Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nohbdy']Oh. A bit misleading when the sale date was above it.[/QUOTE]

How so?...it says "2 days only"...

EDIT: Added clarity in large bold letters to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']How so?...it says "2 days only"...

EDIT: Added clarity in large bold letters to the OP.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Me personally, I don't like the term "then off sale", I'd have used "then back to full/regular/normal price"

[quote name='travathian']Me personally, I don't like the term "then off sale", I'd have used "then back to full/regular/normal price"[/QUOTE]

...that's not true though...the package will be completely off sale (as in not buyable) and Crusader Kings II will be a different price point, but not full price.

Cheers,
Tony

For anyone looking for a good casual game and not put off by hidden object games, I highly highly recommend Pickers. I bought it last night and spent like 4 hours playing it.

Hidden Objects isn't really the main point of the game. It's based (well a blatant clone) of the show American Pickers, and you go around to different locations trying to buy or "pick" items to sell in your shop or auction. You buy and then bring them back and price them. You also haggle with the owners of the items to try to get a good price. It's a fun twist on the casual game genre. It's not as challenging as I'd like, but it is one of the better ones I've played period and it is on sale for 2.99. (For comparison, I saw the retail boxed copy at Target for 19.99).

[quote name='brettsp']For those buying Hot pursuit, I am having a really hard time activating the game once it is installed. The activation key provided by amazon will activate the game on origin, but when the game is installed it asks for a serial number to activate the game again and it says the code provided by amazon is invalid. On my second code (amazon cs is great!) now and it's still invalid....Oh well, guess I'm just unlucky...[/QUOTE]I'm just going to guess, but I would suggest checking the info of the game once it's registered in Origin and see if it provided a new, different key for the in-game window...

[quote name='brettsp']For those buying Hot pursuit, I am having a really hard time activating the game once it is installed. The activation key provided by amazon will activate the game on origin, but when the game is installed it asks for a serial number to activate the game again and it says the code provided by amazon is invalid. On my second code (amazon cs is great!) now and it's still invalid....Oh well, guess I'm just unlucky...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Contact EA support on Origin they can straighten it out for you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']That's odd, did you try entering the key without hyphens when activating the game? I bought it off of Amazon, activated on Origin, and played the game without any problems (but this was a while ago, I think back in January). Could be a very recent issue with the keys EA gave Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='brettsp']yeah, it's strange... I tried it with and without hyphens...Maybe it's a temporary glitch or something....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I have only dealt with Origin support once, but they were very helpful. A few months back I received an email saying that my account details were assigned to another email address and that the password had been changed. I called Origin support and after about 5 minutes of verifying my information, I had my account back and everything was back to normal. No matter what company you are dealing with, it is possible to have positive and negative experiences.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Remfin']I'm just going to guess, but I would suggest checking the info of the game once it's registered in Origin and see if it provided a new, different key for the in-game window...[/QUOTE]

FYI there is apparently something wonky going on either with the keys we got for Hot Pursuit, or the servers to activate the game.

We've emailed EA on this and have since pulled the product from sale. Please stay tuned for more information and sorry for the hassle.

[quote name='MarkHawk']Can the EA Racing Pack be redeemed on Steam or is it Origin only?[/QUOTE]

Origin only. EA games not sold on Steam will likely not activate on Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Origin only. EA games not sold on Steam will likely not activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I saw that it was sold on steam but it's an EA pack so I assumed it'd be Origin exclusive. Thanks for the timely response. Make sure you eat lots of burgers and enjoy yourself tomorrow. (Bought it based on response time :D )

[quote name='Motoki']Then the deal is not for you. That's fine. Move on. However I don't think that every single person on this forum needs to comment every single time there is a deal they are not interested in.

Now you know the reasons for it and there actually are some people (like me) who prefer digital over boxed and are willing even to pay little more for it sometimes. For them maybe it is a deal. Every deal is not for every person.

Now I know there are people who think it is their right to express their opinion about anything and everything all of the time and maybe they are right but I think this would be a very unpleasant place to be at if every thread was filled with 'This deal sucks!' comments.

