Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corpekata']Only time I can see Civ getting cheaper is when the expansion launches. Either because they lower the base price or there's some sort of combo deal with the GOTY+ xpac.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware of expansion coming out..

Good reason to wait another 2 years before buying Civ V The Mega Ultimate Pack :p

[quote name='warreni']This is true as far as it goes, but he should be aware that if he buys an Amazon bundle with Steamworks games that he already owns (and has activated), he can gift those keys simply by emailing his friend the key or posting it here or at steamgifts.com.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured I'd have those options as a fallback; but I had never tried to import a key into the gift inventory, and wanted to see if it was possible.

Thanks to everyone who replied!

i will go for mass effect 3
japan40.gif

Hey Tony,

Any chance we can get Mac versions of "Mayhem" games on sale? (IE, Borderlands GOTY, BioShock, CIV 5, Battlestations:pacific, etc)

Thanks!

[quote name='Mooby']Any other Paradox titles going on sale -- specifically Warlock and Defenders of Ardania?[/QUOTE]

There's not much chance you'll see Warlock on sale anywhere too soon--it's VERY new and the $20 initial pricepoint only leaves them so much room for sales. Also, because the reviews have been pretty middle-of-the-road, I'm expecting sales will be pretty good for this title, at least among TBS fans.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah...and I ordered...ALOT of keys.

Working on getting more but those guys are in a different country so I'm not 100% confident we'll get them in time.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I hope you can get some more! I was holding out in hopes of a steam sale but recently read that the steam version is actually more difficult to run the DayZ mod. Here's to hoping!

[quote name='dacool561']I hope you can get some more! I was holding out in hopes of a steam sale but recently read that the steam version is actually more difficult to run the DayZ mod. Here's to hoping![/QUOTE]

Wow, glad I decided to jump on this early instead of waiting on it. Crazy how one mod can drive the sales of a game through the roof like this. They must be loving it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hey, Tony!

Are Alice and mirror's Edge in the Femme Fatales pack Steam keys or direct download only? Please don't let them be Origin. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It has been said before, they are origin only. Idk what the big deal is, I use steam and origin and have had no problems with either. Stop acting like tin foil people.

Are Alice and mirror's Edge in the Femme Fatales pack Steam keys or direct download only? Please don't let them be Origin. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looks like you're going to be disappoint

[quote name='windsmere']I know this probably kind of an asinine question but will the Saint's Row sale start at midnight or the actual morning?[/QUOTE]

Midnight PST (5/26).

Cheers,
Tony

Actually, read the first review posted for the Femme Fatale pack on amazon, that guy says they don't require the Origin Client, but they do require an EA account for activation, and do both have SecuROM install limits.

Tony,

Just noticed that you don't have a link in the OP for Sims 3 World Adventures download which is discounted as well. Also the Town Life Stuff link seems to be broken. Thanks, I picked up the ENTIRE Sims collection @.@

[quote name='shosh']question,

what client does simcity 4 use? does it install on origin or steam, maybe neither?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it's neither and I want to say the Amazon version is DRM free even. It's old so I don't think it will just automatically register on Origin if you just plug in the key, and it might not even have a key. As with most older EA games there's varying reports that if you catch the right helpful rep you might get someone to manually add it to your Origin account, but no guarantees.

It might definitely won't activate on Steam though so if you really need it there, as with any EA game, you'll have to buy it there.

[quote name='Logain8955']Would it be possible to get seperate deals on the Hitman games?

Only interested in Blood Money, I'd drop $3.50-$4.00 on it by itself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, tony! But in my case, I just want Hitman 2 ;)

Hi Tony,

Any reason why ArmA 2 (Combined Ops, Op Arrowhead) has been removed prior to the end of the sale (28th)?
The game is also no longer listed for sale on Amazon and has been removed from the first page of this thread.

Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

Thank you.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Hi Tony,

Any reason why ArmA 2 (Combined Ops, Op Arrowhead) has been removed prior to the end of the sale (28th)?
The game is also no longer listed for sale on Amazon and has been removed from the first page of this thread.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we ran out of keys :(.

Trying to get more, but it doesn't look promising going into a long weekend :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, we ran out of keys :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Darn. Thanks for the quick response.

I hope we can look forward to a "special sale" if and when you guys get more keys :cry:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, we ran out of keys :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I am hoping it comes back. If nothing else, perhaps an extended sale for it would be good as obviously it was selling ridiculously at that price.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Will the Saints Row the Third season pass DLC be on sale, and what will it cost?[/QUOTE]

My curiosity is along the same lines. I still have my $10 ME3 credit, so a $7 SR3 is in the cards depending on if I can snag the season pass reasonably.

I asked a few days ago about Saint's Row DLC. He said there's no DLC in the promotion for Saint's Row. It's pretty much appears in general the sale is generally focusing on standalone titles, and if there's any DLC it's GOTY editions of games. Only exception I think is the Magicka: Only the Stars are Left in that Paradox packaged but given that's only a package deal and not a seperate sale, don't know if it counts. He said something along the lines that in the big promos like this the DLC tends to really get overshadowed, so I wouldn't put any hopes on individual DLCs for any games at all.

