Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arma II: CO done been boughten, well played Amazon.

Also want to throw out another big thanks to Tony for maintaining this thread and answering all the questions (and getting answers when he has none!), much appreciated sir.

[quote name='renhoelder']Maybe a friendly EU resident is willing to help you with the purchase.[/QUOTE]

That a good idea, if there are any UK people lurking here and have the means to purchase SR3 for me from this site, I'll PayPal you the $12!

[quote name='ev768']5/17-5/28[/QUOTE]

ahhh it was listed as a "featured" item so I didn't know if the dates for it were different. thanks

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol Man to Man, no it won't be :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well it's a shame we won't see a better discount on Kingdoms of Amalur. Considering the company seems to be spiraling into debt, you would think they would be willing to give a deeper cut on their game rather than getting lost alongside dozens of hugely discounted games.

Really considering the Hitman bundle. After hearing the Giant Bombcast talk about the older Hitman titles I'd like to play them.

Any other opinions?

Hopefully 3rd time is a charm here; does the Stronghold Collection have any DRM? I'd like to get at least 1 copy for the weekend if it is DRM free.

Thank you!

PS: That ARPG suggestion was awesome, I especially want Titan Quest Gold :)

This may have already been said, but I sure wish I understood the way these titles were organized on the sale pages.

Tony, some customer feedback: flipping through multiple pages of tiny icon/text grids is a nightmare. I always think I'm missing something. To make matters worse, I don't really understand the order and I can't sort them in any way. Alphabetical would be cool... or maybe price... or something. 4-Packs really shouldn't be mixed in with the single games or should at least all be grouped together or called out more boldly. Casually flipping through I see games listed multiple times and might focus in on that higher price and not read the fine print.

I love the games you've got on sale but there are definitely opportunities in presentation. I realize you're somewhat at the mercy of the site design but maybe it's something you can pass along.

[quote name='roymustang']I remember hearing Saints Row 2 for PC was horrible, that it wasn't done by Volition and was just a crappy rush-job port. Maybe they patched it up since then though.

Saints Row 3 on PC is great though.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I've read much the same thing, but I bought it retail on clearance at Target a few years ago, and I had no problems with it at all. I was very disappointed to read that SR3 would not have the Septic Avenger minigame--that was one of the most awesome things in the history of gaming!

I suppose it's a bit of a moot point with no SR2 sale on the horizon but that's my 2p anyway.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Hopefully 3rd time is a charm here; does the Stronghold Collection have any DRM? I'd like to get at least 1 copy for the weekend if it is DRM free.

Thank you!

PS: That ARPG suggestion was awesome, I especially want Titan Quest Gold :)[/QUOTE]

The one they had in the past I just installed and played I think it's DRM free.
I believe they are getting Steam keys for the bundle soon. So probably selling the DRM free version now and then the Steam when keys are available as Tony mentioned.

Hey Tony Focus just completely contradicted what they told you about the DRM on the Steam version of the Game of Thrones RPG over at Valve's forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30782607&postcount=42

[quote name='FocusHomeTech']
There is no DRM in the Steam version, no activation required.
[/quote]

Can you check with them and find out what the heck is up? While you are at it, you might want to let them know that sort of information is important and effects sales so it's kind of a big deal that they give you the correct information the first time around. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Hey Tony Focus just completely contradicted what they told you about the DRM on the Steam version of the Game of Thrones RPG over at Valve's forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30782607&postcount=42

Can you check with them and find out what the heck is up? While you are at it, you might want to let them know that sort of information is important and effects sales so it's kind of a big deal that they give you the correct information the first time around. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh the saddest of pandas...I'm emailing them now. Believe me, I do communicate the importance of DRM choice and communication, posts like this make my head want to explode. Sorry for the crossed wires dude not cool.

[quote name='boneless']Tony, does the Alan Wake DLC require steam Alan Wake? I can't remember if it was steamworks or if another dd site sold it. Also will American Nightmare be on sale at some point too?

I also missed out on the 1C sale. Do you anticipate Men At War being on sale again sometime? And Act of War? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure on the Alan Wake DLC requirements, I'll check.

Yep, we'll have another 1C sale, waiting to get some DRM free/Steam versions from them before we do it again.

[quote name='robdog112']I'm still awaiting that X-COM Complete Pack... I'm eager to try those games out.[/QUOTE]

Me too...I think the team that controls pages going live officially has a hit out on me. I've emailed them about 20 times in the past 24 hours. Stay tuned.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']Well it's a shame we won't see a better discount on Kingdoms of Amalur. Considering the company seems to be spiraling into debt, you would think they would be willing to give a deeper cut on their game rather than getting lost alongside dozens of hugely discounted games.[/QUOTE]

Note, we're not working with 38 studios as our version is the Origin version.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Hopefully 3rd time is a charm here; does the Stronghold Collection have any DRM? I'd like to get at least 1 copy for the weekend if it is DRM free.