Ahem. To get back on topic a little, I bought the Plentiful Paradox Pack. Great deal!

(Notice I commented on the deal I liked and not the ones I was not interested in. If few or no people comment on a deal it's a much more subtle way of getting the point across that the deal may not be the best. And then there is the ultimate way of getting the point across, buying or not buying)[/QUOTE]
And I don't think it's really necessary to complain about someone discussing and disliking a price on something either. When Amazon is advertising a "deal" on a game when they're selling the physical copy for less (half the price if you buy through an Amazon seller), I think it's fully warranted for someone to say "Yeah, okay, that's garbage". I mean, there are loads of awesome deals here, yet then there's absolute nonsense like that thrown in.

I also think it's a good thing to discuss, or say "This deal sucks!", because that way someone won't hop on this thread and just buy the game at that price when they can get it cheaper elsewhere. As much as I appreciate Tony's effort and Amazon's deals here, I'd still rather any gamer get the better price (and the better item). If that upsets you, sorry.

[quote name='Corpekata']Can't believe Front Mission (easily one of the worst games in the sale) inspired all that.[/QUOTE]
I'm a big Front Mission fan. They're really good games if you like the genre and I've been looking for Evolved at a good price for awhile. Front Mission 4 was an amazing game; good customization, story, gameplay. I loved it. I can't say much for Evolved since I haven't played it yet, and it's definitely a different direction being a FPS basically, but the biggest complaint I've heard has been "The environment isn't destructible enough."

[quote name='sunghost']Well, to be fair.. it does make you wonder why the download version is so high if the game is so bad. I'd buy it for $5 just to see how bad it is, but $10 is way too high IMO.[/QUOTE]
Ratings generally ranging from 5-7 doesn't usually mean a game is terrible. In this day and age a game can have a few flaws that hardly affect the entire experience and it will receive terrible ratings. Half the time I play a game around 2.5 stars or with a 5/10 rating I end up thinking it's pretty awesome. Hell, I fired up RE:ORC expecting the crap-fest that everyone said it was and ended up liking the game a lot. Was it the greatest FPS of all time? No, but definitely not worth the flak it received.

I've actually heard a fair deal of good about Evolved along with the bad. The gameplay and customization is supposed to work quite nicely, but I guess I can't say a whole lot since I haven't played it myself.

You keep comparing apples to oranges though. Front Mission is a sale and a deal compared to what the DIGITAL version usually costs and what you can buy the DIGITAL version for right now.

Sure, it's fine to say "Hey, the retail version can be bought cheaper here or there," but you fail to recognize some people prefer the digital version:

1. Digital version will always be registered to your amazon account (Since FME is steam, this is a null issue).
2. You don't have to wait x amount of days to get the game, you can start gaming right away.
3. You don't have to worry about keeping a case on a shelf somewhere (Steam again in this case makes it null).
4. For amazon, you don't have to worry about either having Prime or spending 25 to get FSSS.

I think what rubs people the wrong way is your insistence that just because this isn't a good deal for YOU then it is not a good deal overall.

For people who want to play this game and want the digital download this is a deal, this is 50% off, so just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean Amazon should just say "you know what, screw it, we'll just keep this for regular price."

[quote name='Idiotekque']And I don't think it's really necessary to complain about someone discussing and disliking a price on something either. When Amazon is advertising a "deal" on a game when they're selling the physical copy for less (half the price if you buy through an Amazon seller), I think it's fully warranted for someone to say "Yeah, okay, that's garbage". I mean, there are loads of awesome deals here, yet then there's absolute nonsense like that thrown in.

I also think it's a good thing to discuss, or say "This deal sucks!", because that way someone won't hop on this thread and just buy the game at that price when they can get it cheaper elsewhere. As much as I appreciate Tony's effort and Amazon's deals here, I'd still rather any gamer get the better price (and the better item). If that upsets you, sorry.
[/quote]

Almost any deal posted anywhere is going to be cheaper somewhere some time. That's what comparison shopping is for. It's up to every shopper to compare prices and consider other factors like the medium and the store they may prefer to buy from for various reasons.

