Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegreatest']It isn't bad, not the best, but not bad at all.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't think I can afford the best, lmao. But along those lines, is that card going to play a graphically intense game at that resolution (1366 x 768)? Or am I going to have to cut back on settings and/or experience a drop in FPS?

That honestly looks like the best deal I've come across so far (in one day of looking, ahem).

[quote name='pantsattack']Tony is going to clean this thread up real good once his puppy comes home. Oh, man.[/QUOTE]
rofl, I know right? But hey, this discussion influences the games I buy through this sale, so in an odd sort of way, it's right on topic!

And as for the i5 vs. i7 discussion, am I really going to see a difference while playing games depending on which one I have if I have a worthy graphics card instead?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, I don't think I can afford the best, lmao. But along those lines, is that card going to play a graphically intense game at that resolution (1366 x 768)? Or am I going to have to cut back on settings and/or experience a drop in FPS?

That honestly looks like the best deal I've come across so far (in one day of looking, ahem).

rofl, I know right? But hey, this discussion influences the games I buy through this sale, so in an odd sort of way, it's right on topic![/QUOTE]

Did you look at this link?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-555M.41933.0.html

I'm not sure what games you are wanting to play, but that will give you an idea of what you can expect. If you click on the numbers (which would be your fps) it will show you the exact build the laptop had they tested on. Most will have an i7, but gaming wise it isn't too big of a difference. Maybe 5 fps lower with an i5 if any. Some games it won't matter, but games like BF3 or Skyrim it will and a quad core will run much better. Some games will recommend a quad core processor, but I don't think any games have required it... yet.

Okay, that link overwhelmed me at first, but after looking closer I get it. Basically the 555M is only going play graphically intense games at low settings, huh? Looks like if you set it higher the FPS is always going to be 30 or worse (or terrible, like on Skyrim, which is one that I'd like to be able to run well, lol).

Doesn't 30 FPS and lower look like shit?

And further, would buying the next step up Lenovo system for $90 more to get the i7 and a 2GB graphics card as opposed to a 1GB graphics card make all the difference in playing a game like Skyrim? Or would it be negligible?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Okay, that link overwhelmed me at first, but after looking closer I get it. Basically the 555M is only going play graphically intense games at low settings, huh? Looks like if you set it higher the FPS is always going to be 30 or worse (or terrible, like on Skyrim, which is one that I'd like to be able to run well, lol).

Doesn't 30 FPS and lower look like shit?[/QUOTE]

Skyrim you could probably pull off medium, but really, low is fine as long as you are at the proper resolution it should look fine.

Your frame rate really has nothing to do with how it looks (unless it is something ridiculous like 5fps or something). It is more about screen lag. It is said that anything at 25-30fps is fast enough for your eyes not to notice any lag (for reference consoles usually run at 30fps). Anything above 20fps is usually playable on anything besides an fps. With an fps you want as high of a frame rate as possible and at least 30fps or you are at a clear disadvantage. It will give you a delayed reaction time.

As for that Lenovo, it is a far better brand, and for the money I'm not sure you can beat it. It should be able to run most games on at least low settings (nothing like BF3 and probably The Witcher 2). The problem I see is that it isn't future proof at all. I doubt you will be able to run the next wave of games like Assassins Creed 3 at all on it. If you can wait, I'd save up and buy something like an ASUS G Series. At least there you have some sort of future proof hardware that will last at least 3-4 years if not longer.

[quote name='pantsattack']Hmm. If not applications or games what's hyper threading used for?

Tony is going to clean this thread up real good once his puppy comes home. Oh, man.[/QUOTE]

It's make a difference if you're running like 7 non-backround prgrams at once, but otherwise, virtualization and video editing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And as for the i5 vs. i7 discussion, am I really going to see a difference while playing games depending on which one I have if I have a worthy graphics card instead?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so.

Yeah, but those (ASUS Gs) are way out of my budget at $1000 or more. Hell, $600 is out of my budget, but eh.

