM, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. But if Steam can't prevail upon WB/Rocksteady to remove the DRM from a two-year-old GOTY version of a three-year-old game, I seriously doubt Best Buy has the muscle.

---------
EDIT: Looks like Best Buy is providing downloadable games through GameTap. And if this line of text is any indication, SecuROM isn't the limiting factor in a GameTap purchase:

That makes SecuROM's 4-lifetime-install limit sound positively gregarious.[/QUOTE]

so eh.. does it mean I can potentially eliminate the Securom DRm and the Steam DRM if I buy Batman AC GOTY from Bestbuy? I prefer to go in a game with the least amount of DRM as possible.

How does a GFWL game work though? Can I use the key to download and activate the game like I did with Steam game ?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Is the thread glitching again? It's showing there's a page 117, however when I click it, it brings this one back up. Of course this post might make an actual 117, but..yeah you get what I'm saying.

Update: yep SOB made an actual 117. :/[/QUOTE]

they start doing that when the post count gets up there... steam thread turns into a disaster during the big event sales.

[quote name='houdinilogic']they start doing that when the post count gets up there... steam thread turns into a disaster during the big event sales.[/QUOTE]

It's when off topic posts get deleted, the page count stays even though the posts are gone.

Are we seriously getting to the point of a new thread again? Tony must have been full of good deals the last month or so. Thanks for all the hard work! :applause:

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's when off topic posts get deleted, the page count stays even though the posts are gone.[/QUOTE]

Now that makes sense, Thank You Sir, You may accept your cookie at the front desk.

Guys...I JUST bought Psychonauts when it was 2 (or 3, can't remember) bucks a few days ago... now it's part of the bundle!

Is there any way for me to get the bundle without having to pay for Psychonauts a second time? Should I try contacting Amazon customer service and see if something can be worked out?

[quote name='solarnoise']Guys...I JUST bought Psychonauts when it was 2 (or 3, can't remember) bucks a few days ago... now it's part of the bundle!

Is there any way for me to get the bundle without having to pay for Psychonauts a second time? Should I try contacting Amazon customer service and see if something can be worked out?[/QUOTE]

it was already in the bundle when you bought Psychonauts ;)

So its not possible to get bundles with DRM free + Steam key?What if you sell games alone DRM free and same game as Online Code as in Steam Cdkey only?You will list the game twice in your store which is more work for you but this adds a interesting thing you can follow: Which one sells better?If steam keys sell better maybe you can contact publishers with actual numbers and get more steam keys to store.

Just noticed there's a DRM free version of Alan Wake around now. :eek:

Tony:

Can you confirm that the keys you have (or rather, will have on sale) for Alan Wake are Steam keys? Thanks. :)

[quote name='Pixieking']Just noticed there's a DRM free version of Alan Wake around now. :eek:

Tony:

Can you confirm that the keys you have (or rather, will have on sale) for Alan Wake are Steam keys? Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is Steamworks as far as I'm aware. GOG sells all games DRM-free.

[quote name='renhoelder']GOG.com has Alan Wake for $14.99, any chance of PM? Can't remember if GOG.com is a site that amazon PM or not.[/QUOTE]

They don't pm gog. Gog isn't based in the US, they're poles

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They don't pm gog. Gog isn't based in the US, they're poles[/QUOTE]

Thank you for elaborating. I think it would be a good idea to update the first page with a list of DD sites that amazon does and doesn't PM, if said game is distributed by Amazon.

[quote name='Fatdude']So its not possible to get bundles with DRM free + Steam key?What if you sell games alone DRM free and same game as Online Code as in Steam Cdkey only?You will list the game twice in your store which is more work for you but this adds a interesting thing you can follow: Which one sells better?If steam keys sell better maybe you can contact publishers with actual numbers and get more steam keys to store.[/QUOTE]

Check out how we're displaying it to the customer on page:

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Home-Interactive-41032-Thrones2/dp/B00806YCIC/

And yes, the goal is to be able to provide publishers with solid data around what sells. My personal hypothesis is that they are better off selling both Steam keys and a DRM free version, to cater to the non-zero number of people who don't want to use Steam but also the non-zero number of people only want to use Steam.

[quote name='Pixieking']Just noticed there's a DRM free version of Alan Wake around now. :eek:

Tony:

Can you confirm that the keys you have (or rather, will have on sale) for Alan Wake are Steam keys? Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='madnessnewb']Alan Wake is Steamworks as far as I'm aware. GOG sells all games DRM-free.[/QUOTE]

I'll send an email on Alan Wake DRM free for sure :). Our current version is a Steam build.

[quote name='renhoelder']GOG.com has Alan Wake for $14.99, any chance of PM? Can't remember if GOG.com is a site that amazon PM or not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They don't pm gog. Gog isn't based in the US, they're poles[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renhoelder']Thank you for elaborating. I think it would be a good idea to update the first page with a list of DD sites that amazon does and doesn't PM, if said game is distributed by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This is at the bottom of the OP:

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming & GetGamesGo.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back