Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']Since you're giving us a peek into how the sausage is made, would you mind sharing how you got ME3 from 29.99 to 25.99? Not complaining, I'm just curious as to how all that happened. Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that mystery will have to remain just that, a mystery, :).

Enjoy the killer deal though!

[quote name='everyoneisshiny']Anyone know when the Tera deal is going live again?[/QUOTE]

It depends on when the hamsters wake up...it could be anytime between right now and the next 1.5 hours.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Unfortunately that mystery will have to remain just that, a mystery, :).

Enjoy the killer deal though!

It depends on when the hamsters wake up...it could be anytime between right now and the next 1.5 hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I wish I could, but I already bought ME3 for $29.99 from you guys a month or so ago.

Now, if you could get Skyrim down to $25.99 this weekend, you'll get my money in a heartbeat ;-)

[quote name='kidkash03']Just bought Sonic Generations.[/QUOTE]

Woot :)

[quote name='baller75']$25 Mass effect 3 Deals up! How long does it take for them to email you the code after buying?[/QUOTE]

We don't email you a code, it goes into "your games and software library" and lives there as long as you have an Amazon account. When you want to use that code just copy / paste it into Origin.

It looks like all the pricing/marketing has gone live. I'm going to sleep for a bit everyone. Talk to you in a few hours!

Cheers,
Tony

Hello!
Nice game deals on amazon. I have a question about steam redeemable games.
I buy a steam game with key.Can I buy the same game again and will I receive a different steam key ?

[quote name='mascotzel']Hello!
Nice game deals on amazon. I have a question about steam redeemable games.
I buy a steam game with key.Can I buy the same game again and will I receive a different steam key ?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you.
I've got 2 more questions.
Are Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur linked to other gaming services?
Not all deals have an end date , could you update that info for those deals ?

Bought Total War: Shogun 2. I really hope I like strategy games as much as I think I will. I figure it won't get much cheaper, but I want the DLC packs now :(. What's sad is I've spent money non-stop on all these PC games that I won't touch for a while. What little time I have, I need to finish the 30+ console games (not counting portable or PSN/XBL games which would double that easily) in my backlog so I can sell them.

I must say with a guilty heart & an empty wallet, "Thank you, Tony!"

Grrr...I just found myself buying the Square Enix pack after promising myself I wouldn't. It's just too much value and I wanted JC2 anyways. Sigh....

If anyone wants to trade anything other than Just Cause 2 in the pack for Total War: Medieval II Kingdoms, Saints Row 2, or anything else PM me.

Does Hitman Triple Threat Pack - $6.99 - activates on Steam? It says it is an online game code.

How about "SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack" activates on Steam as well?

[quote name='TheHeretic']Does Hitman Triple Threat Pack - $6.99 - activates on Steam? It says it is an online game code.

How about "SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack" activates on Steam as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes on Hitman, no on SEGA Mega Pack.

[quote name='mascotzel']Thank you.
I've got 2 more questions.
Are Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur linked to other gaming services?
Not all deals have an end date , could you update that info for those deals ?[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 3 has to use origin.

dduummbb qquueessttiioonn,, iiss tthhee ffeemmmmee ffaattttaallee sstteeaamm??

SSoorrrrryy aabboouutt tthhee kkeeyybbooaarrdd,, ffoorr ssoommee rreeaassoonn iitt jjuusstt ddeecciiddeedd ttoo ddoouubbllee eevveerryy lleetttteerr,, ii ggoottttaa ffiiggguurree oouutt wwhhaatt tthhee hheellll jjuusstt hhaappppeenneedd ttoo iitt..

[quote name='au7oma7ic']dduummbb qquueessttiioonn,, iiss tthhee ffeemmmmee ffaattttaallee sstteeaamm??

SSoorrrrryy aabboouutt tthhee kkeeyybbooaarrdd,, ffoorr ssoommee rreeaassoonn iitt jjuusstt ddeecciiddeedd ttoo ddoouubbllee eevveerryy lleetttteerr,, ii ggoottttaa ffiiggguurree oouutt wwhhaatt tthhee hheellll jjuusstt hhaappppeenneedd ttoo iitt..[/QUOTE]

NNoo iitt ddooeessnn''tt aaccttiivvaattee oonn SStteeaamm.. iitt aaccttiivvaatteess oonn OOrriiggiinn..