I mostly play console games, but since my current laptop is falling apart and really can't keep up with new games, I want something that's respectable and capable. I can't really expect to be able to play the latest greatest PC games in the future I guess.

Would anteing up $90 for the i7 and 2GB card make for a big difference?

Im late to this conversation, but do you really need a laptop? For gaming, value-wise, its tough to be a desktop. If you're going to be dropping a G, why not buy a laptop for about $500 and build a gaming desktop for about $500. You'll be far more future-proofed than buying a laptop, which should be cheaper in the long run.

For me, it also has the added benefit of diversifying your game playing. I keep all my indie and classic titles on the laptop and then my big games on my home PC. That way I get a good hour or two to play my indies during my commute each day, which helps keep the back log down.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im late to this conversation, but do you really need a laptop? For gaming, value-wise, its tough to be a desktop. If you're going to be dropping a G, why not buy a laptop for about $500 and build a gaming desktop for about $500. You'll be far more future-proofed than buying a laptop, which should be cheaper in the long run.

For me, it also has the added benefit of diversifying your game playing. I keep all my indie and classic titles on the laptop and then my big games on my home PC. That way I get a good hour or two to play my indies during my commute each day, which helps keep the back log down.[/QUOTE]
It's worth thinking about, but I'm planning on being a little more mobile in coming years. Might be moving around, etc. I think having something portable is a deal breaker in this case.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, but those (ASUS Gs) are way out of my budget at $1000 or more. Hell, $600 is out of my budget, but eh.

I mostly play console games, but since my current laptop is falling apart and really can't keep up with new games, I want something that's respectable and capable. I can't really expect to be able to play the latest greatest PC games in the future I guess.

Would anteing up $90 for the i7 and 2GB card make for a big difference?[/QUOTE]

No not really. The amount of memory a graphics card has isn't really the kicker. The chipset is. Something that supports Directx 11 is always going to be better than something that supports Directx 10. PC gaming really is confusing at first, but after a little research into what makes a graphics card perform will clear things up. You are going to want to look at core clocks, shader clocks, memory clock, DDR3 vs DDR5, etc. That's what's really important.

In the higher end Geforce cards (gtx 460, gtx 560, etc) many 1.5gb cards out perform 2gb and even 3gb cards.

I'm going to hit the sack now though. Good luck on some research, and hopefully you decide on the best thing for you. IMO if you do most of your gaming on consoles anyway and don't have the money to get something that will last awhile I'd get a cheaper laptop for internet browsing or just keep what you have. It's really not worth it to spend $800 on a laptop t for gaming that won't be able to run games that come out this Aug-Nov.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im late to this conversation, but do you really need a laptop? For gaming, value-wise, its tough to be a desktop. If you're going to be dropping a G, why not buy a laptop for about $500 and build a gaming desktop for about $500. You'll be far more future-proofed than buying a laptop, which should be cheaper in the long run.

For me, it also has the added benefit of diversifying your game playing. I keep all my indie and classic titles on the laptop and then my big games on my home PC. That way I get a good hour or two to play my indies during my commute each day, which helps keep the back log down.[/QUOTE]

You can't build a good gaming desktop for $500 from scratch. You are still looking at $800-1000 at least to get a good gaming desktop. Yes, you can upgrade the processor and graphics card, not just the RAM and HDD like with a laptop, but upgrading your processor leads to new mobo too. When you do a total upgrade of desktop (processor, RAM, graphics card, PSU) it puts you close to $800 again. It's really not much cheaper than buying a laptop every 5-6 years when you would usually upgrade a desktop. The mobility really is worth it too.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Metro 2033 is a beast unto itself. Even the 680 feels pain running that game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have 2gb GTX 560 (fermi)'s SC in SLI w/ 866 core clock (which I could easily go higher, but haven't had the need to). I just hate the instability of the framerate, not that it takes alot to run it. I'd much more prefer a smooth 50-60 over a 30 - 180, lol.