As for your repeatedly expressed opinions making me "upset" it's not ruining my day I just think it's negative and unnecessary. Obviously you don't so fair enough. That's what the ignore button is for.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And I don't think it's really necessary to complain about someone discussing and disliking a price on something either. When Amazon is advertising a "deal" on a game when they're selling the physical copy for less (half the price if you buy through an Amazon seller), I think it's fully warranted for someone to say "Yeah, okay, that's garbage". I mean, there are loads of awesome deals here, yet then there's absolute nonsense like that thrown in.

I'm a big Front Mission fan. They're really good games if you like the genre and I've been looking for Evolved at a good price for awhile. Front Mission 4 was an amazing game; good customization, story, gameplay. I loved it. I can't say much for Evolved since I haven't played it yet, and it's definitely a different direction being a FPS basically, but the biggest complaint I've heard has been "The environment isn't destructible enough."

Ratings generally ranging from 5-7 doesn't usually mean a game is terrible. In this day and age a game can have a few flaws that hardly affect the entire experience and it will receive terrible ratings. Half the time I play a game around 2.5 stars or with a 5/10 rating I end up thinking it's pretty awesome. Hell, I fired up RE:ORC expecting the crap-fest that everyone said it was and ended up liking the game a lot. Was it the greatest FPS of all time? No, but definitely not worth the flak it received.

I've actually heard a fair deal of good about Evolved along with the bad. The gameplay and customization is supposed to work quite nicely, but I guess I can't say a whole lot since I haven't played it myself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You keep comparing apples to oranges though. Front Mission is a sale and a deal compared to what the DIGITAL version usually costs and what you can buy the DIGITAL version for right now.

Sure, it's fine to say "Hey, the retail version can be bought cheaper here or there," but you fail to recognize some people prefer the digital version:

1. Digital version will always be registered to your amazon account (Since FME is steam, this is a null issue).
2. You don't have to wait x amount of days to get the game, you can start gaming right away.
3. You don't have to worry about keeping a case on a shelf somewhere (Steam again in this case makes it null).
4. For amazon, you don't have to worry about either having Prime or spending 25 to get FSSS.

I think what rubs people the wrong way is your insistence that just because this isn't a good deal for YOU then it is not a good deal overall.

For people who want to play this game and want the digital download this is a deal, this is 50% off, so just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean Amazon should just say "you know what, screw it, we'll just keep this for regular price."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Almost any deal posted anywhere is going to be cheaper somewhere some time. That's what comparison shopping is for. It's up to every shopper to compare prices and consider other factors like the medium and the store they may prefer to buy from for various reasons.

As for your repeatedly expressed opinions making me "upset" it's not ruining my day I just think it's negative and unnecessary. Obviously you don't so fair enough. That's what the ignore button is for.[/QUOTE]

First and foremost thanks everyone for the different viewpoints. I can see where Idiotekque would be confused by the disparity between physical and digital pricing, I hope I've done what I can to explain that difference. The implication that I'm trying to pass off any deals as better or worse than they actually are, as noted by the quote, "When Amazon is advertising a "deal" on a game when they're selling the physical copy for less (half the price if you buy through an Amazon seller), I think it's fully warranted for someone to say "Yeah, okay, that's garbage". is what I think the responders to this commentary find inappropriate. I think that the dialogue in this thread over the past year bears that out.

Like I said, I put the deals I think are awesome together and push those aggressively, through social media, email campaigns, calling them out in separate sections in the OP here, etc. everything else gets included in the OP because when I started this threadI tried to cherry pick what I thought were killer deals and I'd get a battery of requests (mostly from MysterD ;) ) to add stuff to the OP. These requests detracted from things that I could be doing like securing better deals, answering quesitons about DRM, running down customer service issues, etc. so now I list everything we'll have on sale, as comprehensively as possible, in the OP.