Now I am trying to hold off on digital downloads of batman and battlefield on steam as I want both for the pc...but i want both in box form.

Think I'm gonna bite on Divinity 2, just out of curiosity.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']dduummbb qquueessttiioonn,, iiss tthhee ffeemmmmee ffaattttaallee sstteeaamm??

SSoorrrrryy aabboouutt tthhee kkeeyybbooaarrdd,, ffoorr ssoommee rreeaassoonn iitt jjuusstt ddeecciiddeedd ttoo ddoouubbllee eevveerryy lleetttteerr,, ii ggoottttaa ffiiggguurree oouutt wwhhaatt tthhee hheellll jjuusstt hhaappppeenneedd ttoo iitt..[/QUOTE]
If it doubles every letter, why are there 5 "r"s in sorry and not 4?

Hmm this sale seems to be attracting a big influx of be converts from consoles who still want boxes, are shocked at having 6 games in their backlog and think $30 is a good deal. They will learn ;-)

Anyway, is anything noteworthy going on sale among the casual games this weekend or was the casual stuff pretty much on sale for the duration of Mayhem?

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm this sale seems to be attracting a big influx of be converts from consoles who still want boxes, are shocked at having 6 games in their backlog and think $30 is a good deal. They will learn ;-)

Anyway, is anything noteworthy going on sale among the casual games this weekend or was the casual stuff pretty much on sale for the duration of Mayhem?[/QUOTE]

I don't get statement like these, what you think you are enlighten because you are a PC gamer?

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm this sale seems to be attracting a big influx of be converts from consoles who still want boxes, are shocked at having 6 games in their backlog and think $30 is a good deal. They will learn ;-)[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, "the dark ages." I remember those.

[quote name='silver001']I don't get statement like these, what you think you are enlighten because you are a PC gamer?[/QUOTE]
I can't speak for him, but I certainly don't think that.

I know it.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']thanks for the reply sunghost. Goddamn I just built my own rig this week (first ever) and I've already filled up 250 GB on games.[/QUOTE]
I know, lol. I've put 551gb of games on my 1tb hdd in a little over a month :(. Now I'm looking for another hdd, smh.

[quote name='silver001']I don't get statement like these, what you think you are enlighten because you are a PC gamer?[/QUOTE]
I think he's just saying that we whom are used to buying console games on sale come to the thread with a very different mindset. $30 for a console sale was good for a great game, even if you had a small backlog. Of course, you can sell console games when done. I just think he's letting us know to be patient, that all these games we want will get significantly cheaper, so if we have a backlog, just play those games for a bit. $30 for a game you won't play for a month or so is NOT a great deal on a PC title. Less than $10 is where we should set our marks.

Either way, I didn't get any 'elitism' tone from his post, but who am I to say?

[quote name='twztid13']I think he's just saying that we whom are used to buying console games on sale come to the thread with a very different mindset. $30 for a console sale was good for a great game, even if you had a small backlog. Of course, you can sell console games when done. I just think he's letting us know to be patient, that all these games we want will get significantly cheaper, so if we have a backlog, just play those games for a bit. $30 for a game you won't play for a month or so is NOT a great deal on a PC title. Less than $10 is where we should set our marks.[/QUOTE]
Bingo. The more Steam (and now Amazon) sales you take part in, the more your perception of value shifts. It nows takes something special for me to want to crack the $15 mark on a PC game, whereas that's usually how low most console games go, sometimes dipping to $10 if you're supremely lucky.

That, and boxes/disks become meaningless when you realize that DRM often makes the disk useless after you install the game, either by having it tied to an account where you can redownload it at any time (Steam/Origin) or by limiting your installs.

As for the backlog, well, let's just say triple digits aren't hard to reach when you start delving into sales, indie bundles, and the like.

[quote name='twztid13']I think he's just saying that we whom are used to buying console games on sale come to the thread with a very different mindset. $30 for a console sale was good for a great game, even if you had a small backlog. Of course, you can sell console games when done. I just think he's letting us know to be patient, that all these games we want will get significantly cheaper, so if we have a backlog, just play those games for a bit. $30 for a game you won't play for a month or so is NOT a great deal on a PC title. Less than $10 is where we should set our marks.