Well, I guess there are still a good deal of computer games that I'd like to play that are currently out. Hell, I bought the Bioshock bundle and I'm sitting here with a half broken laptop that gets slower every minute that it's on (the virtual memory slowly becomes lower and lower; good fun). It's hard to play anything really; last one I tried was King's Bounty Legend and the first Penumbra, and I had to turn shadows off on KB Legend to play at an okay FPS, and while Penumbra plays quick, the lighting is fucked (everything is multicolor; it looks like a disco which kinda detracts from the "spooky" vibe of the game).

That's why I'm looking to grab something worthy of being a nice laptop for the basics (since I'm a freelance writer and graphic artist who needs things like Word and Photoshop on hand), as well as being strong enough to fire up a game like Skyrim or New Vegas if I want to. I get your point though; we'll see. The one I'm looking at right now is $700 though, not $800.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, I guess there are still a good deal of computer games that I'd like to play that are currently out. Hell, I bought the Bioshock bundle and I'm sitting here with a half broken laptop that gets slower every minute that it's on (the virtual memory slowly becomes lower and lower; good fun). It's hard to play anything really; last one I tried was King's Bounty Legend and the first Penumbra, and I had to turn shadows off on KB Legend to play at an okay FPS, and while Penumbra plays quick, the lighting is fucked (everything is multicolor; it looks like a disco which kinda detracts from the "spooky" vibe of the game).

That's why I'm looking to grab something worthy of being a nice laptop for the basics (since I'm a freelance writer and graphic artist who needs things like Word and Photoshop on hand), as well as being strong enough to fire up a game like Skyrim or New Vegas if I want to. I get your point though; we'll see. The one I'm looking at right now is $700 though, not $800.[/QUOTE]

The Lenovo is a good laptop. It should last you awhile for your working needs, it just won't last very long for gaming. It's completely up to you.

Now I'm actually out. lol :cool:

[quote name='pantsattack']"But the 2.2GHz i7 processors surpass the 2.4GHz i5 processors, right?"

I'm not so computer literate so someone humor me. Is this quote correct or is the Ghz measure universal in that a higher number is always a better performer?[/QUOTE]
Depends what you use it for. Some have more "cores" than others. The i7's are all hyperthreaded, so each core can send & recieve info (so a quad core cpu would operate as if it had 8 cores). The catch is that gaming alone doesn't use the hyperthreading all that much (and the lingo I am using is for Intel, as AMD uses different words for the same concepts), so if you are strictly gaming, an i5 would be just fine. The speed of the proccessors can be lower, but have more of them, thus making it possible for a 2.2ghz 6-core cpu better than a 2.5ghz 4-core cpu. I assume you will be doing more than gaming on a laptop, so it's not something that can just be easily a black & white answer in alot of cases.

If you are not into pc specs, and their definitions, I would HIGHLY suggest asking others that are. just explain to them all you will do with it, and what gaming quality you want, and you will get help (if not here, somewhere else). Pleanty of cool CAG's game on PC & would be happy to help as you can see, but I'd advise you to make a thread devoted to that topic so you won't get flamed, and (more importantly) so you won't clutter Tony's thread (as he often reads every post, and it's helpful if the posts are somewhat related to his deals).

Best of luck, bud.

EDIT: these are some great sited to do research, if that's the route you take -

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/
Also, tomshardware, anandtech, tigerdirect, overclockers.net (Google them for full addys), are all great & have helped me immensely.

EDIT2: All my info was for desktop CPU's. I wasn't aware the i5 mobile's had only dual-core cpus. Definitely go with an i7 over an i5 on a laptop!

[quote name='sunghost']Uhm, it's a platformer.. what do you expect? MANY platformers have similar game mechanics to Super Mario 64. I don't understand any of these complaints. I can get if someone doesn't like the game for what it is, but not because it's a platformer.. Not sure why anyone would play it if they don't like the genre.

With a game like Alice Madness Returns, it's more about experiencing the atmosphere, not just looking at the art from pics or a youtube video. The first game was mostly about atmosphere as well, although the gameplay and story in both games aren't bad at all.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksRt98blxQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL1BA9A764CC5CA7E0

Seriously. If this is what you expect from your platformers in 2012 - please, by all means, buy the game.

