Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Meatyflakes']Lol, get over yourself man. Quit putting words in peoples mouths. Opinions are one thing, but I highly doubt everyone considering picking up Alice is "gullible." Many probably dig the art style and have been considering it, and now that it's on sale they are more prone to take the plunge. That's much different than having no interest in a game, then buying simply because it's cheap, which is clearly what you are implying.

Personally I thought it was an average platformer (albeit, it does get quite repetitive at times) with a great art-style to it.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that jazz.[/QUOTE]

No. I didn't imply anything. I said it. People pick up garbage all the time because it looks cheap. I meant what I said.

Wish the hitman games were on sale individually. Played the blood money demo and liked it but the other two seem really dated and I don't want to pay 7 for just a single game. Are the first two still worth picking up? reviews seems to make the first game sound very hard to play/control.

Tony,

Any chance the Majesty 2 Collection will be on sale again? I missed it last sale, and every time I go to Amazon.com it is in my "More items to consider" section taunting me!

[quote name='kidrocklive']Thanks. I'll be on the look out for a Civ 5 sale.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the first Civ5 full blown expansion is coming out soon. Might want to hold off on buying the base game until a Gold/Complete/GOTY version or some such comes out that includes everything. Also, on Steam there is a demo that lets you play for like an hour or so each time. Might be worthwhile to give it a whirl.

Tony

Thank you for matching the steam price on Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold (saw it was matched less than an hour after I posed and I quickly bought it) , one small problem though. The download is missing content.

The Ancestor's Character Pack (DLC 1) & The Mediterranean Traveller Maps pack (DLC 2)

Only the base game and The Lost Archive (DLC 3) are currently in the download.

Anything you can do about this on your end?

[quote name='Golden Idol']I also beat Jericho. I beat mediocre to terrible games every now and then for the sake of studying game design for my own games.

As captious and pedantic as my opinion may be, I don't see you jumping on the game at it's current $22.69 point. You're clearly operating under the belief that a $6 game with 15 hours worth of gameplay is a pretty sweet deal. I'm operating under the belief that if that 15 hours of gameplay is junk, then it's $6 thrown in the trash.

Listen. I get it. People see a cheap deal and they can't help themselves. They get gullible and all good sense goes out the window when they see a price like that. The Hitman Collection, Square Enix Ultimate Collection, Scary Girl, Divinity Collection, Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, Civilization IV, Borderlands, and X-Com are all better buys.

I mean you seriously can't be so pathetically starved for platforming on the PC. Jesus, Psychonauts was on sale just last week! But if you like questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, the exact same story as Sucker Punch, and repetitive gameplay added to your backlog, by all means, buy it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not one for feeding Trolls, but... if your serious about logical game design, then it might help to not use in your argument such an illogical notion that a game is crap because it has the same story a movie that was released just 3 months earlier. If you really do design games, then you would know the designers wouldn't have been able to throw what they had out the window and say "Let's go with that SuckerPunch stuff". Even the CGI movies in the game would take longer than that. And since they didn't make a SuckerPunch video game, this is probably "SuckerPunch: The Video Game" for alot of people. Can we PLEASE just get back to reporting deals. If people enjoy a game, they enjoy it. Get over yourself. Someone mod this crap for once. I'm tired of going through page after page trying to see the updates for Amazon's Mayhem sale (which is what this thread is supposed to be about for Christ sake) just to find over-opinionated garbage by people who don't follow logical progression even as they are arguing their "point".

Post something about this sale, or
GTFO!
and back to reality.... Tony, any word on the time trial dlc for mirror's edge?

[quote name='travathian']Tony,

Any chance the Majesty 2 Collection will be on sale again? I missed it last sale, and every time I go to Amazon.com it is in my "More items to consider" section taunting me![/QUOTE]

You should definitely grab it. The game is not without it's flaws but I still sunk around a hundred hours into the collection.

[quote name='metalkidz']It needs GFWL account for sure and because it 's old, online play is complete ghost town[/QUOTE]

Darn, was hoping for offline play I wouldn't have to have 2 programs running to play 1 game. Looks so good though :(

Also, for the demo at least, it didn't save my controls which is pretty lame. Makes me even more worried about the full version. Guess I'll just play it safe and pass.

Thanks for the help guys.

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony

Thank you for matching the steam price on Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold (saw it was matched less than an hour after I posed and I quickly bought it) , one small problem though. The download is missing content.

The Ancestor's Character Pack (DLC 1) & The Mediterranean Traveller Maps pack (DLC 2)

Only the base game and The Lost Archive (DLC 3) are currently in the download.