[quote name='Corpekata']I asked a few days ago about Saint's Row DLC. He said there's no DLC in the promotion for Saint's Row. It's pretty much appears in general the sale is generally focusing on standalone titles...He said something along the lines that in the big promos like this the DLC tends to really get overshadowed, so I wouldn't put any hopes on individual DLCs for any games at all.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think part of that is due to the way Amazon has their site arranged. I remember they experimented with having a bunch of THQ DLC on sale a few months back and the sale pages were just a huge mess full of a bunch of individual DLC entries and packs of DLC etc. It was very difficult to look through and figure out what was what imho.

I think they really need a better 'here's the base game and look below for the related DLC' sort of setup like most other DD sites do.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I wish, I don't even have it up on the site yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wait...you guys are getting COD: World at War soon...?

Just bought and redeemed a $50 Amazon gift card so I am ready to go this weekend. I just hope I can purchase (not download obviously) through my phone because I will be camping with the In-laws Sat-Mon.:drool:

Been looking to grab Front Mission: Evolved on the 360 for awhile now. Is there any reason why I should get it on the PC instead? Any mods or such?

[quote name='windsmere']Just bought and redeemed a $50 Amazon gift card so I am ready to go this weekend. I just hope I can purchase (not download obviously) through my phone because I will be camping with the In-laws Sat-Mon.:drool:[/QUOTE]

you can purchase from your phone (i have done it many times), but you have to be viewing the full site, and not the mobile one.

[quote name='bubzers']you can purchase from your phone (i have done it many times), but you have to be viewing the full site, and not the mobile one.[/QUOTE]

Yea that drives me crazy. I realize I can't play the game on my phone -- but at least let me buy them there.

Funny how the entire Squeenix pack (including Just Cause 2) is $7 and on the same day Just Cause 1 is going to be the same price. Sorry, that should be $2.99, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Madness Returns looks to be a monster to play too. Not even going to attempt that until I get a new laptop.[/QUOTE]
Highest it goes is 30 fps with everything "on". It doesn't even use 15% of my core clock (966). Extremely easy to run.

[quote name='twztid13']Highest it goes is 30 fps with everything "on". It doesn't even use 15% of my core clock (966). Extremely easy to run.[/QUOTE]

It runs at 30 FPS with the default config file.. but you can easily set it to 60 FPS (or possibly higher, I don't remember) by editing it.

I picked up a stronghold collection and will be picking up Sonic Generations when it goes on sale. With my Amazon Prime and Amazon Credit Card, I find myself getting almost everything besides milk, bread, and gasoline from Amazon. Tony is probably sworn to secrecy but I'd wager Amazon is working on a way to get into the bread and milk market as well.

Oh, and believe it or not, I literally got a 35 pound bag of dog food cheaper on Amazon than I could get it for at my local pet store, even before factoring sales tax. Scary.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Plan-Shre...ef=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1337909774&sr=8-1

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

[quote name='twztid13']Anyone that bought Bioshock 2 have errors trying to get the free dlc through GFWL? I'd also buy dlc since I have lots of msp, but it errors out each time. I am signed in with my profile. Very odd. I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this sorted, if not please let me know and I'll work to find a resolution.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Actually, I did find an eventual solution. I seemed to only install the GFWL that Bioshock 2 requires to play. GFWL requires another client to download DLC. Once I had both, I could go to Xbox.com & download the DLC, but it wouldn't show up in the game.

In order to play it, you have to combine the folder that GFWL downloads the dlc in (the SP folder in my case), and the Bioshock 2 folder in steamapps (SP again, in my case). After that, it seems to work fine. I'm not confident enough to try paid DLC (as this was 2 of the free DLC items, but 1 was the Protector Trials, which is a pretty hefty add-on game type).

Thanks for asking! Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

Now to decide if Civ V is a game I will ever play (even though I've wanted it forever, but c'mon, my backlog is getting out of hand).

[quote name='sunghost']It runs at 30 FPS with the default config file.. but you can easily set it to 60 FPS (or possibly higher, I don't remember) by editing it.[/QUOTE]
Any info on what to change (I haven't looked, but is it labled "framerate" or does it take a little more effort)? Is this all you can do to make it run better/be prettier? Thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']I honestly think part of that is due to the way Amazon has their site arranged. I remember they experimented with having a bunch of THQ DLC on sale a few months back and the sale pages were just a huge mess full of a bunch of individual DLC entries and packs of DLC etc. It was very difficult to look through and figure out what was what imho.

I think they really need a better 'here's the base game and look below for the related DLC' sort of setup like most other DD sites do.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's site works great if you know the name or model number of the thing you want to buy. It doesn't work well at all if you want to buy accessories or items related to the name or model number you have in hand. To draw on archetypes, it's a "hunting" website, not a "gathering" one.

(Although to be fair, even retailers who have years and decades of experience laying out their brick-and-mortar stores optimally still have a devil of a time translating that knowledge to their websites.)