I expected something that didn't lift the sliding game mechanic from 1996 as a tenet of its gameplay - especially after games like Jak and Daxter, Rayman Origins , and many others have moved the genre forward in so many other ways. The fact that of all things, that's what they decided to steal from Mario 64 was head-scratching. I beat this game too so it's not like I played it for a few moments.

If you think that by not liking Alice Madness Returns, I somehow don't like the platforming genre, well that's a pretty big leap and I challenge you to explain that leap. There was not one iota of creativity in the game apart from the art design - which I already gave it credit for. The game is down in the dirt boring. It just drags on and on. Anyone purchasing it would be wasting their $5.99 and should save that cash for something like a bigger price drop on Rayman Origins.

Or if you can't wait, get Mirror's Edge. It's ten times the game Alice: Madness Returns is.

I was thinking about getting Alice:MR. Does the PC version include the original like the console versions do?

@Tony, when I looked up Alice:MR after hearing it from a poster here, it was, indeed, on sale for $5.99. I would have picked it up had I known earlier, as it was NOT listed here on the site (even when I saw that post). Just a heads up in case it's still not there. Add that & the Alice bundle with the other game here, please. I tend to look here, and not through Amazon's list, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks, man.

@Haters, I was NOT GRIPING. I was making a suggestion. I just wanted to be clear, lol.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']You can wait for a real reply from Tony, but in the past he mentioned that certain types of games won't get PMs and I believe most of Ubi's stable falls into that category.

I am going to hold out until tomorrow morning, just in case Tony says differently, but Im not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony quick question for you

Any chance of price matching Steam for Assassin's Creed Revelations and the DLC? Would rather support Amazon if the price was similar.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Callandor']Tony, Steam has all the Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC at 50% today. Any chance of a match? (Willing to buy Lost Archive at $5, but my base game is non-Steam.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

Everything AC is on sale on sale at 50-75% off on Steam.
See here for details.

Can we expect a nice sale on AC series down the line, Tony?
I own most of the AC series, except AC: Revelations Regular or Gold.[/QUOTE]

FYI these PMs are going through as we speak, continued testing of the strategy. I've set them to run through 11:00AM tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, was in Montana all day and my phone died once I got back into WA (no phone service in ALL of Montana :()

[quote name='mercenar1e']when will you guys add alan wake american nightmare? release date is so close[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to hear back from the publisher on this.

[quote name='noxxle']So when does CKII go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Still finalizing the dates but before 5/28.

[quote name='thesn00ze']I just discovered this forum and it is amazing. I registered mainly to say Thank You Tony for your hard work and all those unbelievable sales.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're digging it :) this is a fun crew!

[quote name='uqblf']Thanks, that's cool news! :applause: Now, how about making even the wrong bundle price happen to get more people pick that one over the single Alice purchase? :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']This, please.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hollowfreak']Am I missing something? Isn't that just good news for the people awaiting Alice. People like me who are hoping* to purchase both are still only getting the bundle for $10, right?

*pending steamability[/QUOTE]

This is accurate, it is a better deal for those looking for the a la carte option. Unfortunately the $7.49 was just my bad and not something that we're gonna be able to do.

[quote name='pantsattack']Hmm. If not applications or games what's hyper threading used for?

Tony is going to clean this thread up real good once his puppy comes home. Oh, man.[/QUOTE]

Lol I never want to read about laptops...ever again.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='twztid13']I was thinking about getting Alice:MR. Does the PC version include the original like the console versions do?

@Tony, when I looked up Alice:MR after hearing it from a poster here, it was, indeed, on sale for $5.99. I would have picked it up had I known earlier, as it was NOT listed here on the site (even when I saw that post). Just a heads up in case it's still not there. Add that & the Alice bundle with the other game here, please. I tend to look here, and not through Amazon's list, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks, man.