Anything you can do about this on your end?[/QUOTE]

Yes please send me a PM so I can resolve this with you.

[quote name='Mooby']I think you mentioned it, Tony, but when are the Paradox titles expected to be added to the sale?[/QUOTE]

It will be next week, we're still finalizing dates.

Also,

I wanted to thank you guys for limiting the amount of these kinds of comments:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/tuuzl/amazon_tera_standard_ce_50_off/c4q6upo

That I get on CAG...I love that I can come to CAG and be excited about challenging but respectful conversation around what we're doing in Video Game Downloads.

Cheers,
Tony

BRB, Downvoting that guy's comment for you.

EDIT: and not because I'm trying to be a jerk or blindly supporting you or anything - I just hate rude and stupid comments like that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes please send me a PM so I can resolve this with you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/tuuzl/amazon_tera_standard_ce_50_off/c4q6upo

That I get on CAG...I love that I can come to CAG and be excited about challenging but respectful conversation around what we're doing in Video Game Downloads.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I downvoted that twat also. I also subscribed to that gamedeals subreddit in the process...

Picked up more sims 3 stuff via this sale. My collection is almost complete. Thanks Tony.

that's just horrible how he was speaking to you.

at-least you know where your appreciated at :D

(though my wallet really really really hates you)

In case you don't go back to that thread, here's my post. It applies here as well, as I'm sure many CAG's feel the same way:

Yeah, we actually are fanboys...cause he's earned our respect. We feel and have been shown to have actual input into what goes on in these sales. We are given insight into how things work on that side of the industry, why certain things work the way they do. We see someone making an extended effort to deliver what we want. And in return, Amazon makes more sales because of it, as well as substantiating with hard statistical data on hot button issues things like titles that sell without DRM Vs. the same title at the same price for a Steam Version. One of the largest online retailers in the whole fricken world is making an effort to communicate with the very customers it hopes to create, in a very personal way. That's significant considering most fortune 500 companies would rely on blind focus groups. The work us CAG's are doing with Amazon is already being taken notice of by game companies and publishers. We are changing the future of how digital media is distributed. people like Tony work their ass off to make that happen, because they are on the front line. They have to convince publishers to try sale prices/DRM free versions to begin with in order to have the stats to show they sold 3 times the product in a week then they did in the past 6 months, even at a steep discount, they come out well ahead. We see that work, we see that effort, we see our concerns not only heard but put into effect. And we sincerely appreciate it. walkonshadows on CAG, proud to be a "fanboy" of "Amazon's Marketing Manager".

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Fell asleep yesterday because I had the flu. My birthday just passed and I got a 50$ Amazon gift card, I wanted to buy TERA at that 29.99$ price.

Any way I can still get it, Tony?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes please send me a PM so I can resolve this with you.

It will be next week, we're still finalizing dates.

Also,

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

thats because reddit and 9gag are the shittiest communities ever to be made, even worse than current day /bXDsorandummm/. nothing but teenage hipsters

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This is why I avoid reddit as much as possible. The only time I go there is to look at a funny picture or two when I absolutely have nothing else to do.

Keep up all the great work Tony. :applause:

[quote name='The Nephilim']Reddit is awful.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']thats because reddit and 9gag are the shittiest communities ever to be made, even worse than current day /bXDsorandummm/. nothing but teenage hipsters[/QUOTE]

I've seen many magnificent things happen on reddit (random acts of pizza, charity runs, advice given to people who need it), taking the actions of one user and applying it to the entire community isn't fair.

Besides, I've seen some pretty rude users on these forums too, but I wouldn't dare say all of CAG is "awful" or a "shitty community" -- in fact, it's comments like that that would probably perpetuate a flaw-ridden conclusion like both of yours.

Tony, you are greatly appreciated here. It's not often a consumer actually feels as though they have input into one of their favorite companies, or any company for that matter. You have been a great extension of Amazon and because of you I know own the Hitman Tripple pack on yet another platform. Keep up the great work and don't let the hate get to you!

Tony, can you share if people are preferring steam over non-steam?

Personally, I picked up the Bioshock pack for Steam, but also bought the Square pack for steamless Underworld and sold the Steam keys.

I'm sure you're getting a lot of data, but it's still apples and oranges when I can't gift away keyless games. Part of the reason I bought Steam this sale is because I have the option to trade them for something down the line. When the game files are linked to my account that's not an option.