My other point of confusion is that I don't see this kind of commentary in other digital deal threads across this forum, I think the starkest example is:

http://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Drew-Haunting-Castle-Download/dp/B00359FHKQ/

Which is currently a $1.50 more as a daily deal elsewhere in the channel...but no mention of the fact that this is actually a worse deal than what we have running right now.

Just my 2 cents, again, thanks for the feedback, I hope you understand that it isn't possible to police every deal in a promotion spanning 12 days and 300 products to ensure that there isn't a third party physical retailer somewhere selling any given product for less at a point during the sale.

It also isn't feasible for me to pick and choose what titles to list in the OP, as this simply creates churn, repeated questions, and a lower quality of service for others who have questions about stuff that I can address and help with.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I have only dealt with Origin support once, but they were very helpful. A few months back I received an email saying that my account details were assigned to another email address and that the password had been changed. I called Origin support and after about 5 minutes of verifying my information, I had my account back and everything was back to normal. No matter what company you are dealing with, it is possible to have positive and negative experiences.[/QUOTE]
That's true. In my case I've had two incredibly bad experiences. I had to do my own research and walk the support person through the solution last time, he couldn't find anything wrong and I told him where to look. The first time, the support guy wasn't recognizing the concept of digital downloads and kept asking for a photo of my steam-purchased game discs. It's good to hear that sometimes they know what they're doing, I wouldn't have guessed it.

OMG I guess it's almost time for V3 of this thread.

If you don't like the deal that's great (feel free to say so) but for the majority of us we come in here to find out what's begin offered not someone's opinion on physical vs. digital delivery or other nonsense - please stop cluttering up these threads. Say your peace and leave it at that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']

I've actually heard a fair deal of good about Evolved along with the bad. The gameplay and customization is supposed to work quite nicely, but I guess I can't say a whole lot since I haven't played it myself.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything good about it, but maybe I'm looking in all of the wrong places. Wherever I go, people recommend to avoid it at all costs lol. I get what you're saying about ratings, and I don't always base my decision to play a game on that. I liked Duke Nukem Forever, and didn't think that was anywhere near terrible as everyone said.. but the PC port of Front Mission Evolved apparently isn't very optimized. I've heard of it running like crap on higher-end builds.

Anyway, I wish there was a demo for the game so I could at least see how it runs.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'm buying front mission evolved just because of all the hub bub about it. I'll never play it but who plays their games.[/QUOTE]

I do, damnit!

I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution! Just now! Not 5 minutes ago!

And I don't know that I can remember the last game I finished.

Wait.

I do.

Bulletstorm.

In February.

Kind of just wanted to brag about finally getting the Deus Ex monkey off my back.

Ugh...still trying to decide on Total War. I keep thinking it'll be $5 at the summer sale and I can't rationalize the $2.50 difference.

[quote name='omnicious']Ugh...still trying to decide on Total War. I keep thinking it'll be $5 at the summer sale and I can't rationalize the $2.50 difference.[/QUOTE]

It's always a battle with waiting and saving a couple of bucks versus gratification. Yet my backlog keeps on growing for some reason...

Hi Tony, I just sent you a PM regarding a game that has a digital version but isn't part of the sale. It isn't a pressing matter.

By the way, is the puppy a Goldendoodle? I ask because I love mix breeds and have have a Yellow Lab / Belgian Shepard.

I don't have a serious problem with anything. First I was just bringing it up to see what Tony would say about it. It's very uncommon for a digital version to cost more than a physical version; this is actually the first time I've seen that on Amazon. Couple with the fact that the digital version of this game was on SALE for more than the normal price of physical version, that just kind of flabbergasted me since all of these MAYhem sales are really good while that one is terrible in comparison (and listed on the OP).

It is what it is, I completely understand why some people prefer digital (even I do sometimes because it's so damn easy), but like I said, at that price point on sale compared to the normal price for the physical copy; very weird. Tony explained, I said alright and that it's just a shame they couldn't have come up with a better price on the digital version since it's basically useless compared to the physical version. In fact now that I looked harder, you can buy the Xbox 360 version on Amazon for $4 + $3 or so shipping, and from what I hear the game performs much better on that system. Just another factor to make the digital "sale" on this version a very weak deal and generally "garbage".