@Haters, I was NOT GRIPING. I was making a suggestion. I just wanted to be clear, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm unclear as to what you're saying, sorry it has been a long (but awesome) couple of days...Alice isn't on sale for $5.99 yet...that's why it isn't listed here or on the site. Did you see it for $5.99 somewhere already?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm unclear as to what you're saying, sorry it has been a long (but awesome) couple of days...Alice isn't on sale for $5.99 yet...that's why it isn't listed here or on the site. Did you see it for $5.99 somewhere already?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Yes, sir, I did, but I can't find it now (I swear on my life it was under pc download on Amazon). I used cc cleaner about an hour ago, so my recent views on Amazon are gone & a search doesn't bring it up. This was yesterday, I believe (Friday). I thought I linked to it from a CAG, but can't find it now. Feel bad i can't help you ot :(.

Thanks for letting me know it's not added yet.

Funny how some would play a sliding level like that and say "Sweet! Total nostalgic trip right there, love it." and some would say "STOLED IT!".

To each his own I guess, lol.

[quote name='twztid13']Yes, sir, I did, but I can't find it now (I swear on my life it was under pc download on Amazon). I used cc cleaner about an hour ago, so my recent views on Amazon are gone & a search doesn't bring it up. This was yesterday, I believe (Friday). I thought I linked to it from a CAG, but can't find it now. Feel bad i can't help you ot :(.

Thanks for letting me know it's not added yet.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I'm looking at my real time sales reporting platform and I show 0 units sold at that pricepoint. Maybe it was an anomaly or an SDE testing something.

In any case, I will update when these guys are going live.

Currently updating OP with DOTW.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Weird, I'm looking at my real time sales reporting platform and I show 0 units sold at that pricepoint. Maybe it was an anomaly or an SDE testing something.

In any case, I will update when these guys are going live.

Currently updating OP with DOTW.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm really sorry I don't have more info on it, but I know I saw it. I didn't buy it, though (as I spent too much on other things. I was just saying that if I had seen it on the main page, I would have saved money for it. Now I still can :D), but I see your point that someone would have, you'd think. IDK.

[quote name='twztid13']Yeah, I'm really sorry I don't have more info on it, but I know I saw it. I didn't buy it, though (as I spent too much on other things. I was just saying that if I had seen it on the main page, I would have saved money for it. Now I still can :D), but I see your point that someone would have, you'd think. IDK.[/QUOTE]

Don't apologize, thanks for the heads up. I pinged our engineering team to see if anyone was messing around today and accidentally flipped it. Always good to know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Golden Idol']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksRt98blxQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL1BA9A764CC5CA7E0

Seriously. If this is what you expect from your platformers in 2012 - please, by all means, buy the game.

I expected something that didn't lift the sliding game mechanic from 1996 as a tenet of its gameplay - especially after games like Jak and Daxter, Rayman Origins , and many others have moved the genre forward in so many other ways. The fact that of all things, that's what they decided to steal from Mario 64 was head-scratching. I beat this game too so it's not like I played it for a few moments.

If you think that by not liking Alice Madness Returns, I somehow don't like the platforming genre, well that's a pretty big leap and I challenge you to explain that leap. There was not one iota of creativity in the game apart from the art design - which I already gave it credit for. The game is down in the dirt boring. It just drags on and on. Anyone purchasing it would be wasting their $5.99 and should save that cash for something like a bigger price drop on Rayman Origins.

Or if you can't wait, get Mirror's Edge. It's ten times the game Alice: Madness Returns is.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to turn this thread into the laptop/Alice Defense thread, but I must comment.

That video is not at all representative of the entire game and it's barely representative of an entire level. Dissecting the origins of individual game mechanics in a $6 game comes across as a bit pedantic. For most this is an impulse buy and not a submission to the platforming hall of fame.

I respect your obvious passion for the genre but look... even with your captious position on platformers you managed to find the will to complete the game.

I wouldn't place the game at the pinnacle of platforming greatness, but for the price I feel certain that it's quite a reasonable experience for the average gamer.

I hate arguing about opinions, but this is the internet and all.

And heck, to some people it isn't the technical marvels that matter. I've been a gamer since I could hardly talk, and while I definitely appreciate the technical stuff, I'm not glued to that.