Thank you!

PS: That ARPG suggestion was awesome, I especially want Titan Quest Gold :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Nephilim']The one they had in the past I just installed and played I think it's DRM free.
I believe they are getting Steam keys for the bundle soon. So probably selling the DRM free version now and then the Steam when keys are available as Tony mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, this is one of those questions that has been answered multiple times in over the course of this thread so I must have glossed over it (further justification for my DRM display solution :) ). Stronghold Collection is DRM free from us. We should be getting a Steam version up soon but if you look at my XCOM response you'll notice that some of our pages are stuck in some sort of loop that is delaying them from going live.

[quote name='hal']This may have already been said, but I sure wish I understood the way these titles were organized on the sale pages.

Tony, some customer feedback: flipping through multiple pages of tiny icon/text grids is a nightmare. I always think I'm missing something. To make matters worse, I don't really understand the order and I can't sort them in any way. Alphabetical would be cool... or maybe price... or something. 4-Packs really shouldn't be mixed in with the single games or should at least all be grouped together or called out more boldly. Casually flipping through I see games listed multiple times and might focus in on that higher price and not read the fine print.

I love the games you've got on sale but there are definitely opportunities in presentation. I realize you're somewhat at the mercy of the site design but maybe it's something you can pass along.[/QUOTE]

We actually met on this yesterday for a while and are now including the "featured games" up top. These are games that we picked based on sales velocity and past sales performance.

The bigger list below is sorted by sales performance, so the stuff people are buying most rises to the surface.

We're playing around with some other configurations, but this is the best one we've found so far.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Are we going to see American Nightmare?[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to get this from Nordic.

Cheers,
Tony

For those that bought Divinity II, are you able to use a controller, or is it kb/m only?

I don't know if you missed this Tony, but

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']
Off-topic:

Tony, do you know if Amazon will sell the EVGA GTX 670 FTW edition? I only see the normal reference version on the site. Just wondering since Newegg and EVGA both have them in stock.[/QUOTE]

Was just wondering since I'd rather spend my $400+ on Amazon for a EVGA or Gigabyte 670 if they ever go back in stock.

Hey Tony, can I ask if the deals that have been announced on the OP is the full line-up of games for this sale?

The reason that I ask that is because I have about $50 budgeted for this sale. From what I've seen thus far, I've already got about $40 worth of games on my shopping list that are "must buys". That leaves me with $10 to take a chance on a few games. Unless of course, there are more games to be added to the list. In that case, I might find another "must buy" game or two to use that last $10 on.

Sorry if this question has been asked already.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, can I ask if the deals that have been announced on the OP is the full line-up of games for this sale?

The reason that I ask that is because I have about $50 budgeted for this sale. From what I've seen thus far, I've already got about $40 worth of games on my shopping list that are "must buys". That leaves me with $10 to take a chance on a few games. Unless of course, there are more games to be added to the list. In that case, I might find another "must buy" game or two to use that last $10 on.

Sorry if this question has been asked already.[/QUOTE]

There will be more games added, for example we'll have a Need for Speed pack with 4 games for $14.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00822TIA6/

We'll also have Alice and Mirror's Edge in a bundle for $7.49.

There's a bunch of other stuff too, like the Paradox games towards the end of the event.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']There will be more games added, for example we'll have a Need for Speed pack with 4 games for $14.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00822TIA6/

We'll also have Alice and Mirror's Edge in a bundle for $7.49.

There's a bunch of other stuff too, like the Paradox games towards the end of the event.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply.

Looks like I might have to add a bit to my budget. ;)

For those of us who grabbed Stronghold Collection and Divinity II last time around, is there anyway to get a Steam key for those since we already own them? I'm assuming not because "different publishing legal stuff" etc. Otherwise no big deal.

Also Everybody buy Divinity II. It's awesome. And Gray Matter.

[quote name='sdcranford']Really considering the Hitman bundle. After hearing the Giant Bombcast talk about the older Hitman titles I'd like to play them.

Any other opinions?[/QUOTE]
They're great. Blood money is one of my favorite games ever. Rebel FM did a series covering every level in BM if you want more info. I like them enough I'll look for the giant bombcasts now that I know they talk about them.