It's just a price, it's not like I'm trashing Tony or this entire sale, or Amazon in general here. Hell, I've probably spent $50 or so on these sales over the past couple months. I'm allowed to state my peace, and like someone suggested, "Say your peace and leave it at that". I did that (or tried to), but then people come in complaining about... well, complaining about the complaining. I wasn't really "complaining", I thought people were allowed free discussion here. I say "Holy shit, this price is amazing" all the time, I'm not allowed to say "That price is terrible" now and then? I've said it a grand total of twice, and the last time I did it was about the Call of Duty "sales" which were absolutely awful, and people agreed with me that time that the prices were really bad. When it's about a popular game I get no flak, and when it's about an unpopular game everyone has to play mini-forum-cop? lol, alright.

But yeah, I said my peace and left it at that. It was people chiming in saying "go away if you don't like the price" that elicited a response/explanation. I'm happy to leave it at any time, but since this is a free discussion, I have no problem with replying if someone quotes me. That's what forums are for, right?

Since this is all on topic (about prices on these sales), that doesn't really qualify as clutter, but if you want to call it that, complaining about somebody disliking a price is just as cluttering as the dislike on the price in the first place. Keep that in mind.

In any case, thanks for your patient explanations, Tony. Hopefully we can see a more reasonable price on this game in the future! I would definitely pick it up at a $2.99 price point.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Stop complaining about the complaining about the complaining etc etc.

Still thinking about Total War. I think it'll be $5 on the summer sale also.[/QUOTE]
Word.

I wanted to pick it up myself, but that is a HARD game to run on laptops. I'd be lucky if I can run that at low settings on the laptops I'm looking to pick up, lol. It's an awesome price though; I've only heard good things about the game.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Word.

I wanted to pick it up myself, but that is a HARD game to run on laptops. I'd be lucky if I can run that at low settings on the laptops I'm looking to pick up, lol. It's an awesome price though; I've only heard good things about the game.[/QUOTE]

It's great albeit harder than medieval 2, which is probably a good thing. I got it for 6.50 and won't regret the purchase even when it will hit 5 either this summer or Christmas. But if your rig can't handle it then why jump in? You would be better off waiting and playing medieval 2 and the Lotr mods.

Told myself I wasn't going to, but I ended up grabbing the Paradox pack anyways. Sue me.

Question though (although it's too late either way), do the Steam activated games NEED to be activated on Steam to play or not? I ask because my gaming laptop refuses to connect to the internet these days (trust me, have tried everything) and if something needs to be activated online to play I'm pretty much screwed. Am I screwed? lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Told myself I wasn't going to, but I ended up grabbing the Paradox pack anyways. Sue me.

Question though (although it's too late either way), do the Steam activated games NEED to be activated on Steam to play or not? I ask because my gaming laptop refuses to connect to the internet these days (trust me, have tried everything) and if something needs to be activated online to play I'm pretty much screwed. Am I screwed? lol.[/QUOTE]

no idea about your question but you can just install Steam on a computer *with* internet, download the games. back them up to a usb drive and just install on your gaming PC that way

Ah, that's helpful. I'm such a novice when it comes to PC gaming; while it would be cool to have Steam at my fingertips, my gaming laptop doesn't have that ability (hence my looking to buy a new one). I'm pretty clueless when it comes to all these games that require internet connection just to install them. I'm used to the old days when all I had to do was toss a CD Key written on the back of the manual in during installation and be done with it!

So even Steam games can just be thrown on a USB drive and moved over to another computer and played fine? I won't be prompted to connect to the internet again and whatnot?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ah, that's helpful. I'm such a novice when it comes to PC gaming; while it would be cool to have Steam at my fingertips, my gaming laptop doesn't have that ability (hence my looking to buy a new one). I'm pretty clueless when it comes to all these games that require internet connection just to install them. I'm used to the old days when all I had to do was toss a CD Key written on the back of the manual in during installation and be done with it!