Tony your hard work is appreciated and noticed. Sorry you are exposed to idiotic comments like those on reddit. Keep up the good work, you have earned a life long customer here.

Anyone that bought Bioshock 2 have errors trying to get the free dlc through GFWL? I'd also buy dlc since I have lots of msp, but it errors out each time. I am signed in with my profile. Very odd. I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.

[quote name='pantsattack']Tony, can you share if people are preferring steam over non-steam?

Personally, I picked up the Bioshock pack for Steam, but also bought the Square pack for steamless Underworld and sold the Steam keys.

I'm sure you're getting a lot of data, but it's still apples and oranges when I can't gift away keyless games. Part of the reason I bought Steam this sale is because I have the option to trade them for something down the line. When the game files are linked to my account that's not an option.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the top 10 best sellers, the Steam versions of DKS and Stronghold Collection are beating the DRM free versions.

[quote name='twztid13']Anyone that bought Bioshock 2 have errors trying to get the free dlc through GFWL? I'd also buy dlc since I have lots of msp, but it errors out each time. I am signed in with my profile. Very odd. I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I likewise have had numerous problems with GFWL since its launch, most of which never got resolved. Neither Steam nor GFWL have customer service worth a crap, but at least Steam has extensive forum presence and so getting help there is possible.

Does anyone who bought the Square Enix pack know if the Tomb Raider: Underworld download is a version with securom or not?

[quote name='travathian']Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I likewise have had numerous problems with GFWL since its launch, most of which never got resolved. Neither Steam nor GFWL have customer service worth a crap, but at least Steam has extensive forum presence and so getting help there is possible.[/QUOTE]
Everything I read in the Steam forums said if it's with a 3rd party game & does not get an error in a Steam box (even when crashing), one must take it up with the publisher :(. I was wondering if i was the only one experiencing this problem with Bioshock 2? That's the only GFWL game I've ever owned, and you can't buy the dlc on Steam, so that SUCKS.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']If you look at the top 10 best sellers, the Steam versions of DKS and Stronghold Collection are beating the DRM free versions.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yup, you're right. The only DRM-free game outselling its counterpart that I saw was Civ IV.

[quote name='Curious']Does anyone who bought the Square Enix pack know if the Tomb Raider: Underworld download is a version with securom or not?[/QUOTE]

I bought the pack but haven't installed it yet (haven't even downloaded it yet) so I can't say. If I remember tonight I'll try to install it and let you know.

Uh, I think the Assassin's Creed pricing got messed up. Brotherhood was $7.50 earlier when I was looking into its DRM, but now it's back up to ~$20, and AC2 is at ~$15. Wasn't the Steam PM good until tomorrow?

Tony, any chance of getting Steam code versions of ARMA 2: Combined Operations?

I see it's already the best selling download on Amazon right now, but I'm sure there's more people than me who want the game, but on Steam, and it would sell even MORE. Everybody wins!

[quote name='twztid13']Anyone that bought Bioshock 2 have errors trying to get the free dlc through GFWL? I'd also buy dlc since I have lots of msp, but it errors out each time. I am signed in with my profile. Very odd. I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

what free dlc? I did a search for bioshock on GFWL webpage and only see minerva's den for $5, zigo and blanche for $1, and sinclair solutions tester pack for $2.49

Hey, Tony. I was just wondering... I've got a few friends that live in different regions like Germany and Brazil. If I were to buy the 4 pack, would the Steam codes work for them??

Any idea if the non-Steamworks Paradox games (Specifically Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles) will be getting an alternate Steam key version?

[quote name='Mugatu']I bought the pack but haven't installed it yet (haven't even downloaded it yet) so I can't say. If I remember tonight I'll try to install it and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the other 4 games activate on Steam. They sound free of additional DRM from their Steam pages and forums, but I can't find any info on TR:U since it is direct from Amazon.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Tony, any chance of getting Steam code versions of ARMA 2: Combined Operations?[/QUOTE]

I like to see an ARMA 2 steam version as well, I want to try that DayZ mod everyone is so hyped about. Also is there any chance that Driver SF will show up during the sale?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Tony, any chance of getting Steam code versions of ARMA 2: Combined Operations?

I see it's already the best selling download on Amazon right now, but I'm sure there's more people than me who want the game, but on Steam, and it would sell even MORE. Everybody wins![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this would make an amazing deal for ARMA 2: CO.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I downvoted that twat also. I also subscribed to that gamedeals subreddit in the process...