In the case of Madness Returns, I see a game with amazing visuals and a gothic, bloody Alice in Wonderland theme. I think that's badass, and I've heard a lot of good about it as well. I really don't like Rayman in the slightest; I'd buy Madness Returns at $6 before I'd buy Rayman at the same price, regardless of whether or not Rayman was the greatest platformer of all time.

Just sayin'. ;)

[quote name='hal']I don't want to turn this thread into the laptop/Alice Defense thread, but I must comment.

That video is not at all representative of the entire game and it's barely representative of an entire level. Dissecting the origins of individual game mechanics in a $6 game comes across as a bit pedantic. For most this is an impulse buy and not a submission to the platforming hall of fame.

I respect your obvious passion for the genre but look... even with your captious position on platformers you managed to find the will to complete the game.

I wouldn't place the game at the pinnacle of platforming greatness, but for the price I feel certain that it's quite a reasonable experience the average gamer.

I hate arguing about opinions, but this is the internet and all.[/QUOTE]

I respect the differing opinions as well, but I loved Alice...alot.

Its funny my old roommate, and one of my closest friends used to argue about game quality all the time, namely that my taste is pretty pedestrian and I like just about anything. We had an epic blowup over this XBLA game...it was called Fairytale Fights I think.

Anyway, we played it at PAX, I loved it, he hated it, we ended up arguing about it all night and we ended the argument with both of us agreeing that I'm simply not refined enough to "get" why certain things should be more fun than others...which leads to me liking more things.

I never disagreed when he thought something was fun...but oh man did he despise some of the stuff I play.

Cheers,
Tony

Ooh, Fairytale Fights is marvelously bloody. :)

Everything has it's own value, different sorts of value, and subjective value to different people. Silly how some people just can't get that through their heads.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ooh, Fairytale Fights is marvelously bloody. :)

Everything has it's own value, different sorts of value, and subjective value to different people. Silly how some people just can't get that through their heads.[/QUOTE]
AGREED!!!

No problem with sharing your opinion, but please don't bash me for mine. Adults should certainly be able to talk/argue/criticize without one of them thinking their opinion/taste is superior.

Anyone have opinions on Battlestations Pacific? The concept looks so amazing to me and reminds me of the grand scale of BF1942- I don't know how I ever missed this. Not expecting much and will probably just skirmish vs AI- unfortunately I think this is too much for my wife.

I DL'd the demo on Steam and everything seems cool (except the control customization was extremely difficult and one time everything was only set up only for 360 controllers). An objective question I have, does this require GFWL? The trailer after the demo showed a box art that may suggest that but it doesn't say it in the requirements field.

I just want to make sure, thanks for any assistance!

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anyone have opinions on Battlestations Pacific? The concept looks so amazing to me and reminds me of the grand scale... *snip*[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Played through both campaigns ~3 years ago on my brother's 360, then recently bought the PC version from... somewhere. Can't remember. Anyway, a lot of fun if you like a little bit of strategy with your action, and I really enjoyed the story as well. Not really character-based, but the US campaign is sort of a fictional rundown of the Pacific war, while the Japanese campaign... well, goes the other way. Never tried MP but the campaign and skirmish modes have been plenty to keep me occupied. Not a huge fan of GFWL, but it doesn't really bother me or get in the way either. Hope this helps!

[quote name='travathian']If you've never played a Civ game or anything like it, you're probably better off starting with Civ5.

If you're a veteren of 4x style games, then Civ4 definitely provides a more complex, deeper, and more advanced style of gameplay. Not to mention there are a ton of very well made mods that make radical changes to gameplay/setting/mechanics/etc. Check out Fall from Heaven, Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, and Realism Invicticus to start. Between the base game and those 3 mods, you'll be busy for months and years to come.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll be on the look out for a Civ 5 sale.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
See this post.

Let us know if you can convince EA to re-release the original American McGee's Alice PC to digital outlets like yourself at Amazon DVG, GOG, EA Origin, etc.

I don't get why EA hasn't re-released this classic...[/QUOTE]

EA needs to release several classics and make them available as a digital download, Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 and NFS Most Wanted for example.