Either way, I didn't get any 'elitism' tone from his post, but who am I to say?[/QUOTE]

I have a good example of this. I set my CAG Price Notification for Syndicate at $25 a few months ago, when I thought I was going to get it for console. Its going to drop to $18 on AMazon today and Im still going to hold out, because I now know that give it a few months, itll be a fraction of that.

total war shogun 2 for 7.5$ nice price for this strategy game
japan41.gif

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Bingo. The more Steam (and now Amazon) sales you take part in, the more your perception of value shifts. It nows takes something special for me to want to crack the $15 mark on a PC game, whereas that's usually how low most console games go, sometimes dipping to $10 if you're supremely lucky.

That, and boxes/disks become meaningless when you realize that DRM often makes the disk useless after you install the game, either by having it tied to an account where you can redownload it at any time (Steam/Origin) or by limiting your installs.

As for the backlog, well, let's just say triple digits aren't hard to reach when you start delving into sales, indie bundles, and the like.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the 15$ thing. I've been agonizing over whether to pick up SR3, and this is a game I've wanted for ages and will definitely get to shortly after buying. To make things more pathetic, I have $7.50 in credit on my account, so it'll be a sub-10$ purchase.

It's hard to justify spending much money after you've been watching PC deals for awhile.

I think I'll take the leap on SR3, though.

What the others said. There's nothing elitist just very different considerations. For one you can't sell back so you want offset that with a lower price point. Another thing is that a backlog isn't a bad thing but if you aren't going to play the game right away then you want to make sure it's about as low as the price will ever go (generally around 75% off more or less).

The sales are different too with PC digital downloads and tend to be more aggressive pricing on the deals in general so a good price on the console version of a game may not necessarily be the same for the PC.

The other thing is particularly with Steam games there is not a lot of point to a box copy. You will just be plugging in a code inside a box that will have to download the latest version of the game anyway. It's quicker and more convenient to just get the code instantly and plug it in.

TL;DR I meant no offense, merely that it's a different market segment in many ways so take that into consideration and do your research.

[quote name='Motoki']What the others said. There's nothing elitist just very different considerations. For one you can't sell back so you want offset that with a lower price point. Another thing is that a backlog isn't a bad thing but if you aren't going to play the game right away then you want to make sure it's about as low as the price will ever go (generally around 75% off more or less).

The sales are different too with PC digital downloads and tend to be more aggressive pricing on the deals in general so a good price on the console version of a game may not necessarily be the same for the PC.

The other thing is particularly with Steam games there is not a lot of point to a box copy. You will just be plugging in a code inside a box that will have to download the latest version of the game anyway. It's quicker and more convenient to just get the code instantly and plug it in.

TL;DR I meant no offense, merely that it's a different market segment in many ways so take that into consideration and do your research.[/QUOTE]

Yessir. And for another example just look at Amazon's EA Racing pack. 14.99 for 4 great racing games. On "sale" this weekend it would cost you 30 plus shipping and tax to get only three of those games from EA. Now maybe after trading in at the right time with some bonuses it might work out the same for you, but here you get the same games at a fraction of the price with no hassle.

As for the casual games, it's the usual suspects from every sale it seems. Some decent hidden object stuff, but not much else.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Will you ever have Portal 2 up for a steam key? I want to get that so bad for the workshop but would prefer to use my credit on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Valve doesn't too often put out many Steam keys for their own games digitally outside of Steam.
GameStop PC App is one of the few that has Valve games sold digitally.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Bingo. The more Steam (and now Amazon) sales you take part in, the more your perception of value shifts. It nows takes something special for me to want to crack the $15 mark on a PC game, whereas that's usually how low most console games go, sometimes dipping to $10 if you're supremely lucky.[/quote]
For the most part, agreed.
Plus, my ridiculous backlog of games seems to be crazily increasing.

Games that can take 20 hours or more often will make me think about spending over $30 or more.
RPG's for me especially normally do fit this bill.

Correct.