[quote name='twztid13']Any info on what to change (I haven't looked, but is it labled "framerate" or does it take a little more effort)? Is this all you can do to make it run better/be prettier? Thanks![/QUOTE]

This guide is worth reading. The setting you want to change is MaxSmoothedFrameRate=

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1963500

I don't think there's anything that you can disable/enable from the defaults that will make the game look better, but you can definitely make it run smoother.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']Any deals coming up for Darksiders 1? I'm getting more and more interested in the new one that's coming and I would like to prepare.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kidkash03']Wondering the same. I played through it a little on the 360, then traded it off. I wouldn't mind picking it up again for under $10 on PC, and I have a feeling it'll be apart of Steam's Summer Sale at the very least.[/QUOTE]

We'll have it on sale for $5 again at one point in the future before DS2, not sure when though.

[quote name='Mooby']Any other Paradox titles going on sale -- specifically Warlock and Defenders of Ardania?[/QUOTE]

Negative. We had Defenders of Ardania for 55% off in our last sale and the volume didn't merit inclusion on the Mayhem! sale, we wanted to focus on major drivers for Paradox.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Hey Tony,

Any chance we can get Mac versions of "Mayhem" games on sale? (IE, Borderlands GOTY, BioShock, CIV 5, Battlestations:pacific, etc)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately those games are published by different publishers who didn't participate in this promotion.

Negative they do not activate on Steam.

[quote name='Logain8955']Would it be possible to get seperate deals on the Hitman games?

Only interested in Blood Money, I'd drop $3.50-$4.00 on it by itself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Evrad']Yes, tony! But in my case, I just want Hitman 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

Negative, we'll only have the bundle offering :(. Sounds like you two could split the pack though :).

[quote name='MysterD']Wait...you guys are getting COD: World at War soon...?[/QUOTE]

We're hoping to, no solid timeline yet though.

[quote name='windsmere']Just bought and redeemed a $50 Amazon gift card so I am ready to go this weekend. I just hope I can purchase (not download obviously) through my phone because I will be camping with the In-laws Sat-Mon.:drool:[/QUOTE]

Saddle up :).

[quote name='wageslave']I picked up a stronghold collection and will be picking up Sonic Generations when it goes on sale. With my Amazon Prime and Amazon Credit Card, I find myself getting almost everything besides milk, bread, and gasoline from Amazon. Tony is probably sworn to secrecy but I'd wager Amazon is working on a way to get into the bread and milk market as well.

Oh, and believe it or not, I literally got a 35 pound bag of dog food cheaper on Amazon than I could get it for at my local pet store, even before factoring sales tax. Scary.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Plan-Shre...ef=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1337909774&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Amazon Fresh is alive and well in the State of Washington...this is how I get the majority of my groceries :).

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Will the Saints Row the Third season pass DLC be on sale, and what will it cost?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='amundsjm']My curiosity is along the same lines. I still have my $10 ME3 credit, so a $7 SR3 is in the cards depending on if I can snag the season pass reasonably.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']I asked a few days ago about Saint's Row DLC. He said there's no DLC in the promotion for Saint's Row. It's pretty much appears in general the sale is generally focusing on standalone titles, and if there's any DLC it's GOTY editions of games. Only exception I think is the Magicka: Only the Stars are Left in that Paradox packaged but given that's only a package deal and not a seperate sale, don't know if it counts. He said something along the lines that in the big promos like this the DLC tends to really get overshadowed, so I wouldn't put any hopes on individual DLCs for any games at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I honestly think part of that is due to the way Amazon has their site arranged. I remember they experimented with having a bunch of THQ DLC on sale a few months back and the sale pages were just a huge mess full of a bunch of individual DLC entries and packs of DLC etc. It was very difficult to look through and figure out what was what imho.

I think they really need a better 'here's the base game and look below for the related DLC' sort of setup like most other DD sites do.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Amazon's site works great if you know the name or model number of the thing you want to buy. It doesn't work well at all if you want to buy accessories or items related to the name or model number you have in hand. To draw on archetypes, it's a "hunting" website, not a "gathering" one.

(Although to be fair, even retailers who have years and decades of experience laying out their brick-and-mortar stores optimally still have a devil of a time translating that knowledge to their websites.)[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

We won't be putting any of the DLC on sale, and we over at Amazon definitely agree that our related items discovery needs work, we're actually in the process of reworking it now...as you all know though, it takes forever to change detail pages (look how long it took to get to the point where we are getting DRM displayed above the fold).

That being said, we do display DLC alongside base game in a couple of cases:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...ogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1337911148&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Total-War-Sho...ogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1337910867&sr=1-1

Cheers,
Tony

Picked up Ryder White earlier today.

That Paradox pack looks sick.

I'd love to pick up syndicate but I don't think I can convince my friends to buy in so I might as well wait for cheaper.

Dang it T-Money. Less that 30 days until my wedding, I'm knee deep in hell in diablo iii, have 1000 games of backlog and I'm still buying stuff from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back