So even Steam games can just be thrown on a USB drive and moved over to another computer and played fine? I won't be prompted to connect to the internet again and whatnot?[/QUOTE]
You may be prompted, I'm not sure about Steamworks DRM games but other ones like Securom force you to activate games online when they're installed onto a new computer.

You'll probably end up downloading a few files again. This happened when I moved my Steam folder to a new hard drive.

Most of the time the downloads aren't too big, but if you have a large library, you will be inundated with these downloads.

And in rare cases, you will get big downloads. Dead Space is the game that comes to mind.

Those answers don't really answer my question. I'm asking if I can bring downloaded Steam activated games directly from a computer with internet to a computer without internet. My laptop has no way to connect to the internet whatsoever.

It's somewhat of a Catch-22. Normally you have to be online once to set to offline mode, and again, that's to say nothing of the missing files as I mentioned.

This solution (4th post in) was posted at Steam forums, but I can't verify if it works.

Also, as mentioned by Solid Snake Eyes, it's going to depend if the game requires a constant online connection (see most Ubisoft games).

Alright, looks like that topic should help if I run into problems. Thanks.

I doubt a game like Magicka or Psychonauts will require a constant online connection, but here's hoping eh?

[quote name='omnicious']Are these all the deals that will be on during this sale period? If so then perhaps I can justify buying Total War.[/QUOTE]

Sale ends tomorrow, no more additions :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Alright, looks like that topic should help if I run into problems. Thanks.

I doubt a game like Magicka or Psychonauts will require a constant online connection, but here's hoping eh?[/QUOTE]

Neither Magicka nor Psychonauts should require an always on connection. Honestly, it's largely confined to Ubisoft games Ass Creed 2 and later.

I'm just worried that I will have to have had Steam installed on my laptop and ONLINE so that my password for my account would have been put in and remembered so that I can carry out that config editing trick to set it to eternal offline mode.

Basically I'm going to have to install Steam on my laptop that has no internet, and I'm guessing it won't even install without forcing you to connect to the internet and set it up properly.

Probably screwed, eh.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm just worried that I will have to have had Steam installed on my laptop and ONLINE so that my password for my account would have been put in and remembered so that I can carry out that config editing trick to set it to eternal offline mode.

Basically I'm going to have to install Steam on my laptop that has no internet, and I'm guessing it won't even install without forcing you to connect to the internet and set it up properly.

Probably screwed, eh.[/QUOTE]

You can't connect an Ethernet cable once? How is it completely impossible for you to ever have an internet connection?

Just gave in and bought Total War and Mirror's Edge. Gonna hold off on Saint's Row the Third. That's it. No more of my money, Amazon.

BTW I know those games are redeemable for Steam and Origin respectively but is it possible to download through Amazon and then connect through those services? In my experience Amazon has better download speeds.

Hey Tony, your deals are so great you managed to draw me out of lurking to ask:

Will there be any more STALKER titles on sale in the future? I bought Shadow of Chernobyl from a previous deal and it was a blast, definitely looking forward to play the next ones, but I've become a loyal Amazon downloads customer so I wanted to check with you first.

But above all I'd like to thank you for the amazing deals, PC gaming has never been better!

[quote name='Eldredpe']You can't connect an Ethernet cable once? How is it completely impossible for you to ever have an internet connection?[/QUOTE]
My laptop is royally fucked up. I've even had a computer tech friend do everything he could possibly think of, including set the connection up completely manually (static IP, DNS, etc) to the point where the laptop SAYS it's connected, but it still won't load pages or communicate with the internet whatsoever.

I've tried everything bar a full reformat including the install of a new OS, but since I don't have an OS disc on hand it's a little difficult and I haven't had the time to try that yet.

Put short, it's impossible for the laptop to connect to the internet via ethernet or wireless (that's fucked too, but I do need to toy with it more).

are these paradox games steam? because I cant get the product codes to find them. Sorry, getting back on the pc gaming wagon after taking a decade long hiatus. Last time I was doing pc games was when steam was only counterstrike pretty much, haha.