Picked up more sims 3 stuff via this sale. My collection is almost complete. Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Nephilim']Reddit is awful.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Reddits gonna' reddit! Thanks for the info on Paradox.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kennyb324']that's just horrible how he was speaking to you.

at-least you know where your appreciated at :D

(though my wallet really really really hates you)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']In case you don't go back to that thread, here's my post. It applies here as well, as I'm sure many CAG's feel the same way:

Yeah, we actually are fanboys...cause he's earned our respect. We feel and have been shown to have actual input into what goes on in these sales. We are given insight into how things work on that side of the industry, why certain things work the way they do. We see someone making an extended effort to deliver what we want. And in return, Amazon makes more sales because of it, as well as substantiating with hard statistical data on hot button issues things like titles that sell without DRM Vs. the same title at the same price for a Steam Version. One of the largest online retailers in the whole fricken world is making an effort to communicate with the very customers it hopes to create, in a very personal way. That's significant considering most fortune 500 companies would rely on blind focus groups. The work us CAG's are doing with Amazon is already being taken notice of by game companies and publishers. We are changing the future of how digital media is distributed. people like Tony work their ass off to make that happen, because they are on the front line. They have to convince publishers to try sale prices/DRM free versions to begin with in order to have the stats to show they sold 3 times the product in a week then they did in the past 6 months, even at a steep discount, they come out well ahead. We see that work, we see that effort, we see our concerns not only heard but put into effect. And we sincerely appreciate it. walkonshadows on CAG, proud to be a "fanboy" of "Amazon's Marketing Manager".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']thats because reddit and 9gag are the shittiest communities ever to be made, even worse than current day /bXDsorandummm/. nothing but teenage hipsters[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegreatest']This is why I avoid reddit as much as possible. The only time I go there is to look at a funny picture or two when I absolutely have nothing else to do.

Keep up all the great work Tony. :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miqspot']Tony, you are greatly appreciated here. It's not often a consumer actually feels as though they have input into one of their favorite companies, or any company for that matter. You have been a great extension of Amazon and because of you I know own the Hitman Tripple pack on yet another platform. Keep up the great work and don't let the hate get to you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony your hard work is appreciated and noticed. Sorry you are exposed to idiotic comments like those on reddit. Keep up the good work, you have earned a life long customer here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='realwords']I've seen many magnificent things happen on reddit (random acts of pizza, charity runs, advice given to people who need it), taking the actions of one user and applying it to the entire community isn't fair.

Besides, I've seen some pretty rude users on these forums too, but I wouldn't dare say all of CAG is "awful" or a "shitty community" -- in fact, it's comments like that that would probably perpetuate a flaw-ridden conclusion like both of yours.[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Thanks for the kind words here and on reddit (definitely popped over and read the comment thread).

@realwords I wanted to clarify, I wasn't trying to generalize the reddit/r/gamedeals community as overwhelmingly negative. I participate there regularly and am in communication with a lot of those guys in similar capacities as I am with people on this forum. My comment was more related to the fact that, when trolls rear their heads here at CAG, the community response is more often than not "move along, we're enjoying the interaction and would like to see it continue", as opposed to other communities which take common courtesy for granted.

From a professional point of view I should probably simply ignore comments like from those with a hateful message and nothing positive to contribute to the conversation. As a passionate gamer, however, I feel like it is my responsibility to explicitly remind healthy communities like this one that mature communication perpetuates open communication.

I'm trying to build a model for taking real time customer feedback and integrating into a strategic business plan. This kind of push is a two way street. Every time I walk into a meeting and say "look how valuable this feedback is, we're driving awesome decisions and making headway" anyone who wants to stick to traditional forms of customer feedback (focus groups, surveys, etc.) can just point to vulgar strewn, overwhelmingly negative comments and say "you want us to drive business decisions based on this feedback?".

The short message I'm trying to convey is that, if customers want their anecdotal feedback on forums to be taken seriously then they need to take themselves seriously. It is very easy for me to use this community as an example of how we've built something awesome that we can use to gather valuable insight (and have a ton of fun)...I'd like to see more communities emulate this behavior.

Sorry for the long winded message, I just feel like this is something that this community can handle hearing.

[quote name='travathian']Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but I likewise have had numerous problems with GFWL since its launch, most of which never got resolved. Neither Steam nor GFWL have customer service worth a crap, but at least Steam has extensive forum presence and so getting help there is possible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='twztid13']Everything I read in the Steam forums said if it's with a 3rd party game & does not get an error in a Steam box (even when crashing), one must take it up with the publisher :(. I was wondering if i was the only one experiencing this problem with Bioshock 2? That's the only GFWL game I've ever owned, and you can't buy the dlc on Steam, so that SUCKS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']I bought the pack but haven't installed it yet (haven't even downloaded it yet) so I can't say. If I remember tonight I'll try to install it and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this sorted, if not please let me know and I'll work to find a resolution.