[quote name='The Nephilim']For those of us who grabbed Stronghold Collection and Divinity II last time around, is there anyway to get a Steam key for those since we already own them? I'm assuming not because "different publishing legal stuff" etc. Otherwise no big deal.

Also Everybody buy Divinity II. It's awesome. And Gray Matter.[/QUOTE]

We looked into this and ran into a whole battery of issues around this. We might be able to offer it in the future but I don't want to make any promises right now that I don't know if I can keep.

Also Neph, thanks for the Bday present bro. I logged on to my personal computer for the first time in a couple of days yesterday and saw it. You rock man.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also Neph, thanks for the Bday present bro. I logged on to my personal computer for the first time in a couple of days yesterday and saw it. You rock man.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Np man.

Now tell us more sale info! We need teases of what's to come.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We actually met on this yesterday for a while and are now including the "featured games" up top. These are games that we picked based on sales velocity and past sales performance.

The bigger list below is sorted by sales performance, so the stuff people are buying most rises to the surface.[/QUOTE]

I thought that might be the case. I understand pushing high performers to a "featured" area, but that does nothing for the customer looking for specific items or just wanting to browse an organized list. It's simply my opinion and thanks for having a look.

For the record, I do find it very easy to look through your sale casual games because they are organized by genre.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll also have Alice and Mirror's Edge in a bundle for $7.49.[/QUOTE]

That's an insane deal. Anyone without these two solid games should be all over it.

Is Whispered world steam activated?

I am pretty sure that on page said steam needed,but now dont see it

And what about weekend deal vote?Which game won?Cant find it

[quote name='hal']I thought that might be the case. I understand pushing high performers to a "featured" area, but that does nothing for the customer looking for specific items or just wanting to browse an organized list. It's simply my opinion and thanks for having a look.

For the record, I do find it very easy to look through your sale casual games because they are organized by genre.

That's an insane deal. Anyone without these two solid games should be all over it.[/QUOTE]

That's always been my only issue with Amazon, site organization is not good. It's sitewide and probably due to the fact they have the world's largest inventory, but the site is not made for browsing.

Also, do the casual game prices run through the entire two weeks? I'd like to see what other things pop off during Mayhem before buying any casual games.

[quote name='sdcranford']Really considering the Hitman bundle. After hearing the Giant Bombcast talk about the older Hitman titles I'd like to play them.

Any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

It seems like Blood Money is the way to go; I had been confused for a while about the release order of the games and thought Blood Money was an early expansion or something. Turns out it's the newest one. I installed the very first Hitman game recently and it looks awful :p I'll probably just play BM now and wait for Absolution.

I like the sale layout!
;)

b7xdtz.jpg

Is Amazon planning to price-match any of Steam's Ubisoft weekend?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll also have Alice and Mirror's Edge in a bundle for $7.49.[/QUOTE]

I am all over that. :)

[quote name='The Nephilim']Well. I'm bored and over caffeinated.. so. I guess that's what happens.[/QUOTE]

I do have to ask, what was the first result under video game porn?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I do have to ask, what was the first result under video game porn?[/QUOTE]

Do you really want to know?

re: Additional DRM vs no on Game of Thrones RPG and multiple answers from Focus.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh the saddest of pandas...I'm emailing them now. Believe me, I do communicate the importance of DRM choice and communication, posts like this make my head want to explode. Sorry for the crossed wires dude not cool.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know you really tried to check into that and I much appreciate it.

If you get a chance, let me know what you find out. I was actually going to pre-order the Steam version if it didn't have additional DRM but at this point even if that turns out to be the case I lost out on the pre-order bonus so I'll just wait for a sale later on I guess. :whistle2:/

[quote name='Sulik2']Does Amazon pricematch within 30 days for a digital purchase? TERA dropping to $30 after only 3 weeks is painful.[/QUOTE]

We do not, we usually do something if it happens within the first couple of days.

We did secure an exclusive in game item (cosmetic) that we'll be giving to both everyone who purchases in Mayhem and all of the past purchasers.

More details to come.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pantsattack']Any opinions on Alice MR? I think I read the pc version runs at 60fps. Any other info?[/QUOTE]

PhysX, 3D Vision fix, and 360 Controller support.

I haven't played it on pc ... yet, I will be purchasing it as soon as it goes live if it's for steam, but I have it for PS3 & 360. It's hard to explain, but I can definitely say it's not as good as the original but somehow much better. If you're a fan of the original, it'll seem like it's missing something but if you go back and play the original you'll realize it still has quite alot going for it. If you've never played the original you should youtube some gameplay of MR, it's basically a platformer/shooter/brawler.

Platforming
Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back