[quote name='Palinn']Gahhhh! I keep talking myself out of the Plentiful Paradox pack.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here. Really interested in Crusader Kings II. Also want the Magicka Collection but I can wait since it's always on sale somewhere. I just finished building a new computer, so my credit card keeps telling me no more this billing cycle; but my CAG instincts keep telling me it's such a steal and it's only $12.50!

Any chance the Plentiful Paradox Package will go on sale again in the future?

[quote name='au7oma7ic']are these paradox games steam? because I cant get the product codes to find them. Sorry, getting back on the pc gaming wagon after taking a decade long hiatus. Last time I was doing pc games was when steam was only counterstrike pretty much, haha.[/QUOTE]

Crusader Kings 2, Magicka, and I thinks the swords 2 one is steamworks. When you click on the link in the OP, it says right after system specs if it activates on steam. The older games usually don't. I wish CK2 had cloud save though.

[quote name='GamingKnight']It's somewhat of a Catch-22. Normally you have to be online once to set to offline mode, and again, that's to say nothing of the missing files as I mentioned.

This solution (4th post in) was posted at Steam forums, but I can't verify if it works.

Also, as mentioned by Solid Snake Eyes, it's going to depend if the game requires a constant online connection (see most Ubisoft games).[/QUOTE]
Many games will require online activation whether they require always-online or not. I think he's definitely gonna run into some problems trying to activate games on an offline pc.

this probably have been asked before.. but does both game from femme fatal pack activates on origin? I know alice does according to the product page but mirros edge?

[quote name='8GuaWong']this probably have been asked before.. but does both game from femme fatal pack activates on origin? I know alice does according to the product page but mirros edge?[/QUOTE]

Yes, both games activate on Origin.

[quote name='Palinn']Gahhhh! I keep talking myself out of the Plentiful Paradox pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Haha same here. Really interested in Crusader Kings II. Also want the Magicka Collection but I can wait since it's always on sale somewhere. I just finished building a new computer, so my credit card keeps telling me no more this billing cycle; but my CAG instincts keep telling me it's such a steal and it's only $12.50!

Any chance the Plentiful Paradox Package will go on sale again in the future?[/QUOTE]

I kept trying and trying to resist, but when I found out there was a Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II, well, a guy can only resist so much.

Bought.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Like I said, I put the deals I think are awesome together and push those aggressively, through social media, email campaigns, calling them out in separate sections in the OP here, etc. everything else gets included in the OP because when I started this thread I tried to cherry pick what I thought were killer deals and I'd get a battery of requests (mostly from MysterD ;) ) to add stuff to the OP. These requests detracted from things that I could be doing like securing better deals, answering quesitons about DRM, running down customer service issues, etc. so now I list everything we'll have on sale, as comprehensively as possible, in the OP.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, sure....blame me for the battery of requests you get here everything, why don't you... ;)

If my informational stuff's getting in the way...
Since you do own post #2 in this thread, you could always edit post #2 and slide and put all the important side infomation [from post #1] in there.
That way, you keep the informational stuff out of the way of all the deals...and that the deals stay in front in post #1.

Some of that info stuff you could move to post #2 include:
Amazon DVG doesn't match International deals;
The info and link with what Keys activate up on Steam.
What games activate up on Origin and the link to that;
and EA Games Securom DeAuthorization Tools link.

And you can add to that above list:
EA games activate normally only on Origin;
EA games do NOT activate up on Steam under any circumstances.

EDIT:

Another thought is for the way future.
When you create the inevitable new thread #3 of this Amazon DVG [once this thread here gets WICKED LONG], you could PURPOSELY take up and reserve the first few posts of the thread [think like the first 2-4 posts].
Once you start that new thread, you could split it up and organize it more:
Post #1 - Current Deals [what's now on Sale]
Post #2 - Upcoming Deals
Post #3 - All the Information Stuff [about Steam, Origin, Amazon DVG policies, etc etc]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back