Plus, you can back-up your stuff elsewhere [DVD discs, BR discs, another hard disk drive, flash drive, whatever], if you don't want to re-download the entire game from their servers or say if their servers are down. This way, you always have your stuff - in case something hits the fan, on your end or their end. Plus, you won't have to worry as much about crossing your GB limit w/ your ISP [if there is one], as well.
I really think games like RAGE (24 GB) and DAO Ultimate [28 GB], I really don't want to have to re-download them.
Max Payne 3 PC will probably be another [35 GB requirement].

Steam
Steam has their back-up utility built into the game service for "Archiving a game" [Right Click on a Game, Click Back-Up Game Files, and go from there]. Or, you can back-up your entire Steam folder or specific game folders.

Origin.
With Origin-required games - copy your entire game folder where it is installed as is. An Installer folder is within the game folder, if you need to reinstall a game - so you'd make sure you'd run that on a reinstall.
For 3rd party games not requiring Origin - like Batman: AC or SFxT - look in your Preferences to where it saves Game Installer. You will want to back-up your game installers, if you want to back things up elsewhere.

[quote name='MysterD']For the most part, agreed.
Plus, my ridiculous backlog of games seems to be crazily increasing.

Games that can take 20 hours or more often will make me think about spending over $30 or more.
RPG's for me especially normally do fit this bill.
[/quote]

I do make exceptions sometimes too but if I do pay $30+ for a game then I make damned sure I play it right away and not let it sit unplayed in the backlog for months then meanwhile it goes on sale for $5 and I still haven't touched it yet.

I think the first time that happens it really slaps you in the face and you realize anything you aren't going to play right away needs to be dirt cheap or you'll regret it.

[quote name='Motoki']I do make exceptions sometimes too but if I do pay $30+ for a game then I make damned sure I play it right away and not let it sit unplayed in the backlog for months then meanwhile it goes on sale for $5 and I still haven't touched it yet.[/quote]
Same here.
Anything I spend good $ on, that takes priority.
The more $ that I spent on it, the more priority that it takes to play ASAP.

Games like ME3 [spent $30 on it] - yep, as soon as it arrived, I was playing it! :D
Everything else got put to the side.

I think the first time that happens it really slaps you in the face and you realize anything you aren't going to play right away needs to be dirt cheap or you'll regret it.
Exactly.

[quote name='Luxuria']Which would you guys recommend: FFXI or XIV?[/QUOTE]

FFXI by far.

XIV was a broken game at launch, to the point where they're doing XIV 2.0, a complete and total revamp of the gameplay systems. When 2.0 comes out, I'll come back and retry it, but not a chance in hell until then.

[quote name='Luxuria']Which would you guys recommend: FFXI or XIV?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played either, but the overwhelming majority seems to say that XIV is a broken awful mess and that XI is pretty good and still has a fairly active player base.

[quote name='Logain8955']FFXI by far.

XIV was a broken game at launch, to the point where they're doing XIV 2.0, a complete and total revamp of the gameplay systems. When 2.0 comes out, I'll come back and retry it, but not a chance in hell until then.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I got BURNED HARD when I got the 80 dollar CE edition for a game that was not finished, had no realistic goals, and just plain sucks. 2.0 might give the game a new life, but even then it has left a very bad taste in the mouth for the ff14 vets.

FF11 is probably the way to go if it is just between those 2. It has a great story actually. Just be prepared to spend a lot of hours in the game to get somewhere.

Ended up picking up Tera CE and possibly the 2nd dlc for KOA in a bit. These sale prices are kick ass Tony and it seems you set the price benchmark for the competitors hahaha.

[quote name='MegaXtrike']anyone know if there is any restriction to activate ffXIV/FFXI outside US?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any problems, I downloaded it fine through Amazon's downloader and went through all the activation procedures relatively smoothly; though I still can't play XI at all because I don't have a Verified by Visa or a special Mastercard Credit Card. Fortunately, XIV doesn't use that archaic PlayOnline platform.

I'll put it this way: I sunk months into FFXI and loved it, despite its relative challenge.

I played FFXIV for a few hours near launch and haven't touched it since, even when it was F2P for a while.

I think the problem is that first impressions last, and FFXIV, apparently, was broken at launch, but it has come a long way since then.
I'm a new player, and started in the Welcome Back campaign a couple of weeks ago, and I'm enjoying the game as it is right now.
Though, it still has a lot to be fixed, but nothing really game-breaking; it does many of things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back