[quote name='pantsattack']Tony, can you share if people are preferring steam over non-steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Needles-Kane']If you look at the top 10 best sellers, the Steam versions of DKS and Stronghold Collection are beating the DRM free versions.[/QUOTE]

Bestsellers are a good metric to look at. I can tell you though that offering the option has been exciting though because it has shown to be incrementally beneficial.

This means that we're selling more units simply as a function of carrying both options than we would if we were carrying only the most popular :).

[quote name='movac']Uh, I think the Assassin's Creed pricing got messed up. Brotherhood was $7.50 earlier when I was looking into its DRM, but now it's back up to ~$20, and AC2 is at ~$15. Wasn't the Steam PM good until tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I extended the match 1hour past the Steam match not for a full day past the Steam match, sorry if I communicated this poorly.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Tony, any chance of getting Steam code versions of ARMA 2: Combined Operations?

I see it's already the best selling download on Amazon right now, but I'm sure there's more people than me who want the game, but on Steam, and it would sell even MORE. Everybody wins![/QUOTE]

THIS. This would be absolutely fantastic.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I like to see an ARMA 2 steam version as well, I want to try that DayZ mod everyone is so hyped about. Also is there any chance that Driver SF will show up during the sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Yeah, this would make an amazing deal for ARMA 2: CO.[/QUOTE]

We looked into this but it was a no-go :(. I actually don't have a solid answer myself as to why.

[quote name='kyrhon']Hey, Tony. I was just wondering... I've got a few friends that live in different regions like Germany and Brazil. If I were to buy the 4 pack, would the Steam codes work for them??[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure as I only handle the US territory and you need a US billing address to purchase from Amazon.com.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Any idea if the non-Steamworks Paradox games (Specifically Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles) will be getting an alternate Steam key version?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, trying to get these product pages created and keys set up before the sale ends. I can't guarantee that it will happen though. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

I think the guy asking about the 4 pack meant he was going to buy the 4 pack himself and then give the codes to his friends out of the US.

Can't answer for him 100 percent but Payday has never had any restrictions placed on it, and Steam keys for games like Divinity and whatnot have activated for people outside of the US.

[quote name='Corpekata']I think the guy asking about the 4 pack meant he was going to buy the 4 pack himself and then give the codes to his friends out of the US.

Can't answer for him 100 percent but Payday has never had any restrictions placed on it, and Steam keys for games like Divinity and whatnot have activated for people outside of the US.[/QUOTE]

Yup! This is what I meant. I'm currently in the US but I have buddies outside of the country that I would love to be able to play with. I just wanted some confirmation as to if the Steam keys from Amazon would work for them.

[quote name='Corpekata']I think the guy asking about the 4 pack meant he was going to buy the 4 pack himself and then give the codes to his friends out of the US.

Can't answer for him 100 percent but Payday has never had any restrictions placed on it, and Steam keys for games like Divinity and whatnot have activated for people outside of the US.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kyrhon']Yup! This is what I meant. I'm currently in the US but I have buddies outside of the country that I would love to be able to play with. I just wanted some confirmation as to if the Steam keys from Amazon would work for them.[/QUOTE]

My bad on the misunderstanding...I'm still unsure though as I'm not sure what Steam codes do or don't work outside the US...so sorry man :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Golden Idol']I also beat Jericho. I beat mediocre to terrible games every now and then for the sake of studying game design for my own games.

As captious and pedantic as my opinion may be, I don't see you jumping on the game at it's current $22.69 point. You're clearly operating under the belief that a $6 game with 15 hours worth of gameplay is a pretty sweet deal. I'm operating under the belief that if that 15 hours of gameplay is junk, then it's $6 thrown in the trash.

Listen. I get it. People see a cheap deal and they can't help themselves. They get gullible and all good sense goes out the window when they see a price like that. The Hitman Collection, Square Enix Ultimate Collection, Scary Girl, Divinity Collection, Mirror's Edge, Bioshock, Civilization IV, Borderlands, and X-Com are all better buys.