[quote name='jrodri86']EA needs to release several classics and make them available as a digital download, Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 and NFS Most Wanted for example.[/QUOTE]

AGREED!!!

BTW - NFS: Most Wanted was awesome.

Never played NFS: UG 1 and 2, unfortunately...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I respect the differing opinions as well, but I loved Alice...alot.

Its funny my old roommate, and one of my closest friends used to argue about game quality all the time, namely that my taste is pretty pedestrian and I like just about anything. We had an epic blowup over this XBLA game...it was called Fairytale Fights I think.

Anyway, we played it at PAX, I loved it, he hated it, we ended up arguing about it all night and we ended the argument with both of us agreeing that I'm simply not refined enough to "get" why certain things should be more fun than others...which leads to me liking more things.

I never disagreed when he thought something was fun...but oh man did he despise some of the stuff I play.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to get Fairytale Fights for the longest time! I've heard some scathing reviews of it but everytime I see the gameplay it just looks so fun!

[quote name='hal']I don't want to turn this thread into the laptop/Alice Defense thread, but I must comment.

I wouldn't place the game at the pinnacle of platforming greatness, but for the price I feel certain that it's quite a reasonable experience for the average gamer.

I hate arguing about opinions, but this is the internet and all.[/QUOTE]

I also beat Jericho. I beat mediocre to terrible games every now and then for the sake of studying game design for my own games.

As captious and pedantic as my opinion may be, I don't see you jumping on the game at it's current $22.69 point. You're clearly operating under the belief that a $6 game with 15 hours worth of gameplay is a pretty sweet deal. I'm operating under the belief that if that 15 hours of gameplay is junk, then it's $6 thrown in the trash.

Listen. I get it. People see a cheap deal and they can't help themselves. They get gullible and all good sense goes out the window when they see a price like that. The Hitman Collection, Square Enix Ultimate Collection, Scary Girl, Divinity Collection, Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, Civilization IV, Borderlands, and X-Com are all better buys.

I mean you seriously can't be so pathetically starved for platforming on the PC. Jesus, Psychonauts was on sale just last week! But if you like questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, the exact same story as Sucker Punch, and repetitive gameplay added to your backlog, by all means, buy it.

[quote name='Golden Idol']I also beat Jericho. I beat mediocre to terrible games every now and then for the sake of studying game design for my own games.

As captious and pedantic as my opinion may be, I don't see you jumping on the game at it's current $22.69 point. You're clearly operating under the belief that a $6 game with 15 hours worth of gameplay is a pretty sweet deal. I'm operating under the belief that if that 15 hours of gameplay is junk, then it's $6 thrown in the trash.

Listen. I get it. People see a cheap deal and they can't help themselves. They get gullible and all good sense goes out the window when they see a price like that. The Hitman Collection, Square Enix Ultimate Collection, Scary Girl, Divinity Collection, Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, Civilization IV, Borderlands, and X-Com are all better buys.

I mean you seriously can't be so pathetically starved for platforming on the PC. Jesus, Psychonauts was on sale just last week! But if you like questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, the exact same story as Sucker Punch, and repetitive gameplay added to your backlog, by all means, buy it.[/QUOTE]

Lol, get over yourself man. Quit putting words in peoples mouths. Opinions are one thing, but I highly doubt everyone considering picking up Alice is "gullible." Many probably dig the art style and have been considering it, and now that it's on sale they are more prone to take the plunge. That's much different than having no interest in a game, then buying simply because it's cheap, which is clearly what you are implying.

Personally I thought it was an average platformer (albeit, it does get quite repetitive at times) with a great art-style to it.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that jazz.

[quote name='MysterD']AGREED!!!

BTW - NFS: Most Wanted was awesome.

Never played NFS: UG 1 and 2, unfortunately...[/QUOTE]

Most Wanted was the best ever.

Does anyone here know what DRM is on the Amazon PCDD version of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood? According to Wikipedia the retail PC version uses Tages, which I certainly don't want touching my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back