I mean you seriously can't be so pathetically starved for platforming on the PC. Jesus, Psychonauts was on sale just last week! But if you like questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, the exact same story as Sucker Punch, and repetitive gameplay added to your backlog, by all means, buy it.[/QUOTE]

Look, just let me say this and I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Have you ever heard someone say something about a newly released film like "wait until it hits the rental store"? The implication is that the movie is worth a view at a certain pricepoint. It doesn't mean that the person frequenting the rental store is gullible for watching anything other than first-run movies.

Some movies aren't worth a view at any pricepoint and the same is true for games, of course. But that's where opinions come in. Your distaste for the game is palpable but it isn't something that is universally shared and it doesn't mean that others are "wrong" for their opinions.

As someone who enjoys platforming games and plays a good many of them, I can tell you that Alice definitely fell into more of the "rental" category for me. It wasn't a game I wanted to spend a lot of money on, but I knew I would enjoy it enough to catch up with it at a lower pricepoint. It certainly made it much easier to play a game with a few flaws knowing that I didn't fork over fifty bucks. And at its current price, it's something you can play for a bit and, if you tire of its repetitive gameplay... set it aside for later or delete it altogether.

The point is that entertainment has a value for everyone. I'm comfortable spending $6 and getting 7-8 good hours out of it... and if it turns out I really like it, maybe I get 15. I don't see why it's a binary thing for you and why price has no influence, but it does for many others.

[quote name='hal']Look, just let me say this and I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Have you ever heard someone say something about a newly released film like "wait until it hits the rental store"? The implication is that the movie is worth a view at a certain pricepoint. It doesn't mean that the person frequenting the rental store is gullible for watching anything other than first-run movies.

Some movies aren't worth a view at any pricepoint and the same is true for games, of course. But that's where opinions come in. Your distaste for the game is palpable but it isn't something that is universally shared and it doesn't mean that others are "wrong" for their opinions.

As someone who enjoys platforming games and plays a good many of them, I can tell you that Alice definitely fell into more of the "rental" category for me. It wasn't a game I wanted to spend a lot of money on, but I knew I would enjoy it enough to catch up with it at a lower pricepoint. It certainly made it much easier to play a game with a few flaws knowing that I didn't fork over fifty bucks. And at its current price, it's something you can play for a bit and, if you tire of its repetitive gameplay... set it aside for later or delete it altogether.

The point is that entertainment has a value for everyone. I'm comfortable spending $6 and getting 7-8 good hours out of it... and if it turns out I really like it, maybe I get 15. I don't see why it's a binary thing for you and why price has no influence, but it does for many others.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, while Alice isn't worth paying full price for.. it's definitely worth the $6 for the artwork/atmosphere alone. The gameplay was decent enough that I never got bored, and I had fun with it for what it is. To say something isn't worth buying at any price means the game must be outright terrible and has no redeeming qualities. Hell, I've had fun with my purchase of Duke Nukem Forever back when it was $1, and I don't regret that purchase despite the consensus that it's terrible. I would even recommend buying that for up to $5!

Also, in response to Golen Idol's previous post.. I apologize for assuming you don't like platformers. The vagueness of your "it stole from super mario 64!" comment is what made me generalize your opinion in your first post. The developer never really "stole" anything, and I doubt the developer had any intention of that, it may have just been a throwback for people that loved Super Mario 64, and honestly.. there are modern platformers other than Alice that borrow a lot of elements from older games, it can be said for many games in general.. I've never seen it as "stealing".

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I extended the match 1hour past the Steam match not for a full day past the Steam match, sorry if I communicated this poorly.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that was just a time-zone issue. Your post mentioning the match running through 11 AM "tomorrow" was posted in the early morning here on the east coast. My bad for noticing the date but not the time.

[quote name='movac']Looks like that was just a time-zone issue. Your post mentioning the match running through 11 AM "tomorrow" was posted in the early morning here on the east coast. My bad for noticing the date but not the time.[/QUOTE]

On a positive note we'll probably have a deal on those games in the notsodistant future :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

My account finally aged enough to where I'm allowed to post and ask you a question; yay!

First of all, thanks for interacting with the community and taking our feedback to heart. I'm always encouraged when I find companies that embrace a philosophy of directly interacting with their customers.

Regarding some of the titles from the current sale(s):

I've looked here, emailed Amazon customer support (haven't heard back yet) and Google'd it, but I couldn't find whether these titles are DRM-Free or not:

Gray Matter
The Whispered World

Thanks!

P.S.

Are all of the Casual Games DRM-Free, or is there a mix of titles that are and are not? I see several that look like they would make great gifts for the wife. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back